[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Goodnight Punpun Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: 008.png (664 KB, 1965x1400) Image search: [Google]
008.png
664 KB, 1965x1400
Who else has depression?
>>
depression is a meme illness
>>
>>135921432
thats bait tho
>>
I got over it two years ago.
>>
>>135921432
forced post
>>
File: punpun_smile_zps92667ddb.jpg (74 KB, 300x274) Image search: [Google]
punpun_smile_zps92667ddb.jpg
74 KB, 300x274
be happy anon. life is so cool!
>>
>>135921412

Not depressed but Pun Pun puts shit in perspective and very successfully builds up the sense of loss that hits like a truck in the end.
>>
blogshit
>>
im confused on what God represents. I think its his Id or his selfishness.
>>
File: sad rustle.jpg (170 KB, 619x834) Image search: [Google]
sad rustle.jpg
170 KB, 619x834
>>135921910
No kidding, I just finished this a few hours ago and despite having the ending spoiled for me, I just can't get over it.

>>135922112
>Id
Would make sense since it tells him to act on his impulses in the most primitive ways
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-08-23-03-50.png (268 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-08-23-03-50.png
268 KB, 480x854
Punpun has made me realize how depressed i really am and how my life will most likely have no meaning.
;_;
>>
Punpun almost made me kill myself, and i still get the urge whenever i see it come up
>>
Guy had no money problems, could make friends, could get girls, a caring family, could get a job easy enough and was educated
Punpun was just a lazy shit who complained like a bitch for no reason other than he could. 2/10 manga
>>
>>135924977
Umm, thats what pun pun realizes in the middle of the manga if you read it.
>>
Literally
>"If the girl I like doesn't like me back she becomes a dumpster slut who commits suicide. And it's all because she rejected me all those years ago"

bullshit otaku pedantry. Girl likes hot guy = now it's the "When you let go of my hand" h-manga.
>>
>>135925234

No he doesn't it jsut turns into
>bloo bloo bloo this girl from my childhood doesn't love me
>waahhh i'm so alone even though XYZ talks to him
>god awful side story trying to be deep

Turned so melodramatic for no reason
>>
>>135925629
Thats the story, he weeps for this girl because in his mind he thinks thats all that was meant for him in this world, but in reality everyone is there for him but he refuses and keeps persisting on aiko and blaming her for his situations even though it was his fault. But come on, its better and different than most other manga.
>>
>>135925857
Also to add the only thing I hated that came out of this is how everyone says it will make you commit suicide, which is stupid. If they think some Japanese comic is going to make them kill themselves then why did they even pick it up in the first place?
>>
>>135925329
>>135925629
Some one was a pampered autist
>>
>>135925857
It's so self-masturbatory because Aiko is the one who actually is having a hard life, and here comes some ridiculous virgin loser who has built his entire adult life around a few interactions they had as children.

Even her suicide it's shown to the reader like "Boohoo poor Pun-pun". She literally did nothing to deserve meeting back up with that fag in her hour of need.

If she probably met with any other childhood friend-type person she'd have checked herself into a mental hospital and started taking the necessary steps to treat her depression. But "hurr punpun did nothing wrong, now he can finally move on and be happy"
>>
>>135925918
>pampered autist

I read this several times and I don't really know what you're trying to imply.

Do you think girls who dump you should all commit suicide because they picked someone hotter than you or what?
>>
>>135925918

Are you trying to be ironic

>>135925857

So then why the fuck is everyone saying it made them feel depressed when its clear he's wrote a whiny manchild
>>
>>135926043
I tought it was perfectly clear that Aiko suicide was his fault. There were many things he could have done right in that trip to help her, but he was too tormented by the murder to notice that she was the one who was suffering the most. But the manga made that point very clear and I don't thing her suicide was shown in a "poor Punpun" way, but as a inevitable consequence of their own delusions.
>>
>>135926555
If the manga made it clear that it's his fault it wouldn't have ended on such a good note.

It's like if some dude raped a bunch of people and then was like "yeah rape is wrong" so he's immediately absolved and gets a happy ending.

