[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We've always discussed how cliche-ridden and horribly-written
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60
File: aaa.png (9 KB, 456x352) Image search: [Google]
aaa.png
9 KB, 456x352
We've always discussed how cliche-ridden and horribly-written light novels are. Can we do any better?
>>
>>135747644
RPG world where it's natural and not about gaming.
>>
Nope.
>>
>>135747729
So it's just fantasy?
>>
>>135747729

That would be what DanMachi was.
>>
>>135747644
A gang of skateboard boys take on a band of delinquent rollerblade girls in a war over the best turf.
>>
[Insert HakoMari, Spice & Wolf or other high quality LN here]
>>
A story about killing people and turning their corpses into money to become the richest man on earth
>>
Jesus Assassin
Door Punch
>>
Deus ex machina phone number and all that shit. I never saved the copypasta because it was physically painful to look at.
>>
>>135747644

>Light Novel Man
Because he pissed off a demon with the ability to transport to other dimensions, our young hero, a self proclaimed light novel fanatic, must transverse several light novel titles, where when he reaches the end of each one he is transported to a new LN and must start over while trying to find a way back to his own world.
>>
File: singularity.jpg (1 MB, 1800x2880) Image search: [Google]
singularity.jpg
1 MB, 1800x2880
>>135747644
Jesus Christ is a Saber. The rest is history.
>>
>>135747644

Most Light Novels are harem shit and trapped-in-a-rpg-world shit, but there is very good stuff too, like Haruhi or Umineko, and also kinda decent stuff, like Index or Fate.
>>
>>135748370

I should note, if the main character accomplishes his mission in each Light Novel world then he acquires the powers of the main character as a reward, for example, if he finishes Index/Railgun then he obtains Toma's power to cancel abilities.
>>
>>135748297

You can google it
>>
>>135748144
Are there any skateboarding anime / manga? I really want this now
>>
>>135747729
I don't how many light novels I have read that start off as this with a few deviations here and there

> I HATE PEOPLE
>I DON'T TRUST HUMANS
>I GOT KILLED BECAUSE I DIDNT STAND UP FOR THIS ONE GUY 10 YEARS AGO THEN I RESPAWNED IN THIS MAGIC WORLD

etc

I mean really?
>>
File: 19547542141.png (991 KB, 1280x674) Image search: [Google]
19547542141.png
991 KB, 1280x674
An average high school boy runs into an alien magical girl with toast and the impact knocks them both off a building onto his tsundere senpai. The force of the fall accidentally breaks her lucky talisman which was unbeknownst to her, a sealing catalyst which held an ancient evil in check. AN ANCIENT EVIL RISES in the form of a cute girl and instantly falls in love with MC. So do senpai and magical alien girl. Then MC's imouto, who was running after him to give him his bento that he carelessly forgot, sees her brother with Ancient-Evil-chan, Senpai, and Magical-Alien-chan - this causes a sanity shatter wherein her dormant incestuous feelings awaken and she also falls in love with MC. Ancient-Evil-chan, Senpai, Magical-Alien-chan, and Imouto all enlist their friendship cliches to help win MC, but all of their friends end up falling for him themselves. Fifteen minutes into the first episode, the entire female population of East Asia is lusting after MC. Also, MC is voiced by Jouji Nakata for some reason.

I'm hoping that if I overload it with cliches, it'll reach a critical mass and circle back around to start being original again.
>>
>>135748484

stop cutewashing history Japan
>>
>>135748719

Is there anything else good that you can get from a Light Novel?
>>
modern day furry romance between some dude who is conflicted with it. treat it like spice and wolf and not like monster musume. Yes it's purpose is to cater to depraved autistic furfags. I imagine someone puked just about now
>>
File: 1405991097307.jpg (106 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1405991097307.jpg
106 KB, 554x439
>>135747644
>Better than a light novel
So write a novel.
>>
>>135748896
Second part usually consists of said main character buying a slave of some sort.

Usually some kind of Elf,dog,kitsune,neko girl etc
>>
>>135748934
Picked the fuck up.
>>
>>135748896

Light Novels pander to a very specific demographic that apparently likes to read that again and again and again. I don't know if I can complain, since all anime genres can be reduced to a bunch of cliches by people who dislike the genre. Maybe there are a few good light novels even with those cliches.
>>
>>135748896

What if you reverse those things? MC loves people, and trust everybody. He stood up for a poor bastard 10 years ago, and didn't die because of that, but a grumpy wizard decided to sent him to the shittiest world he could find so he sent him here. So he was sent from a magic world to a normal world. MC could be a girl to change things a little more.
>>
>>135749114
>since all anime genres can be reduced to a bunch of cliches

I at least wish they would attempt to hide this.
We are in time off exaggerated archetypes if some guy is a lunatic then holy fuck is this guy nuts sperging out every minute and yelling. etc
>>
>>135748934
>Fifteen minutes into the first episode, the entire female population of East Asia is lusting after MC.

It was all a ploy from a genocidal maniac that wanted to wipe out the Asian race. It backfires when she also falls in love with MC, along with the women from her race.
>>
File: shounen.jpg (110 KB, 720x975) Image search: [Google]
shounen.jpg
110 KB, 720x975
>>135748934
Which Ancient Evil?
>>
Kazuki Jeisu, a 16 yr.old highschool student from the prestigous Magica Military Academy and known for being the sole Rank-H in the academy. His magic skills are on the bottom so he compensate with his intelligence.

One night, a meteorite which he soon find out to be a pod, crashed in front of him while he was walking. The pod contains an odd-looking green wristwatch that latched itself into him. After finding out how it works, He soon turned into a plant-like creature that ignites flames.

With his newfound power, Kazuki bowed to himself that he will defeat the strongest of the Proteges and be the number 1
>>
>>135749291
>is this guy nuts sperging out every minute and yelling

Maybe for the authors that normal dialogue. Bear in mind the kind of people who writes light novels.
>>
Still haven't got an answer to my question: where to post my English WN for maximum spotlight for attention whores like me?

