[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Berserk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8
I just re-read Berserk again and I never noticed before or really payed attention to the detail but, when the Fish Tits McGee turned into a mermaid they introduced that "true name" concept.

And later they elaborated that all elves, spirits and whatever else that has to do with astral layers have a true name and if someone besides them will know it they will be able to control them.

Now what if Godhand also get one after being reborn as apostles?

Imagine if this is the foreshadowing of the end and Guts finds out Griffiths true name and fucks him up?
>>
>>136021429
You mean the 'reborn' Griffith with his handsome human look and not Femto?
>>
>>136023159
Yeah, I mean it just seems awfully convenient for that to happen since he became an ultimate astral being and then we're getting this dropped.
And I'm sure Miura wouldn't just drop such a concept and never use it again, it has to play a role sooner or later and this is one of the possibilities.
>>
File: gats.png (301 KB, 1100x980) Image search: [Google]
gats.png
301 KB, 1100x980
>>136021429
How do you even kill Griffith at this point? Let's be realistic even Gats couldnt win against 12 Apostles at the same time yet alone Griffith.
>>
>>136021429
Why does Puck not have a penis? Is it hidden?

This has always bugged me.
>>
>>136024058
maybe because he can't procreate like a human being and that's why he doesn't needs a penis
>>
>>136024822
How do they procreate.

Why do they have genders if they don't procreate like that.
>>
>>136024851
Good question. Maybe they grow like mushrooms from the ground.
Miura thought of giving them a gender would be appropriate
>>
>>136024962
I hope the false elf reproduction was off, anyway.

That'd be terrifying.
>>
>>136024962
They're wind spirits. Spirits are born from their elements. Like that flower fairy was born from a flower.
>>
>>136023827

Since when Guts needed to fight 12 at once? Also, I'm sure the sword would have something to do with Griffiths downfall, since it killed so many Apostles, a God, Ghosts, Demons, hundreds of people, and (arguably) a Godhand member.
>>
>>136025188
Yeah, you're right - I simply forgot that. Thanks anon
>>
>>136025290
The God Hand can bend time and space
>>
>>136025695
Re-reading some chapters during dump threads I've find it surprising how different I remembered some stuff. But it's normal, it's been like 10 years since I first read it. One day I'll tell my descendants how I started reading Berserk as a kid.
>>
>>136025890
>One day I'll tell my descendants how I started reading Berserk as a kid.
And they'll still wait for Miura to finish the story
>>
Why do people like Berserk?
Why should I read it?
>>
>>136026674
>Why do people like Berserk?
They don't.
>Why should I read it?
You shouldn't.
>>
>>136026674
because it's good
because it's good

read it or not nobody will care
>>
>>136026674
Great fantasy, great world building, great art, and a story that is profoundly human in all its beauty and violence

>Why should I read it?
If you like suffering, year-long hiatuses, it should be right up your alley
>>
>>136026674
It's pretty good.
I mean the art is just stupidly amazing, reading other manga after Berserk feels like reading 2 line chicken scribbles.
It you want some dumb and brooding dark fantasy with astonishing art then you might wanna read it, I guess.
>>
This is still around?
>>
File: 1452558484813.webm (1 MB, 640x472) Image search: [Google]
1452558484813.webm
1 MB, 640x472
Nah, that would be too cheap. The final fight between Guts and Griffith is just gonna be some good old fashioned swordfighting because it's the only fitting conclusion to their story.
History repeats itself
>>
>>136028047
>Implying Guts won't be pushing dragonslayer into griffiths future love interest demon cunt vagina as revengecucking
>>
File: 1448389491693.png (3 MB, 3375x2400) Image search: [Google]
1448389491693.png
3 MB, 3375x2400
I want more lewd innocent Isma
>>
>>136028047
The fuck is that webm?
>>
File: griffith.jpg (102 KB, 359x413) Image search: [Google]
griffith.jpg
102 KB, 359x413
>>136026674
Because Griffith is best girl.
>>
>>136026674
Amazing art, good story for an action series, great characters, lots of content without any padding
>Why should I read it?
" " " " "
>>
>>136021429
Good point OP, didn't remember that. Are you sure it's said that all astral beings have true names? Mind dumping the parts with good translations?

It could be a way to bring Griffith down to Guts' level, somehow force him only to use his human form without the astral godhand powers for example. I remember a simmilar concept used for example in the books by Ursula Le Guin. Everything had a real name, and I think it was said that using someones real name was supposed to give you control over him, but it boiled down to blocking their magic and stuff like that from what I remember.
>>
>>136025290
What godhand member? I can't remember him killing anyone much stronger than the sea god
>>
>>136031575
Slan maybe? But that wasn't really a kill
>>
>>136031658
Kill? It's a rape, and the one who did the raping was Slan. If not for Skull, Guts may well be Slan's slave already.
>>
On a scale from 1 to 10 how realistic is wipe of whole Guts team again?
>>
>>136031831
We're not discussing Guts' competence against a God Hand but what his sword 'killed' and he did pierce Slan's earth body with it. If his sword hurts a God Hand in the future that'll probably be the justification
>>
>>136031958
>"killed"
You realize that the thing he stabbed is just bunch of organs Slan used to project her image into, right? She herself received no damage baring pleasure for being penetrated by a big, hard stick. It's like someone video calling you on a computer, you smash it in the middle of call and state you somehow hurt the person.
>>
>>136032292
That's still a God Hand, if Guts' sword gets a power-up it'll start from that.
>>
File: 123.jpg (741 KB, 590x2460) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
741 KB, 590x2460
>>136031367
>Mind dumping the parts with good translations?
There's only 1 translation that exists that I'm aware of.
But sure.

