[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I finished watching SAO, and I realized something, something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 11
File: Kirito.png (850 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Kirito.png
850 KB, 1920x1080
So I finished watching SAO, and I realized something, something I should have noticed ages ago, Kirito is FUCKING BADASS.
>>
Indeed. Only faggots with shit taste hate on him.
>>
>>136014005
He's okay, it really wasn't as bad as many say but it could have been better. Asuna a best.
>>
I will admit it. I was GAR for kirito and thought SAO was fun until /a/ started hating it. Then I sliently started hating it because of /a/.
That and the fucking final fight with healthcliff what the fuck man.
>>
>>136014005
Gary stu
>>
>>136014005
>So I finished watching SAO
>FOUR years after it started
You new to anime?
>>
>>136014228
>SAO was four years ago
>people who started with SAO aren't even new anymore
Where the fuck does time go?
>>
>>136014761
Time marches on despite everything.
Kill La Kill feels as old as gurren lagann to me now.
I remember when people used to complain about gurren lagann the way they do about SAO because it became too popular. If anything, SAO is actually standing the test of time as a hated show like attack on titan.
Although attack on titan only got hate after the anime aired and it became too popular.
>>
>>136014005
I can beat the shit out of him IRL, and probably in any RPG too.
Guess I'm the ultimate badass and I didn't even realize...
>>
File: 012893761287.png (851 KB, 1023x781) Image search: [Google]
012893761287.png
851 KB, 1023x781
This man may possibly be the one main character to rule above all the protagonists of any anime I've ever seen.

>Based
>Has a hot Servant
>Has a hot partner
>Has a hot kouhai
>Fucks all of them
>Doesn't give a fuck about magic rules
>Or the Grail War rules
>Or the Grail
>Saves the world without killing people
>Succeeds where his loser dad failed
>Beats God-tier servants and his future self like they're shit
>Fuck your Noble Phantasms
>Fuck your utilitarianism
>Fuck you

Emiya Shirou: Badass of badasses
>>
>>136014005
/a/ loves him.
>>
>>136016640
>Shirou never beat Servants,only an servant
>He did not succeed in fullfilling Kiritsugus dreams. World is still full of killin'
>Killed bunch of people
>Gets cucked by Rin and old men
>Fails at school. Is an janitor
>No anime HF route yet,anon

>Saber
>Hot
I kekd

>Rin
>Hot
Hohohoho
>>
>>136014005
I know right? I felt badass for self inserting into him.
>>
>>136014928
>Although attack on titan only got hate after the anime aired and it became too popular.
Isn't that the same for SAO?
Before the anime, I'm told there were plenty of quiet threads about the LN, but no one really hated on it until it became over-hyped.

>>136016564
Nigga got the shit beaten out of him by a bony loon shouting about mexican food. In One Punch.
>>
>>136016814
>an servant
an hero
>>
>>136016814
>Shirou never beat Servants,only an servant
Really? because I'm pretty sure Gilgamesh, Berserker, Archer and Saber Alter were all servants.

>He did not succeed in fullfilling Kiritsugus dreams
"Succeeds were his loser dad failed" means he actually won the HGW and destroyed the HG without it killing anyone, saving most of humanity from Gil's ethnic cleansing.

>Saber
>not hot
Sure, if you like worms that is.

>Hohohoho
Know your memes, faggot. Luvia canonically thinks Rin is hot.
>>
>>136014005
>Brave
>Competent
>Not a whiny beta, keeps a cool head
>Only cries at understandable times
>Chick magnet but stays true to his hot waifu

He and Inaho from Aldnoah Zero are literally the MC's /a/ has been demanding for years.

The only people who hate on him are insecure beta autists who feel insecure looking at his successes, so they take out their social and sexual frustrations on him.
>>
>>136018725
>The only people who hate on him are insecure beta autists who feel insecure looking at his successes, so they take out their social and sexual frustrations on him.

Weak bait, too obvious. Work on your set up.
>>
>OP is trolling/falseflagging
>redditors flock to post about how SAO is a masterpiece anyway
Thanks OP.
>>
>>136014005
Yeah. He's also a disgusting quasi-autistic sociopath who hides out in the woods glopping his waifu instead of trying break out of the prison-game, thinks a guy touching his waifu's digital boobs is worse than another guy who killed about 4000 people, and seems to actually have some camaraderie with the guy who killed 4000 people.

He's worse than your average Stu, in terms of characterization and personality.
>>
>>136014005
Totally, Kirito and Naruto is probably two of my most favourite characters.
>>
>>136018855
I honestly can't tell if these are all actually newfags whose first anime was SAO, or if pretending SAO is good is the new hipster craze. But what's the point of so many people in here baiting each other? Is it in the hopes that some idiot will show up and start arguing that SAO is shit?
>>
Shirou VS Kirito VS Touma. Who would win?
>>
>>136014005
You forgot to turn your trip on, derp_commander.
>>
>>136019257
Which Kirito?
Which Shirou?

To my understanding, there are several variations, with varying "powerlevels".
>>
>two SAO bait threads running at the same time
Why don't mods do something about this?
>>
>>136019288
See: >>135999961
>but I chose to make the post without my tripcode because a some people filter me.
He didn't forget shit; he just didn't want you to filter him.