No worries, I won't advertise it here nor anywhere else.
>>
>>135749377

from the thumbnail it kinda looks like a Psyduck
>>
>>135748988
>I imagine someone puked just about now

I lost the capacity to be repulsed by things like that. I don't know if I should feel good or sad.
>>
File: 2012-03-30-487794.jpg (143 KB, 592x631) Image search: [Google]
2012-03-30-487794.jpg
143 KB, 592x631
>>135749377
>Dead ancient evils
>>
In the future, science confirms the existence of reincarnation and has achieved control over the natural phenomenon. Everyone is eligible to achieve "psychic immortality" by paying to have their memories remain intact after they die. The body they receive after death is "purchased" using the Karma™ currency, which is accumulated through good and bad deeds, tracked and computed by the NIRVANA central supercomputer.

Bodies like those of vermin are cheap, while God-like vessels like the BUDDHA class bodies, are very expensive. The system was created to ensure that only those who are good will remain in the world, while those who are evil are erased (naturally through death). But corruption and manipulation by social elites have allowed themselves to achieve god-like bodies despite their sins.

The story revolves around a pair of con-artists, doomed to be ineligible for reincarnation, who try to rig and cheat the Karma system to order to achieve immortality. One is motivated by the wish to be granted a second chance at a lifetime, atoning for his past. The other is an anarchist who wishes to being down the NIRVANA to bring back equality through death for all.
>>
MC is a high school student who read too many incest light novels and now wants to fug his 2 years younger imouto. Instead of acting on his urges he spends his spare time writing his own self-insert light novel, in which the MC is a high school student who writes an incest light novel and his imouto finds the manuscript. At first it makes things awkward between them, but he continues to write it and she continues to read it and over time tsundere incest hijinks ensue. MC's imouto finds the manuscript for this light novel, which at first makes things awkward between them, but he continues to write it and she continues to read it and over time tsundere incest hijinks ensue.
>>
File: 1451770540934.jpg (89 KB, 704x792) Image search: [Google]
1451770540934.jpg
89 KB, 704x792
>>135749621
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
>>
>>135749738
I think my brain had a spasm there for a moment.
>>
File: 1451306889311.jpg (31 KB, 409x441) Image search: [Google]
1451306889311.jpg
31 KB, 409x441
>Story of Rasputin
>In a fantasy world
>with magic
>>
The Four Horsemen are pretty girls who want a teenage boy to help them bring about the Apocalypse, and they live in his family's inn before the End of Days.

And there's a loli imouto.
>>
File: 1280x720-wTS.jpg (68 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-wTS.jpg
68 KB, 1280x720
>>135748934
Sorry senpai, Girls Bravo did that already.
>>
>>135749644

Sounds kinda interesting, but really difficult to pull off in a light novel. How would you cheat a system like that, for example?
>>
>>135749738

2Deep
>>
A scientific miracle occurs and humanity is living in a Type 1 Utopia. The protagonist is burdened by this society and the moral downfall of humanity, he discovers an ancient book telling of how society was before Type1, he becomes a hermit and mediates in the wilderness for a long time. The Protagonist meets with a group of old religious order, they tell him that these are the final days of humanity for they have disgraced god by receiving his mark. He discovers that super humans hunt down any human who does not conform to their type 1 utopia and they kill off the religious order. He returns to the Utopia and walks up to the capitol building where he finds the leader and persona responsible for sending out the super humans to kill people, they have a battle, the protagonist uses his pure human spiritual power to get strength, while the boss uses dark energy from humanity to get his power. The protagonist wins but loses half his limbs. He finds a device that was used to keep in contact with darker beings from another dimension, using his spiritual power he creates a portal and enters their realm. surrounded by an audience of these dark beings he fights to the death taking hundreds of them out.
>>
1) Go to library.
2) Pull any random novel from the fiction section.
3) Plagiarize the hell out of it.
4) Make up some copyrightable words and use them to replace the names of random otherwise mundane items that are relevant to the plot.
>>
>>135749644
So basically In Time the anime?
>>
A boy decides to walk into the study of his missing father, in it he finds his father's old camera.
The boy decides to take up photography and everything seems fine until the day he takes a picture of his love interest.
The next day he finds out she disappeared without a trace.
It's only after numerous other accounts of missing people, all places he took photos at that he realizes it's because of the camera.

The police hot on his trail and the boy with nowhere to run takes a picture of himself and enters the world inside the camera.
Will he ever get to go home? Will he save his love interest, where did his father go?

Living through the moments of his fathers past taken with that camera, the boy learns of his fathers dark history.

How will this story develop?
What will the boy expose?
>>
>>135750241
the idea is that most deeds are grey, they are neither good nor evil, which makes them susceptible to manipulation. Another point is that the system is not a divine one, there is no omnipotent observer and karma doesnt exist in real life. The Karma™ system is manmade, which means they cannot determine the intention of the person committing the deed, meaning they are unable to identify insincere deeds of kindness (for example giving a hobo money simply because you want good karma, as opposed to altruism).

Because the main characters wants to and needs to hit it big, as opposed to a mere chance at life again, they devise situations that would generate the most karma. so their problem is twofold: how to create a situation that would portray them as a just character while hiding the fact they manipulated the scenario to avoid bad karma.

It's like a heist story, but they are robbing good karma.
>>
MC gets sent to a magical world. He's in a shitty country sieged by monsters, but he fights bravely and eventually becomes the King, and his nation prospers.

In order to keep the peace and expand his power, his kinda bufoonish but loyal chancellor suggests a political marriage with a neighbouring barbarian nation's princess. Other countries, wanting a piece of the action, send their princesses, so now MC has to choose his wife between this harem of fantasy princesses and keep the peace among girls that are used to war.
>>
>>135750463
Similar, but they are not immortal through time, they just get new vessels each time they die. The elites are absolutely "immortal" though, they don't age.

The currency is also different because they not simply money, they have to earned in very specific ways.
>>
Main character dies and reincarnates as a person from another world.

For the thousandth time.

The main character dies, is reincarnated endlessly into different fantasy worlds, and he carries over the memories from every past life. But those memories include the sensation of death. Death chases him always. The feeling, worse than any worldy pain, tortures him nightly as he remembers every death he's experienced. Determined to end the cycle, he decides that instead of dying again, he'll become an alchemist and find the secret to eternal life.

