[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there an anime or manga that was able to keep powerlevels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5
File: Yusuke.jpg (46 KB, 500x257) Image search: [Google]
Yusuke.jpg
46 KB, 500x257
Is there an anime or manga that was able to keep powerlevels consistent once they became able to cause wide scale destruction? We all know DBZ was the most inconsistent mess ever and Super even more so. I think YYH managed to keep it all together till the very end.
>>
Naruto
>>
>>136027691
Are you kidding?
>>
>>136027656
>I think YYH managed to keep it all together till the very end.
Do you even remember what happened at the end of Yu Yu Hakusho? Fucking Rinku of all people became an S Class demon. Hiei slaughtered A Class demons by the hundreds. It went full retard.
>>
File: file.png (89 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
file.png
89 KB, 200x200
>>136027656
it used to before yusuke became a super sayian 5
>>
>>136028106
You're right. I would say HXH is a better example but it isn't complete yet.
>>
>>136027656
YYHfags confirmed for delusional faggots.
>>
>>136027656
>Inconsistent

I don't think you know what that means. Retard.

And I doubt the anime based on the Wukong, the monkey that can jump through the universe and destroy galaxies by farting is unexpected to have high powerlevels.
>>
>>136027691

Hahaha gr8t bait friend-o.

>Naruto
>Consistent

The manga that ran out of ideas midway decided to put in an even lazier version of the Dragon Ball. Characters die and are reborn/brought back. Naruto goes from berty good ninja to a literal god in a span of a couple of months. Nearly 200 chapters spent on 'Zombie Rehash War' arc. Where characters that where established as entry level ninja's are suddenly retcon into uber strong Ninja masters (see Zabuza&boipussy boyfriend). War extends into a back and forth distribution of power between the two "bad guys" which are eventually beaten by the asspull of the century bunny mama. Ending with the disappointing and eventual confrontation between two repressed homosexuals lusting for one another's buttholes.

Yeah Naruto. Top kek.

OT: If we ignore most of the final arc History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi was fairly consistent with power levels.
>>
>>136027656
Dragon Ball.
>>
File: 01.jpg (125 KB, 671x1100) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
125 KB, 671x1100
>>136028957
>Where characters that where established as entry level ninja's are suddenly retcon into uber strong Ninja masters (see Zabuza&boipussy boyfriend

>Zabuza and Haku
>Entry level
Are you fucking retarded? And they weren't retconned into anything, they were just immortal and with infinite Chakra, but everything else was the same.

Also pic relaed is naruto's first page.

Now fuck off.
>>
>>136028957
I stopped reading like midway. The last thing I remember was the Miu retrival arc. Might pick up again.
>>
>>136029115

Zabuza was hyped up like mad during the zombie arc. Regardless of his infinite chakra. He was entry level back when he was beaten. Suddenly he became the biggest challenge out of the 7 swordsmen of the mist. Even though he wasn't suppose to be the strongest. Haku was genin level with an OP chakra type. That's about it.

Don't know why you posted pic related. I wasn't refering to him mastering the fox. I was referring to him suddenly being able to use all the tailed beasts and hold a shit load of chakra and also being conveniently related to the Sage of Six paths and able to use some of his abilities.

Not really blaming Kishi for making his character a Gary Stu. It's not as bad as Ichigo.
>>
>>136029195

I think it's worth reading all the way if you already started. It's probably a lot more enjoyable if you read it all in one sitting. That said, it starts to go downhill after Sasuke kills Itachi.
>>
Fullmetal Alchemist by far
>>
>>136027656
I love YYH but even I thought it was getting ridiculous by the end. It was fine during the Dark Tournament and Chapter Black arc, but the introduction to the letter ranking in the latter was stupid and the power levels got worse when Sensui revealed his secret "Sacred Energy" (he was fine in his Minoru personality which simply relied on pure skill).

YYH just managed to stop before overstaying its welcome and that's what made it tolerable compared to DBZ.
>>
>>136027656
Gash bell
>>
>>136027656
One Piece, duh.
>>
Definitely One Piece
>>
>>136028161
I lol'd
>>
>>136030167
I don't know what was worse, Sacred Energy or "Yuusuke's a Demon!"
I love YYH, but fuck if those two don't piss me the fuck off.
>>
>>136028957
>History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi was fairly consistent with power levels
Then how the fuck did a Legendary Master who was said to be on pair with Hayato lose to a Grand Master?
>>
aren't there any mecha series that should be able to do this?
>>
>>136029565
He's talking about Kenichi you goddamned autist.
>>
>>136030116
>Fullmetal Alchemist
>widescale destruction
Pick one. Kimblee and Roy don't count since they're considered broken outliers in their own verse.
>>
>>136030359
>>136030359
>>136030474
are you idiots?
one piece has no consistency
back in sky island arc, luffy vs'd one of the most op Devil fruit charactars - enel. he had the ability to use haki (mantra) they called it. haki was seen as uber strong, op shit. fastforward to present, and everyone can use it suddenly. luffy even uses it to beast weak as shit.
also, luffy fought a shichibukai (who are supposed to be op) at alabasta and defeated him. this was early on when luffy didnt have any gears. fastforward where we see him fight other shichibukais, and they are fuggin op as heck.
there is no consistency
>>
File: ide.jpg (11 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
ide.jpg
11 KB, 259x194
>>136030591
>it takes 40 years to achieve
>he did in 6 because he has 7 personalities
>>
>>136030359
>>136030474
>>136031838
>Luffy beats Crocodile in Alabasta
>Croc holds his own against Mihawk, Doflamingo and Akainu in Marinefold, for all of whom Luffy was a bug
Constistency indeed.
>>
>>136031584
My bad, I forgot the widescale destruction part
>>
Jojo
>>
>>136031584
>Father
>>
>>136027656
Hunter x Hunter
>>
>>136032204
>by far the most powerful character in the series leagues above everyone else
>consistent powerlevel
It's like you wanted to look like a retard. Read the OP before posting.
>>
>>136031949
Nice facdbook image
>>
>>136032412
Nice faggotry.
>>
Bleach
>>
>>136032555
>Some people actually believe this.
>>
>>136032602
But its true

