[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Evangelion 3.0 came out three years ago >Majority of opinion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
>Evangelion 3.0 came out three years ago
>Majority of opinion was that it was awful
>Fact is it was a trainwreck and killed the plot of Rebuild
>No trailer, release date, or any info at all regarding the final movie

Evangelion is finally dead
>>
inb4 it was on purpose to get Anno suicidal again
>>
Is it too late to hop on the Rebuild train? or should I skip those movies altogether if they're too shit?
>>
>>135913446
lel
>>
>>135913297
majority opinion is always retarded though.

like opinions that start with
" fact is"
"It's just a fact that"
"People might get offended, but the truth is"
"Looking just at the facts..."

or any other attempt to intellectualize the sentimental grunting of some piece of shit on the internet.

mods please ban eva threads because /a/ is too stupid to talk about eva. thank you.
>>
>>135913661
>majority opinion is always retarded though.
Regardless, 3.33 is a shit movie and represents everything bad about otaku culture in general.

3.33 is the wholesale destruction of goodness itself to please the few, it is the ultimate proof that "yes, otaku are as bad as the stereotype implies they are".

It was bad because the people it pandered to are bad and what they desire is bad.
>>
>>135913547
Watch them only if you really, really, crave more "Eva".

Don't expect some recreation of the original's story. Everything is rushed. The sexual themes aren't even present in Rebuild.

Your only really left with some flashy fight scenes to look forward to, and those fight scenes are "alright". Nothing special. The fights in 1.0 and 2.0 are filled with dull looking CGI. The fights in 3.0 are weird looking, they tried to give them this new "stylish" looking choreogaphy. Like you kind get what they were going for, but it still comes off as unsatisfying.

If you decide to skip on the movies, I just recommend you listen to the soundtracks for 2.0 and 3.0. Really nice stuff.
>>
>>135913297
I just hope that Anno keeps no info about fourth movie until Funi's release of third movie.
>>
>>135914050
That's not even truthful really. Only on a really superficial level.
The Rebuild series represents _before anything else_ Anno's otaku personality, his hatred towards the result of the original series.

You might criticize the CGI, the story, the plot, and you won't be wrong in doing so. It's not good or great. But you are also avoiding the reason for why all of these things had to 'suck', and that is Anno's own otaku personality.

He simply couldn't accept Rei's superiority over the others after the original finished. Now that he has absolute freedom, Rebuild is what he created to combat his own hurt feelings. That is why the plot, characters or story don't make sense, because they're all just means to an end, that end being defamation of Rei and praise of the rest. On fake, vague and insincere grounds.
>>
3.0 is the best of the rebuilds.

Jesus christ you faggots are so afraid of something new.
>>
>>135914960
Well, damn. Screw Anno then.

>defamation of Rei

Yeah, what happened to Rei in 3.0 was extremely bad. I think she'll be redeemed in the next movie though.
>>
>>135915090
>are so afraid of something new.

That definitely explains the anticipation before its release and after the preview.
>>
So, the Rebuilds are all just different versions of the same story, from the original show?

That's kinda odd.
>>135914960
What do you mean by "his hatred towards the result of the original series"? As in, how it turned out, or how people reacted to it, or what? I've heard that he reacted strongly to the poor reception of the original ending, is it something like that but continuous?
>>
>>135914960
You're that butthurt reifag who hates anno. I remember you
>>
Was it ever said why Ritsuko had a sex change or do we have to wait for that answer?
>>
>>135913297
I guess you really can not redo after all...
>>
>>135913446
Anno got depressed for a while but he got over it and now he's busy with Godzilla.
>>
File: 1433368327513.gif (1019 KB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
1433368327513.gif
1019 KB, 500x213
>>135913297
>Majority of opinion was that it was awful
The fujoshis liked it. The Asukafags liked it too but not as much as the fujoshis. They tend to be 3.0 as a very flawed movie because their waifu Asuka got little screentime compared to brat Shinji and his gay boyfriend but the saving grace is Asuka's eyepatch, cute hat and new angelic powers. Also, Kaworu is dead and the doll went full retarded so Asuka won da shinjibowl.
>>
>>135917560
That's just some salty Reifag. Don't take him seriously.
>>
>>135918057
>you will never get to blind your waifu in one eye so she has to wear an eyepatch
>>
>>135917904
So it'll take two projects instead of one to put him back in the pre-NGE mindset again?
>>
>>135918057
>The Asukafags liked it too

That's because Asuka got turned into some badass immortal being with a hardened and takes-no-shit from no one personality.

It's sad that at the same time, she also got turned into a side character.
>>
>>135918794
>That's because Asuka got turned into some badass immortal being with a hardened and takes-no-shit from no one personality
I thought anons hate Mary Sues
>>
>>135919803
Although NGE isn't connected to Rebuild, her character in 3.0 can be seen as a possible evolution from her NGE counterpart. In a world, 14 years later, where the battles and piloting of the Evas never stopped, and all the hardships that came along with it.

The light side is, she still retained her 14 year old body and face, (although she still does look notably older). That way, you risk less in losing some of the Asuka fanbase when (in Anno's perspective) giving people a new "tougher" Asuka that people will find awesome. Again, all in Anno's perspective, because all of the radical changes done to the characters in 3.0 would have obviously have to come from him alone, and there would have to be some well considered marketing decisions in the making of 3.0 Asuka.
>>
>>135913297
You don't seriously think the best-selling TV anime movie ever killed its franchise, do you?
>>
>>135913297
Anno is busy with Godzilla to care.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.