[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Australia deserved to have a colony dropped on it. Zeon did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 28
File: 4479988-5348289911-28038[1].jpg (85 KB, 560x473) Image search: [Google]
4479988-5348289911-28038[1].jpg
85 KB, 560x473
Australia deserved to have a colony dropped on it.

Zeon did nothing wrong.
>>
Sorry /a/ only cares for Paptimus Scirocco
>>
>>136047691
>target huehue land
>miss by like half the world
>get their ass handed by tanks and planes in earth
>get their ass handed by balls and jims in space
Zeon did everything long
>>
>>136047691
They were space fascists with awful taste on mobile suits, mobile armors, ships and uniforms.
>>
>>136047691
>killing half of the mankind because muh rights
>nothing wrong
Go be exhausted somewhere else.
>>
File: shitty edit.png (501 KB, 456x1146) Image search: [Google]
shitty edit.png
501 KB, 456x1146
>>136047691
Australia did nothing wrong, hell it was just sitting there minding it's own business when zeon dropped a colony on the wrong side of the world
>>
Zeon are heroes for taking out Sydney, aka the land of gun-toting brown people.
>>
File: 1431349022462.png (3 MB, 1377x2439) Image search: [Google]
1431349022462.png
3 MB, 1377x2439
>>
>>136048226
>tanks and planes

That's a funny way of saying that Ray Amuro and Bright Noa fought their way through untold numbers of Zeon mobile suits and bases with only three mobile suits and a prototype warship.
>>
Would you could you with a Usurper?
>>
>>136048277

Taste this shit must be bait.
>>
>>136050598
>the Sides weren't prisons

Poorfags and political undesirables were literally shipped there, though, and if you can't go back to Earth it might as well be a prison. You can't just walk away.
>>
File: latest[1].png (238 KB, 500x401) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
238 KB, 500x401
>>136050769

I could I would in her pooper.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (35 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
35 KB, 640x360
>>136048277
>Liking bland GMs whose design barely varies over stylish samurai nazi mobile suits
>Liking any Federation mobile armor better than Zeon mobile armors
>Liking bland modern fatigues over ridiculous old-style uniforms with wing motifs
>>
>>136050598

I bet a britcuck wrote that.
>>
>>136047691
I'm not sure why, but my instincts are telling me that either a Canadian or a New Zealander made this post
>>
>>136051024
Yes, to all three.
Now die already, you neo-neo-neo-neo-scum
>>
Zekes may be vile, but they had good fashion sense.
>>
File: 1452583611479.png (117 KB, 811x382) Image search: [Google]
1452583611479.png
117 KB, 811x382
>>136048277
Zeon were scum but let's be honest their mechs and uniforms were sexy as fuck.
>>
>>136051652
>>136051780
This, Zeeks are the most /fa/ political body in anime. Char, Haman, and Glemy all saw the intrinsic value of stylish uniforms and mechs. You can't fully appreciate Zeon unless you understand aesthetics.
>>
>>136051963
>You can't fully appreciate Zeon unless you understand aesthetics.
I didn't know I was in a Sekkou Boys thread
>>
>>136051652
Early Zekes, that were all seremonial and Space Prussia-like. As the war went on, Zekes were looking more like nazi bandits from the last days of 2nd world war. And Neo Zekes were looking like some heavy metal fans, not actually soldiers.
>>
File: Judau is one handsome devil.jpg (319 KB, 1024x1289) Image search: [Google]
Judau is one handsome devil.jpg
319 KB, 1024x1289
ZZ best Gundam
>>
>>136050655
White base and Gundam was bait. Zeeks were stupid enough to bite it while their main forces were getting zerg rush by tanks and planes.
>>
>>136052414
Wait, shit, was that really the purpose of White Base? I'm guessing the surprise attack by Char made them push up their plans faster than they wanted which is why they had such a tough time beating them in Africa.
>>
>>136047691
They knew about the kinds of shit that lives in Austrailia. Fire wasn't enough, an orbital strike wasn't enough. You needed a fucking colony drop to get rid of all the horrors of that island.

..and watch, there's this giant blue-ringed, funnel web, box jellyfish just living in that crater waiting to come to the surface.
>>
>>136047691
They weren't aiming at Austrailia though. They were aiming at Jaburo in South America, but the EF chucked a bunch of nukes at it and knocked it off course where it broke up into smaller chunks, spreading a ton of debris over the earth as it fell (Mainly the North American continent) and the largest chunk hit Australia (Which was basically 1/3 to 1/2 of the whole cylinder).
>>
>>136052890
There were lots of Gundam prototypes running around in the OYW, Amuro killing off veterans like Ral and Black Star trio and tying up Char and wasting their prototypes were just a bonus.

Zeon's attack in Fed's HQ was a last ditch effort. They were already pushed back badly in Earth as I recall even before the GMs rolled out. Zeon was really exhausted. It was more of akin to Germany vs US+Russia.
>>
>>136050823
>You can't just walk away.
You're in fucking space.

Moonwalk away.
>>
>>136050823
>Poorfags and political undesirables were literally shipped there

Back when the colonies were first started several generations before the events of 0079. There is no material that suggests it is still in practice. nd Earth is still full of Ghettos.
>>
>>136052890
Why do you think they had them take the long route around the earth rather than heading straight for Jaburo (In the TV series)? They were buying time while the EF finished the GM which just needed the learning computer data by the time white base arrived. Later on when they go back into space the reason the white base doesn't travel with the main fleet until Solomon is because they are using the white base as a distraction while they sneak the main fleet in.
>>
>>136053696
I always had the impression that it was a stalemate after the colony drop and White Base was meant to be the trump card that would turn the tide, what with all the experimental mechs and shit.
>>
>>136050823
By that logic Australia is a prison because it used to be a penal colony and Australians don't have automatic UK citizenship.
>>
>>136053696
>There were lots of Gundam prototypes running around in the OYW

To be fair those all come from later works and 0079 was obviously written as if Amuro's RX-78 was the only surviving prototype.
>>
>>136051024
The RX-78GP03 Dendrobium was quite nice, and it made sense to externalize all the mobile armor equipment while keeping a core Gundam module.
>>
>>136054112
>White Base was meant to be the trump card that would turn the tide

White Base and the Project V mobile suits were test bed machines and proofs of concept for the EFSF's mobile suit development program.

