[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the odds that Trigun will get a proper adaptation.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9
File: TrigunMaximumv01Cover.jpg (25 KB, 229x320) Image search: [Google]
TrigunMaximumv01Cover.jpg
25 KB, 229x320
What are the odds that Trigun will get a proper adaptation.

what manga do you wish would get adapted but never will?
>>
File: Trigun Maximum v01 c04 136-137.jpg (402 KB, 1570x1100) Image search: [Google]
Trigun Maximum v01 c04 136-137.jpg
402 KB, 1570x1100
>>
>>136045719
>what manga do you wish would get adapted but never will?

Ranma 1/2, it's just too obscure.
>>
Triguns's adaptation was pretty damn good I thought. I have a hard time following the manga it just seems like a bunch of disconnected scenes with no direct continuity.
>>
>>136045719
bump
>>
File: Drifting Classroom.jpg (245 KB, 1456x1040) Image search: [Google]
Drifting Classroom.jpg
245 KB, 1456x1040
>>136045719

Trigun the anime did a good job of doing a similar but condensed story but I'd love to see a faithful adaptation rather than an abridged one.

I'd like to see Drifting Classroom receive a three cour series by Sunrise or Madhouse or maybe a Blazing Transfer Student remake by Trigger or Gainax.
>>
File: Darsh.png (932 KB, 1264x938) Image search: [Google]
Darsh.png
932 KB, 1264x938
>>136045719
Bastard!! Hopefully then the faggot would continue the story.
>>
>>136048431

I'd love to see a Bastard remake.
>>
File: NEVER EVER.jpg (57 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
NEVER EVER.jpg
57 KB, 640x640
>tfw there will never be a good adaptation
>tfw it ended 10 years ago
True suffering
>>
>>136045719
Gakkou Gurashi
>>
>>136045719

hopefully never, Trigun is one of the very few istances where the anime is actually better than the manga, as >>136046587 points out too
>>
>>136046587
>>136049043
I've read the manga too, and while some bits were interesting, I thought the anime actually handled a lot of key themes in the series much more cleanly. I honestly wouldn't want an adaptation of the manga since it tends to be a clusterfuck of interesting ideas executed terribly.

So yeah, while not the best, the Trigun anime did its job well enough that I don't think it warrants a manga-based remake.
>>
>>136049165

i liked that in the end of the anime the conflict remained only between Vash and Knives, not that clusterfuck that was the final battle in the manga...
>>
>>136049043

Anyone else have a difficult time telling what was happening in the action scenes in the manga?
>>
I am still shocked that people have a hard time following the manga.

It was never that complex for me.

Also trigun is only relevant in the west really, Nightrow is a literal who in japan
>>
File: takemitsu-zamurai-v04-p024.png (402 KB, 900x1212) Image search: [Google]
takemitsu-zamurai-v04-p024.png
402 KB, 900x1212
Takemitsu Zamurai, but I don't think anyone could do it justice.
>>
>>136049412

yep, i read that years ago. But it still bugs me that there was a clash between Legato and Vash that was suddenly interrupted for no fucking reason (and i don't mean the story focussed on something else, while they were supposedly still fighting, they actually just stopped giving a fuck and walked away)

>>136049535

it's not hard for the story, but for how is drawed and paneled the entire final fight
>>
>>136045719
rEMAKE OR NEW SEASON WHEN
>>
>>136049567
Well to be the fair the final fight (Vash vs Knives is what you are referring to)
If just a space ship getting fucked and them flipping through space

So I see where you are coming from their
>>
File: Tokyo.BABYLON.full.426834.jpg (3 MB, 2525x2600) Image search: [Google]
Tokyo.BABYLON.full.426834.jpg
3 MB, 2525x2600
Tokyo Babylon. Want something that actually follows the manga.
>>
>>136049342
>not that clusterfuck that was the final battle in the manga...