This is seriously the only possibility I can think of for Guts to do anything to him.
>>
>>136032341
So I will be a great deal if I can smash a television having Obama delivering a speech?
>>
>>136032442
Televisions can't hurt you, Stan's earth body did hurt Guts
>>
>>136032489
So what?
If a pro wrestler could telepathically hurl a tv with his image on me that would hurt me.
And if I could break that tv, which would hurt me, that doesn't mean I could do anything to the pro wrestler.

Slan wasn't even using a -0.000000000000000001% of her power there, Guts has negative billion chance of hurting godhand.

Remember Skull Knight, that nigga was getting beefy and strong for over 1k years and can obviously obliterate guts in seconds.

But even his master plan and reality slashing sword couldn't even scratch godhand.

It's not possible for a human to fight them.
>>
>>136032489
Ok.
Then Obama controlling a drone from the WH and some sandnigga shoots it down in Iraq. Does it mean they harmed him?
>>
>>136032639
They destroyed the drone. The drone = magical being. Guts' sword powers-up from killing magical beings.

Talking about Skull Knight, he insists for Guts to cut Slan with his sword, despite being obviously more powerful than him. It might be because he wants Guts' sword to power-up from that.
>>
>>136032737
>Guts' sword powers-up from killing magical beings.
Hello, source my ass? We got a confirmation that it transcended into an astral layer from killing so much demons. That literally means it just shifted and gained a spirit body.
It doesn't say anything about getting stronger from killing things, that would be literally retarded.
>It might be because he wants Guts' sword to power-up from that.
might be, but that's just a speculation. I don't think so.
>>
>>136032851
>We got a confirmation that it transcended into an astral layer from killing so much demons. That literally means it just shifted and gained a spirit body.

You're assuming it's a finite thing. Why would the number of demons matter if it's not something you accumulate? The spirit body could be growing in size, power, influence or whatever you want to call it. That's definitely a possibility.
>>
>>136032437
>that Magnifico in penultimate panel
kek
But's it's said "elves, spirits and whatnot", not sure if it applies to the godhand or even apostoles, especially that they all used to be human.
>>
>>136033527
Well that's the point, the girl isn't necessarily a spirit.
She existed as a human before the world merged but as Schierke saw she also had an astral body.

That's kind of literally what godhands are, especially Griffith now. He's like a carbon copy of this girl. And apostles are kind of spirits and whatnot anyway since they live in astral layers.

I mean it's not super direct but this is not far fetched either, this can very well be foreshadowing.
>>
>>136033694
Well considering how absurdly overpowered is Femto even without his giant apostole army, I think it's fair to assume that it may play a part in the series. Like I said >>136031367
it may bring Griffith down to a more human level, where Guts can actually fight him.
>>
File: image.jpg (562 KB, 817x1179) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
562 KB, 817x1179
Who here ready for the new age of witchxgutsxwitch love triangle?
>>
>>136034357
>implying she won't be part of Isidro's harem
>>
>>136034527
This. Guts will spend the rest of his life on the island to nurse the retard. Ten years later a buffed, hardened Ishidro leads his harem to the mainland to fight God Hands.
>>
>>136034823
Now that you mention it, Isidro still has to grow up doesn't he? i mean not like some 22 year old nerd that just spends all his day jacking off to anime and taking in 3 times the calories he burns everyday
>>
>>136034527
>Serpico Mormont forever in friendzone
>>
>>136034999
between everyone present in the manga does anyone show a more stoic character than Serpico?
Guts loses his shit and bites Caska's nipple leaving a mark, while Serpico doesn't even cry when he has to burn his own mother.
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 346x660) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 346x660
Despite hearing this from 2009, trying to read this last year(finished black swordsman), I only wrapped up golden age.

King of Midland did nothing wrong.
>>
>>136034357
Sure, if any of us are actually alive to see it happen
>>
Anyone hyped for the next anime adaptation?
>>
>>136038105
I don't mind CGI as much as most here, so yes, very much
Even if I hated CGI I just want more berserk man
>>
>>136032851

It's a Japanese thing. Traditionally it's believed that when a sword kills something, it takes it's power, or part of it.

>>136025764
That still wont prevent them from getting a huge ass sword impaled into their bodies. Especially if they don't see it coming. The real trick I would think is that they can predict with almost certainty what will happen. I say almost certainty because remember, there are moments in flux when dealing with causality, and anything goes in those moments. This implies that the Godhand while powerful, aren't the strongest force in the universe, nor are they omniscient. After all, if they were, they would've seen Skull Knight come in and wreck shit up during the eclipse.

Also, Gutts and Caska exist in the interstice, so they can interact with astral beings. This also implies that they exist outside the reach of causality, therefore exist outside the influence of the Godhand. So while they can bend space to their will, they still need to predict what will happen first, which leaves the susceptible to an attack.
>>
>>136039470
More Berserk is always better but hot damn I wish it wasn't CGI.
Do we know when the series is taking place? Seems to be covering the Conviction Arc but I don't know if it will continue into the Falcon of the Millennium Empire
>>
Bag thread?
>>
>>136038105
It looks absolutely disgusting, even worse than the Golden Age movies. I'd rather have nothing at all.
>>
>>136036090
Dude's a freak.

He probably wouldn't have gone off the deep end if it wasn't for Griffith.
>>
where the fuck is 344?

also what the fuck is up with this new series, how come no one has mentioned it much here
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.