>>136019351
>mods caring about your feelings
>>
>>136019390
Searched up his posts on archive, this tripfag is cancer.
>>
>>136019453
One of his posts says he's originally from /b/, so there you have it.
>>
Is there a spell I can cast to make Kirito real? I LOVEEEEE him I actually saw him walking down the street dual swords and everything
>>
kirito >>>>>> shit >>>>> guts

kirito is te real blck swrdsman
>>
>>136014228
SAO WAS 4 years ago!!!!!!? fuck!
>>
File: 356346363473333343.jpg (229 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
356346363473333343.jpg
229 KB, 717x880
>>136014005
>>
>this thread
someone end my life please.
>>
Why is this thread full of people pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>136023607
How else are people supposed to discuss SAO?
Both the people who love it and the people who hate it are retards, so it's only to be expected.
>>
Don't want to make a new SAO thread for this

So apparently the Director a week or two ago said that the movie was in the storyboard phase, and mentioned Avengers, Age of Ultron as a hint to the plot of the movie.
I haven't seen that movie, but what might he have meant?
>>
>>136024770
Malevolent AI gets a physical body, clones himself, tries to take over the world. Heroes must put a stop to it alongside a benevolent AI.
...Yui's gonna end up getting superpowers, isn't she?
>>
I came to this thread to see peoples reactions to the bait OP. Boy am I disappointed.
>>
>Nephew really, really like SAO
>considers it the best romance in anime
>just try to change the subject
>he keeps bringing it up
>mfw
Where did I go wrong?
>>
>>136025903
Pls help /a/
>>
>>136017077
>Gilgamesh
That's because GoB is shit against UBW. He'd lose otherwise.

>Berserker (Fate)
With Saber's help

>Berserker (HF)
With Archer's arm

>Saber Alter
It's a draw, and Saber is holding back.

Shirou's win is a series of convenience.
>>
>>136025795
Going by your description of the plot; yeah, it's probably a Yui-based movie.
On the other hand, it might be about Alicization's Fluctlights?
>>
File: wut.jpg (13 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
13 KB, 300x168
>liking SAO is now acceptable on /a/
What happened to all the contrarians?
>>
>>136026108
They got tired of shitposting for four years straight.

No, they're still around. It's still not really acceptable yet.
>>
>>136018855
reddit hates SAO faggot
>>
>>136014228
Doubt he is, but it's obvious your new to /b/. How long till you compare something to reddit.
>>
>>136025903
Read him Chapter 16.5
Post results
>>
>>136014005
/v/ raid
>>
aussie shitposters
>>
>>136024770
>storyboard phase
They sure are taking their sweet time, huh?

>>136026014
There's no way they're going to bring Fluctlights in before having them brought up in season 3. It would necessitate Underworld, which would necessitate Kirito alone, which means no harem which is inconceivable.

I'm gonna guess that the basic Cardinal process in ALO gets corrupted and tries to destroy Arun/Yggdrassil/Alfheim/etc. in the form of massive quests that should have not been allowed to happen (i.e. Caliber Failure Side). Yui's probably gonna get superpowers. Why the fuck not?
>>
File: homucifer.jpg (59 KB, 455x640) Image search: [Google]
homucifer.jpg
59 KB, 455x640
Can you name a more badass character than Homura?

>Somehow survived 12 years of timeloops of fighting abominations and her untrusting "friends"
>Raided the Yakuza, JSDF, and possibly the frigging US military for her weapons
>Willingly let herself become a witch
>Overthrew a goddess and now literally controls the universe
>She could destroy it if she wanted

If she were straight, she'd make that pansy Kirito into a rentboy sex slave.
>>
>>136027456
kek, no. Kirito will save Madoka from Homura and HOmura will fall in love with Kirito so they can engage in threesome.
>>
>>136026151
And it never will be.

Sorry SAOshitters; a consensus of anons still thinks all copies of your anime should be gathered up and shot into the sun. If you don't like that, kindly fuck off to MAL or wherever.

Of course, you're probably just three people at the most anyway.
>>
>>136014005
>Kirito is a fucking badass
This has to be a bait thread, no one is capable of being this autistic
>>
>>136014005
Reminder that Kirito is the one and only person that can defeat Tatsuya SHiba.
>>
>>136027515
>cheating on his waifu

Well, he is canonically kind of an asshole.
>>
>>136016814
>didn't die when he's killed
>being right even when he's not correct

how that's not a badass, anon?
>>
>>136014005
IGNORE SAO threads

DON'T REPLY to SAO threads

REPORT SAO threads
>>
>>136026344
>knowing what reddit does and doesn't hate
>>
>>136027613
Why? It's not like the majority of the catalog is any better.
>>
>>136027613
Fatefag pls.
>>
>>136027613
Either way I'm shitting on people's tastes, at least let me eat this delicious bait.
>>
>>136014005
Can you please stop making those threads?
The one from yesterday was shitty enough already.
>>
>>136027768
I'd rather have a general than not.
Despite my knowledge of how shitty this series is, I keep coming back for more.
Maybe I just keep coming because Jake knows more about SAO and it's workings than Reki himself.
>>
>>136018725
stop posting this shitty bait pasta
go back to /v/ where you belong
>>
>>136014005
Make more threads OP, let's fight shitposting with shitposting. The age of the double contrarians is upon us.
>>
>>136027857
t-thanks

