[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the Bog arc fucking sucks. It's just thing after thing after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 7
File: kaiji.jpg (136 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kaiji.jpg
136 KB, 1280x720
the Bog arc fucking sucks. It's just thing after thing after thing, and predictable failure after predictable failure. Over and fucking over again. This is unbearably boring and unengaging to watch, really a far cry from the rest of the show
>>
>>135945782
I think you should go back to watching episodic shit if you can't handle a little drag
>>
>>135945935
A little? NIGGER you cannot be serious
>>
>>135945962
>just 10 episode
Nigger have you watched any shounenshit? The same arc drags for 20+ episodes
Also, each episode of the Bog arc had a new development
It's not like they were doing the same shit again and again
>>
>>135945935
Don't defend the Bog, anon.

The Bog was the worst part of the show. Twice as long as it should have been. The should have just created a third challenge for Kaiji to solve in the time that it took.
>>
>>135946104
I think it was great
I binge watched it all in one go and wasn't forced to wait for eps like /a/ did
>>
>>135946094
>The same arc drags for 20+ episodes
Yeah, if you're watching the fucking big 3 ass face.

Filler this long is fucking inexcusable in a seasonal show. Next you're going to say that the Endless 8 was a cinematic masterpeice.
>>
>>135946094
why are you trying to move the flag here? I've never watched bleach/one piece/naruto, and i don't really care how they go. I was having an absolutely fantastic time with kaiji up until the bog arc, most everything before that was suspenseful and well done. the bog arc just has none of it
>>
>>135945935
Are you really defending the bolg?It's universally agreed that this arc has atrocious pacing, anon. Half of the episodes consist of the characters literally repeating the same things, the same intern monologues and of Kaiji losing and getting desperate 50500302 times. It's just the definition of boredom, repetition and drag and it happened because Madhouse decided to adapt just two arcs in 26 episodes.

I think that everyone can agree that Season 2 was worse than season 1 as a whole, but at least the first arc was decent, while the second(bolg)was just terrible in almost every aspect.
>>
>>135946173
I did too.

It was still painfully slow paced. Inexcusable.
>>
>>135946190
>endless eight
But it was literally the same thing repeating again and again
>>
>>135946229
>>135946205
>>135946204
>having this low attention span
How do you fags even read books?
>>
>>135946291
>trudging through boring garbage for the sake of doing it makes you a good audience

nice anon
>>
>>135946233
It's hyperbole, anon, don't take it to heart.

But yes, case in point. Much of the bog was painfully repetitive. Previous arcs of kaiji would deliver multiple plot points per episode. The bog would only deliver one every 20 minutes and then harp about the implications of that plot advance the whole time.
>>
>>135946291
>Not liking repetition, drag and the same thing happening over and over again is having low attention spam
Please, be bait.
>>
File: baww.jpg (86 KB, 639x842) Image search: [Google]
baww.jpg
86 KB, 639x842
>people hating bog arc
>>
>>135946324
Like I said before every fucking episode of the Bog had a new development
There wasn't any episode where some new piece of information is encountered and the status quo changes
>>
>>135946291
What do books have to do with anything?

Are you saying that reading too much somehiw made you incapable of recognizing poor pacing? I read a lot, and you're the only one with this problem.
>>
>>135946233
So?The endless eight is the best example possible of something that dragged more than it should. Although Endless eight is arguably a worse offender, it's nonetheless a fair comparison to the bolg's arc.
>>
>Kaiji gets enough airtime to squander it on prolonged arcs
>Saikyou Densetsu Kurosawa will never be approved for TV
>>
>>135946410
Endless Eight was shit because they literally just used the footage of the previous episodes in the after episodes
If the subsequent episodes added a new development; the I would've been satisfied
>>
>>135946422
I wanted to like it, anon.

But I would have preferred it be shortened to make room for a 3rd arc for a different challenge.
>>
Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that only faggot children with low attention span and autism dislike the bog?
>>
You're just mad that Kaiji actually won.
>>
>>135946567
Actually, endless 8 was fairly meticulous about not reusing footage and maintaining different camera angles even if the scene itself was the same. It's the one impressive saving grace.

