[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After the blunder that is Phantom World, will KyoAni be able
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4
File: Koe_no_Katachi_Vol_1[1].jpg (26 KB, 255x382) Image search: [Google]
Koe_no_Katachi_Vol_1[1].jpg
26 KB, 255x382
After the blunder that is Phantom World, will KyoAni be able to redeem itself with Koe no Katachi?
>>
>>135783960
The manga itself is not good? What do you expect Kyoani to do. Polishing a turd doesn't make it not a turd.
>>
>>135783960
>redeem itself
>with Koe no Katachi
Hah, not happening.
>>
>Phantom World
>blunder

It's easily AOTS by episode 1.

>Koe no Katchi
I haven't read the manga, but the cover isn't too convincing.
>>
>>135783995
the real question is why does kyoani love polishing turds?
>>
Who will be the VA for the girl?
>>
>>135783960
How is Phantom World a blunder? It's a pure fun show, what's wrong having that as a breather before KnK and Eupho 2?
>>
>>135783960
Didn't the manga go to shit? I only read the one-shot. At least that was good.
>>
>all the autists still mad because they thought it's a romance manga
This will never cease to amuse me.

But man, it's sad that most of this years AOTY contenders are going to be absolutely impossible to discuss on /a/.
>>
>>135784118
You mean that victim blaming at the end?
>>
Kyoani Ueno is going to be so hot
>>
>>135784021
Left bullied right for some weeks/months, right moved to another school and left got bullied.
Years later left met right again and left tried to make up for right.
Fuck all those who bullied left and said no sorry, especially glass bitch
>>
>>135784362
>victim blaming
What do you mean?
>>
>>135783960
yes, because my waifu Yamada is the true GodAni
>>
>>135784118

The ending was a bit shit to be honest.
>>
>>135784485
Read the part after the timeskip again.

>the reason we bullied you was that you couldn't tell us how you felt etc.
>>
>>135784601
Well fuck.

Thanks for that...
>>
>>135784601
Wasn't it because she didn't fight back?
>>
>>135783960
>After the blunder that is Phantom

HAHAHHAHAHA!

Go back to ANN.
>>
>>135783960
>Koe no Katachi
>KyoAni

why.jpg
>>
>>135783960
Only good thing about this series was deafo's mother and the MTSP doujin. Only good thing about Kyoani is their animation. This is bound to be fucking terrible.
>>
>>135783960
To be fair if you expected anything else that what we got from a battle harem LN adaptation you're retarded.
>>
>>135784601
This is pure bullshit. It wasn't that she couldn't but that she didn't. She didn't express how much she hurt over it which is THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE SERIES. It's not victim blaming but a standard plot element. Trying to be super politically correct is retarded. The real world doesn't work like that.
>>
>>135783960
Maybe but they should also try their hands at making the idol anime to end all idol anime.
>>
File: !.jpg (139 KB, 693x927) Image search: [Google]
!.jpg
139 KB, 693x927
>>
>>135783995
I expect Kyoani to choose better manga to adapt
>>
>>135786179
>It's your fault that we were all assholes who lack empathy!
>>
File: 1114.png (367 KB, 414x487) Image search: [Google]
1114.png
367 KB, 414x487
Blunder after one episode, Do trolls even try any more.
>>
>>135784601
>the reason we bullied you was that you couldn't tell us how you felt etc.
>believing Shitueno lies
>>
***,286位/***,262位 (***,101 pt) [*,**0予約] 2016/04/06 無彩限のファントム・ワールド 1 [Blu-ray]
>>
I liked the series when it had the chance to have a great ending and maybe an also good epilogue.
The ending turned something good into something not worth it, at all.
>>
>>135784021
>judging manga by its cover
what the fuck dude
>>
>>135784601
And then the manga shows from various viewpoints why the characters eventually became cunts towards her. So getting upset about supposed victim blaming is retarded.
>>
>>135787632
Are you dumb? The oneshots ends after that monologue.
>>
File: 1412702741482.jpg (517 KB, 1280x1386) Image search: [Google]
1412702741482.jpg
517 KB, 1280x1386
>>135786423
This is exactly why KyoAni does it.

Did you see Chuunibyou S2?
It's kinda the same thing, you could have a kiss or a confession as a good ending and it just kinda fades away into bullshit, chuuni for the phone call and koe no katachi has a MISSED CONFESSION NEVER ANSWERED.

That confession scene in Volume 4 or 5 was one of the most magical things I've seen in manga up to date, the symbol useage of the author is really neat (also the parts from Nishimiya's Viewpoint where you only see half the letters) - and then they never came back to that and fucked it up.

It kinda felt like it needed at least one more Volume for them coming together, or whatever tragic end and someone really dies, but after the hospital stuff and they all survived you just want your fucking happy ending but didn't get it.