The GM was meant to turn the tide, and it did.
>>
>>136054112
After the colony drop, there was the battle of Loum where an entire side was destroyed in the fighting. After that General Revil is captured, escapes, and gives a speach that encourages the EF to keep fighting (They were on the verge of Surrendering at the time). Zeon ibrought to the negoatiating table and the Antartic treaty was signed which forbade the use of Nukes and colony drops (Which Zeon, specifically M'Quve, broke). So Zeon instead mass drops troops and MS onto Earth to begin the earth campaign. Initially they are very sucessfull, however Zeon can not locate where exactly Jaburo is, and at Odessa the bulk of their ground forces become stalemated with the EFF who are holding the line through sheer numbers while they ready their eventual counter attack.

The purpose of the white base and its MS were to be experimental test beds gathering data to send back to Earth. After the side 7 thing happened, they had it travel back to Jaburo while gathering data and acting as a distraction for Zeon while the EF prepared the counter attack and finished production of the GMs (Which were at that time just waiting for the learning computer data).

The white base and gundam were never meant to be a trump card in combat, they were meant to be a trump card in data. here were actually two other Rx-78-2 as well. Rx-78-1 was the initial test bed and later improvements were made towards the rx-78-2, and rx-78-3 was made simultaneously as the -2 and actually at Jaburo where it was used as the test bed for the magnetic coating.
>>
>>136055359
>here were actually two other Rx-78-2 as well.

And by that I mean other RX-78, not copies of the -2 specifically.
>>
>>136055359
>Amuro "Aim For the Cockpit" Ray is used as the basis of all Federation Mobile Suit learning computer combat data
Nothing feels as good as this!
>>
>>136047691
>Australia deserved to have a colony dropped on it.
It did have an assload of spiders that were just asking to be set aflame.

Though I question how Zeon fucking misses SOUTH FUCKING AMERICA, A FUCKING CONTINENT.

I mean, even if they didn't directly hit Jaburo, the damage to even the southernmost tip of South America would have done an assload of damage, and probably at least earthquake'd Jaburo into an easier target.

Why the shit did they miss?
>>
>>136055429
There were many suits of RX-78 line. It's just that lot of them got destroyed, and only RX-78-2 saw some decent action.
>>
>>136055565
Nukes
>>
>>136047691
Although straya really had that Colony Drop coming, Zeon still did everything wrong.
>>
>>136048277
>awful taste on mobile suits, mobile armors
You fucking take this shit back this instant, you whore.

I'm playing Gundam Breaker 2 and nothing pisses me off more than seeing YET ANOTHER flavor of GM or Gundam Sucksonalotofdick Excelsior.
Did you know that each Gundam gets its own gay little pseudo-samurai helmet? Do you fucking know it's easier to fucking tell the multitude variants of Zaku heads apart easier than fucking homosex Gundams?

They're plain as shit and only Zeon-flavored suits have any interesting looks.
And shit if the Gundam parts aren't better for no goddamn reason other than game balance. I wanted a fucking Zeong wrecking shit, but no, I have to use gay-ass Unicorn parts simply because they make enemy farming so much easier from their stats.
>>
>>136055565
Let's see you de-orbit an O'Neil cylinder while fighting a space battle and have it hit a target, nerd
>>
>>136055076
You know, it would really just make a lot more sense to skip the Gundam part entirely and just put a core fighter in the middle.
Though I guess if we're making fuckhuge mobile armors, sense goes out the airlock.
>>
>>136055359
>Zeon can not locate where exactly Jaburo is
This never made a lot of sense. Bullshit about Minovsky Particles and their killing "modern" electronics and surveillance, was there not a single person who, before Zeon declared independence, worked in the Federation government (as the pre-Zeon Side technically was) enough to know where someplace as important as Jaburo actually was?

I mean, you don't even need complete coordinates. Before the Antarctic Treaty, they could have just covered a lot of South America in nukes.
Zeon wouldn't have given too many shits; they did drop a colony and already use nukes.
>>
File: My sides.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
My sides.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>136055565
>Though I question how Zeon fucking misses SOUTH FUCKING AMERICA, A FUCKING CONTINENT.

They didn't miss. The EF nukes it while it was on route and the biggest chunk of debris (The mostly intact front section of the colony) hit Austrailia.
>>
>>136055830
They were already done.
They already HAD the colony after winning the battle with MS and were just waiting for it to fall (at least the first time). It shows this in the MSV Shin Matsunaga manga.
>>
>>136056005
>>136055635
That makes a lot more sense.

Also: that's a giant lot of bullshit and a giant fucking gaping hole in the plan to drop a colony on Jaburo.

