[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/a/'s thoughts on platinum end?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (17 KB, 187x270) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
17 KB, 187x270
/a/'s thoughts on platinum end?
>>
Like the story concept. It just started, so nothing can say much about it now.
>>
It's interesting.
People who shit on it do so purely because it's not Death Note.
>>
Platinum comfy
>>
Edgy

but i rike it
>>
>>135883419
Its anything but edgy
MC is the most passive and pussy dude ever
>>
dig the premise, and I also love the title
>>
>>135883455
>doesn't instantly go psycho upon being able to kill and control to his will
wow what a faggot amirite
>>
Interesting concept, feels like basically the flipside of death note. Angels instead of of Shinigami, and the ability to make people love you instead of murdering by use of a name. Considering who's writing it, it has high potential.

I'm already hating waiting for chapters though. The cliffhanger at the end of the last chapter has me wanting more.
>>
Not bad so far after a cursory reading
>>
>>135883538
He has the chance to become god
Instead of doing that he just wants to go to school
>>
I don't know if I should give this a chance, considering how much Bakuman and Death Note pissed me off in the later chapters.
>>
>>135882692
It's good.
>>
>>135883697
>I don't know if I should give this a chance

Nah you shouldnt, just browse /a/
>>
>>135883592

He has the chance to become god after manipulating peoples' wills, forcing them to fall in love with him, and killing people with the same power as him. Any non-idiot would see something about that sounds off.

Nevermind the fact that psychologically, he's beaten down and he doesn't want to ask for much because he doesn't think he deserves much. He tried to kill himself in the first chapter, you think someone like that wants to participate in the game?
>>
MC fucked things up a lot faster than raito
>>
>>135883747
I just don't want to be dissapointed again. Death Notes second half and Bakumans "hurr the internet is evul!" arc made me drop both of these series, and it feels like spending the time reading the previous chapters was a waste of time.
>>
>Pretty much the exact opposite of Death Note

so does this mean instead of dying from his own folly the MC in this story will actually end up having a happy end?
>>
trash
>>
Didn't Light near the beginning of Death Note literally ask Ryuk if he could bargain for wings as a "joke"

and then in this story the MC literally got just that?
>>
>MCs name is Mirai
>Battle to determine new God
>Edgy

Definitely a Mirai Nikki ripoff. I'm calling it, the girl who stabbed him in latest chapter is going to be a yandere like yuno.
>>
>>135883986
Mirai means future.
I don't see how the name of the MC is related to Mirai Nikki.
>>
>>135883868
That would be nice.
>>
>>135883986
>I'm calling it, the girl who stabbed him in latest chapter is going to be a yandere like yuno.

You are too late. I already called it when the chapter came out.
>>
>>135882692
It's bad. Don't have anything else to say, cliche, boring and bland.

I can still read DN and find it interesting so it's not like I hate shonen manga.

Platinum End on the other hand is like a mix of Mirai Nikki and DN, which doesn't really appeal to me at all since it's nothing I haven't seen.

Great art though, that's about it. Won't follow it for now, maybe i'll give it a shot in a year or so after they decide what they want to do with the story and if it's still not a DN meets MN thing.
>>
>people compete to become an actual god of the new world

lel
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 694x401) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 694x401
It's just started but i can see this become a great new story. The art is amazing and although the story has it's cliche's it Still has interesting things. Can't wait for future chapters.
>>
So God is real..?
>>
>death game to become god
>calling it a mirai nikki ripoff

You fags must really like mirai nikki if you think it's the first manga to do this.
>>
>>135882692
Are you unable to think for yourself?
>>
>>135882692
> thoughts on platinum end?
Edgy as fuck, not Death Note, therefore garbage.

Hope they do another SoL/Comedy manga like Bakuman. DN was a one time thing because it was a novelty, going after it will only destroy their career.
>>
Why does Nasse keep reminding me of Misa Amane
>>
>>135884305
It's not about being a Mirai Nikki rip off or anything, it doesn't matter if Mirai Nikki was the first or not.
But you can't expect people to not compare edgy shit with similar topics. Same way you can't expect people to go into one of their new manga and expect it to be Death Note tier.
>>
Really bad manga with nice drawings for now.