It's funny because my first and lasting impression of the series upon reading it was "It's not very good." Yet I keep on coming back. "Not good" does not mean "not fun", nor does it mean "not enjoyable".
>>
>>136025903
Wait until your nephew grows up, he will have better taste then.
>>
>68 replies to a bait thread
>even I replied here
This world deserves punishment, that's for sure.
>>
Why SAO is objectively shit and you should hate it:

(the basics)
-overdone "stuck in a video game" setting
-gary stu MC with a "harem"

(why S1 is shit)
-Forced drama:

Introducing a character for 1-3 episodes and then letting them die. This is done multiple times so that it can end up in the
>"I have to endure all the pain on my own because everyone around me is getting hurt"-trope
which leads into the
>"No wait friendship is actually pretty important"-trope
which then leads into the next point

-Massive tonal shifts / sudden character development unfitting to the established characters and world

Our self-insert teenaged MC gets the girl everyone desires and marries her. (reminder that Kirito is 14 years old at this point) At this point the setting doesn't even matter anymore and even the characters don't care about the plot anymore. The story takes a break to show us that the MC is a perfect lover and father. ( still 14 years old) Of course the daughter is also a "deus ex machina / tragic character"-cliché.
At this point the Gary Stu powers of our MC reach a new high, he can suddenly hack the game. This shows how unimportant the "danger" of dying in the game is to him, which leads us to our next point

-Shit pacing

At this point the writer remembered that there still is an overarching "danger" in form of the plot but there is only one episode left!
The true villain of the anime at this point reveals himself and gets killed off in one episode. Our MC overrides the death system, shitting on the plot and established universe even more. Cue tragic backstory of the villain and of course TO BE CONTINUED.

-The anime is just a money-making machine

Letting the anime continue and reuse the same plot for 4 seasons even after it's shown that nothing is really dangerous for the main characters is by far the biggest sin and shows that it's just a big money-making scheme that shits on consumers and people who actually care about good anime
>>
>>136025903
It could be worse. Kirito is pretty ok as a gary stu self insert and Asuna is cute.
>>
File: derp commander.jpg (154 KB, 933x904) Image search: [Google]
derp commander.jpg
154 KB, 933x904
>>136019288
>>136019390
Holy shit why haven't this faggot get banned yet?
>>
>>136029376
just filter him and be done with it, don't give him any attention to make him think that somebody actually cares about him and his opinions
>>
>>136029167
>overdone "stuck in a video game" setting
Not for anime. What does this matter?

>Forced drama
Cute argument.

>Introducing a character for 1-3 episodes and then letting them die. This is done multiple times so that it can end up in the
You mean the one time it was done in episode 3?

>"No wait friendship is actually pretty important"-trope
Didn't happen at all. Are you sure we're talking about SAO?

>reminder that Kirito is 14 years old at this point
16, but point taken.

>muh cliches

>he can suddenly hack the game
>This shows how unimportant the "danger" of dying in the game is to him
Wat?
People call this hacking? Holy shit, you tech-illiterates. I mean, have you ever logged into any website ever? Do you suddenly call it hacking when you forget to log out, and someone starts using your account?
I find it hard to imagine that the only time you connect to the web is anonymously, and that you don't use any kind of social media, forums, or email. But I guess there are some ancient grandparent who would call this hacking.

>tragic backstory of the villain
Where?

>it's just a big money-making scheme that shits on consumers and people who actually care about good anime

It's one of the top selling Light Novels, so it must be doing something right :^)
>>
File: 1432832277729.jpg (7 KB, 252x238) Image search: [Google]
1432832277729.jpg
7 KB, 252x238
>>136014005
>BADASS
>>
>>136016814
>Hohohoho
Fuck off you prism iliya faggot
>>
File: lisbeth.jpg (278 KB, 738x738) Image search: [Google]
lisbeth.jpg
278 KB, 738x738
>>136014005
Everyone knows it's only cool to like the first 12 episodes of SAO because that's what /a/ says and /a/ is the end all be all of anime.
>>
File: garbage.jpg (67 KB, 780x439) Image search: [Google]
garbage.jpg
67 KB, 780x439
>>136014005

He's good at everything, has no flaws, and any girl he talks to for 5 mins falls in love with him (including his fucking sister).

I get it. Kirito is everything you want to be. That doesn't change the fact that he's a terribly written gary-stu made to pander to teenagers.
>>
File: 1451839490065.jpg (57 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
1451839490065.jpg
57 KB, 500x366
>>136014005
Please stop posting this and similar threads each day OP, I don't desire getting eye cancer from reading them.
>>
>>136031444
>He's good at everything,
Didn't know "videogames" encompassed everything.

>has no flaws
Didn't know selfish loner wasn't a flaw (especially by Japan's standards)
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.