I know we're rationalizing the first series of Gundam, which is essentially trying to make space-psychic-Nazis-in-giant-robots serious, but did nobody in Zeon HQ think the Federation was not going to shoot at the colony?
>>
>>136055693
>you're such a faggot for not being a zeke
Zeon a shit.
Deal with it.
>>
>>136055676
>Zeon still did everything wrong.
That's sort of why they lost. They suddenly became inescapably incompetent and nonsensically feuding after their initial push and conquest of North America.
That, and that Char is a dickbag who doesn't mind collateral lives lost (ostensibly of people who believed in his fathers' vision who worked for the Zabis) in his quest for revenge.
>>
>>136055942
>enough to know where someplace as important as Jaburo actually was?
Jaburo was a hidden EFF base and its exact location was a closely guarded EF secret even before the war. All anyone without the proper clearance knows is that its somewhere in the Amazon. It was made to house the EF leaders, conduct secret research, and the like. It was the place the EF didn't want to be a widely known location.

And Jaburo is deep enough underground that nukes don't reach it. That's why they were going to drop a colony on it instead.
>>
>>136056154
>Zeon a shit.
A lot of the manga say differently. Oddly enough, aside from the totalitarian autocracy and secret police, the Zeon homeland seemed to have been a nice place to live.
The Plot to Assassinate Gihren makes living there look really nice.
>>
>>136056255
That makes fluff sense. I just wish they didn't say "it's so deep that nukes can't hurt Jaburo."
I'm pretty sure Zeon would not care about dropping enough nukes along the Amazon so that it at least did something.

They seem to be the people to do that.
>>
>>136056345
>I just wish they didn't say "it's so deep that nukes can't hurt Jaburo."

We already have places like that though.
>>
>>136056096
>giant fucking gaping hole in the plan to drop a colony on Jaburo

It was always kind of a Hail Mary play though. The difference in material resources was so vast that Zeon basically had no chance of winning a conventional war even with their technological edge. The decapitation strike failed but it still almost broke the morale of the Federation, and even after Revil's speech the threat of dropping colonies was enough to convince the EF to completely take their massive nuclear arsenal completely off the table just to prevent another drop.
>>
>>136056096
The plan was to throw as many colonies as it took to finally hit Jaburo. The only reason they didn't was the EF fleet showed up at side 5 while they were trying to fit engines to colonies and the battle ended up destroying all the colonies at the Side and General Revil was captured which basically killed the EF moral so no more drops were required.
>>
>>136056259
Why should we care, that the lives of Zabi supporters was paradise, when they turned lives of the rest of the mankind into hell?
>>
File: 1389078929397.jpg (44 KB, 500x409) Image search: [Google]
1389078929397.jpg
44 KB, 500x409
>>136056259
>The Plot to Assassinate Gihren makes living there look really nice.

Most of the dissidents were killed off.
>>
>>136056640
Also, it was mostly the main capital colony of side three that was nice. The other colonies weren't as nice and Zeon actually forced an entire colonies worth of their own people out of their homes in order to convert their colony into a weapon.
>>
>>136056396
We generally intend to keep collateral damage to a minimum.

Zeon is fully willing to end a significant portion of humanity and ruin large parts of the Earth to win.

Heck, if they can make MS, they can repurpose their powerful generators into just plain nukes and inundate the Amazon with them to at least besiege Jaburo.
>>
>>136056582
>when they turned lives of the rest of the mankind into hell?
Technically, that was life under the Earth Federation post OYW as well. Mankind really can't get a break in the UC until, like, Afranshia Char, and he was retconned for the Moonlight Butterfly bullshit.
>>
>>136056863
>they can repurpose their powerful generators into just plain nukes and inundate the Amazon with them to at least besiege Jaburo.

Which would have left Jaburo itself unharmed.
>>
>>136056945
A lot of Jaburo is endless caverns and bullshit dug into the bedrock. Making the amazon a nuclear desert leaves it much easier to comb and at least figure out roughly where Jaburo is.

As well, besieging it, particularly with North America under Zeon control, would have made sense in terms of keeping out supplies to make Jaburo any stronger, possibly isolating it entirely from the larger Federation.

Though it's been ages since I watched original Gundam, so I forget if they were already doing such a thing, only without nukes.
>>
File: 1451688621681.jpg (37 KB, 500x706) Image search: [Google]
1451688621681.jpg
37 KB, 500x706
>no Zeon led by Glemy supported by the Zabi siblings (minus Gihren) who survived the war where M'Quve and Gato are his personal attendants and commanders who groom him to be an icon, where there are plenty of Purus and a staple of both Zeon propaganda and their spec ops teams
It hurts t b h
>>
>>136057184
>Char never got over his hateboner for Amuro in order to rule Zeon sensibly
Hurts way more
>>
>>136057184
>there are plenty of Purus
I want a Puru. Actually, was there ever a reason why the Federation didn't start making clones of their own all the time? Like keep a stock of Amuro clones in a basement somewhere?
>>
>>136057152
By the time the white base reaches it, Zeon has already figured out roughly where it is. The issue is that they have no idea where the entrances are since they are hidden in such a way they can't be seen unless they open. Zeons original plan before Char learned about the underground entrance was to literally dig down to it with custom made MS.
>>
File: AfrancheChar.jpg (401 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
AfrancheChar.jpg
401 KB, 1000x750
>>136056898
You're talking about Gaia Gear, right? What exactly is so bad about the Earth Sphere at the time that takes place? All I know about is that it takes place in the far future of the UC and features a guy who's totally not Char fighting against a Federation police organization called the manhunter agency.