And everything adds up
>>
The only times in Dragon Ball I would say power levels were inconsistent is when Piccolo trained on Kaio's planet and Vegeta's last two Zenkai.

Piccolo went from like 3,000 to over 42,000 in a bit over a month, and he was only with Kaio for about 6 days. Even with him working really hard and being trained by Kaio it seems like a stretch.

Vegeta's last two Zenkai were absurdly huge. He went from about 30,000 to about 500,000 then to several million. They completely dwarf the Zenkai that happened earlier. The best explanation is that the effectiveness of Zenkai boosts massively accelerates as you approach becoming Super Saiyan. I don't really have a problem with them like some people do.
>>
>>136032868
>Roshi blowing up a moon while King Piccolo was a citybuster
>Vegeta planetbusting when freaking Recoome ultimate attack was a multi-mountain buster
>Frieza at 50% power fails to blow up a planet
Nah, DBZ was full of bullshit.
>>
>>136032555
>>136032602
>>136032674
Bleach doesn't have power levels, only reiatsu is linear, everything else is just various applications of reiatsu and reishi
>>
>>136032868
what about that time fucking Chaozu and Yamcha progressed faster in 1 year with God than Goku in 3 years with God?
>>
>no one has said Ruroini Kenshin
>>
File: 1449469760974.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1180) Image search: [Google]
1449469760974.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1180
Kill la Kill was pretty good about this, if I remember right.

Would TTGL count considering the theme of the series?
>>
>>136036097
>kek lel kek
>TTGSHIT
My sides.
>>
>>136027656
HxH for sure, CA arc was a huge spike in power for the enemy, the mc and the currently known 'peak' in skill. But it doesn't affect the consistency of overall powerlevels at all, it showed that the ants power doesn't matter in the end, Gon's power has been totally reset, and Netero died. The previous villains like Hisoka and the troupe are still huge threats and Gon and Killua are still not that powerful compared to other hunters.
>>
>>136035676
>Kenshin
>Wide scale destruction

Yeah remember when Kenshin did a amakakeru ryu no hirameki and destroyed kyoto?
>>
>>136031997
>Croc holds his own against Mihawk, Doflamingo and Akainu in Marinefold

Mihawk casually deflected a charge attack from Croc, and a sneak attack on Akainu didn't hurt him at all and barely slowed Akainu down since he immediately caught up to Luffy anyway. Two cheap shots failing was hardly Croc holding his own, even Jozu who got taken out in the war dominated Croc's ass. And Doflamingo wanted Crocodile to join him, he laughed at all of his attacks and did nothing more than toy around with him.
>>
>>136028162
And it will never be complete
>>
>>136032219
1999>2011
>>
>>136036898
>Killua are still not that powerful compared to other hunters.
you're forgot the cute little sister bullshit. Killua is invincible
>>
>>136038700
We have no idea how Alluka will play into the story in DC arc since she's a calamity and will probably fuck shit up, but we know Killua doesn't want to use her. And she has nothing to do with powerlevels, she's more like a dragonball than anything else.
>>
HxH, Hisoka is still relevant despite being the first major boss.
In fact I would wager Gon still probably couldn't beat him.
>>
>>136027656
>consistence
Is boring and overrated.
>>
>>136036097
It was like 26 episodes, Of course it was consistent.
Fucking DBZ probably had more power-up episodes than KLK had episodes.
>>
>>136038700
>Killua is invincible
Alluka is piss easy, Kill her before she makes 3 requests and you're done.
Not to mention she resets which makes her a big target.
>>
Almost no anime does powerlevels well.

Ironically the closest is One Punch Man if you exclude Saitama. Index is up there too.
>>
>>136039188
>if you exclude main character
kek
>>
>>136028161
Raizen was fighting
>>
>>136039188
>if you exclude Saitama.
The point of the series, you have missed.
>>
>>136039637
>>136039572
Are you pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>136039637
>Implying the point of the series isn't that Saitama has reached an absolute pinnacle and has nothing left to live for

There's a reason Murata draws him in a stark contrast with the rest of the art, you know. And ONE's story is all about how Saitama just kind of aimlessly lists through life.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.