[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3x3 thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 16
File: 3x3.jpg (281 KB, 928x928) Image search: [Google]
3x3.jpg
281 KB, 928x928
My first mosaic. I decided to follow the advice of certain anon and put only my most precious treasures in this mosaic. They're not perfect, I know that, specially Chobits and Sailor Moon, and you could say that Evangelion is a little overrated and Higurashi (only the anime) don't deserve to be there, but they were important for me in the past. This is my childhood. Please rate me, and don't be afraid of being hard with me.
Originally, I had planned to put Princess Tutu in the place of Chobbits, and Paranoia Agent or Lain in the place of Higurashi and Sailor Moon, but I decided to leave it like that. This was actually very funny to do, maybe I'm going to make my mosaic more bigger later and place more things in it, like movies, manga and other things.
>>
File: 3x3.jpg (385 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
3x3.jpg
385 KB, 900x900
Pleb.

True patrician coming through.
>>
>>135924011
Anon pls. I bet none of those mosaics are yours.
>>
File: 3x3.jpg (386 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
3x3.jpg
386 KB, 900x900
>>135924011
If you're gonna post that, here's the corrected one.
>>
>>135924127
Wouldn't it be worse if one of those were his? Would mean he's pretty self-centered.
>>
>>135924171
I don't mind that, I'm here to learn.
>>
>>135923848
It looks perfect anon, Since it's only yours,

Also, don't listen to contrarians, Evangelion and Sailor Moon definitely deserve their praise. In a sense I'd say they are underrated, bare with me here. There might be lots of people praising those shows but for trivial reasons, while they actually should be regarded highly as really technically, well-crafted pieces of art. My point is most people don't realize how great they are.

Higurashi and Chobits aren't exactly to the same standard, but as I mentioned. What's important is that you liked them in the end.

Also, since you liked Sailor Moon have you seen Utena? It's an anime the director of its later seasons worked on and many consider it his masterpiece. You could say it's kind of like a combination of Sailor Moon and Evangelion. It starts off as a sort of obscure shoujo anime and gradly becomes more dark, surreal and psychological.
>>
File: i am legend.jpg (254 KB, 920x920) Image search: [Google]
i am legend.jpg
254 KB, 920x920
>>135923848
Good but observe how it's done.

Less is more.
>>
>>135923848
Cancer thread alert.

Cancer thread alert.
>>
>>135924412
No, I haven't watched yet, and that embarrassed me a lot because I know how good it is. Many people had told me that is good, so I'll watch it later, perhaps this week. I'm very tired and a little drunk, sorry for my english. Also, thank you for being so kind with me.
>>
>>135924746
>Cancer
Why? This kind of threads are very common in /a/, just because some shitposter likes to appear in here doesn't make 3x3 threads bad.
>>
>>135924419
>>135924011
>>135924138
Observe how it's really done
>>
>>135924814
>doesn't make 3x3 threads bad.
You are probably that faggot who likes his 3x3 way more than his own life.
>>
>>135925090
No, I'm OP. This is my first time, and yes, sometimes this kind of threads becomes very cancerous and worthless, but there's some people here that are pretty interesting, some has very good taste in diverse things like movies, books or comics, anime too of course. You can learn a lot just watching their conversation.
>>
>>135924412
>Utena
Someone told me there's a movie, is it worth watching, or is just a complete waste of time?
>>
>>135925847
A waste of time would be not watching it. But check it out only after finishing the series and after having comprehended it, at least its basics.
>>
>>135926212
But is not only a retelling of the story? Why do it then?
>>
File: utena.jpg (874 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
utena.jpg
874 KB, 1920x1080
>>135926283
Because it's beautiful, seriously they just poured money into making it one striking visual spectacle. The seres already looks great, but here it's like they just put an effort into making every shot looking spectacular.

It's a retelling but it's not just the same shit from the series condensed like you have with all those anime compilation movies. It's a slightly different narrative with slightly changed characters but ultimately explores the same themes and tells the same message.

