[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Almost done watching Mai-HiME, and planning on watching Mai-Otome
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: tokiha mai.jpg (36 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
tokiha mai.jpg
36 KB, 600x450
Almost done watching Mai-HiME, and planning on watching Mai-Otome next.

But, fuck, there is just so many things that are just frustrating in this trainwreck of a series. Is Mai-Otome the same?
>>
>>135923044
I can say same premise/plot.
>>
>>135923293
What's different?
>>
>>135923539
Not him but Mai-HiME has only vanilla hetero and yuri. Mai-Otome is full on lolicon hetero and /ll/ and yuri.

Joking aside, Mai-Otome is about Arika, braid-girl in the most final scene in HiME.

The plot is a train-wreck: lost princesses, royal bloodlines, cults and territorial invasions, tentacle hentai, ironic yuri rape and DEAD MOM GIVES YOU POWER UP ZWEI MODE!
>>
File: i320.jpg (17 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
i320.jpg
17 KB, 320x240
Natsuki...
>>
>>135923044
Mai Hime is the better one. If you didn't like it, then you are probably gonna hate Mai Otome
>>
>>135923044
ITT: Lets name all the good things about Mai-HiME

I'll start:
>Music by Yuki Kajiura
>>
>>135924132
Well, I guess I got to look for some other anime to watch over this break :/

Seriously, there is just so many things that pisses me off, the only good thing was probably Natsuki and the executive committee pair.

At worst, I just couldn't stand that brainless fuck Mikoto. She does not even know how to think! And also that student council president. Her attitude is just the worst.
>>
File: 1451262444029.jpg (109 KB, 827x902) Image search: [Google]
1451262444029.jpg
109 KB, 827x902
>>135923044
Otome isn't as good.
>>
>>135924398
Well, part of the reason I liked Hime is that it gives you enough reasons to dislike everyone. All of the girls make stupid mistakes and do horrible thing to each other on the second half of the series, but at the same time you kinda understand why they are doing it and every chapter the posbilities of a good end become less and less posible. Too bad the actual ending is complete shit

Mai Otome is more of a straightfoward good vs evil king of thing. Both have their moments of forced drama, but the setting is more optimistic and it resembles more a shonen series in plot.
>>
I've never actually watched Mai Hime but the soundtrack is fucking amazing
Back when Kajiura was still great
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.