The complete lack of any development and a wasted budget of reanimating the same scene over and over again was disgusting though.
>>
File: 6952278.jpg (83 KB, 661x419) Image search: [Google]
6952278.jpg
83 KB, 661x419
I do like The Bog, but it could've benefited from one or two less episodes. Then the pacing would've evened out a lot.
>>
>people who filler
I'll never understand this. It's like they hate story and character development. If you want flashing lights and high-speed action, then play some shitty video-game for Christ's sake.
>>
>>135946579

Next is fucking mahjong arc which has enough shit for full anime mate.
>>
>>135946542
>prolonged arcs
The anime adapted the manga perfectly; it didn't leave anything out and also had no filler
Also, what does your argument even imply?
>Buraiden Gai never got an anime
>zero never got an anime
>Ten doesn't have an anime
>no zero anime
>no Gin to Kin
This is just wish fulfillment
>>
I enjoy samefagging by screaming into the void and hoping people read what I say.

It's much easier than continuing discussions or enaging others in the thread
>>
>>135946681
>changing camera angles=new footage
retard
>>135946596
But it was extremely faithful to the manga
I actually watched the manga and read the anime side by side
It had almost all of the scene the manga had
>>
>>135946711
Akagi s2 never ;_;
>>
>>135946445
You cannot be serious. How can you watch that shit and not realize that it was purposely dragged by Madhouse to fill the 26 episodes?That's also the reason why there's a recap episode in the middle and also why it seems that the same thing is happening in half of the episodes. Next you are going to say that the last Akagi arc had good pacing.
>>
>>135946711
And I'm okay with that.

But that still demonstrates how inconsistently the arcs were paced. One could have been solved in 5 episodes. Another takes an entire season.

Inexcusable.
>>
>>135946703
>pigeons
>not crows
why?
>>
>>135946824

Don't say that.

>>135946834

Bog arc was consistent with manga from what I remember. Only couple of things were dragged on.
>>
>>135946816
>changing camera angles=new footage
Correct.

Same scene. Different footage.
>>
>>135946828
because I read the manga side by side while watching the anime and I found that the anime didn't add any filler and it didn't cut anything out
well, it did cut out Hyoudou's prologue speech (that was alluded to in the OP), shortened Endou's encounter with Kaiji and removed a scene of Sakazaki showing Kaiji his old house
>>
>>135946596
Yeah anon. All those kids who can't 50 episodes of Goku and Freeza staring at each other in DBZ have such short attention spam.
>>
>>135946940
forgot the recap episode m8
>>
>>135946888
>Bog arc was consistent with manga from what I remember.
How does that make a difference?

If the pacing was poor in the manga, then it's natural that it would be poor in the anime unless the director made excecutive decisions to extend or limit it during adaptation.
>>
>>135946940
>I read the manga side by side
There's your problem, retard.
The anime doesn't add filler, it just stretches out what's already in the manga. There's plenty of times you'd have to slow down on the manga reading to let the anime catch up
>>
>>135946816
I don't think you have the right idea of what footage means.

Among the Endless Eight episodes, so-called identical scenes were composed and animated separately, and the voice acting was also separate.The script was very similar, but it was realized differently every time.
Reusing footage would have meant copying the video and/or audio tracks.
>>
>>135946912
Ok then what about developments?
The subsequent episodes didn't reveal anything new to us.
It wasn't like Kyon kept the memories of his previous day of the loop
It's not that he tried doing things differently in the subsequent episodes
Compare that to Kaiji's Bog arc where every episode had a new development
>>
>>135947047
>stretches
Well, that's what proper direction and conversio to anime form will do
Just look at David adaptation of JJBA
They literally copy pasted panels from the manga and went with still scenes
Just look how half assed it was
>>
>>135947074
Again, it's intended as hyperbole. Don't take the comparison so literally.
>Compare that to Kaiji's Bog arc where every episode had a new development
Keyword "A" development. As in one per episode, whereas previous arcs would introduce a wide number of developments.
>>
>>135947142
>implying every arc of Kaiji didn't stretch this much
RPS was 8 episodes (not counting first episode)
E-card was 7 episodes
Bog was only 14 episodes
>>
It dragged on for a little too long but the payoff was worth it.

That ending was pretty 10/10
>>
>>135947157
The fuck are you even talking about, you mongoloid?
>>
>>135946596
If i can sit through the entirety of monster but had to skip parts of the fucking bog theres definitely something wrong with it. Its inherently less interesting than actual gambles since its just a machine and theres literally no skill involved,no mind games.the entire strategy consisted of shoving more balls in, which is far less interesting than the more dynamic battles before
>>
Y'all just mad you can't endlessly ejaculate.
>>
>>135947442
I'm saying that no one is making serious comparisons between the endless 8 and The Bog. It's hyperbole. Everyone already recognizes that the Endless 8 had virtually zero plot development while The Bog continually developed.

