[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk about Rurouni Kenshin. Also, does anyone know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
Let's talk about Rurouni Kenshin.

Also, does anyone know what the mangaka is up to these days? Can't find any recent news on him.
>>
>>135914359
Just started rewatching this shit, then gonna reread it. I know the author did a "reboot" of some fights in honor of the live action film, and then he did a two part special on Shishio. Other than that, no clue.
>>
nostalgiaaaa
>>
Misao best girl
>>
In my opinion , the Trust and Betrayal OVA is one of the greatest things in anime , even to this day.
>>
>>135915425
I know he started some other sword fighting manga about homunculi. Never got into it
though.
>>
Last year he finished a manga called Embalming: The Another Tale of Frankenstein at ten volumes. Looks like he hasn't done anything since. Between the end of Kenshin and that though, he started a Western called Gun Blaze West that was canceled at three volumes, and Busou Renkin which got canceled at ten volumes but managed to wrap everything up, making it a nice short and sweet battle shonen.
>>
I think ill rewatch this again. Dub or Sub /a/?pls no hate
>>
>>135921294
Dub with subtitles.
Im partial to RK dub, but I still like to see accurate subtitles
>>
>>135914359
Maybe he should do a short spin-off of Hiko in the days before he met Kenshin, but was still the current master.

So yes, him going around wrecking everyone's shit.
>>
>>135921153

I liked Busou Renkin
>>
>>135914359

He's probably swimming in cash.
>>
>>135921374
>Maybe he should do a short spin-off of Hiko in the days before he met Kenshin, but was still the current master.

He did that. kinda.
>>
shonen fans nostalgia

anyone wish ANJI was more cooler in the movie? Im glad they got him in at all period though.
>>
>>135914359
>Also, does anyone know what the mangaka is up to these days? Can't find any recent news on him.

A few years back he did Busou Renkin but it wasn't as good.

>>135915425
The anime adaptation is shit though. The entire third season is filler.
>>
>>135918938
And the manga is even better.
>>
>>135922737
You and me both.
>>
>>135914359
>Also, does anyone know what the mangaka is up to these days?
Cashing in on the Kenshin nostalgia every few years.
>>
>>135914359
I've been seeing more and more people talking about this show the past month. Is something going on that's causing it to make a come back? With the TV series it was really popular for a few years and then completely fell away into obscurity and was replaced with Naruto.
>>
I forgot how much I missed the awkward voice acting of the dub.

>something smells like miso soup!
>>
>>135924851

I heard it's on netflix.

haven't checked though
>>
>>135925209
It is on NetFlix.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.