Also, he has a cute brown girlfriend who totally isn't Lalah.
>>
>>136057152
>>136056945

Nukes were banned by the antarctic treaty
>>
>>136057239
The psycommu leak from the Sazabi, holy shit.
Though, Gihren's Greed has a little insight to it. When Char tries to recruit Amuro to his Neo Zeon movement in the game, Amuro is one of the people that "understand" him.
Char is too spoiled a little brat to realize that he really liked the creepy, whiny Canadian Japanese ginger kid.
>>
>>136057152
>As well, besieging it, particularly with North America under Zeon control, would have made sense in terms of keeping out supplies to make Jaburo any stronger, possibly isolating it entirely from the larger Federation

It was already fairly isolated and was mostly self sufficient with a large stockpile of supplies. It was the EFs strongest Fortress and made to last.
>>
>>136057239
Char is not sensible, shoo shoo memed out kid
>>
>>136057304
We're discussing Pre-antartic treaty. The treaty was only signed after Zeon dropped a colony and several Sides were destroyed.

And the treaty didn't stop M'Quve anyways.
>>
>>136057304
We're talking pre-Antarctic Treaty, in a theoretical case where they decided to try not dropping colonies in Operation British.
>>
>>136057320
Amuro is the Guts to Char's Griffith. They hate each other, but Char probably wouldn't mind having (cruel and violent) sex.
>>
>>136057550
That's what happens when you kill someone that may have been like a mother to someone else
>>
I'm watching 0079 for the first time right now, up to episode 29.
Maybe the latter episodes and additional material clarify the issue, but as far as I understand it the white base, gundam, guncannon and that horrible thing guntank were prototypes and the federation made white base do that "world tour" once they reached earth to test the machine under different combat situations and to help operation Odessa. The gundam was invaluable, but the thing needed to be tested before reaching Jaburo.
>>
File: zaku snip.jpg (214 KB, 800x556) Image search: [Google]
zaku snip.jpg
214 KB, 800x556
>>136057379
>And the treaty didn't stop M'Quve anyways

Federation ran out of rare vases to hold at gunpoint.
>>
File: stop, don't be a fag.jpg (76 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
stop, don't be a fag.jpg
76 KB, 640x480
>>136057735
>that horrible thing guntank
>>
>>136057735
More or less. The Gundam needs to be fielded in order to give its AI the ability to get combat experience. Without that, the GM series, even with beam weaponry, is largely inferior than even a bog-standard Zaku I.

You have to remember that it takes a lot of computing to get a 100m giant robot operating smoothly just to walk, much less fight and do Newtype bullcrap. Zeon already had the data on how to do this.

The Federation did not. They invented an AI and put it into the Gundam that would gain experience which it would use to make future fights easier and become increasingly more effective.
They needed that for the GM series, or else they'd never be able to defeat Zeon Zakus who already have some good and practiced fighting data installed beyond basic AMBAC.
>>
File: average day for Scirocco.jpg (144 KB, 733x402) Image search: [Google]
average day for Scirocco.jpg
144 KB, 733x402
>>136048122
I wonder who could be behind this post
>>
>>136057938
>Booya
Always funny.
>>
>>136057911
We have to admit the original Guntank looks like a complete play-doh ass.
It's only vaguely saved by the tidied-up appearance of the MP Guntank (anything with "hand-guns" like the Gouf or Zeong are sort of stupid in that respect).

And then the Federation and Zeon just drop tracked MS because anything on tracks post-Dom-invention, they stop making sense.
>>
>>136058027
>We have to admit the original Guntank looks like a complete play-doh ass.

They tried
>>
>>136057911
Sorry but the only thing uglier than the guntank are those retarded alternate tank modes for the gundam.
Why were those invented in the first place, when the gundam can field by itself fine?
Toys?
>>
>>136058083
>Toys?

Congratulations anon, you found out the whole reason this franchise gets funded at all
>>
While we're here, can I ask you guys something about UC Gundam?

Was there ever an interview that explained why the Zeon MS had completely stupid names?
Z'Gok
Hygogg
Acguy
Zaku
Dom
Rick Dom
Gouf
Gelgoog (FUCKING GERUGUGU)

Did they just drop pieces of paper with single katakana written on them into a hat and draw them randomly to get MS names?
>>
>>136057320
>When Char tries to recruit Amuro to his Neo Zeon movement in the game, Amuro is one of the people that "understand" him.

This is just explicitly stating something that's shown in the TV series. The first few arcs of Zeta Gundam have both Amuro and Char grappling with personal problems that no one else around them can help them with, and it's obvious from when they finally meet again after so many years that, even if they don't like each other, they understand each other to an uncomfortably intimate degree.
>>
>>136058027
>>136058083
OG Guntank is great you legfags
>>
>>136058067
The sad thing is that they bothered to give it a jetpack at all.
>>
>>136058129
The Guncannon does everything the Guntank does except for pure range. And it's much more maneuverable too.
In any Gundam game (our cleanest experiential testing), the Guntank is only barely more combat worthy than freaking Balls, and that's because it's an armored MS instead of a space pod with a bazooka on the top. They're only just above standard, non-MS tanks in terms of how easy they are to mash.
>>
>>136058129
Cuntcannon does everything it can do better and can still walk up a steep incline of rock or rubble.

Dom just does the same thing with a slower fire rate from its bazooka, but is also intensely fast and maneuverable AND CAN FUCKING FIGHT IN HAND TO HAND instead of DYING, original prototype Guntank plot armor aside.
>>
>>136058067
They should have given the poor guntank the imperfect Zeong treatment. It looks so sad
>>
File: Guncanno18838753_p0.jpg (142 KB, 600x586) Image search: [Google]
Guncanno18838753_p0.jpg
142 KB, 600x586
>>136058228
>>136058195
Guncannon is dead
>>
>>136047691
Zeon is right, but their manners are wrong.
>>
Tryon 3 could've won the war by itself
>>
>>136058263
>Guncannon is dead
Because it was replaced near-immediately by just giving GMs heavier weaponry. Then entirely by the GM Cannon somewhere in the early UC 0080's.
>>
>>136058313

It's just a ZZ Gundam that has been made to look different.
>>
>>136055487
>Amuro "Aim For the Cockpit" Ray
What a disgusting criminal
>>
>>136058083
>Why were those invented in the first place, when the gundam can field by itself fine? Toys?