Maybe he'll end up becoming the villain though?
>>
>>135750463

I had to google it, but they don't seem to have anything in common.
>>
File: get to see tits.jpg (235 KB, 678x703) Image search: [Google]
get to see tits.jpg
235 KB, 678x703
>>135747644
LN about gambling where you only get to the sex scenes if you beat the CPU,
>>
MC is a loser in a magical world.

Some weird shit happens,

MC gets to relive his life but this time everyone wants his dick and is hideously overpowered.
>>
>>135747644
Moralfaggotry: The LN.

Also noice dubs OP.
>>
A story about a group of mages(all cousins) avenging the deaths of their family in a shootout when they were children. As they go around trying to find and destroy their killers, they will unravel a huge conspiracy dating back centuries within the Church and a war brewing between the magic world and an unlikely alliance between Protestantism and Islam. Beneath the chaos lays an organization that had been controlling the anti magic side from behind the scenes in hopes of crippling the most powerful institution of the magic world, the Eastern Orthodox Church.

In this LN universe, factions like the Protestant churches, branches of Islam and Catholicism are all in opposition to the magic side. Catholicism is a special exception that tolerates its uniate branches practicing magecraft. They also still use some forms of magic in the forms of prayer talismans and spellblocks.

Anglicanism is also unique in the sense that it exists as a power struggle between the High Church magic faction, Broad Church and Low Church. The Low Church allies themselves with the antimagic Protestantism.

The Eastern Orthodox Church is the most powerful institution of magic on Earth. It's greatest spell however is 'deceptive' given how it involves a simple incantation during the Liturgy. However, this special incantation turns bread and wine into the body and blood of Christ. It's wide possession of relics which host special grace also adds to its affordability and prowess in the magic world. Since the Reformation, it has been at war with Protestantism. Uniquely, the Eastern Orthodox allow converts from other magical factions to retain elements of their culture thus having some mages that would use spells appropriated from Buddhism, Shintoism and Hinduism.
>>
>>135753842
Alawites are the strongest magic users
>>
>>135747644
Mc, an ordinary teenage girl with an average but happy life, gets killed one day in a sudden accident.
She then wakes up and is awarded a brand new body by God, who sends her to a world filled with magic and adventure before she can beg to see her family again. Cue her trying desperately to stay under the radar by living an ordinary life as a tailor for a small city until she can find out how to get home.
Also one of her classmates, an edgy otaku, gets reincarnated as a hero and fights to prevent the neighboring demon lord from invading the kingdom, but we only hear about that when he comes to buy new clothes from her and stuff.
Tech level is just pre-wwi, like howl's moving castle.
>>
>>135747644
>Gloomy lower class guy meets lonely blind girl.
>Guy falls in love with blind girl.
>Guy obtains money from illegal activities to pay for transplant for girl and destroys ID.
>Girl gets transplant.
>Before uncovering blindfold guy gets hit by a truck.
>Guy gets amnesia and no ID.
>Girl is upset that guy never came after surgery.
>Several years later they meet for the "first" time with a sense of dejavu.
It might as well be a story with reincarnation.
>>
>>135747729
Oh fuck off.
>>
Standard fantasy protagonist group in a standard fantasy setting.

Instead of travelling around to save the day, they just want to rub elf ears.
>>
The earth gets attacked by all imaginable evil, and only one protagonist can save it.
He can do anything as long as someone believes he can and he also needs to have strawberry jam stuck under his fingernails, but if anyone finds this out his power will disappear.
A story of justice
>>
>>135748370
>>135748719
There's a series I found a while back like that where the MC'S family line involves the males being the last resort backup plan for different stories for when the hero never shows up. He uses the items and abilities he gets from the stories to do shit like blasting a demon lord with a laser gun. Think the name was "ore ha heroine ga tasukesugite" something something.
>>
>>135748935
I think the rest of the world could learn a thing or two from Japan's kawaiification of historical figures. Maybe history class would actually be interesting then. Loli Stalin when?
>>
>>135749644
Someone's been reading Lord of Light.
>>
>>135747729
I have a better idea.

The characters are players of an MMO who are transferred to the world of their fantasy MMO, however, in doing so, they bring with them realistic consequences for the in-game mechanics. Now, instead of merely providing boosts for combat, you actually have to eat to survive, and if you are killed, that's it, you're done. No respawning, no revival spells. All of the fantastical elements remain unchanged: there are still incredible beasts, monsters and dragons with unrelenting attacks that require incredible skill and preparation to fell, in addition to powerful magic and a wealth of combat skills.

The story revolves around a group of friends who played the game in their spare time and find they must band together to ensure survival in their new setting and learn how they can use their knowledge of the world to their advantage in order to thrive.
>>
>>135759739
Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash?
>>
File: 1439978050517.jpg (21 KB, 242x269) Image search: [Google]
1439978050517.jpg
21 KB, 242x269
A Knights-of-Sidonia-esque post-apoc future space colony scifi, where humanity has been forced to genetically modify themselves into lolis in order to conserve food and space. It's hard to distinguish the adults from the children, but the lolis in the sotry are all adults and swear, flirt, etc. I imagine it could get pretty grimdark, but mostly it would revolve around thier struggles to stay alive and find a new planet.

Otaku mode: one last man is brought forth from the genetic past as an experiment, he becomes the MC and is surrounded by naughtly lolis who have never seen a man before outside of movies.
>>
>>135748613
>haruhi
>not a harem

>fateshit and index
>not anything other than garbage

kill yourself faggot
>>
>>135759895
Would watch. For the plot.
>>
>>135759938
Are you implying Haruhi is a harem?
>>
>>135759838
I guess. I wasn't really going for originality, there are about a million different ways you can spin an idea like that. If I were to write it, it would be highly character-driven.
>>
A boy falls in love with a girl.
Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.
But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.
Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.
>>
File: ghost.jpg (75 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ghost.jpg
75 KB, 1280x720
An episodic chanbara horror series that takes place in a post-apocalyptic Japan where the country has regressed into an Edo era like age, yet traces of modern technology exist.

The story and setting would basically be Vampire Hunter D in a more Japanese setting, with elements of Mononoke and Mushishi for good measure.

Following the world's end, phantoms and demons such as yuurei, oni, yokai, kappa, etc. have risen again. To combat this threat, a league of hunters who specialize in the occult that are a cross between ronin (wandering samurai) and onmyouji (exorcists) was founded.

