[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do I need to see SoulTaker before watching this? I've heard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1107.jpg (33 KB, 245x350) Image search: [Google]
1107.jpg
33 KB, 245x350
Do I need to see SoulTaker before watching this? I've heard it wasn't so great, but if Komugi references it often enough then I'll watch it first.
>>
>>136041027
it would help. Soultaker is pretty good either way.
>>
>>136041620
Don't lie
Soultaker is a piece of shit. I tried to watch it twice annd the two times I had to drop it because I feel asleep because I couldn't follow what was going on. The screen was too dark to make out who was doing what at most moments
>>
>>136043473
>The screen was too dark to make out who was doing what at most moments
That's your fucking problem. SoulTaker is basically the practice run for Shinbo's later style, go hunt a good quality copy and watch it again, visuals and direction are its strongest part by a mile.

The story is pretty shit though but it doesn't matter.
>>136041027
>I heard it's great
It isn't. Komugi is great, but she's only great in her parts of SoulTaker.
>>
>>136044084
>good quality copy
Please you tell me what. The only living torrents I could find were at Bakabt and they're both shit (or maybe both times I tried the same one, I dunno)
And I'm not gonna buy no DVDs
I've seen later Shinbo shows (Like some Monogatari) and I didn't have the fucking problem I had with Soultaker. Too much darkness to see what's going on most of the time)
Sorry, shinbofag, but I can't say a show has good visuals and direction if I need to repeat an scene like 2 or 3 times to get a faint idea of what the fuck happened
>>
>>136043473
SoulTaker isn't bad, per say, just very unpolished and lacks focus. If it ever gotten a modern remake with a new Jam Project OP, less 'artistic' imagery, a tighter story and some shounen upgrades to his transformation, it would become a hit. I mean, it has a twin sister end, how can it not?
>>
>>136044250
I just want a version where I can tell what the fuck is going on at all times without having to repeat scenes because I fall asleep because I don't know what's going on
>>
>>136044320
You really can't. This was basically, like the other anon said, a prototype. He didn't know what to make so he just threw all his ideas into this. I got thru my viewing by not thinking too hard about it.
>>
>>136044250
>I mean, it has a twin sister end, how can it not?

Don't remind me if that, while the plot was incredibly confusing sometimes, that ending legitimately hurt me. Poor Kyosuke.
>>
>>136044451
It's not even thinking too hard
It's not being able to view what animation there is.Or how the characters even look. Hell, I don't think I was ever able to make up what the transformed MC looked like outside of the OP, or what his finisher looked like for that matter
I'd say even Divine Gate and PSO2 are better.
Because at least you can SEE what's going on on those shows.
I couldn't even SEE most of the time what was going on in Soultaker
>>
>>136044570
But it is a happy ending. His sister will eventually come out when she's ready and his two friends are now heading out to look for him. And the flickers are back in the world again, so at least four of them might be looking for him as well.
>>
>>136044585
It honestly becomes less 'artistic' as the series progresses. And you can see what he looks like inside while transformed during the OP. Still weird looking, but you can make things out.
>>
>>136044657

Oh, I didn't remember the Flickers were back, and it still ended that he had to kill his father. He was so wrecked at the end he had to get something.
>>
>>136045077
Eh, his father wasn't there for most of his life, so it didn't hurt as much. His mother on the other hand, now that was just brutal. I honestly didn't mind if he had chosen to fuck the Earth over for his sister's sake. Poor kid earned that bit of happiness and she really did love him.
>>
>>136041027
Why wouldn't you want to watch Shinbo's finest work?
>>
>>136044730
I was 4 episodes in during my latest attempt before I gave up because I couldn't see shit
I watch anime to see animated stuff, damnit
Else I would stare at abstract paintings
>>
>>136046150
Not sure what else I can say, this isn't really your normal anime. But, in the end, it's not what I would call 'good', but it's also not bad as well. You really don't need to watch it all the way through other than for completion's sake. As I said before, this show could really use a modern remake to fix up all of the annoying aspects of the original such as the weird abstract painting style.
>>
>>136044241
Monogatari is not a Shinbo show you twat.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.