[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Without mentioning any other girl, post why you like or don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8
File: 002.png (158 KB, 883x1300) Image search: [Google]
002.png
158 KB, 883x1300
Without mentioning any other girl, post why you like or don't like Chihiro.
>>
>>135927434
i like her just because
>>
>>135927434
Cause she's a bro
>>
RIGHT NOW
>>
>>135927434
She reminds me of mai waifu
>>
>>135927434
i like her because her asshole is tasty
>and it taste like my dads.
>>
>>135927434
She's not like the other girls.
>>
>>135927434
She was boring and despite being the supposed "normal" or "background" girl she was a fucking tsundere. Literally the most common dating sim girl.
>>
File: 1451899829016.jpg (34 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1451899829016.jpg
34 KB, 251x251
>>135927434
Disgusting fucking normie.

The ending doesn't exist
>>
Plain. Generally seem inferior, still trying what she think is her best. And I enjoy commoner's common sense in fantasy setting.
>>
>>135927434
She's the worst because she's the closest to 3D in the series.
>>
>>135927434
I like her. I don't Why.
If you are talking about the anime then maybe because Asumi Kana
>>
She proactively pursued keima. And when she was thrown a hurdle that would send any other girl into blushing retreat, she forged forward. The best part about it is how it keima was unable to read her like an eroge heroine which in the end is what made him fall for her. A woman he couldn't predict won him over.

The correct end girl.
>>
>>135927434
she's the only one who liked keima without the pick-up bullshit.
>>
Boring. Generic looks and personality.
Doesn't stand out at all. Doesn't fit with the MC.

Which is exactly why she won.
>>
File: otp.jpg (14 KB, 480x218) Image search: [Google]
otp.jpg
14 KB, 480x218
>>135928299
with whom keima actually fell in love, picture very related
>>
>>135927434
She's about the only girl out of the whole roster who had nothing really "unique" about her. Keima's first encounter with her had her presense set at about a "Background" character level. That setup point is what really sets her to be a good and bad character at the same time.

Individually, viewers are drawn to the females that hits their specific tastes. With some being rich, an idol, an athlete and ect. They all meet a level of stereotype which involves their character archtype and their respective arc conflict. They're cookie cutter characters which represent a niche. However they don't all exactly meet the lines of which realism can exist.

Chihiro breaks the barrier in a way. While she does have her own stereotype, she meets more of the realistic expectations of a person whom you're more likely to meet in real life. This is partially the reason why she is hated. It's the theme that for Keima who doesn't live in the real, falling in love with one who is breaks that cycle that's built from the beginning of the show is almost a let down. maybe not

I don't like Chihiro specifically, but I can respect her as a character in the series that is needed for closure. It does suck that Wakaki had to end the manga in such a horrible way being rushed and such, but the development and the chemistry between her and Keima is obvious that she learned to love him because he was himself, and accepted that fact while she had issues about who she was and wanted to be able to learn to love herself. There's a reason her arc is somewhat symbolic in the first introduction. Her confidence is one that a lot of people can relate too.

Her second encounter, despite the lack of memory plays more about the built relationship that technically is shadowed, but not fully formed. It's now about accepting her feelings, instead of herself.
>>
>>135927434
She's bland looking and has a boring personality.
>>
>>135927434
Because she has to deal with a very real problem of being a useless piece of shit who doesn't know what she wants to do with her life. And then she deals with it and becomes a better person by being less basic and actually wanting to do something with her life. This is something I haven't actually seen anyone acomplish irl yet so by overcoming this particular problem she becomes a relatable character I can actually root for.
>>
File: Wf53x8M.png (290 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
Wf53x8M.png
290 KB, 680x680
>>135927434
because she's SHIT

DOKURO SHOULD'VE HAVE WON
FUCK THIS WORLD

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>135927434
I'm sorry I don't know her what does she do again?
I don't remember normies in my mangos.
>>
>>135927434
People over state her plainness. At the end of the day she's still an anime girl but compared to actual goddesses I guess its all relative.

Still I wish the so-called plain girl would win more but I guess magical super special girl is pretty much a guaranteed win in most cases.
>>
>>135928836
>SHOULD'VE HAVE
>>
>>135927434
A girl used as a cop out by the author to escape flak.
>>
>>135928916
>Gets flak anyway
Flawless plan
>>
>>135927434
She's nice and relatable.
Also not a moeblob.
>>
File: 1445823230014.jpg (3 MB, 3848x3984) Image search: [Google]
1445823230014.jpg
3 MB, 3848x3984
>>135927434
She was the only one who liked Keima before he tried to manipulate girls feelings. The whole point of the ending was Keima realizing that it's shitty to manipulate girls into liking you. It was a good ending. Only other acceptable option was Diana, but Tenri was shit so it was impossible
>>
>>135929079
>Also not a moeblob.
Hilarious. All the girls in the series were moeblobs.
>>
>>135927434
Because she's mai waifu
>>
>>135929113
So I guess Haqua didn't exist?
>>
>>135929674
Yeah. You though demon is real or What?
>>
>>135927434
She was that friend A in dating sims
>>
>>135927434
She had a ton of development and created a ton of development for Keima, probably the most interesting of the series. She caused the best plot twists of the series and some of the best speculation. You could feel how much effort was put into the setup and paneling of her chapters, even the early ones. She always felt like she had agency as a character. Her character was fun while she was abrasive and straightforward and relatable once fully revealed. She played the game on Keima's level and kept him off balance which was fun. There are several extremely strong emotional beats to her character arc. She's crushed at the height of her openness which played with the emotions of the audience so effectively that nearly everyone hated the main character for a while. I cried at every version of the concert.

