[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's more important to you: plot or characters?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: consider the nagisa.png (208 KB, 534x472) Image search: [Google]
consider the nagisa.png
208 KB, 534x472
What's more important to you: plot or characters?
>>
Fanservice and pandering
>>
>>136014803
Cute sexy characters.
>>
A good plot doesn't sustain itself without good characters.
>>
>>136014803
Characters. With the contingency that there is no plot. If it's not slice of life i'm not going to watch a shitty anime just because I like the characters. The plot is huge in how the characters act and if it's a bad plot then the characters will just be there for the sake of the plot and not the other way around. Just look at asterisk.
>>
Literally anything can be good if it has good characters.
>>
>>136014834
Shocking truth!
>>
>>136015056
This
Besides a story with a bad plot but good characters can still be enjoyable
>>
Characters = Visuals > Plot

In that exact order. I can get through bad a bad Plot if I like the characters good enough, if it has shitty visuals it's kinda harder because that really puts me off.
>>
Characters I guess.
I don't even remember last time I watched an anime for the plot.
>>
>>136014803
>plot or characters?
Definitely the latter. I've watched several anime to the end where the plot was shit, but the characters were endearing and cute.
However, if I don't like or don't care about the characters, the plot would have to be amazing (which it usually isn't) for me to not drop it.
>>
File: AsukaHatesEverything.png (453 KB, 1028x792) Image search: [Google]
AsukaHatesEverything.png
453 KB, 1028x792
>>136014803
The two are obviously very connected, but my opinion is that even with weak plot, well built characters can still make a show enjoyable for me.

It is also much easier to make a solid plot than to make solid characters.
>>
Characters all day. Half the stuff I like is moefag shit with adorable, likable characters.
>>
>>136014803
Characters.
A good plot with bad characters wouldn't leave a lasting impact on me.
I'll just forget about it in a week or two.
>>
Well, since the characters are the ones that move the plot, and since a good plot doesn't exist with bad characters; yes.
>>
>>136014803
Both.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.