[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who's the biggest jobber of all anime? I vote Leomon.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: leomon.jpg (21 KB, 478x359) Image search: [Google]
leomon.jpg
21 KB, 478x359
Who's the biggest jobber of all anime? I vote Leomon.
>>
>>135960109
yamcha
>>
Kumagawa
>>
>>135960109
Misaka Network. Their actual job was to lose to Accelerator.
>>
Smoker from one piece.
>>
What's a jobber definition again?
>>
>>135960452
Guy who loses a lot in professional wrestling.
But here, it's a guy who's a victim of Worf Effect, meaning he's supposed to be this super-strong badass but loses constantly to make the monster of the week/arc villain look strong and dangerous.
>>
>>135960213
Can they really be jobbers of jobbing was their job?
>>
Gohan
>>
>>135960693
That's literally what a jobber is, retard.
>>
>>135960829
No, you don't understand.

They were never meant to be anything but cannon fodder, so they were fulfilling their purpose by losing to him. They can't be jobbers if they were was no chance of them winning in the first place.
>>
>>135960829
No, a jobber (even a pro wrestling one) is meant to seem to have a chance at defeating the other guy.
If they're too weak to defeat their opponent (and everybody knows that), it's not jobbing.
>>
>>135961046
>>135961132
Listen to you pro-wrestling experts. Then explain to me why the fuck are people like Jamie Noble, who look like they couldn't beat a paper bag, called jobbers?
Here's a little lesson: the term jobber came from the saying ''to do a job'' meaning to make the other guy look strong by losing to him. Somebody who loses all the time is a jobber. What you're thinking off is a jobber to the stars, someone like Kane or Big Show who squashes regular jobbers but loses to top guys.
>>
>>135961297
>the term jobber came from the saying ''to do a job'' meaning to make the other guy look strong
Exactly.
You can't do that if nobody can take you seriously as an opponent for the guy.
Also, the meaning of the word obviously changed because in anime nobody gets paid to lose. So you're wrong on both ends.
>>
It certainly must be someone from DB Universe.
That or Team Rocket
>>
>>135961297
>watching anime AND wrestling
lmaoing @your manchild lyfe

i'm a fan of both too
>>
>>135960109
Half the cast of Bleach are all prime candidates.
>>
File: pokemon team rocket.jpg (428 KB, 558x789) Image search: [Google]
pokemon team rocket.jpg
428 KB, 558x789
>>135961493
Does this mean that Team Rocket or Yamcha aren't really jobbers? Since they haven't appeared to be strong since their introduction?
>>
>>135960109
Just about any "omnipotent" character, they were all pretty much made to get their asses kicked by characters who should never have logically had a chance.
>>
>>135961895
They are obviously the comic relief.
>>
>>135960109
Vegeta or Seraphimon.
>>
What was the best heel turn in all of anime?
>>
>>135960609
Oh

Then Gohan
>>
Kakashi
>>
>>135965674
Sayaka.
>>
>>135965882
Whoops, meant for >>135965606.
>>
Kuwabara was a pretty good jobber in Yu Yu Hakusho.
>>
Mumen Jobber. He exists to do it.
>>
>>135961046
A jobber is meant to make another wrestler look strong by losing to them. Misaka Network losing to Accelerator was literally for the sole purpose of making him look like a Level 6. The moment they stopped losing to him was the moment Accelerator stopped being a prominent threat in Raildex WWE until other events made Accelerator a topcard. The Misaka Network was a jobber in every sense of the word.
>>
mizael from Yu-gi-oh! Zexal

He lost in half a turn
>>
Hirako Shinji

Hell, most of the cast of Bleach
>>
File: 1422167741056.png (95 KB, 487x370) Image search: [Google]
1422167741056.png
95 KB, 487x370
This absolute madman.
>>
File: Sayaka.jpg (62 KB, 620x800) Image search: [Google]
Sayaka.jpg
62 KB, 620x800
Not even once.
>>
File: ruri.jpg (46 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ruri.jpg
46 KB, 1280x720
I'm serious, did she exist just to lose and make Kirino look good? Even getting the protag for a while was just so she could lose in the end.
>>
>>135960109
Vegeta
>>
I'd have to go with Gilgamesh no one jobs as much as this faggot does. He boast about being the most strongest servant ever and he loses to a fucking ginger kid who is drowning in British pussy.
>>
>>135966723
Manami was more of a jobber since she had an ongoing feud with Kirino for several years.
>>
Any opponent from OPM.
There just to make Caped Baldy look strong
>>
>>135966909
No way, Manami is the final boss. Technically she was winning until the recent events of the story.

Ruri was losing at every turn and, being real, she was built to look less impressive than Kirino.
>>
>>135967030
genos
>>
>>135960109
Kakine Teikoku
>>
>>135967326
Even the time he won it was lame.
>>
>>135966798
People say that but Gil only jobbed to the stars: Saber because she's Saber and Shirou because coincidence.

Was Lancer ever imposing? Saber could have whooped him, Gil killed him, Archer stopped his "sure hit" attack, Kirei made him kill himself and True Assassin killed him.
>>
>>135966596
The author's a fucking hack introducing a bunch of faggots we don't care about then rushing the series s m h
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.