[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I still haven't watched the second half of UBW. What happens?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: 1446996152499.jpg (2 MB, 3543x4455) Image search: [Google]
1446996152499.jpg
2 MB, 3543x4455
I still haven't watched the second half of UBW.

What happens?
>>
>>135925479
Watch it and find out then stop making shitty threads
>>
>>135925566
ok
>>
>>135925479
Asspulls. Also get your fucking faggot ass up and watch it yourself so you can cry about it.
>>
>>135927932
>Asspulls
There are none secondary.
>>
>>135925479
I don't know. I've actually dropped both Zero and UBW at around episode 19.
A first I was eagerly awaiting every episode but it always became super boring at the end.
>>
>>135927971
Sure if you believe so i'll totally trust you.
>>
>>135927997
Gilfag
>>
>>135928093
So everyone who disagrees with you is a gilfag? Good to know. Thanks for the enlightenement
>>
>>135927932
>Asspulls
Just out of curiosity. Anything particular you had in mind?

About the most prominent thing I can think of is Archer not dispersing. But to be frank, that was foreshadowed as fuck when they went over the class abilities, and again when they went over Gilgamesh and how he was a Servant.
>>
File: enhs2ee.jpg (99 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
enhs2ee.jpg
99 KB, 1024x768
>>135928093
Shut up you fucking shiroufag. Shirou shouldn't have won. How the fuck and when was Shirou able to run or react faster then a fucking servant.
>>
>>135928258
There is a Projecting for you.
>>
>>135928291
I'm reporting you
>>
>>135928190
Name a single ass pull in UBW

>>135928258
>Zero image
>not knowing how tracing works
Secondaries
>>
>>135928255
UBW is by far the worst route in VN. The characterization suck ass and turned FSN into a cheap self insert powerlevel fantasy.

I despise Gil, but the climax was forced bullshit and anyone who disagrees is obviousely too enamored with the idea of Shirou as a self insert to be honest about it. ARCHER SHOULD BE FUCKING DEAD. He was already weakened and fading and got trashed badly.

Rin as heroine did absolutely nothing either in the end. She was by far the weakest one with Sakura becoming far more useful in the last stages of HF and Saber remaining consistently decent in Fate route.

It's just the worst route. The only saving grace was the Archer vs Shirou battle, and Winter Forest. Anime did improve Medea as midboss. She was too laughable in the VN and the anime made her menacing with that bus hijack.
>>
>>135928325
>Shiro beating any servant

Here.

Basically this >>135928421 minus the Shiro beating anything.
>>
File: FateZero.png (47 KB, 200x113) Image search: [Google]
FateZero.png
47 KB, 200x113
Reminder that the best character in all fate is ribro
>>
>>135928421
>but the climax was forced bullshit
It was foreshadowed and consistent, the opposite of forced bullshit

>ARCHER SHOULD BE FUCKING DEAD.
A servant body is nothing more than a mana construct with only two vital points - head and heart(the so called spiritual cores from which the rest of body is built up). Gil simply did not hit them and after that Archer went into hiding, conserving his last bits of mana and following the main characters in secret. Read the VN

>Rin as heroine did absolutely nothing either in the end.
She's the reason Shirou -- and Archer -- can smile.

> Anime did improve Medea as midboss.
kek
>>
>>135928488
It's a perfect storm. Shirou could copy Archer's Reality Marble since Archer is himself, has Rin's mana to actually be able to use it, said Reality Marble is the perfect counter to Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon which had been foreshadowed, and he still only wins because Gilgamesh goes easy on him for more than half their battle, which is his character.

He couldn't beat another Servant even with his Reality Marble but it lets him match Gil sword for sword. And when Gil's pride makes him hesitate while drawing Ea, it leaves him wide open.
>>
>>135928508
>zerofags in charge of not saving thumbnails
>>
>>135925479
Drop this shit and go play EXTRA games
>>
>>135925479
No Sakura and Rider screentime
>>
>>135928421
>ARCHER SHOULD BE DEAD
You know what? I actually agree. In fact that's what I thought happened, he just fucking died after that last fight and the Archer that helped him at the end was Counter Guardian Emiya. I mean it was a logical conclusion to reach, he flat out looked different and it made sense since after the encounter with himself his outlook changed for the better, plus Gil at that point was about to start fucking up humanity with grail-kun. Of course the plot in your head is sometimes way better than what the game had up its sleeve though, of him just secretly sticking around like a cockroach.
>>
>>135928421
Opinions. But none of these are asspulls. And that's not an opinion.
>>
File: 1412093194100.png (799 KB, 776x1325) Image search: [Google]
1412093194100.png
799 KB, 776x1325
>>135928421
>I despise Gil, but the climax was forced bullshit

People who say this don't understand the entire theme running through the route: imitation vs original.

Shirou is a fake. He has an imitation ideal, and a power that results from imitating. The entire story focuses on this concept, and whether or not it's wrong.

The conclusion of the Archer fight tells you that he's okay with himself and his dream, but the narrative needs to put the guy to the test, to show, rather than tell, that he can be a hero. Gil is the ultimate opportunity here.

Gil is the original Heroic Spirit. He holds all the original weapons, and has a dream of killing countless people. By Shirou overcoming Gil, it proves he has what it takes to follow through with his goal, and it proves that imitating isn't inherently or inferior.

People who say it's forced are completely blind to the story laid out in front of them. There are some layers to FSN, and while I'm not saying it's high literature, the themes here are something you should be able to understand if you took middle school English.
>>
File: 0229.jpg (207 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
0229.jpg
207 KB, 800x600
>>135929892
>and the Archer that helped him at the end was Counter Guardian Emiya. I mean it was a logical conclusion to reach, he flat out looked different and it made sense
What? No.
Counter Guardians don't even have a will. You wouldn't hold a casual yet heart warming conversation about taking care of their younger selves or even pleading to make a contract with one. That's not what a counter guardian is.

And while F/SN did cover guardians quite a bit. The counter force loosely covered at best and just poorly at worst. So you wouldn't expect the counter force to come into play here.

Nothing about the work implies that it would have ever been a counter guardian. Nor would that have made any sense.
>>
>>135929892
A CG is only dispatched as janitors. If Gil won, the whole of Fuyuki would have been cleaned up.
>>
>>135928488
Why do people think Shirou fighting servants is wrong? Are their brains melted from post-VN content where that's become somewhat taboo?

Cause he didn't do it in just UBW. Do people forget that Fate Shirou, yeah, /Fate/ Shirou cut off Berserker's arm?

That's completely ignoring that Rin took one of his lives.

Humans fighting servants is, while hard, not impossible, as established in the original story. HF Shirou killed Berserker, too.

While in UBW, it's more prominent (it's the route where Shirou is just straight up the most active), it's not particularly jarring.
>>
>>135930203
They started with Zero I'm guessing.
>>
>>135930376
What's funny is that Nasu talked about how Peak Kerry and Kirei could fight servants too.
>>
>>135928421
This
>>
You just wanted to give the guy another (you).

I'm not giving you one, though.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.