Plus, I don't need to convince you now. If you'll really like the series you'll be probably craving for more.
>>
>>135926708
It seems that you really enjoyed this anime, I'm actually really glad to heard that. I was looking for something to watch and kill some time. I hope to enjoy this anime a lot. This season does not seem very promising, except for Boku dake ga Inai Machi, and I was spoiled so meh.
Thanks for the recommendation.
>>
After listening to Beethoven's late string quartets, I just can't enjoy anime anymore. There's nothing anywhere near the same level of sublimity.
>>
>>135926874
This season isn't that bad. Though you mentioned by second favorite so far. Definitely check out Rakugo though.
>>
>>135926982
Yes, I especially liked the superb narratives and visual direction in his work. Great gameplay too.
>>
>>135927030
>Rakugo
Okay, I'm going to do that. Sorry for not replying, I had to go outside for a moment.
>>
File: 2x2.jpg (92 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
2x2.jpg
92 KB, 600x600
>>135923848
6.5/8
>>135924419
4.5/5
>>
>>135924138
>>135924011
6/9
>>
File: [My Taste].png (2 MB, 1401x1401) Image search: [Google]
[My Taste].png
2 MB, 1401x1401
Can't help it but Dezaki made stuff that hits all the right spots for me.

>>135923848
3/5
>>
File: Favorite-Stuff-1.gif (4 MB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Favorite-Stuff-1.gif
4 MB, 600x400
>>135923848
Not too bad for your first time. Not all series need to be perfect. Technically nothing in any medium is perfect anyways. I like the feeling of warmth I'm getting from your pics as well. And also listen to the anon that said to watch Utena it is great. Little bit more on the symbolic side of the Magical Girl spectrum.
>>135924138
You guys didn't even fix mine.
Here's thee bigger one.
http://i.imgur.com/W4Gzj1p.gif
>>
>>135930080
Which ones?
>>
>>135930282
>Technically nothing in any medium is perfect anyways.
Clearly you have not experienced the glory of Finnegans Wake
>>
>>135930468
I don't read much, but I wish I did. Though I heard James Joyce is a hack or something¿ Am I wrong¿
>>
>>135930565
Just about anyone that gets called "hack" with regularity on 4chan is probably one of the best at what they do. Just like any anime that gets called pretentious or hipster is usually worth a watch.
>>
>>135930565
Yes you're wrong, holy shit. No one here has the authority to call one of the supreme masters of 20th century literature a hack.
>>
>>135930310
Top left, mid right, bottom middle.
>>
>>135930282
No, that one's there specifically because you'be got good taste in the media on that chart. Your manga part is just silly. Why just three titles? Hav you read like four manga?
>>
>>135931928
According to his MAL he completed 10 manga

http://myanimelist.net/profile/nokokami
>>
>>135930282
Glad you added more mosaics. Excellent cartoon taste, what's mid left and bottom mid? Both look familiar as fuck.
>>
>>135932281
Princess Tutu and Tatami Galaxy
>>
>>135924419
You're cuppy, right? Funny guy.
4/6
Please, tell me that you didn't like Umaru for real. I haven't watched Rolling Girls, and what's the one in the bottom middle?
>>135929957
>6.5/8
Which ones, anon?
3/3
That album is Tales from Topographic Oceans, am I right? I heard it a long time ago. Not bad. I don't recognize the video game though.
>>135930190
You really love Dezaki, anon. What do you think of Air?
7/7
I still need to watch Utena, I didn't watched the one in the top left. I know the manga but I didn't watched the anime for some retarded reason.
>>135930282
>Not too bad for your first time.
Thank you very much, I know it's not perfect and that's precisely like I wanted it to be. I wanted to be honest, with myself and you guys, about my tastes I mean.
>I like the feeling of warmth I'm getting from your pics as well.
Do you feel it too? Perfect. I love your taste, anon, and your mosaic is so pretty too.
>>
>>135932272
That's what I'm saying. If someone watched 10 anime and made a 3x1 he'd be torn to pieces here and rightfully so.
>>
>>135932468
>Which ones, anon?
- for Chobits, 0,5 for Toradora,
>I don't recognize the video game though.
It's Pathologic
>>135932399
Pretty sure he meant western cartoons
>>135932281
I know bottom-mid is Megas XLR
>>
>>135932468
Can't help it and I haven't seen the Dezaki KEY movies.