Yeah. The G-Bull and G-Armor and whatnot were literally the result of the demands of the toy company sponsoring Gundam that were made as the series was still on-going.

Tomino, who has infamously said something to the effect that toy companies are the biggest enemies of the Gundam franchise, naturally hated the shit out of them. This is why they aren't in the 0079 movie trilogy--he was finally able to get rid of them in favor of the much more palatable Core Booster.
>>
>>136058349
You're underestimating how powerful the ZZ would be if it was in the One Year War.
>>
>>136058373
>toy companies are the biggest enemies of the Gundam franchise

Even though Gundam is literally incapable of sustaining itself without it
>>
File: 32182091_p0.jpg (153 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
32182091_p0.jpg
153 KB, 800x600
>>136058328
>Then entirely by the GM Cannon somewhere in the early UC 0080's.
But were they deemed sexy enough to get the Zeta treatment?
>>
>>136058429
And it's also starting to work itself into a corner from it. The latest MS designs have become increasingly shittier and shittier for anything NOT a Gundam.
They're all Nagano-rejects of waspish waists and ugly, overcomplicated armor on thin twiggy legs unable to support their own weight.

I want my thunder thigh mook MS again. I want to see them fat Dom legs, and massive Gouf Custom bodybuilder legs.
>>
File: fivestarstories.gif (3 MB, 260x151) Image search: [Google]
fivestarstories.gif
3 MB, 260x151
>>136058484
>They're all Nagano-rejects of waspish waists and ugly, overcomplicated armor on thin twiggy legs unable to support their own weight.

Hey fuck you too buddy
>>
>>136058448
No one was saying they weren't sexy-looking (particularly the rather cool MP Guncannon). However, the GM series and later successors of not-Gundams-wearing-goggles really all could do a lot better just by slapping on missile pods and maybe a backpack gun.
>>
>>136058509
Nagano even made his own rather beautiful and ethereal original FSS designs ugly.
Gothicmade made them look horrendously overcomplicated and busy.
>>
>>136055832
The Dendrobium, minus needing to plug a giant robot into it to pilot the thing, is really one of the more (relatively) sensible designs in Gundam.
>>
>>136058558

I never said I was defending Gothicmade. I don't think a person can do that and call themselves sane.
>>
>>136051584
Canadian here and I agree with OP, great instincts.
>>
>>136058509
FSS Mortarheadds work in FSS. They're completely out of place in Gundam.
Though to put it better, since 00, Gundam really has ugly MS that are taking too much influence from, say, Armored Core in how waifish they all are for military machines.
>>
>>136058577
Does that include the external I-field generator that the Neue Ziel shot off?
>>
>>136058648

Are you implying that the FLAG is anything but the sexiest thing alive?
>>
>>136058670
I assume you're talking about the Union Flag.
In which case I'll have to cut you.
>>
File: Gorg is invincible.webm (3 MB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
Gorg is invincible.webm
3 MB, 400x224
>>136058648
>in how waifish they all are for military machines.
So you want something like Giant Gorg?
>>
>>136058714
...Yes, actually. What the hell is that?
It's like if Galactus had a horrible baby with the Zeong and he popped out.
>>
>>136058714
Looks a lot more like a Gundam than nearly every Gundam since 00.
>>
>>136053654
Australia deserved it for being chock full of shitposters, though.
>>
>>136058195
>barely more combat worthy than freaking Balls

The Ball won the war.
>>
>>136058195
>In any Gundam game (our cleanest experiential testing), the Guntank is only barely more combat worthy than freaking Balls

This is a very disingenuous statement if we are going by Gihren's Greed, the grand strategy game that one of the other anons in this thread mentioned, where Guntanks and Balls are literally the most important units that the Federation has.

Standard Guntanks are the first ace unit you can research as the Federation, and a single Guntank is as durable as 3 F-type Zakus and has far more firepower. The Mass-Production Guntank that unlocks for research after finishing research on the standard Guntank is the first MS that's worthy of being produced in huge numbers, and it's more than a match for any Zeon MS until they start churning out Goufs and Doms.

Likewise, the Ball is also an incredible unit. Like the Guntanks, it's available very early on with the right decisions and has excellent range and very good firepower for how cheap it is. A few squads of Balls supported by Magellans can easily fuck up every single ship/MS Zeon will field in space until they start producing lots of High Mobility Zakus and Rick Doms.

By comparison, the Gundams and GMs are fairly unimportant. The Gundams are almost brokenly powerful, but are very expensive and take too long to build and deploy to the front. GMs are better than any Zeon MS that was developed before the Dom and are very cheap to produce, but, if you are playing in an optimal fashion, you get them too late for them to make much of a difference. You usually have them researched by around Turn 24 or 25, when you will typically have already reconquered all of Earth and have just captured A Baoa Qu in space.

TLDR version: Don't knock the Guntank or the Ball.
>>
>>136058800

It's Giant Gorg. It's an anime about an island that rises from an eruption in pacific ocean and a professor, 2 kids, and a sea captain go there to explore it when an organization wants them dead for knowing of the island's existence. There they find Gorg, a sentient (though it doesn't talk or anything) robot that feels compelled to protect them.