That kind of pissed me off in the manga because it made the fight seem far more globally broadcasted where even the humans are miraculously working together to fight off Knives (as if they wouldn't, when he outright plans to take every resource on the planet for himself).

It's honestly why I prefer the more personalized and "quiet" take on Vash's struggle against Knives in the anime. You know they have the power to just destroy the humans on the planet, which is why the moralistic struggle is so key to their conflict where only the two of them can truly settle it.
>>
Katsu!

I mean. Come on. Isn't Adachi really fucking popular?

Are there other non-Ippo boxing anime?
>>
>>136049637

no, with final battle i was referring to the several "battles" that take place when the end is near, like Laszlo vs whoever, 1* Vash vs Legato, 2* Vash vs Legato, that tranny numbered 13 vs whoever, that plant chick from Earth vs Knives and finally Vash vs Knives.

Those entire sequences of fights are all badly paced and "managed" (can't explain that in english) and set badly into panels, resulting in a reading much more difficult imho
>>
>>136049880
Those honestly have to do with the bad scanning.

I don't know where the image is but Darkhorse released the manga in murcia.

The scanned fan translation was way to bright and missed fucking pages
>>
>>136049412
You are not alone. Not even close.
>>
>>136049779
Ashita no Joe
>>
Trigun kinda sucks at the end in the manga op

the anime is better even if it totally squanders the gung ho guns
>>
I can't stand the anime of Trigun, because it totally makes Vash look like an idiot who's afraid to ever HURT anyone, much less kill them.

like nigga you can shoot a dude in a non-lethal spot to take him down, this happens all the time in the manga, but because it's never ever addressed as a possibility in the anime, it makes Vash lose all credibility. I also thought the manga was more intense, and had a more satisfying conclusion.
>>
>>136050345
>the anime is better even if it totally squanders the gung ho guns

This.

I can live with the Gung-Ho Guns being downplayed in the anime over how the manga handled the rest of the story.
>>
>>136050511
>like nigga you can shoot a dude in a non-lethal spot to take him down, this happens all the time in the manga, but because it's never ever addressed as a possibility in the anime

Have you even watched the anime? He does this a lot and the only times he didn't it's either the enemy proved too evasive, he's injured/in a really desperate state.
>>
>>136050583
of course I watched it. Every single mexican standoff (which happens once an episode) ends with Vash just putting down his gun because he cannot use his superhuman reflexes to shoot the enemy's gun out of their hand before they even pull the trigger. Or shoot a leg, or whatever.

The one with the little kid was the fucking worst for it, Wolfwood had to step in and shoot him because Vash was too retarded.

Manga vash would've kneecapped the bitch.
>>
>>136050652
>Every single mexican standoff (which happens once an episode) ends with Vash just putting down his gun because he cannot use his superhuman reflexes to shoot the enemy's gun out of their hand before they even pull the trigger. Or shoot a leg, or whatever.

Clearly you haven't then if this is what you really think. He does this lot, like almost every fight (it's even how he finishes off Knives for crying out loud), and the few times he didn't it's because the circumstances put everything on a standstill and it would've risked other people's lives.
>>
File: cover.jpg (21 KB, 200x284) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
21 KB, 200x284
I don't think any studio could do it justice though.
>>
Angel densetsu.
>>
>>136051476

It got a Korean drama.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_Cuq-8dp94
>>
shaman king
>>
File: 40f.jpg (122 KB, 600x941) Image search: [Google]
40f.jpg
122 KB, 600x941
>>
>>136051868
So does he actually go an befriend more spirits or just the Samurai and then the rest of the manga is just a giant tournament arch?
>>
>>136051996
volumes 1-9 is basically the first arc
amidamaru is his only spirit i thin but his oversoul evolves
volumes 10-20 I think are the tournament arc
21-24 is some weird flashback/journey through hell
after that the tournament resumes but it becomes secondary to all the backstabbing and betrayal shit
series ends with literal friendship, peace and love shit with the ultimate message being "fighting is wrong"
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.