The main character is one of these hunters (imagine him as a cross between D from Vampire Hunter D and Ginko from Mushishi), who has gained a special affinity for the occult after having a near-death experience and nearly becoming a yuurei himself. As a result, he now a being that exists on both a physical and spiritual plain (like Guts was when he received the Brand in Berserk).

Each volume tells a different story where the main character wanders to different villages where he is hired to combat different bakemono each time.
>>
>>135760020
3 girls and the homo sidekick want Kyon's dick. It is a harem. Only deluded faggots believe otherwise.
>>
File: 1399431764369.jpg (83 KB, 510x625) Image search: [Google]
1399431764369.jpg
83 KB, 510x625
In a light fantasy medieval setting, MC-kun is a traveling book salesman/collector. He pulls along a cart going from country to country gathering all bits of knowledge he can and selling it for a price to archivists, nobles, and farmers alike. However as he helps various peoples using his collection of knowledge, unrest brews under the feudal lords. Massive book burning campaigns start to keep the population uneducated. MC-kun must race against time and the law to find a fabled device with the ability to easily copy any text in seconds to a blank page. On the way he meets traveling companions and competitors seeking the contraption, whose intentions for the device perhaps lie beyond simple profit.
>>
>>135760202
>highly character-driven
It's easy to say things, anon, but can you really pull it off like LN writers do?
>>
>>135760794
Nigga you're gay
>>
>>135760933
>pull it off like LN writers do?
Are you insulting me or just being sarcastic? LN authors write some of the most contrived, hackneyed bullshit ever to exist.
>>
stuck in a video game
>>
>>135761128
Stuck in a racing game when? This hasn't been done as far as I'm aware.
>>
A LN based on Sherlock Holmes.
Sherlock Holmes and his best friend John Watson solve crime together for the London Metropolitan Police, usually being offered by Inspector Lestrade. Often, Holmes and the police don't get along well due to how he and Watson would treat the cases offered as a way to get off. For Holmes it's like playing a game. For Watson, it's like getting the thrill of the chase and danger. Holmes also has a habit of mocking the police for their shortcomings and annoy them by revealing details about any officer on site to their dismay. A running gag would involve Holmes and Watson being seen as gay by the police. Sometimes they would even write yaoi fanfics about them and post them as comments on their PI website.

Each case(story arc) would take up two volumes. Eventually, Holmes and Watson would gain the eye of Moriarty, a well known criminal mastermind who is consulted by terrorist groups, intelligence agencies and criminal organizations. He sets up a special game for the duo to play, which involves him taking a person or even a whole group of persons hostage and forcing Holmes to solve a riddle he gives them which the answers are to be found in the area the person(s) are being taken hostage. This special case is not offered by the police but by Holmes' brother, Mycroft who holds a high position within MI-5.
>>
Fantasy world told through the eyes of the young offspring of one of the hero's companions as they grow up hearing the tales of adventure. I'll be honest the idea came to me from the FFXI Rhapsody of Vana'diel wrap up add-on story.
>>
>>135762935
And then what? They just hear stories and that's it?
>>
>>135747644
>/tv/
Let me show you muh copy pastas, anon!
---
In a world where one's life-worth is determined by predestined "frequencies",MC is a low-born that attempts to change his fate by starting a relationship with The Girl, a high born savant.

Despite teachers and parents who tell MC that The Girl and he are opposites which will never attract,MC attempts throughout his youth to court The Girl with no success.The Girl,being of high frequency,is unable to feel emotion;however, her goal is to feel love.MC's friend,Suzuka,tries to help MC raise his frequency,a feat claimed to be impossible.During his teenage years,MC uses magnets and other methods with no avail.

Upon returning as a young adult to The Girl's birthday,he claims to be able to raise his frequency and eventually manages a kiss from The Girl. The two walk home together.MC discovers with Suzuka that sound waves,when combined with gibberish 2-syllable words,are able to temporarily raise one's frequency.They create a phone device which,based on the atmosphere,is able to determine which words can raise one's frequency.

However, MC and The Girl discover that the words actually have mind controlling properties which caused their love. A government organization detains MC and his associates, revealing that this phenomenon had been known throughout history and was slowly forgotten. Unable to contact Suzuka, MC uses the words to paralyze his captors and escape.

He escapes to Suzuka's house, where Suzuka's father reveals that music, specifically that of Bach, was able to balance everyone's frequencies and nullify the mind controlling power of words. Suzuka is able to calculate an equation based on music and discover that fate exists. He is able to predict the future and the destinies of others. MC and The Girl realize their love was caused by fate not choice. Finding this romantic, the two hold hands while Suzuka watches and realizes he can take over the world!
>>
>>135761775
I've seen stuck in Rot3K mangoos and animoo a few times. Why not stuck in Viking-tier world like King of Dragon Pass?
>inb4 >>>/v/
>>
>>135762990
Dunno, more stuff could happen, I just wanted to see some comfy SoL during the time after all of the crazy world ending stuff has been dealt with.
>>
>>135747644
An auspicious engineer lives in a world where humanoid androids have merged with and coexist in our society. He opens a small shop in a town where he repairs "augmented humanoids" in an NNB-like SoL atmosphere. He makes friends with many human and humanoid co-inhabitants of his distant-future town, and learns how similar mankind and it's new type of companion truly are.
>>
>>135763324
What do you think happens in a world when the demon lord is taken out anyways? Do they just rebuild or just go about normal life? Is there even a normal life for heroes?
>>
File: 1337732668992.jpg (919 KB, 828x1169) Image search: [Google]
1337732668992.jpg
919 KB, 828x1169
>>135747644
>Waifu Woes

Imagine living a lifetime with your ideal love only to wake up and find it was all a dream and you're all alone? MC-kun has nearly overdosed on a drug called ghost that induces sleep and calls forth your deepest desires in the form of a dream. The higher the dose the longer the dream feels and so people who have near overdoses report living what feels like an ideal lifetime before finally waking up. MC-kun is an unemployed college grad who now, after his ordeal, has to attend therapy along other ghost addicts like a middle aged divorce, a former wrestling prodigy turned office worker after an injury, and a wannabe pop star. Will MC-kun and his new friends leave this drug behind or is the allure their deepest desires too strong?
>>
>>135759461
>Loli Stalin when?
Already exists as an illustration.
>>
Just need a title for a LN plot.
>My rival in love is my childhood friend who happens to be a boy and I can't accept a love triangle like this!!
Fresh from Haruchika today
>>
>>135766542
Honestly with how long LN titles are, that whole greentext might as well be the title.
>>
>>135766618
That was my point.
>>
File: 1353734364694.jpg (82 KB, 1150x720) Image search: [Google]
1353734364694.jpg
82 KB, 1150x720
>>135766653
>>
The main character is a light novel fanatic, who especially loves reading reincarnation novels. Tired of his dull life as a salaryman, he wishes only for death so that he may reincarnate as the future hero of a mythical world.

