[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a show that stands out to you visually? Kyoukai no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
Is there a show that stands out to you visually?

Kyoukai no Kanata really stood out to me when it came out and even looking back on some clips I think the effects look gorgeous and the animation is pretty good. Not the best clip but this file size limit is rough.

Unrelated note which is the better release for the movie. Mori or Eila-vt
>>
>>135979850
>file size limit is rough.
And yet you've managed to post a webm that 1/4 of the permitted size.
>>
>>135979850
KnK designs are still my favourite Kyoani designs. They're in a perfect spot between cute, but not too cute. Too bad the show was shit.
>>
Grimgar from this season really stands out
>>
>>135979850
I had no idea what was going on in the last few episode tho.
>>
>>135980038
They're the best they've done since Horiguchi left. It's funny to me that Mirai has pink anime hair while everyone else has realistic hair colors.
>>
>>135980038
I think KnK were KyoAni's best designs too. The characters look so soft and fluffy.

On the bright side, there's a chance that Koe no Katachi might have the same designer.
>>
>>135979850
Wow, there are tons of those, but KnK is not one of those. Pretty much anything by Masaaki Yuasa, Kenji Nakamura and Mahiro Maeda stands out in terms of visuals. Koike also has a really distinct style. Plus shows with character designs by Sake, ABe or Yoshinari.
>>
>>135979850
Ignoring all of the obvious options, I always like SZS more than was reasonabe. There is also stuff like Dennou Coil and Nichijou which is just in general produced at a level above average, but if I had to pick a show that stood out visually it would have to be SZS or Ping Pong
>>
>>135979850
>Unrelated note which is the better release for the movie. Mori or Eila-vt

Eila-vt just ripped subtitles from the series and put it on the recap movie, which is the first movie. Mori TLed the second movie. Eila-vt has no release out for the second movie.

Your question is pretty stupid.
>>
The other, better knk.
>>
File: ANTZ.jpg (3 KB, 24x240) Image search: [Google]
ANTZ.jpg
3 KB, 24x240
EVER. FRAME. A. PAINTING.
>>
>>135981432
>24x240
>>
>>135981432
nice resolution fucktard
>>
File: troll line.jpg (28 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
troll line.jpg
28 KB, 512x512
>>
>>135981432
Is this from the Utena movie?
>>
>>135979850
Grimgar for this season. Say what you want about the plot, but it LOOKS incredible.
>>
>>135981714
Those background pictures reminds me of lightened version of Haibane Renmei.
>>
>>135979850
Neon Genesis Evangelion
>>
Kara no Kyoukai was gorgeous
>>
File: mSuEyOt.png (822 KB, 1000x1424) Image search: [Google]
mSuEyOt.png
822 KB, 1000x1424
>>135979850
>>
>>135981714
holy shit
>>
>>135983745
I liked KnK and Hyouika's colours the most.

they bring forth old memories for some reason, and I like that
>>
>>135983745
I like all of them except for Amagi's colors.
>>
>>135981059
>Dennou Coil
>Nichijou
>"a level above average"
You stupid fucking fat fuck, you believe you're God and nothing is good enough for you? Those two series you gave had amazing animation and easily rival with the best animated works no matter where they come from, don't let your autism get in the way of objective truth.
>>
>>135983949
>nichijou
>best animated
Kek
>>
>>135983989
I hate Nichijou because it's beyond stupid and it's nothing more than a compilation of unfunny gags that follow more or the less the same codes but you have to be a contrarian to deny the tremendous work put into the animation part.
>>
>>135984088
I think Nichijou is enjoyable when you stop waiting for it to be funny

This applies to most comedy anime.
>>
>>135984181
>I think Nichijou is enjoyable when you stop waiting for it to be funny
This. In any comedy you watch.
>>
There's a lot of anime out there that stand out visually.

I'll just go with Takashi Nakamura's works. He doesn't get as much attention as he should.
>>
>>135984088
:>Hi, i like Prison School
Ok moron
>>
>>135984181
>>135984246
The problem is that the work is doing TTGL levels of over-the-top shenanigans without any subtility, like that guy in public audience who holds a sign telling you when to laugh and when to applaud. "HERE! Look here, you're supposed to laugh! LAUGH!". The show also lacks continuity with the story, and the division in "small stories" makes it even more clear they are dividing the storytelling with regards to the gags.
I laughed at Barakamon, I laughed at NouCome, I laughed at NNB, or even GochiUsa, but Nichijou left me cold, apart from the first gag and the Shrine one.

Maybe I'll try to continue watching it later.
>>
>>135984392
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>135983949
>God Tier
GitS
Akira
EoE
>Above Average
Dennou Coil
Nichijou
>Average
Literally your average anime
>Below Average
Unlimited DEEN works
>Shit tier
Steamboy

I don't see how this is hard to understand.
>>
>>135985758
Holy shit, you're retarded.
>>
>>135979850
The colors in KnK were absolutely spot on, and contributed a ton to the atmosphere to the show. In terms of visuals, its my favorite of any Kyoani show.
The character designs are also my favorite designs in all of anime.

>>135984441
>The problem is that the work is doing TTGL levels of over-the-top shenanigans without any subtility, like that guy in public audience who holds a sign telling you when to laugh and when to applaud.
I can agree with that, as the same thing happened in terms of "hype" with TTGL. It holds your hand and tells you what to feel and when to feel instead of it being a natural consequence of watching the story.
I enjoyed the more SoL bits of Nichijou way more than the comedy, which completely flew right by me. The more completely random bits of comedy made me laugh, such as the random explosions when Yuko gets hurt.
>>
>>135987249
Good taste. KnK really wasn't for me but I hope Ishidate gets to direct more in the future. He's godly.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.