Typically in stories you prove that a character is responsible for a tragedy by not allowing them to have a happy ending.
But whatever Asano is a newagefag who's manga is only publishable because of the art anyways. Half the stuff is bottom-barrel josei plots.
>>
PunPuns mom getting side dick was hilarious though.
>>
>>135926712
Well, you certantly have a good point, but I could try to argue that at the end he's very much aware of his responsability in Aiko's death and it is implied that what follows in his life is a search for redemption (al least that's what I got from the conversation he has with her on his dream, but maybe I'm wrong and biased cause I really liked this manga and wanted the ending to make sense).
>>
Punpun isn't depressed, he's just a fucking asshole.
>>
I'm gonna read it. What am I in for?
>>
>>135927304
Cute SoL about a little bird who get to fuck a lot of nice girls.
>>
>>135928213
>you will never have an aunt who cares for you so much that she willing haves sex with you to cheer you up
Why even live?
>>
>>135926712
>If the manga made it clear that it's his fault it wouldn't have ended on such a good note.
But it didnt end in a good note. The author himself said that was the worst possible end for punpun. If you really think punpun went on to be happy, you have probably read the manga at mach 20 speed.
>>
>>135929873
Dude the manga colors got light and he smiled surrounded by his friends.

Worst end would be getting captured by Asian slavers and forced into a sex change. Then starring in a scatological snuff film.
>>
>>135924977
>Guy had no money problems, could make friends, could get girls, a caring family, could get a job easy enough and was educated
Literally almost everything about this is wrong.
>had no money problems
He has barely enough to pay for rent, which is fine by him, but he's not exactly rolling in dough with just a part-time job.
>could make friends
He has literally no one and even forming shallow relationships with his coworkers proves to be too much.
>a caring family
His mother dies, his father is MIA, and he hates them both.
>could get a job easy enough
No. He works a part-time job for most of his adult life.
>and was educated
Does he even go to college? I don't think so, but I could be wrong.
>>
>>135930034
Careful with that edge.
>>
>>135926712
rec me some mangas
>>
>>135928454
>And your uncle doesnt even give a heck, he even loves you more for it!!
>>
How can people interpret that punpun's family cared about him? As I saw it all the adults in his life were so blinded by their own problems and misery they disregarded his opinions about everything to the point where all his negative internal dialogue made him semi insane. This pretty much translated to him that his needs don't matter which negatively impacted his adult life. He was everyones emotional trash bin and nothing more.

The only character that I can remember treating him decently was glasses girl
>>
Was there a point to the sub plot about the cult? I just skipped any pages with them in it
>>
>>135931038double this
>>
File: 1448818005332.png (832 KB, 1240x1118) Image search: [Google]
1448818005332.png
832 KB, 1240x1118
>>135921412
Every time I feel down, I remember that Aiko is dead and I'm glad Punpun doesn't have to deal with her shit anymore
>>
>>135932318
Other than it actually being a suicide cult -- nope.
I read all of it waiting for the revelation of how it's connected to Punpun, yet it never came. It only really affected Shimizu.
>>
>>135933268
>her shit
aiko did literally nothing wrong
>>
File: wpid-alqAccV.jpg (143 KB, 706x1000) Image search: [Google]
wpid-alqAccV.jpg
143 KB, 706x1000
>>135933993
>aiko did literally nothing wrong

She was an affectional vampire too weak to get her shit together by herself and too coward to end herself alone. The mistake Punpun did was to not forget everything about her
>>
>>135933993
she put the burden of a murder she comitted on him
>>
>>135932318
they restarted the world
>>
>>135934466
Yeah, because your parents fucking you up for 20 years isn't enough reason to be weak and affectional
>>
Saddening story, but Punpun only made his situation worse by acting like a combination of /a/ and /r9k/.

I remember my primary school crush and I know she's out there, but it's a sign of severe mental illness if you let that affect your life. But who can blame him? He had no love in his childhood ever. It's extremely easy to become insane simply by not receiving enough love in your childhood.

The author had a few ideas but some of the shit that happened later on was just poor writing.
>>
>>135935904
I really only feel that the suicide cult plot-line was the only not well done part about the story. I mean yeah, the murder was over the top, but it fit in character wise.
>>
>>135935883
I'm not saying it's her fault for being like that. She even has good reasons to be. It was probably too late for her already, at least for Punpun to help her. So the better was to save what was left to save, and that is Punpun.
Aiko dying was for the best
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.