Good for 16 year olds though.
>>
>>135884488
More like 14
>>
>>135884498
More like 12
>>
>>135884168
Like they will ever stop with the chuuni premises.
>>
I like how the protag is genuinely kindhearted. I hope he stays that way.
>>
>>135883573

but then they immediately added murdering anyway

I can't really like it. I'm not sure where exactly it crosses the line, but it feels like any other "give some guy an artificially arbitrary powerset" fiction. I think Death Note did not feel that way because a) it focused on the psychological angle, with Light already being susceptible, and b) L existed, and was one of the stronger points of the story.

Platinum's MC is just a mannequin without very much personality to build upon, so whatever happens feels like it's there because of what the writer wanted, rather than a natural extension of what a character would do.
>>
>>135882692
Who killed his family?
>>
>>135882692
>He didn't fuck his aunt

DROPPED
>>
>>135884823
He's waiting for the flesh to decay first
>>
>>135882692
The art is nice but the MC looks generic and his thought process is painful to read about.

Also is it just me or has Obata's art really degraded over the years? His detail is good but also very generic and the characters have a lot of same face.
>>
File: nasse da.png (97 KB, 484x444) Image search: [Google]
nasse da.png
97 KB, 484x444
This fucking ass tho
>>
>>135885738
The art in Death Note and Bakuman looked a lot more interesting.
>>
File: np.png (114 KB, 503x526) Image search: [Google]
np.png
114 KB, 503x526
>>135885774
>>
>>135884543
I feel like how he's nice in an relatively relatable way.

Usually when someone is "kindhearted" in manga it's telegraphed in incredibly dramatic ways like the person saving a girl from a group of bullies or rescuing a puppy from the rain but here it's shown by him having the opportunity to do a bunch of heinous shit and abstaining.
>>
>>135882692
>been heavily abused his entire childhood
>tried to kill himself
>accidentally killed his aunt
>somehow comes out of all of this relatively well-adjusted
>>
>>135882692
the recent twist was pretty interesting. i'm very curious to see how this'll play out.
unless the red arrow doesn't work on other candidates the same way
>>
>>135884168
>maybe i'll give it a shot in a year or so after they decide what they want to do with the story
so you do get it. and yet you judge it as bad when it's just starting.
i'd say in 2-3 chapters we'll be able to tell wether this really has potential or not
>>
>>135887071
>the red arrow doesn't work because he was already in love with her
>>
>>135882692
You mean Mirai Nikki without the mirai or the nikki?
>>
>>135887168
I won't suck their dicks just because they did good manga before.

As of now the manga is bad, I can't say
>Hey it's good
Because MAYBE it will improve. The setting is garbage so far so there's no reason for me to think it will become good.
>>
>>135887520
>the setting is garbage because it's been done before
is that what you're saying? that's a pretty bad reason to judge things on.
also i never said it's good. again, it's too early to tell.

>I won't suck their dicks just because they did good manga before.
is that what you're scared of? you're just being contrarian.
>>
>>135883854
Cant you, you know, just enjoy it while it lasts and is good and then drop it when it's stop being good? Can't you like things while they last and not be a depressed piece of shit that needs to look everything from the worst possible angle and dislike things because there is a possibility that in the far future it won't be as good as it is?
>>
>>135887520
>As of now the manga is bad,
But it's not.
>>
>stop liking what I don't like
>stop saying that you don't like what I like
I've only now realized that it's pointless for either side of the argument to care about the other
let's discuss thins like how refreshing it is for an angel character to encourage murder and rape
>>
>>135888137
An angel doesnt have human morals, so rape and murder means nothing to it
>>
>>135885738
In think so too and prefer the style of Death Note, but he himself considers it an improvement (he told the interviewer that he constantly "strives to get better" at a convention I went to).
>>
>>135883943
Righto
>>
>>135885738
>Obata's art really degraded over the years?
because of bakuman.
i think he will get back to shape again if he keeps working on this though.
>>
2edgy4me
>>
>>135887335
But it does have a Mirai, that's the protagonist name.

Honestly I was surprised on how everyone missed the "Hurr, I'm God, I need to find a substitute, let's find some God candidates and pick one" subplot.

Anyway it felt very unoriginal, but also not extremely trash, the angel trying to make him happy by doing things that are completely evil by human moral standards like "Hurr kill your uncle and your cousins and get their money" or "Hurr just force that girl to love you for 33 days, that will surely make her love you for reals"
>>
The fan translations for this manga suck so bad. I actually buy the VIZ chapters.
>>
>>135890164
There are two (or three?) groups running this. The one that made the most recent release isn't nearly as bad as the other(s).
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.