It punches a lot of robots to death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSr9MoMdd5w
>>
>>136058714
compared to the Gundam Barbatos? I would suck dick for that to be the style of Gundam again yes.
>>
>>136058558
>implying you have seen Gothicmade
>>
>>136058913
So does Brazil, and it holds the majority of the Amazon and was a likely candidate for a colony drop.
>>
So why dont tanks beat gundams in the original series?
>>
>>136058993
God bless Zeon, they have their fucking priorities in order.
>>
>>136058965
We have Nagano's Machine Messiah concept art, and that's enough. Far too much, even.
>>
>>136059025
Because they don't even come up to their shins.
>>
>>136058947
Gundam has never looked like Gorg though. Gorg looks like something Tomino would have directed in the 70s during his Super Robot days
>>
>>136058941
>It punches a lot of robots to death.
This is all I ever really wanted from Gundam but no we have pseudo-political angst about war in giant robots.
>>
>>136058429
What Tomino was specifically criticizing was how their demands would interfere with the production of the show. The reason you have things like a windmill Gundam in G Gundam or the retarded suicide MS spam in 00 is specifically because the toy company that now owns the franchise told the animation studio that the inclusion of such elements was non-negotiable.
>>
>>136059025
In Zeonic Front, they were an annoying and deadly enemy that could 1-hit KO your Zaku II if you weren't paying attention to your radar.

In any game or manga or anime with MS that could actually jump and move like they should, the tanks have deadly weaponry, but akin to how a pistol shot is deadly to a human.
>it certainly is deadly, but unless it hits a vital, you're probably going to live long enough to get help
>>
>>136059092
At least in G Gundam they had fun with the goofiness.
>>
>>136059052
Gorg's body (ignoring the head entirely) is very reminiscent of heavier MS like the Dom or Gelgoog, slightly of the Kampfer (though that could just be purely due to the coloring). It is very heavyset and powerful-torso'd.
>>
>>136059092
>The reason you have things like a windmill Gundam in G Gundam

Actually that was Imagawa's idea.

Read his interviews the G-Files for the show where he talks in-depth about every episode. He had far more creative control than you think.
>>
>>136059121
G Gundam was a Gundam that wasn't supposed to be. It traded real robot Gundam for super robot hand-to-hand gimmick fights of the week.
>>
>>136059129

Except it has no cockpit. Yu just sits on top of the head and yells what he wants it to do and Gorg does it, since Gorg can think for itself.
>>
>>136059179
And every once in a while, that's okay.
>>
>>136059107
Why? Tanks should be able to mount much heavier weaponry than gundams can.
>>
>>136059179
>G Gundam was a Gundam that wasn't supposed to be.

Not true, that was something Sunrise specifically asked Imagawa to do with the show, to capitalize on the popularity of stuff like Saint Seiya (which is where Hyper Mode going golden came from, though that was Imagawa's idea)
>>
>>136059025
Because the Gundam is made out of Luna Titanium and literally laughs off damage from anything that isn't either a beam weapon, melee weapon like the Gouf's heat rod, or a 320mm Bazooka.

If you watch any of the other series where tanks are engaging mobile suits, like IGLOO, you will see that the tanks can fight evenly with MS and even have an upper-hand on them with appropriate operational planning.
>>
>>136058936
Gihren's Greed gets special consideration in this case. On a strategic level and if you can spam them in mobs/stacks, they're good units.

As individual MS on the battlefield, any of the other action (arguably "tactical" considering Gundam being a person-shaped-giant-tank simulator) Gundam games have them as the stationary/slow whipping mooks that make even Zakus pity their death rate.
>>
>>136058658
I was mostly taking a stab at arms and legs in space. If you ignore the Stamen, Dendrobium Orchis is more or less just a bunch of weapons mounted on a bunch of thrusters.
>>
>>136059233
so why not mount the same armor on the tanks and use 320mm bazookas on them.
>>
File: giant-gorg-02.jpg (51 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
giant-gorg-02.jpg
51 KB, 400x400
>>136059129

It's not as bulky as you think
>>
>>136059204
That's if we're using real-world physics.

In Gundamland (specifically UC), mobile suits are not only much larger and stronger than equivalently-sized tanks, but also far more maneuverable.
Zeon made a prototype mobile suit-sized tank called the HIdolfr, but it was just too slow to be of much use. The Guntank is barely any better, and only because it has far better firepower at the cost of being smaller and less like a "tank" and more like "an MS upper body put on treads".
>>
>>136058936
is that game translated
>>
>>136059336
Still not complaining.
That's a healthy weight for giant robots. Modern Gundam MS are just too skinny and reflect unrealistic standards of military ability.

Big robots are beautiful too.
>>
>>136059345
so what physics property allows them to make gundams that can mount more armor and firepower than tanks?
>>
>>136059383

Well if you want to check it out it's only 26 episodes and has been all subbed.

Just be warned that Gorg himself doesn't appear until episode 4, and Gorg is less of a character as it is a problem-solver when it's a situation too big for the humans.
>>
>>136059349
No, and it never will be. You're going to have to settle for watching playthroughs on Youtube, as I did.

Also, we're probably not missing much. It looks like a shitty game. It seems to be very "on the rails" in terms of how much you can change history. It IS fun to see how the OYW would have progressed had Zeon won, but beyond that campaign, it gets a lot more contrived and less interesting (as in the Zeon campaign, there's a lot of original MS variants of mook MS, but in later-UC-timeline campaigns, variations just plain die out).
>>
>>136059349
No, there's a wiki and some guides to getting around the menus but that's about it.

Also there's like four games.
>>
>>136059386
1. By nature of Gundam being a show about giant robots, not tanks.
2. Minovsky Particle bullshit which forces more or less any and all combat to occur at WWII battleship fighting distance at best with "long range" weapons.
3. The Minovsky particle reactor thingamajig that's too big for standard tanks, but works well enough for the large mobile suit.