But the criticism is that like the endless 8 arc, the bog arc was a massive change in pace with regards to its respective series. Previous arcs would deliver multiple plot points and developments per episode. The Bog limited itself to only one major plot point per episode, probably for the sake of extending the episode count.
>>
>>135947604
Monster was pretty episodic
Even though those "episodic" parts had some payoff in the conclusion, it doesn't change that fact
That is just a different way of storytelling
>>
>>135947749
>>135947604
ITT; overated discussions
>>
>>135947431
what ending? the one where he gets fucked by endouh and goes back to being a bum in 6 months?

I honestly think Kaiji is one of the msot overrated anime in /a/.
-bad pacing
-atrocious CGI
-godawful character design
-unconclusive ending

and people call it a 9-10/10
>>
It's okay. He tilted the whole building.
>>
>watching with /a/
>yfw balls touched
>>
>>135947724
I kinda get your point
It isn't a problem of the anime, the source material (manga) is the same.
Maybe it is good because the payoff was really good and everything was concluded nicely
I kinda get why people complain
Thanks for clarifying
But still I believe that is not a valid complaint because >>135947385
>>
Akagi was better
>>
>>135947810
>-atrocious CGI
The fuck are you smoking? The CGI, which was only used for showing the motion of the balls, was quite cleverly used; just look at how they drew the balls is in the manga
How else could they have done that
>godawful character design
No fuck off
At least ever character has a fucking nose unlike 70% of the rest of anime
>unconclusive ending
Even though kaiji never did play Hyoudou again
Even though he got swindled by Endou and is now penniless
At least he is now debt free and has friends who wouldn't betray him
the manga is still ongoing and about the last line, you will find that a bit harder to digest after reading the manga
>>
>>135947774
Who the fuck is rating our discussions?over rating no less
>>
>>135947810
>-unconclusive ending
No shit it doesn't have a conclusion, the manga is still going and they could always (theoretically) make a new season if there's a third movie to promote.
>>
>>135948127
Those who have been here for over a week
not you
>>
>>135947810
It has tension unrivaled by most shows i've seen and has heart felt moments with insightful themes about the importance of basic human values vs superficial monetary possessions. I absolutely loved the art style and kaiji is a character i would root for as well
>>
>>135947931
I don't really care that much about episode count. I just want a consistent rate of plot delivery. The bog could have (and should have) made two plot advancements per episode, one before commercial break and one after. But the few times it did this, the plot advancements were rarely staggering or had wide reaching implications.

The criticism either becomes
a) The bog's major plot points were too spaced out
or
b) The bog had a lot of minor plot points that failed to advance the plot

And the bog suffered from this dichotomy more than the other arcs.
>>
>>135948201
>gets pointed out that his last statement was nonsense
>calls someone new as rebuttal
sasuga
>>
>>135948647
It wasn't my statement, and it was a joke based on a meme that I'm not going to explain to you. Lurk more.
>>
>>135946422
The same here. It's my favorite arc. It's fucking Kaiji at his best and his hardest gamble to date. It's incredible. That narrator, that OST, the emotional roller coaster!
>>
>>135948647
You need to step up your meme game.
>>
>>135947810
Some stories are cyclical, ending up where they started, whether it's in the details or in the grand scheme of things.

The conclusion is that there is no conclusion - Kaiji will probably keep making the same mistakes indefinitely, though there's still the faint chance that he might find a way out of the cycle.
>>
>>135948705
Welp back to reddit i guess
>>
how'd kaiji afford an apartment, anyway?
>>
>>135949874
By being a petty gambler? Apartments don't cost much.
>>
I love the series as a whole but Kaijifags sure are unrelenting in how flawless they claim it to be.

If the highest points are 10/10 then the lowest points during the bog are definitely 7/10.
>>
Yes, tilting the entire fucking building was predictable as fuck. Fuck off.
>>
File: endless_ejaculation.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
endless_ejaculation.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
I don't care what people say about the pacing. The tension and build up was worth it in the end.
>>
>>135947022

Pacing wasn't poor in the manga.
>>
>>135945782
Yeah but the Shinchiro-Arc is the shit. Ootsuki is best villain.

The first 10 eps of Kaiji 2 is the single arc I have rewatched most in all of anime, I always watch it while falling asleep.
>>
Why wasn't Kazuya-hen translated past chapter 100?
>>
>>135952627
Because it ended at chapter 97.
>>
>>135952658
Oh I see, I'm retarded.
Well at least now I have 6 chapters in a row to enjoy now.
>>
>Waiting for Triad
>>
File: 123154356241.jpg (196 KB, 962x391) Image search: [Google]
123154356241.jpg
196 KB, 962x391
Yeah it's great
>>
>>135953941
Spoken like a man who never watched Hyouge Mono.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.