[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finally got around to watching this. The fuck was with the animation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: Digimon15key[1].jpg (443 KB, 1133x1600) Image search: [Google]
Digimon15key[1].jpg
443 KB, 1133x1600
Finally got around to watching this.

The fuck was with the animation? It was like DBZS levels of bad.

Also aside from nostalgia it doesn't really hold up.
>>
>>136052142
sound director needs to be fired as well
>>
>>136052142
Was it actually explained why Tai is so reluctant to fight? Or did I just zone out too much and miss the explanation? The build up to the fighting was not worth.
>>
They took a standard 1 cour anime and mashed it into 3 movies without redoing the animation
>>
Izzy is best boy
Joe is worst boy

Mimi is best girl
Sora is indecisive girl

Tai and Matt want to have gay sex but can't

Takeru gets all the bitches.

Dunno man it was pretty cool.
>>
>>136054118
Isn't 3 movies longer than a 1-cour anime?
>>
>>136054206
>Takeru gets all the bitches

He's just assblasted he can't have game like Yamato or Taichi and is trying to manwhore himself around, bringing despair to young unsuspecting teenage Japanese school girls.
>>
>>136052142
Toei is full of hacks
>>
>>136054206
I don't know who that chick was but it wasn't the Sora from the first anime.
Tai be like "I'm an adult i can't hurt people", "But we got kool monster, we have the privilege", "aye m8, you're right, let's do this"
Izzy was nice, true
Joe is still shit
Mimi is still shit
T.K seems to have aged well, nice kid.
Kari was meh

Ryo is still the best character
>>
>>136052142
The first three episodes were boring as all fuck, and the final fight was somewhat rewarding for that Alphamon smackdown, but fuck sake the evolution montage was so eh

And if they want to make 02 canon they could at least not fuck up and just warp digivolve rather than showing bloody MetalGreymon and WereGarurumon - who are impossible for them to evolve into after 02 - the stupid fanservice loving faggots.

I was rightfully disappointed in it for the most part, it was fun at times to watch but hell no am I watching it again.
>>
File: tumblr_o0p36kpE2K1rtjgwno1_500.jpg (146 KB, 500x728) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0p36kpE2K1rtjgwno1_500.jpg
146 KB, 500x728
I thought the animation was fine but the story progressed to slow. It didn't really get exciting until the fourth episode, but overall I enjoyed it. I'm honestly looking forward to the next one. Also pic related.
>>
>>136055735
It would probably be cooler if they just had warp digivolved, they could probably do the whole shinka stuff instead of the digimons just appearing out of nowhere
>>
File: how_do_you_know_that.jpg (41 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
how_do_you_know_that.jpg
41 KB, 640x480
Did the whole world's memory get erased again after 02?
How long has Gennai been working with a government agency but not saying a word to the people he chose specifically to fight evil digimon?
And why was it so surprising that Meiko had a digivice when they acknowledged the international chosen in the same movie?
>>
>>136055694
>Mimi is still shit

Incorrect.
Opinion discarded.

Mimi is literally perfection.
>>
>>136052142
>Bad animation

No, the line art was garbage tier and this was addressed by so many anons from the get-go.

The animation of the figures was slightly better than your typical Digimon Adventure and especially some parts of 02, with only being inferior to "Our War Game", which still aged pretty fucking well.
>>
>>136055899
I was honestly expecting them to just Warp Digivolve seeing as Agumon wasn't already evolved yet.

Also the fact that it was completely voice-less during the entire montage attacking scene just made it feel so lackluster to watch.

I hope they fix everything up in the next movie, but honestly I'm not expecting too much from this or Toei now.
>>
>>136055933
Gennai disappeared, since the Government couldn't get in touch with them.

Said Government Agency also seems keep a heavy surveillance on that gate where the Digital World became available to everyone since the Kuwagamons were popping out through some other opening that was altering them, making them stronger.

MUH LIEGE is probably involved in some way, and it'll probably tie in to Savers, Cyber Sleuth, X-Evolution, etc. about how Yggdrasil has been compromised.
>>
>>136056089
>in touh with them
>THEM

I'm still remember how there were so many fucking Gennai clones or some shit. Fuck me and my fever.
>>
>>136055986
>with only being inferior to "Our War Game", which still aged pretty fucking well.
Talk shit on the story of Our War Game as much as you want but damn does it still look nice
>>
>>136056202
Agreed.

WarGreymon outright socking Diablomon in the face was fucking glorious as fuck too.
>>
File: 1405918180882.jpg (50 KB, 461x523) Image search: [Google]
1405918180882.jpg
50 KB, 461x523
It had its problems, but I legitimately almost teared up when Agumon first came out and reunited with Tai. It was downhill from there
>>
>All these ungrateful little shits having shit taste after Adventure was ruined by 02
>Toei is attempting to redeem the bitter taste left in our mouths by 02 and Ryo by giving us something million times better than the quality of 02 and only half the quality of Adventure
>And you fuckers are still ungrateful

What has this world come to?
>>
>>136052142
So by the reaction, I'm guessing this completes the holy trinity of Toei's shitty nostalgia bait along with Sailor Moon and DBS.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.