That same reactor gives enough energy to power a mobile suit to fight and maneuver well, and also have limited thrust ability while carrying extremely heavy armor (compared to tanks) and also high-powered weaponry (compared to tanks).

Essentially, it's just that they have magic power sources that are conveniently too big for tanks, and if you scale up a tank to the size necessary, they're too big and slow compared to a more nimble and versatile MS (which can already carry a bazooka or even a beam weapon).
>>
>>136059539
You also have to remember that MS, starting with the Zaku I, were originally designed by Zeonic as construction vehicles for the colonies.
They had maneuverability as a main consideration, since they were from the get-go made as space-operating vehicles.
The fact that they worked pretty well on land when it got militarized into the Zaku and beyond was just icing on the cake.
You can't do the same with a tank.
>>
>Discussing the physics, feasibility, economics and war usefulness of giant robots

Fucking nerds.
>>
>>136059637
We're on 4chan. What are you here for?
>>
>>136059319
Because Zeon doesn't have Luna Titanium, because the 320mm bazooka is as big as a standard Federation Type 61 battle tank, and--most importantly--because the Gundam is a fucking anomaly.

The main cannon on the Magella Attack Tank is quite powerful and can already either one-shot or incapacitate anything that isn't a Gundam, Guncannon, Guntank, or warship on a direct hit.

>>136059349
No. It doesn't require that you know Japanese to play it though once you get the hang of the menus and if you know what the different MS are.

Here's what the game is like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFWXV3nUi3g

This guy really sucks at the game though. He doesn't even have all of Western Europe reconquered on Turn 15, when he should already have ~70% of the Earth under his control.
>>
>>136059386
>so what physics property allows them to make gundams that can mount more armor and firepower than tanks?

Rule of cool. None of the excuses they come up with for why giant robots make sense actually work if you think about it too hard.

There is no practical reason that the technologies that make MS work couldn't be put to even better use on tanks or space fighters.
>>
>>136059667
>This guy really sucks at the game though.
That's the guy I watched. He also won't fucking shut up and get on with stuff.
Well, silver lining is at least he does complete playthroughs showing you what playing Gihren's Greed really is like.
>it's sitting around for dozens of turns gathering resources and research, building MS, then launching a massive strategic fuck-you-I-win campaign ad infinitum
Granted, that's how war ideally works, but it's not fun gameplay.
>>
File: 1452607500778.png (708 KB, 1007x569) Image search: [Google]
1452607500778.png
708 KB, 1007x569
>NSW
Who cares. Worst part of Australia.
They even got wiped out in IBO's world.
>>
>>136059766

You realize everything in 500 km was destroyed, right?
>>
>>136059766
>They even got wiped out in IBO's world.
That's not saying much. Gundam has reached a point where only gunpla and diehard fans are sustaining it, with the odd fujoshi yen here and there. They just can't stop self-referencing (read:repeating shit they've already done) themselves in order to keep themselves relevant with the fanbase (much like Star Wars Force Awakens).
>>
>>136059805

They tried to appeal to kids and get a new audience with AGE, but boy was that show forgettable.
>>
>>136059667
>the Gundam is a fucking anomaly
In hindsight, was it ever really "just" the gundam?
Even with hits fucktasticly broken beam weaponry and then its combat learning computer, a lot of the shit it does is due to Amuro being a Newtype.

His Newtype abilities give the learning computer data that empowers the GMs to be slightly-Newtype in reaction and fighting ability from then on. Those same abilities ensure the Gundam fights well and takes very little direct hits against its already strong armor.

If Amuro wasn't the Gundam pilot, would the OYW still have been won with the iconic Gundam and GM series?
>>
>>136059469
>It seems to be very "on the rails" in terms of how much you can change history.

This is untrue. Some of the later games in the series added full campaigns for the Titans, AEUG, and Axis, and there are a massive number of possible event branches that can potentially see awesome things happen like Judau joining forces with Haman or Char staying with the AEUG instead of going on to start his own Neo-Zeon faction ala CCA.

Furthermore, it puts you in complete control of both the strategy and tactics sides of the war, meaning that you can do anything from trying to play as efficiently as possible and winning at the earliest possible juncture to goofy shit like crushing the Federation by mass-producing the Zakrello and Big Zam.

It also gives you the unique opportunity of seeing how MS from different series/eras match up against each other. I can't think of any other game that let me take on the main force of the Delaz Fleet with a squad of aces in RX-78-2s.

As such, and perhaps this is just me speaking as a wargaming enthusiast who also happens to really like Gundam, I think it's the best single player Gundam game/series that has ever been made. That being said, given its competition, I guess that's not exactly saying too much.
>>
>>136059857
They can't seem to understand what they're doing wrong at Sunrise but keep trying hard to outdo themselves with each further iteration of Gundam.
>annoying main character pilots with emotional chips on their shoulders
>horrendous plots about pseudo-pacifism at the other end of a giant murder robots magic laser gun
>uglier and uglier MS
>busier and busier MS with more and more stupid gimmicks
>repeating over-repeated references to a show decades old and lampooned for being shitttily drawn due to its low budget
>>
>>136059951
It seems largely lost on me due to that guy on youtube playing it, and that my knowledge of kanji severely would inhibit me from playing it properly.

I can get through Gundam Breaker 1+2 fine; simple stuff.
But I can't handle the difficulty required to truly enjoy Gihren's Greed without being irked at every step of the way I'm missing small plot details that let me see how my Zeon is crushing the puny earthenoids.
>>
>>136059985
>annoying main character pilots with emotional chips on their shoulders

You're forgetting that Japan loves that shit
>>
>>136059905
>If Amuro wasn't the Gundam pilot, would the OYW still have been won with the iconic Gundam and GM series?