>>135929674
Haqua was always destined to rule the demon world.
>>
>>135930213
>Friend A
Kek more like a background character that's probably fucking faceless that's what she is.
>>
File: miyako.png (213 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
miyako.png
213 KB, 640x960
>not pairing Keima with the true 'normal' literal background character
He blew it.
>>
>>135930861
That fucking arm
>>
File: chihiro.jpg (55 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
chihiro.jpg
55 KB, 600x400
>>135930269
Come on, being a background character is suffering
>>
>>135930861
I don't know how Keima overlooked a girl like her. She's one of the few girls who never treated him like shit or criticized him and she's no nobody.
>>
>>135931468
*her with his 3dpd mentality
>>
>>135928636
And Haqua?
>>
>>135931468
>never treated him like shit.

Were you reading the same manga? She wrestling pinned him for little to no reason, annoyed the heck out of him by repeatedly bugging him about romantic rumours while he desperately tried to change the subject and said he'd never find anyone to love him. And that's just off the top of my head. She constantly looked down on him and not in a tsundere way, in a dismissive way.
>>
>>135931588
And Tenri.
>>
>>135929113
To this day it still amazes me how anyone could think harem ending had the slightest chance. Did they even read the manga?
>>
>>135931635
Tenri got tons of pickup bullshit in the time travel arc.
>>
>>135931633
Post the chapter because it sounds like you're exaggerating the shit out of some comedy scene.
>>
>>135931777
It's three separate encounters. One is when he's walking with Ayumi around the mid goddess arc and she shows up and constantly changes the subject to Kanon. One is at her house in Aymui's recapture when her mother tells him to be quiet and she pins him nonchalantly (its comedic but most of the times the girls treat him "like shit" are comedic). The comedic aspect of her telling the rest of the non-demon band members that someone like Keima will never find love was the blushes that occurred on their faces unbeknownst to her afterwards.
>>
>>135927434
Chihiro a cute. CUTE!
>>
What happened with the Kanon spin-off? Did it end or something?
>>
>>135932107
probably died. I always felt it was really phoned in unfortunately.
I think a Shiori spin off after the events of the series would have been great though.
>>
>>135931933
None of those are as bad as you made them out to be. She doesn't mind Keima vs being disgusted of him. The last one makes sense as far as anyone from her position would believe because Keima is a reclusive nijikon dismissive of 3d; that's why she says he wouldn't find anyone, not because he's a "disgusting nerd" or whatever.
>>
>>135927434
I didn't like her because she's plain and normal but she fits Keima because she's the antithesis to Keima's ideal.
>>
>>135932295
I never insinuated that she was disgusted by him, she's dismissive of him.
My main point is that she doesn't treat him any better than the heroines, (slightly worse actually as he usually has to incur their wrath in some way) if they "treated him like shit" then so did she.
And he has personal reasons not to like her because she annoys him.
>>
File: Miyako.jpg (75 KB, 1360x646) Image search: [Google]
Miyako.jpg
75 KB, 1360x646
>>135930861
>>135931468
My Miyabro
>>
>>135933616
Demeter!
>>
Chihiro is shit and most of the comments agree with me.
>>
>>135935577
You are shit, just like Kanon
>>
>>135935577
>comments
Go back to reddit
>>
>>135927434
She was tsundere and the manga sold her as a normal girl.
>>
>>135927434
Not best girl.
>>
>>135927434
Chihiro is shit. She didn't have enough mention of her in the previous arc and only in the last arc did her character was build up. The only reason that she won because the author assistant liked her and threaten the author to make her win. This was made obvious after the ending was slightly changed afterwards to not imply so much on Chihiro winning.
>>
I don't like her.
But I still don't dislike her.

That's the problem, I don't care about her, when she won, I wasn't angry, I just felt disappointment that girls I cared for more didn't win or get a happier ending.
>>
>>135927434
She's 3DPD
>>
>>135927434
Feels like a full character. Entertaining, amusing banter with protagonist, cute, generally likable, one of the few girls in harems who actually makes perfect sense as a winner.
>>
>>135940813
>tsundere
>confessed to Keima first
>And on her own
>>
>>135929113
>Diana
pf, what? No.

Haqua if anything.
>>
Honestly, she was the obvious choice to win. She was the antithesis to all the girls that Keima had to conquer. The fact that she encapsulated the 'normal' girl meant that she was the perfect fit for Keima.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.