Also gotta say that with my 3x3 the Golgo 13 also counts for the TV series and the OVA for Ashita no Jo only the second part and both the Rurouni Kenshin OVA's.
>>
File: 6x6.jpg (1 MB, 1835x1835) Image search: [Google]
6x6.jpg
1 MB, 1835x1835
>>135923848
4.5/8 though I kind of like you despite the low score.
>>135929957
4/4
>>
>>135932511
>>135931928
He only even has 119 completed TV series, his 3x3 is nearly a tenth of what he has seen. The guy has no fucking taste what so ever, he just watches stuff, plays and reads that people say is "patrician" anime then agrees that it is good. Total follower with no taste of his own what so ever.
>>
I have to go from now. Thanks to everyone for being so nice with me. Not bad for the first time. Not bad at all.
>>135932660
>It's Pathologic
Ah yes, I remember now, that game about some plague, right? I didn't played it yet, but last year I was about to download it in my computer but I completely forgot about the damn game. I've heard this game is really difficult, and I don't consider myself a good gamer at all, so I'm surely going to suck.
>>135932839
Air is very sad, beautiful and moving. Its not his best work, that's for sure. It's good to pass the time. Overall, it's a good story. It loses some charm by the lack of depth in the stories and some characters, but if you like Dezaki it's worth the try. You can blame me later if you don't like it.
>>135932955
28/30
I didn't enjoyed Shiki for some reason. I dropped the anime in like the seven episode, but I could be wrong. It's been so long since I watched it. I didn't watched Tanuki, Utena and the one in the bottom middle.
>>
>>135933583
>I have to go for now.
fixed, sorry. Bye.
>>
I've been lurking for a long time and I still can't understand how these things work. Could someone explain?
>>
>>135933655
You put your favourites on 9 squares, most people use mosaic maker on bighugelabs post it and rate other peoples favourites in the following format "liked/seen".
>>
This was a very comfy thread.
>>
File: 3x3.jpg (281 KB, 920x920) Image search: [Google]
3x3.jpg
281 KB, 920x920
>>135933703
Thanks. Here's mine.
>>
>>135934251
People tend to ignore your 3x3 if you don't rate other peoples, although sometimes someone might anyway.
>>
>>135934358
>I seriously didn't realize this at first
>>135923848
3/3. Not enough people talk about Chobits.
>>
File: mosaic animes.jpg (290 KB, 920x920) Image search: [Google]
mosaic animes.jpg
290 KB, 920x920
I love it.
>>
File: 3x3aniem.jpg (302 KB, 928x937) Image search: [Google]
3x3aniem.jpg
302 KB, 928x937
>>135923848
3/3

>>135924419
cupshit/5, -Umaru, Rolling Girls, Kill me, KlK

>>135930282
4/4

>>135932955
5/6, -Tanuki

>>135934251
I'll rate
6/8, -Oreimo, Angel Beats

>>135934612
4/4
>>
>>135933279
That's some dumb logic. I watch anime series that intrigue me. Also
>Trudging through trash to find taste
I know that's not the case, but you guys have so many series, but you will never change your 3x3's for years, because they are established series that you guys like. Which is fine, but doesn't matter to me at all. Sure I've only completed well over 100 anime, but you should know I'm a Quality over Quantity guy. I don't watch anime for casual watching or putting it on the background. I intently watch to see if it is good or not or I would drop em all together. My average score scale makes up for that. Also I will try anything if given the time. I'm just taking a break from Anime and starting to read more manga. I will take out that manta 3x1 if you guys don't like it on there or if it gives a sense of someone not experienced in manga.
You can say I have no taste, but you can at least acknowledge that I'm extremely picky with what I got. I do the same with every other medium.
>>135932281
Venture Brothers and Megas XLR.
>>
>>135934916
You aren't picky at all you just watch what you think the most respectable authorities on that genre say is good and then agree with them that it is good. Fake taste, posturing for praise. Your whole fucking personality screams it. Looking to be accepted as "patrician" pathetic really.
>>
Do you guys save other's 3x3s?
>>
>>135934916
>I will take out that manta 3x1 if you guys don't like it on there or if it gives a sense of someone not experienced in manga
You tell me, if someone watched 10 live-action films, would you think they could make good judgement of the medium? Even if they watched the top 10 movies from some critics or a collaboration of directors list

>but you should know I'm a Quality over Quantity guy
Most people here are, especially the regular posters. You think there are only 100 anime of significant quality? And how can you even judge the quality of the thousands of anime you haven't seen.

