[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished watching Another, fuck Mei so fucking much.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 12
I just finished watching Another, fuck Mei so fucking much.

She allowed 10 people to be killed for literally no good reason. If her eye was the only thing she had used to find out who the dead person was then I could understand her doing fuck all as the class might not have believed her but she also had two strong pieces of evidence on top of that AND literally saw the person being murdered. Only after things had got as bad as they possibly could have did she do anything.

As for the show more broadly: it's a shame the boring first half wasn't was good as the excellent last three episodes, I wish I had watched it while it was airing because the threads seemed fun as fuck and now I can see why and the best girl was the hospital nurse ;_;
>>
They didn't know how to solve the problem until much later
They had no idea they had to actually kill the another
And then she gave little to zero fucks about a class that pretended she wasn't real
Best girl was indeed the nurse though
The first half isn't boring it just heavily weirds you out before laying down the cards
Also the quality and production is really fucking good
>>
File: Drink.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Drink.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
>>143817867
>They didn't know how to solve the problem until much later
That was my point though, those 10 deaths happened after they listened to the tape and found out how to fix everything and instead of saying "I know who it is, here is my evidence, here is why I didn't tell anyone earlier, this is what we need to do", she lets everything devolve into chaos before doing what she could have done earlier. Sure the class didn't trust her but at that point in the series, they were still open to listening.

Apart from that annoyance though, I'm surprised how much I enjoyed it. I didn't think the last few episodes would be as good as they were based on the laughable deaths earlier in the series. As you said, the quality was pretty damn high for what is probably just a one-off series.
>>
>>143816675
>no good reason
Are you sure about that?
>>
>>143818291
My favorite death was the guy getting pillar crushed afyer escaping from under the chandelier
>where do you think you're going you little faggot?
>>
File: Akazawa.gif (743 KB, 175x310) Image search: [Google]
Akazawa.gif
743 KB, 175x310
>>
>>143818349
Yup. She said she didn't want Sakakibara to know who the extra person was because of his relationship to Reiko which is fair enough. All that changes though after she finds out that killing the extra person solves everything. She would have known that Reiko would have had to have been killed at some point and there was no reason not to lay out the case to Akazawa and sort it out. They were still speaking to each other at that point.
>>
>>143818421
That one literally made me laugh out loud. Some of the deaths were great.
>>
File: 1461564207593.gif (3 MB, 353x200) Image search: [Google]
1461564207593.gif
3 MB, 353x200
>>143816675
>fuck Mei so fucking much.
I wish.
>>
File: vs mei.jpg (32 KB, 736x414) Image search: [Google]
vs mei.jpg
32 KB, 736x414
>>143818622
For one of the main characters, Mei is pretty low on the best girl ladder.
>>
>>143818622
This.
>>
File: gOTF9Ml.gifnoredirect.gif (2 MB, 399x225) Image search: [Google]
gOTF9Ml.gifnoredirect.gif
2 MB, 399x225
>>143818421
>>
>>143819593
Post more pies.
>>
File: 1234543657.gif (2 MB, 380x214) Image search: [Google]
1234543657.gif
2 MB, 380x214
>>143819692
I only have these two
>>
>>143816675
I've forgotten the exact details already, but basically you're a faggot. They didn't know how to solve the curse and some other things, and when they learned about it Mei was going to tell MC what she knows, but was interrupted by people going crazy. She couldn't just blurt it out on the spot because he kinda loves his aunt you know, and wouldn't just believe her and may even abandon her completely.
>>
>no reason
All bullies who went full psychopaths at the end. Nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>143819818
Read the thread, I've already explained this. See: >>143818501

More than 10 people died in total but 10 people died AFTER they found out how to stop everything. There were entire days in-between listening to the fixed tape and going to the mountain so your point about "Mei going to tell the MC" isn't valid. She could have told him at any point after listening to the tape, literally nothing had changed after that point except for the situation deteriorating as she knew it would. Her waiting (for no good reason) to tell him while on the mountain is what got those ten people killed.
>>
>>143820162
IIRC she saw some aura but she wasn't sure what it meant exactly. She also sees auras of ill and dying people (Akazawa) or people who are going to die soon (her sister in the OVA). She asked MC to bring back the old photo with that old class that had the same problem and when she saw that the aura of the missing person on the photo matches the one she sees, she was going to tell him the truth right there. They were interrupted by that faggot busting in and the house keeper wife going on the murder spree.
>>
Anyone tried reading the second book? Are there raws anywhere?
>>
>>143820329
Which would make a hell of a lot of sense she didn't then reveal that she literally witnessed Reiko being murdered.