And soon, he does die. And he is reincarnated into a fantasy land. But as a shopkeeper, and not a hero.

Hating the fact that his new life consists of only waiting for the true hero to come and sell him stuff, the MC secretly slips poison into one of the potions he sells him. The hero dies drinking it, and in his absence the demon lord rules.

Monsters siege nearly every major city, including the one the MC works at. One orc is about to kill him when he lets it slip that he was the hero killer.

Amazed by the MC's actions, the orc instantly stops her attack. As it turns out, she never wanted to be a warrior orc like her brethren - she actually wanted to become a baker.

The MC soon meets a myriad of people who want to escape the classes they were automatically assigned at birth - the dwarf who wants to become a scholar, the dark elf who wants to become a nun, the princess who wants to be a brawler. And so the MC decides to make his own party, with the express goal of meeting the gods themselves and abolishing the entire class system.
>>
Everybody here shits on light novels but I doubt more than 5% actually read them besides just watching adaptations and complaining.
>>
>>135766937
>I read too many power fantasies so when I finally get put in my place I act super entitled and enlist my special-snowflake. born-in-the-wrong-body friends to fight the deusarchy.
>It's also totally okay that I killed a person

Hahahahah
>>
>>135767047
Considering that the large population on /a/ ONLY watches anime, of course.
Absolutely hilarious to see people go off about how good certain anime are when they're all shitty adaptions of better works.

Here's to another year of hoping for a manga/LN board
>>
>>135767047
Thanks for making me the 5%

Seriously, I read light novels, and the deeper I go and the more I read the more I'm repulsed by the copypasta, self-inserts, and mediocre writing.
>>
>>135767094
Better than the "totally always right" MC that plagues LNs. He'd be put in his place dozens of times.
>>
>>135767156
I'm saying they're good, I've only read a few series myuself.

Just fucking idiots everywhere here talking about shit that they don't even read. It's present with VN's and to a lesser extent manga too, hell even old anime.

LN's get the most of it though.
>>
>>135767271
*not saying they're good
>>
>>135766937
>the dark elf who wants to become a nun
topk3ks
>>
1989-1990 Nikkei 225 stock market crash in Tokyo

It's November 1989. Japan is at its peak. Everyone is dancing in the streets with wealth. A young shounen boy, recently graduated from high school, gets a job at trading firm XYZ as an entry-level analyst. He wants to work hard to "make Japan great and do the right thing." He works with the following characters:

-Vulgar 45 y.o. CEO with typical Yakuza-like attitude.
-Sexy 30 y.o. cougar executive secretary with DDD tits. Tries to woo MC because "fresh meat".
-Typical tsundere 19 y.o. chick with ponytail who also just got a new job there. Tries desperately to get MC's attention because she wants to be "friends".
-Shy, clumsy, megane 17 y.o. girl, CEO's daughter, who immediately falls in love with MC after he defends her from typical faceless men who laugh at her clumsiness.
-Bro-ish 22 y.o. best friend who gets MC caught up on the stock market world. Has secret crush on cougar.

Over the course of the next few weeks, the Nikkei 225 starts to lose over 25% of its value. Companies everywhere are going crazy in the impending sellout. XYZ suddenly loses half of its asset wealth one day in mysterious selloff trading. MC is blamed for "insider trading" and "causing irreversible damage to the company assets and Japan's economy". MC and harem must find the lost money and the real cause of this mess.

Whittu piggu american John Smith, in connection with Yakuza-esque CEO, sold millions of shares, in a conspiracy seeking to get rich and destroy Japan at the same time, while blaming MC as a spacegoat. After a treacherous cat & mouse chase game, a final battle on the XYZ's rooftop ensues, and John Smith falls to his death... or did he...?

I know it's painfully generic, but I'd watch/read it anyway.
>>
File: Its not you, its me.jpg (92 KB, 502x360) Image search: [Google]
Its not you, its me.jpg
92 KB, 502x360
Help! My Big Brother's Magical Imouto Harem Doesn't Believe He's Gay!
A kindhearted, handsome highschool boy discovers that over the course of his life he's managed to assemble a harem of weird adopted little sisters with strange abilities who are all deeply in love with him. However, he's secretly gay, though none of his harem will believe him. His only confidante is his actual blood related little sister(who was raised by other relatives for several years before moving in with the brother), who works with him to foil the advances of the harem. What he doesn't know, though, is that his "sister" is actually a trap cross dressing as a girl to make it easier to express her feelings for her brother thinking he was always straight. Too embarrassed to reveal her deception to her brother, she slowly becomes friends with her brothers unintentional harem even as she secretly tries to dissuade their advances all the while searching for a way to reveal the truth to her brother.
>>
>>135749505
reddits
>>
>>135767708
You're doing it wrong. Bait them with moe girls then have them have in-depth discussions about securities deposits and rate anticipation swaps, until they ganbatte and make a killer portfolio, then head to the casino for the OVA.
>>
>>135767791
>that his "sister" is actually a trap
I was with you until this point. Fuck trapshit.
>>
>>135747644
In the not-so-distant fututre, low birth rates and explosion on the number of cases of "Social Mental Deficiencies" (Low self-steem, Autism, etc.) force the japanese goverment to create "Youth Gathering Spaces" dedicated to the "Education the young on matters of Civic Services and Social Interactions", at first glance, they function like big Entretainment Centres (or Arcades in the West) where young people (ages 12 to 18) are forced to stay in and play Enhanced Reality games (ER for short) or simply talking until they are allowed to leave.
Of course there is a darker side to it.