If you watch only the highly regarded stuff you'll only see the things that appeal to the largest amount of people. Not the ones that in the end would appeal the most to me. When I enjoy a highly regarded work, I don't just stop there I try to branch off and see what else the director or other cast members have worked on.
>>
>>135935336
>And how can you even judge the quality of the thousands of anime you haven't seen.
This pretty much. How can you even tell what is quality and what isn't unless you have seen bad and good? The only possible way is if you appropriate other peoples opinions as your own, they tell you what is good and bad and you accept that. Like I said fake taste, just regurgitating other peoples opinions.
>>
>>135934972
What? Then how about the majority here? Most of the time when I want to watch an anime that seems interesting by me I go and look up the directors that are involved of each of their works. When I chose to watch Area 88. I had no idea what it was about and just blindly watched it. Same with Mawaru Penguindrum and Towards to Terra. It just happens that /a/ just has the same series in 3x3s all the time. I mean if I was following /a/ logic I should love Welcome to the NHK, Madoka, Steins Gate, and Fate Stay Night. I never had the mentality to be accepted into a category of people. It's like rec threads. If someone recommended me something to read or watch then fine. Of course I'll give it a chance.
>>
>>135935498
I don't follow your line of reasoning at all and I don't know what /a/ logic you refer to. I am saying that you as a person choose what to watch by watching what the people you think represent good taste say is good and then simply appropriate their taste and have none of your own.
>>
>>135932955
I don't get it. Why isn't Midori-Ko on this chart of yours. You have it on your essentials 3x3, shouldn't you have it on this on then?
>>
>>135935790
>essentials 3x3
What?
>>
>>135935790
Maybe I should. I just put whatever I feel like into a new 3x3 whenever I want to make one. And Kurosaka is already represented in the shorts 3x3 anyway.
>>
>>135935932
Is that from that compilation one based on some poems? Windy days or something like that.
>>
>>135935978
Yeah, Winter Days. It's extremely short but I wanted to represent him as an animator more than just Midori-ko specifically, and I loved that shot from his Winter Days contribution so I just slapped it on there.
>>
>>135935449
That's true that I probably have less experience then others when I watch a series, but that requires digging. If I was starting to watch anime like I did in 2004. I would generally watch the series that people generally liked first to get rid of em. I know I haven't seen every good anime yet. I was watching most of Dezaki's work at one time, but got side tracked into rewatching series with my friends. Same with my Andrei Tarkovsky watch through. I know there are a lot more out there to offer. And also in my own naivety I didn't know how Bakabt worked so I stopped watching anime for a long while (Still have to watch Ace wo Narae). I just get side tracked by other mediums as well. Most of this year I didn't listen to much music or watched a lot of films. I was mostly preoccupied by anime or games.
>>135935580
But that is an odd statement to say when most of your arguments is in a thread with people with typically similar tastes. I can be more contrarian if I needed to be one, but that won't come by until I watch more anime. It's like saying I shouldn't enjoy my favorite series because other people do. I mean what series are you criticizing me by saying I share tastes with others. Sure Tatami Galaxy and LoGH are the most chosen, but what you are saying is that it is bad because it represents that I'm just copying other peoples tastes because these series are some of the most regarded anime ever. You see it is easy to see that your just being contrarian to me because I have seen fewer series then most. Which I can improve upon watching more. You can call me a newfag and all, but it is always true that I can find more series by myself with more experience. I can grow into that.
>>
>>135936118
>It's like saying I shouldn't enjoy my favorite series because other people do.