Yes, but it probably would have taken longer. The GM was what they had that was most ready for mass production for general use, that wouldn't have changed even if they hadn't gotten the combat data from the Gundam.

It was industrial capacity and population that really determined the outcome of the war.
>>
>>136060090
>You're forgetting that Japan loves that shit
I'm largely coming to the conclusion that after years of seasonal tripe anime, it's less that they like it and moreso that they can't escape it because they won't break the mold and make characters that don't have needlessly tragic pasts that wound their souls and hearts irreparably.

Sometimes I yearn for the autism of the Wing boys.
Those plucky douchebags didn't give a shit about much anything, and did stuff largely because it made sense in their crazy 14-year old heads at the time.
>>
>>136060133
>It was industrial capacity and population that really determined the outcome of the war.
Just like real life
>>
>>136060133
But what about newtype ghosts and shennigans in CCA and Unicorn?
>>
>>136059951
>It also gives you the unique opportunity of seeing how MS from different series/eras match up against each other.
>I can't think of any other game that let me take on the main force of the Delaz Fleet with a squad of aces in RX-78-2s.
How DOES that work out?

It doesn't sound like it would be fun.

Going by fluff and not game mechanics:
The RX-78-2 has a measly 16-shot rifle that needs to be brought back to the ship to recharge, and Zeon has largely caught up to the vanilla RX-78-2 with the Gelgoog in terms of abilities. By the time of the Delaz fleet, most beam-capable MS have not only e-cap-using beam weapons, but also using Gelgoog technology in that they're also powered by the reactor once the e-cap runs out.
>>
>>136059749
>it's sitting around for dozens of turns gathering resources and research, building MS, then launching a massive strategic fuck-you-I-win campaign ad infinitum

That's precisely why he sucks at the game and also why I guess you found his playthrough so boring to watch.

The way you are supposed to play as Zeon is to capitalize on your tech advantage and the fact that you control all of the re-entry points around Earth is not by concentrating all of your forces at Odessa but by blitzing all of the special areas right from the get-go in a certain sequence.

If you are playing the game correctly, you will have captured Odessa by Turn 2 at the latest, captured New York and California by Turn 4 at the latest, and captured Kilimanjaro in Africa by Turn 6 at the latest. The whole time, you will be massively outnumbered by even just initial garrisons the Federation has, and, due to how short you are on resources, this will only become more severe as you venture out from the places where you initially dropped to grab as much land as you can before the Feds start fielding MS as well.

You're forced to stretch yourself incredibly thin and are rarely ever facing odds better than 3:1 locally, and you wind up needing to use a combination of hit-and-run, interdiction, and small teams of highly mobile elite units acting as your main striking arm against bases, but the payoff is that you will smash the Federation on Earth very quickly (inside of 20 turns) and do it in a satisfying and skillful fashion.

The whole

>Imma stick on the defense and only make pushes when they are big pushes durrr

thing is pretty much the dumbest thing you can do as Zeon. It's not even a good strategy as a Fed, but that's a different matter.
>>
>>136059539
so why can a gundam with the same reactor (and much larger overall size) move much faster than a tank scaled up to the same size?
>>
>>136060236
>But what about newtype ghosts and shennigans in CCA and Unicorn?

They have no effect on the outcome of the OYW because time flows forwards.
>>
>>136060193
>Just like real life

Pretty much, I mean it's intentionally drawing on Germany/Russia and Japan/US
>>
Holy fuck, this whole thread was engrossing. Should I pick up those newfangled Gundam books to start off or no?
>>
>>136058106
>Zaku
>Stupid name
>>
>>136060537
Which books? Because the novels and manga are different from the original animated series.
>>
>>136060537
>>136060630
Also, almost none of this early-war stuff is discussed much in the original series, its mostly from side material.
>>
>>136060630
>>136060668

http://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Suit-Gundam-Origin-Activation/dp/193565487X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1452669122&sr=1-1&keywords=mobile+suit+gundam
>>
>>136060261
>>136060261
>How DOES that work out?

Better than you might expect.

The RX-78-2, while no longer top-tier by the time you get to the Delaz Fleet events, is still a pretty good machine statistically and, when piloted by good aces, a squad of them can handle all of the Delaz Fleet's normal MS without too many problems.

Something you also forgot in your assessment is that the Delaz Fleet is using mostly old MS. The majority of their force is Zaku F2s that are not beam capable, with a handful of Rick Dom IIs and the Cima Fleet's 30 Gelgoog Marines. Neither the Rick Doms or the Gelgoog Marines use beam weaponry due to the Delaz Fleet not having the capacity to produce or maintain beam weaponry.

Going back to Gihren's Greed though, what makes the standard RX-78-2 singularly useful against the Delaz Fleet is that it has the option to change out its beam rifle for a Hyper Bazooka. Until you get the GP-03, it is the only ace unit you have that has both a ranged weapon that can bypass I-fields as well as good melee damage. Without having some Gundams around, stopping the Neue Ziel's rampage (Gato starts in one, and it is as ridiculously powerful as you would expect) is far more difficult and costly.
>>
>>136059782
Still doesn't affect the other states.
>>
>>136060710
Origin is a great series, but it tweaks the setting, events, and characters as well as adding a lot of background. Its a sort of alternate version of the original series.
>>
>>136058714
Can I have something similar to a Megadeus please? That's what I want from a giant robot.
>>
>>136060853
Go watch Power Rangers then.
>>
>>136059805
You forgot the part wheee it works and gundam is one of their most profitable licenses. And its been sustained primarily by gunpla money since the very first series.
>>
>>136060942
Where*
Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.