All is fine until the "competitions" and the "activities" begin. These, unlike the previous harmless games, have the intent of pushing the kids to "think as a team", "cooperate" and "express themselves clearly", as well as teaching them "Usefull life leasons". These "games" range from a harmless ball-game in a ER enviroment to a bizarre "Parental Skills" and program to a morbid "Survival Exercises" activity.

The MC is a smart yet antisocial young man, that has a surprisingly charismatic personality online (or on the so called Flow, the future VR of the Internet) but is very stilted in person. The story follows his time on this place and the frinds he makes there and how he learns to find courage in himself and even love.

Special mention goes to the "Parental Skills" program I've already mentioned, where the MC and his love interest are paired up and forced to go through a advanced version of the old "Raise this Egg" cliche you see so often in old cartoons, where they are forced to take care of a VR child (how's features are based on a mix of the two "parents") through many stages of it's development, going from the basic "change diapers" to the emotionally devastating scenerio where a young version of their VR child starts choking, and they are forced to figure out what to do without any adult supervision.
>>
Generic fantasy world, MC has his elf harem and shit.
Except MC is actually a blacksmith whose dream is to build a gundam and he's metalsexual and travels the land trying to become a mech.
>>
>>135768412
In an alternative universe he is elfsexual and gundam girls want to fuck him, he tries to figure out how to modify the gundams
>>
Sekai Leader Gakuen

In the future, the governments of the world have been replaced with a completely meritocratic system. Each country in the global federation has their leader elected by a series of tests and exams, designed to select the best leaders by their character, intelligence, past accomplishments, and other qualifications. It is all run by an artificial intelligence program. This system has been working well for almost a hundred years.

In Japan, the MC goes to her high school and lives a relatively normal life. She’s a bit shy and unsure of herself but she has never encountered anything that impeded her. During the election that happens every two years, she fills out the test without giving it a second thought, being required to do so as a citizen. The next morning, she woke up to cameras flashing outside her window.

It turns out that she was selected by the AI in charge of the test as the next leader of Japan. Not only that, but all the other leaders selected are also high school girls. They are taken to the world’s capital where they must go to school and lead the modern world together.
>>
>>135747644
Get summoned to a different world as a tampon, hijinks ensues.
>>
>>135747644
Cute rockstars actually playing music instead of fucking around in a classroom while claiming to be a music group.
>>
>>135747644
A Light Novelist falls in love with an idol but the idol is actually his imouto in disguise and his rival novelist too, and his imouto is a brocon as well.
>>
>>135748370
>>135748719
ONORE DECADE
>>
>>135767271
I used to really enjoy them, but when you take the dive into the medium as a whole there's a lot of shit circulating.
>>
Liberty Lost
In 20xx, the US presidential elections is won by the Democrats who used the allure of social 'justice', feminism and 'diversity' to win against the Republicans who emphasize the need of genuine freedom and free speech which the Democrats will take away. With this new Democrat led government in power, the US slowly became authoritarian alongside Canada, eventually forming the Northern Liberal Front(NLF). Europe in contrast went full opposite with rampant civil disorder caused by left wing policy with Russia siding with them, forming a rival to the NLF.

Most Asian nations try to stay neutral but with left wing ideologies infecting its citizens, the Asian continent is a house divided. Most countries submit and bow to the whims of the NLF. China despite being Asia's superpower remains silent and Japan, resistant.

With Japan being resistant to the NLF's left wing ideologies, the NLF launches an invasion of Japan, dropping Gravity Bombs to subvert its will before launching a ground invasion.

MC is a Japanese citizen who lives in the NLF's new territory where liberal propaganda is played and subtily fed to its subjects in an Orwellian manner. MC leaks out details and pictures of life in this totalitarian regime to the EU.

One day he is contacted by a mysterious anon, leading him to reluctantly join an underground resistance against the NLF and partake in an operation to destroy an NLF facility in Okinawa where nodes for a special system CALVIN(Central Autonomous Logical Volitional Interference Network) is being installed. CALVIN itself is a programmed by the NLF to control its citizens and ensure that they will subscribe to Political Correctness.

CALVIN itself is named after theologian John Calvin. The administration of the NLF will be shown to be parallel to how he ruled Geneva. It's president is heavily based on Hillary Clinton with her vice being based on Canadian president, Justin Trudeau.
>>
File: Fuck you chosen one.jpg (61 KB, 437x425) Image search: [Google]
Fuck you chosen one.jpg
61 KB, 437x425
>>135747644
A soldier deemed traitor after saving the king's daughter from molestation of some man. The man actually a person that came from another world and according to the ancient prophecy, is the hero that will save the world from the demon lord.

The story is about how the soldier struggle, clearing his name from being capped a traitor and trying to survives before getting executed by his own kingdom the one he devoted his life to, while the called "hero" goes on a fun adventure with multiple love interest in the back story without knowing what the "traitor" have gone through because of that.
>>
File: 1436194593748.jpg (56 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1436194593748.jpg
56 KB, 640x640
>>135748934
Fuck off with your cli-
>Also, MC is voiced by Jouji Nakata for some reason.

Pick the fuck up.
>>
A nerd wakes up in an mmo

The mmo is unfinished and the story is about him trying to avoid falling through the ground and dying

It's a lewd mmo like TERA but the nerd is asexual

All the girls want his dick but he's a cuck and the story is about him trying to make the girls fall in love with orcs
>>
>>135760307
An anon falls in love with a forced meme.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with a threadly reminder. Never minding the strange premise, he immediately posts it, and is overjoyed to find out that anons have a crush on it as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's meme to the anons, they only look at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the copypasta he posted was shit.

He then procedes into going >>>/out/ of /a/
>>
File: Capture.png (2 KB, 352x34) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2 KB, 352x34
I am deeply disappointed in every single one of you.
>>
>>135773061
>trying easy mode
>nigger, feminist or liberal confirmed
>>
MC (that's his name literally), an otaku who shitposts on imageboards and masturbates to 2d, is transported into another world where magic is nearly going extinct. When he arrives THE MAGIC COMES BACK as he is like a font of magic, and several organizations are after him, including a witch in training which fell on top of him from the sky who wants witches to return to their former glory.
>>
Wrote this one a few days ago, forgot to save it but I remember most of it.