No it isn't like saying that at all. I am saying that your favourite series are determined by what other people who you think have good taste think is good. Your taste has no personality what so ever, it isn't about being contrarian and hating things that are good at all. Someone who has actually watched a lot might like some of those same things and call them favourites aswell but they will also like things that aren't like they are straight off of the top 20 anime ever as decided by the "patrician" community list. And it isn't just your anime that is like that, everything on your list is like that. You go from medium to medium and gain a superficial appreciation for "the best" of that medium by merely consuming that which those who you think are most worthy of listening to say is good but have no real appreciation for it because, due to a lack of experience, you have no idea what the difference is between good and bad. There is no personality in your preferences either because of this lack of experience. People tend to find that things that might not be highly rated by others generally with resonate more with them and that is what really shows your taste up as fake. Everything there is "100% patrician approved" and screams "look at me guys, I have good taste right? Do I fit in with the patrician crowd yet?"
>>
>>135936444
But all the users from this list could easily fit that description:
>>135924011
>>
>>135936767
No not really. The only one besides his even being close to that is top mid.
>>
>>135936444
I don't see how anything on my list is special in any way. If that is the case I might as well leave 4chan a bit and get my bearings. I have no idea what your saying in my tastes in other mediums as well. I've never gone to/TV/ or even gone on IMDB. All I did was look up stuff on the Contrarian Collection and chose films that interested me and then I went and watch the rest for the directors that I enjoy. And Music is subjective as it is. How can you say that you are for sure that my music taste is following some sort of group? My favorite genre are represented on there as it goes. Also all those cartoons are stuff I watched when I was either a kid or I enjoyed as an adult. I haven't watched Samurai Jack in 10 years, but it left such a strong experience to me at that time.
I mean my film experience is closed in by the fact most of it is in a film collection and stuff that is recommended by my teachers or friends that I talk to.
I'm not saying I'm an Enthusiast in any of these mediums. I just pick things that seem alright or cool. I'm not going to hype myself up as this open minded individual.
>>
>>135936926
>Contrarian Collection
This is exactly why your taste looks like that.
>>
>>135937042
I know that and maybe that's why it fits in a specific niche. Also to add I watch most if not all of the movies nominated for Oscars (I know most of it is either shit or great).
>>
>>135936926
Also to add. Most of my music is either instrumentals or have lyrics but are typically loud, screaming, or depressing. The only exception is Close to the Edge, but that's typically because i cried while listening to it the first time. I typically like dark yet beautiful or aggressive music.
>>
>>135937372
In some ways you are no worse than the people who come here with entry level tastes and haven't really seen much but the fact that you take from others what is good and just watch that bothers me. At least those with entry level tastes have been completely genuine, I mean you may genuinely like what you have seen and if its good that isn't surprising but if you only watch what others say is good you will never have any real taste. You might as well not exist and be a list on a top 100 site instead if that is the case. Those lists can be a good starting point I agree with that much but at some point you really need to start branching out from that, I usually look at staff members and go from there, and then developing your own preferences based on having seen what is bad and thus being able to appreciate what is good.
>>
>>135937761
I'm starting to see your view and I actually agree 100% that I probably don't appreciate anime, manga, and video games as much as my films or music. And that all comes down to the fact that I haven't actually experienced the bad side to know what is actually good or appreciate the goodness of my favorite series. Which is why I'm probably going to go 4chan black out for most of this year, because I understand the importance of watching more and gaining more knowledge of a medium in that way. I guess the reason why I have such a safe mentality has to come down to me buying video games and considering if any are worth my time and money since they are rather expensive. Where as when I was a kid I got what ever the fuck looked interesting.
>>
>>135938187
I mean if you think about it, what kind of argument can you really make for why Ashita no Joe is better than say Hajime no Ippo? The only things you have to say are "It was directed by Osamu Dezaki and he is highly respected" and "It is considered an all time classic anyone with good taste agrees" nothing relating why it is better than the other that is actually to do with the properties of the shows themselves.
>>
>>135938312
I actually feel ashamed for putting up that damn review. I never ever made an essay on quantifying what is good or bad. I actually want to delete it as well. And I was being ignorant. It was self-mastabatory crap that I wrote because I was bored one day and needed to do something.

Also it was my first review I've ever written and I know I can get better at it with more experience with my time. Which is why I prefer to just watch/read more.
>>
File: 1435178854106.gif (453 KB, 426x755) Image search: [Google]
1435178854106.gif
453 KB, 426x755
>there are people who post in these threads who haven't seen more than 300 anime
>>
File: Coffee.gif (392 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
Coffee.gif
392 KB, 500x332
>>135938783
Bye /a/! I'm going to disappear and come back next year on January 10th 2017!
>>
>>135924011
Have any of them actually seen more than 200 anime? I know mid-right hasn't.
>>
File: 3x3 v2.jpg (239 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
3x3 v2.jpg
239 KB, 900x900
>>135923848
++ Toradora
+/- Eva, Chobits

>>135924419
++ Rolling Girls, KLK

>>135929957
+ EoE

>>135930282
++ Tatami, Haibane
+/- Aria, NGE, Punpun

>>135932955
+++ Lain
++ Dennou Coil
+ Nichijou
+/- Whisper of the Heart

>>135934251
++ Katanagatari
+ Haruhi, Monogatari, Oreimo, Angel Beats, YuYuShiki
+/- Spice and Wolf

>>135934612
+++ Lain
++ FMA

>>135934652
+++ Mushishi
++ NNB, Ping Pong, Katanagatari
+ Kino, Monogatari
>>
>>135938558
I don't really know what review you are even talking about to be honest.
>>
>>135939072
I'm mid left I would estimate somewhere between 600-700 conservatively.
>>
>>135939844
>estimate
Just log all of your completed series on MAL.
>>
>>135939890
What a waste of time.
>>
>>135939933
A bigger waste of time than posting in 3x3 threads?
>>
>>135940001
Definitely, I don't even tend to do that very much any more though. I rarely even come to /a/.
>>
>>135939890
Why only series and not movies and ovas?
>>
>>135939167
4/7
>>135934652
6/8
>>135934612
5/8
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.