All things said, I believe Amagi to be one of the better KyoAni comedies aside Nichijou, because I like well timed comedy. Phantom World 1 wasn't bad, but I didn't laugh a lot. Still looks pretty and the boobs are ridiculous which will get old fast.
>>
>>135787843
What'd you think of Chu1's comedy?
>>
>>135787843
I saw it (like everything kyoani), it was completely disappointing which is what I mentioned in my first post.
And with Koe no Katachi It was really weird how some plot points were not only not answered but completely unaddressed. It's almost as if the manga was suddenly axed, but since we know that wasn't the case we can blame the author for not knowing how to end a story and tie it all together.
Which is pretty common, writing endings isn't as easy for many authors, but I still feel coping out and doing something vague like that instead of something maybe more cliche but conclusive is absolute shit from any author, new or experienced.

Amagi was good, it was a bit of fresh air coming from Kyoani. Sadly it's not their IP so a sequel or a movie it's entirely up to Kadokawa.
>>
>>135783960
>phantom world
>blunder
>implying it is a blunder
For a haremshit, it already obliterated the haremshit from last season ie anti magic, rakudai, asterisk and heavy object.
>>
>>135787843
If the confession never happened, the ending wouldn't be half as bad.
>>
>>135784072
>tfw your favorite VA will have to sound like a retard to capture the way a deaf person speaks
>>
Nah we still have other shit unresolved.
Ueno's feelings for ichida for example.
>>
>/a/ doesn't like koe no katachi
Holy fuck, how shit can your tastes get?
>>
>>135788241
We loved it until the end happened.
It was really disappointing.
>>
>>135788062
Why are people so butthurt over the confession? Do they need everything spelled out for them?
All the fuss at the end about the MC being upset over the deaf girl (forgot the name) moving out while not really caring for his other friends is enough of a clue, along with the last panel where they hold hands.

On the top of that, it wasn't even a romance manga, it was a story of redemption.

The only bad thing about the ending I can think of is the fact it didn't show the MC finally talking with his childhood friends.

Aside from that, it didn't even go overboard and have all the characters suddenly become kind-heartened and feel guilty over their past actions: both Ueno and Kawai remain insufferable bitches, with the former admitting she still couldn't forgive the deaf girl.

On a side note, how anyone can come to the conclusion the ending favored the victim-blaming of Nishimiya is beyond me
>>
>KyoAni makes otakubait shows

meanwhile at Shaft
>>135787432
>>
holy fuck this went harem

what is wrong with things?
>>
>>135786140
This is the problem. It's clearly a generic harem ln but the kyoanifags are praising it anyway.>>135786179
M
>>
>>135788466
What? It didn't.
>>
>>135788299
What exactly? The "victim blaming" by Ueno everyone mentioned or the fact that they didn't end up together?
>>
>>135788299
thats cause you were a shipperfag
I liked the manga for what it was
>>
>>135788409
meanwhile at Shaft
>Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari, Nekomonogatari Kuro, Monogatari Second Season, Hanamonogatari, Tsukimonogatari, Owarimonogatari, Kizumonogatari trilogy, Koyomimonogatari
>>
>>135788524
>or the fact that they didn't end up together?
anon, even if he denies this more likely than not this is the real reason.
>>
>>135788550
Based Shaft. Providing us with a complete adaptation of a long ongoing novel series!
>>
>>135788564
What's more, it's not like towards there are any clues of the MC liking the girl or anything, not at all sir.
>>
>>135783995
>Polishing a turd doesn't make it not a turd.
Kyoani managed it with K-on, the manga is trash
>>
>>135788550
Such a shame that everything after Bake is meh directed. At least there's Kizu.
>>
>>135788629
>>135788629
>, the manga is trash
how so?
>>
>>135787951
It was cute and okay, nothing special. It was more the situational unexpected kind I dig, like Touka being flexible like a fucking tiger. Some slapstick, some over the top ridiculous characters (who get no screentime or use later, i look at you kumin)... yeah well, 6/10 at most.
>>
>>135788550
That's pretty amazing.
>>
>>135788689
Looks shit and the moe doesn't work without animation.
>>
>>135788524
>people still act like they don't end up together even though they're literally and figuratively facing adulthood hand in hand
What they're really mad about is the lack of kissu.
>>
>>135783960
>KyoAni be able to redeem itself with Koe no Katachi?

It going to be one of those movies where they're aiming more mainstream; they kind of have to
>>
>>135789027

This basically. Its pretty implied they do in fact become a couple or eventually will. You dont have to show vagina penetration to imply a relationship like people seem to think. The entire show is about not being able to express yourself so them not expressing themselves at the end fully is actually very fitting.

A silent voice is a very fitting title as the entire plot is based around people not opening themselves up and actually talking things over or expressing themselves properly. If you didnt like it because they didnt say this or do that your a goddamn moron because that is the whole point of the plot. ITs not some victim blaming PC bullshit like some want it to be and its not some kind of cop out like others seem to think it is. Its literally we cant be honest and sit down to discuss anything.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.