FeMC chan is about to enter high school. Believing that she is now all grown up, she decides to get a boyfriend. The only problem for her is that she is going to attend an all girl school.

Rumors soon start to fly around, saying that from time to time guys will dress up as girls to enter FeMC chan's high school. Taking notice of that, our heroine begins her pursuit of a guy in the academy so he can become her boyfriend.

Little does she know that every single person in the school but her is actually a trap. Hilarity ensues as FeMC chan tries to get someone to drop the wig and dress and becomeher manly lover.
>>
DRAMA
>>
>>135774147
JUST
>>
MC is a male idol in a band with otherwise all female musicians. They are wildly popular with young teen and tween girls who only like their dumbest, most corporately crafted songs along with fujoshi who ship him with his voice actor younger brother.

This enrages him so he starts openly insulting his fans, doing hard drugs and fucks every member of his band

except the bassist

Throughout all this they only get more popular and his misery escalates until he is gifted with a deus ex machina providing a girl's phone number Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls it, and is overjoyed to find a girl on the other line who understands exactly what he is going through.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's conversation to the girl who he meets through his agency, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he met. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who is popular with otaku she despises, who too is blissfully unaware of how much her bassist wants to fuck her.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer their overwhelming depression. While the two chase their drug benders and their real lives start to seem phony, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.
>>
File: 1270926010098.jpg (1 MB, 1342x1020) Image search: [Google]
1270926010098.jpg
1 MB, 1342x1020
DanielFromSL goes to Sword Art Online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGJLdnN0xHY
>>
>>135747729
>RPG
>role-playing game
>not about gaming

let's also have a harem series with no cute girls in it
>>
File: 1407807911515.jpg (39 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1407807911515.jpg
39 KB, 500x500
Fellas fellas

If we are going to make a world that isn't a cut-and-paste RPG LN world (I fucking love those LNs but apparently other people don't for some reason) we are going to need /tg/-levels of cooperation

Let's first think of ideas on what the magic system is and what is the history behind the world.
>>
>>135747729
RPG NPCs invade real life
>>
>>135747644
wish lottery where people are granted each others wishes instead
>>
>>135775790
GATE?
>>
yuri harem Fantasy Adventure
>>
>>135775727
Magic system
based on dicks
history
the history is dicks
people
the people are dicks
The story
dicks exist
the mc
a dick
>>
>>135775892
sounds like alice tale
I think the protag collected the harem way too fast though, such little interaction between the characters as well
I think the author is just really bad
>>
>>135775727
The magic system is based on souls. History behind the world is that darkness consumed the world over 300 years ago.

Alright, what's next? I've never done /tg/-level cooperation.
>>
File: 1263881105678.jpg (146 KB, 600x955) Image search: [Google]
1263881105678.jpg
146 KB, 600x955
>>135775727
It's a generic fantasy world rpg but the protag does things like clipping through the floor and hobbling people, renaming poisons as health potions, luring low level guys into deadly encounters and then blocking the exit while laughing, and luring high level monsters into towns.
>>
>>135776625
I'd read that and argue about its "edginess" on 4chan.
>>
I just remembered an old idea from /a/

Loliconvict!
A middle aged everyday salaryman leads a normal life, except that he is a lolicon. One day, either through misunderstandings or by actually submitting to his urges, he is arrested and sentenced to life imprisonment. However, when he arrives at his prison, he finds out that it's a corrective facility for young children!
He finds out that his record and another 12 year olds girl has been accidentally swapped, and noone seems to care for some reason.
Hijinks ensue as he attempts to hold back his lolicon urges and adapt to his new weird life among the lolis.
Every so often we are shown the child who was actually thrown in prison and the brutal lifestyle she is currently leading in comparison.
>>
>>135776538
that's sounds a lot like Kumo desu ga

and FFVII
>>
>>135776731
in that series you get a few abilities and skill points for the reborn compensation, and access to ruler class skills easily
Of course the MC got more than a little help but she started with no original skills anyways
>>135776702
/a/ can be such a dick
>>
>>135776690
It'd be really funny and you know it.
>>
>>135747644
The MC actively spend the entire series trying to avoid being the MC. Each episode is a different genre.
>>
something like Umareru but for the Tensei fantasy LNs

>MC is a pathetic loser that believes if he gets another chance he would do things right
>gets another chance in the fantasy world
>gets a bunch of cheat abilities
>causes death and suffering to everyone involved
>oppresses everyone in a brutal regime he's made for himself
>series ends with him getting sealed for 10000 years by a plucky band of heroes
>epilogue has him getting out only for a another band of heroes to kill him outright
>>
>>135777107
Sounds like that sloth one.
>>
>>135777174
sloth wins though
even when best boy rebelled he still won by getting sad
literally
>>
>>135777174
only sloth series I know of is Lazy King

but I don't see any similarities between them
>>
>>135775727
fuck "magic systems" we need a fucking pantheon

need descriptions for

king of gods
god of war
god of harvests
god of knowledge
god of beauty
god of good
god of evil
etc.
>>
>>135777485
There isn't enough crazy greek god antics in anime. I want more series like noragami and such.
>>
>>135777485
>King of Gods
That guy who is like a Magi, goes around finding potential gods.

>God of War
He's like Angel and Devil and corrupts people.

>God of Harvests
Rain, something about rain.

>God of Knowledge
He's a librarian.

>God of Beauty
Exists in all of us. People who have more of the God of Beauty in them are more beautiful.

>God of Good
>God of Evil
Same as God of Beauty.