It almost seems like it could be a mistake on the part of the writers because without that fact, I could totally accept that she saw death on Reiko but wasn't sure until later what it meant.
>>
>>143820498
IIRC once the shit starts the curse manipulates memories of all people, so she didn't remember it until they figured it out. Like that guy they spoke with on the beach. He was actually attending her funeral but he doesn't remember which funeral it was and speaks with her normally. Or the bird in MC's house, etc.
>>
File: 1438195654766.gif (1002 KB, 295x166) Image search: [Google]
1438195654766.gif
1002 KB, 295x166
>>143819234
Mei is objectively one of the worst girls, if not the worst girl in the show but is the most favourite. Why do people have shit taste and go for the silent antisocial types?
>>
>>143818465
Izumi is such a fantastic girl. I'm glad she managed to make it through without dying - she threw up a lot of flags in that last episode, but she managed to pull through anyway.

I especially liked the ending, where everyone realized what a terrible character Mei was, so Sakakibara decided to hook up with Izumi. The last scene, where the two of them kissed on the ferris wheel, looking down at the town was really romantic. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who teared up a little bit.

Izumi simply gets things done. She's a girl who has the lives of all of her classmates riding on her shoulders. She carries that weight and won't let it break her. She values the lives of other people - she cares about what happens to them, and as they start dying, the knowledge that she's partially responsible starts to build up on her shoulders. But does she give up? No way. She just keeps going along, trying not to crack under the pressure.

This comes as a contrast to Mei, who, when Sakakibara talked to her, decided to talk back, dooming her classmates to a horrible death. She even knew who the extra was all along, but rather than say anything, she decided to let even more people die. In the end, the only reason she bothered to go stop the extra is because her classmates finally decided to kill her; she might not care if other people died, but once her life was in danger, then she'll do something about it. She's selfish and a sociopath.

Izumi however, didn't hesitate. She went to kill the extra when she (thought) she knew who it was. She wasn't going to let anybody else die. She's smart, beautiful, nice and mature. And to top it all off, she's a god damned hero.

She's a fantastic girl. And I for one am very glad that, rather than dying a senseless death in the last episode, she instead survived and hooked up with Sakakibara. She earned that little slice of happiness.
>>
File: before ep12.jpg (919 KB, 2245x2600) Image search: [Google]
before ep12.jpg
919 KB, 2245x2600
>>143816675
Another is actually a mystery novel that you can solve before the final. Mei supernatural solution plays the role of the "detective" and simply reveals the answer so you can be sure that you were right.
>>
>>143820881
I guess the memory manipulation does explain why she might not have remembered seeing Reiko murdered. Even so, she had almost definitely figured it out before they arrived at the mountain. She tells Sakakibara that she had known "for some time" who it was and goes on to list the evidence (that no other class had an assistant teacher, that there were the right amount of desks in the class but not in the staff room). In the last scene she claims to have forgotten when she figured it out but makes it sound as if it was a long time ago but that it wouldn't have done any good to tell anyone (which is false after she heard the tape).
>>
>>143821233
She sure did, she sure did
>>
>>143821295
Pretty interesting
>>
>>143821295
It never even occured to me because I just never even considered the idea of a teacher being the another
Whrn she was revealed I was just thinking if that was even allowed
>>
File: 1338312314654.jpg (645 KB, 1280x3000) Image search: [Google]
1338312314654.jpg
645 KB, 1280x3000
>>143821471
Well, now it went from "she sure is a bitch" to "it makes it sound like". Add to this some slight unreliability of translation, her mental state and surrounding circumstances and you can understand why she wouldn't just run around screaming about the colors of death on everyone.

>>143821826
>>143822143
Apparently, it works better in the novel because of narration tricks, but for a visual medium like anime they had to push it somewhat to conceal the fact that the teacher and his aunt are the same person.
>>
File: 1035202.jpg (149 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1035202.jpg
149 KB, 1280x720
>>143822143
I was thinking it would be this guy before the reveal because I thought that him taking the class photo would be significant in some way and because he did so little throughout the show despite having a lot of screen-time.
>>
>>143822393
>Well, now it went from "she sure is a bitch" to "it makes it sound like".
I had forgotten that she didn't remember that she had seen Reiko getting murdered but I'm still confident that she knew who it was before they got to the mountain and she pretty much says as much. If that is indeed the case, then not telling anyone else before they got to the mountain resulted in those 10 people being killed unnecessarily and is therefore still a bitch.
>>
Is there any anime you would recommend to fill the void after Another?
>>
File: Z_df5564242.jpg (98 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Z_df5564242.jpg
98 KB, 1280x720
Why couldn't she have survived to the end?

;_;
>>
>>143821233
The manga end was slightly different though
>>
>>143823056
Erased. It's not as good though
>>
>>143823587
Because fuck your feelings anon. That how world works
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.