>God of Etc.
The God who is supposed to represent all else in the world. He sucks at his job, but he tries hard and the people adore him for that. He's a shota too.
>>
>>135747644
Story about game characters who are actually sentient beings.
-MC is playing the Hero in a Dragon Quest-like game
-Whenever MC turns his game off, in-game hero goes into a sleep/coma
-His party members and other NPC do their own thing without progressing the game story
-One of the sentient NPC actually interacted with the Hero, deviating from the game script
-Hero falls in love with the NPC
>>
>>135777786
Pretty sure that's how Dragon Quest I was. Princess fell in love with you and I have no idea why. Just because.
>>
>>135777526
Noragami was a comfy anime though.
>>
MC is an amnesiac trying to discover who he is in an RPG. Travelling through a magical land, he set his sights for the Demon Kingdom to challenge the demon king, upon the fortune-teller's prophecy of an unseen fate for the MC. MC then meets a young lad out for revenge and trains him. They meet more companions as they go on to fight monsters, traverse the land, and to tighten their friendship.

Later on, MC finds out that he has no memories because he himself was actually an NPC, and the lad he trained was the main character of the game. In disillusionment, MC was able to unlock the powers of a GM and destroyed the demon king with ease, taking the throne for himself. Drama ensues between the lad and the now demon king MC.
>>
>>135773694
What a slut.

>>135766937
>Orc
>she
Make the orc male and a bro
>>
>>135777485
>king of gods, god of light, god of darkness
There's a god of creation and god of destruction and both are good and bad in their own way. Whereas the creator god creates everything, it creates EVERYTHING (think Nurgle from 40k) and likewise the god of destruction wants to destroy everything including the shit you don't like, so who worships what depends on what position they are in.

>God of war, god of mischief, god of politics
Not warlike in the slightest since he doesn't actually fight in any wars. Disguises himself as charismatic bishounen sneaks into people's politics and fucks over everyone's foreign policy to instigate wars between them (though he probably also modernized your army and created a good military budget so it's all good).

>God of beauty, nature, harvest, lust, art
Entity that loves everything and is loved by everything (even humans), If s/he is caught between two living things chances are they are going to fight for it. When she had enough of the bullshit she hides away for an entire season (hence winter).

>God of Death
overworked bureaucrat that has his hands full sorting out the dead and thus doesn't have any time for you. Can be bribed.

>God of Knowledge, Magic, Secrecy
Originally a judge that controlled the world and withheld knowledge from everyone. Until a human from another world killed him, stole all of his god powers and knowledge and spread knowledge and magical abilities to his fellow humans, now he lives in a mountain he called "Mt Fuji" and occasionally gives knowledge to those who seek it.
>>
My Older Sister is a Christmas Cake so Now She's Forcing Me to Marry Her Because of a Silly Promise I Made To Her When I Was 7 and She Was 10 but I Already Have a Wife and Four Year Old Daughter?
>>
>>135778502
I'm pretty sure this is a thing already.
>>
>>135778539
It probably is. Everything's been done.
>>
>>135778557
Has there been people get transported to a fantasy world but end up crippled upon arrival?
>>
>>135778668
So, like reverse Final Fantasy Tactics Advance?

Probably, but I wouldn't know where to find it. Sorry I can't help you with your fetish, anon.
>>
>>135778410
>tfw you can just make Japan the transported fantasy land that has been ruined by introduction of new Gods
>>
>>135775727
If we made a world, everyone should just write short stories about it and we compile it and release it as a WN.
>>
File: 1450256080205.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1450256080205.jpg
95 KB, 1280x720
It's the story of an amnesic shounen, the shounen is being accused as a murderer and is being held responsible for the crash of a private aircraft.
During his search of his past, he encounters many enemies who afters his life. As the problem deepens, he finds that the reason he have certain inhuman capabilities (like being able to stop rain, or to be able to levitate) is because he inherits a special genes from the first human Adam, evidently because his ribs is incomplete, much like Adam's.
During his journey, he reunited with his old (female) friend, and they pursue a mutual quest for the truth.

From a web novel I currently maintain http://ncode.syosetu.com/n6701cx/
>>
>>135778940
Its a nice idea although I doubt /a/ would ever agree on a single world.
>>
>>135747644
>Mr. Perfect

We follow a charismatic psychopath and serial killer around on his journey to literally capture the hearts of 6 high school girls attending 6 different high schools all with in a very small radius of each other.

The show is falsely advertised as just another harem, with a slick art style and cookie-cutter types (loli, oppai, milf, megane, tomboy, etc) that aren't really all that special...until the key points, where you find out each of them suffered some ghastly form of abuse at some point in life, which Mr. Perfect learns about and reenacts before sawing open their chests and removing their hearts.

It's a horrible, horrible experience, excellent for pranking your friends with like An Anime Called Boku.
>>
Have a series where the MC gets another life over and over again

Just like have a full series about the MC working in his second life granted after his death, but then have it end in tragedy, then make a sequel where he gets a third life and tries to learn from the failures of the second life and have that end in tragedy, and so on.

have it so that he completely learns and changes his life differently and have the life go longer and more optimistic only to end in tragedy anyway

have him be the nicest guy in the world, only to get betrayed
then due to that make him the edgiest fuck ever, only to piss everyone off and have him die kicking and screaming with everyone cheering on
then have him be more conniving and scheming only for the game to get so convoluted that he ends up getting fucked by the simplest of things

shit like that
>>
>>135759257
That was a fun series. Shame both the manga and LN translations stopped halfway through the second novel.
>>
>>135780353
just loved that first battle

if that becomes an anime I'm definitely going to watch it
>>
>>135779989
Sounds roughly like KissxDeath
>>
File: 1452058337157.png (968 KB, 1172x1080) Image search: [Google]
1452058337157.png
968 KB, 1172x1080
>>135749291
Not him but I can usually deal with the typical light novel stuff since a lot of their cliches could also be extended to anime but the whole "Fantasy world that incorporates MMORPG mechanics" pisses me the fuck off.
I'm not talking about shit like SAO where the plot incorporates the MMORPG itself I'm talking about shit like where it might as well have been a regular fantasy world but they have shit like "I look at my character menu and see that I have a new ability?!?" after they beat something
>>
>>135780746
I liked it in Log Horizon, mostly because the world, and classes and shit are super detailed and the mechanics are still present, like when they buy the guild hall and stop people entering.
But in say Overlord? What benefit was there to it being an mmo? Couldn't it just been an evil lich awakens after many years and decides to conquer the world? I've not read the LN but overall the mmo theme just doesn't shine through there at all, except for times it's convenient.
>>
>>135780875
So they could do bullshit like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dxICJHd518&ab_channel=Yamigosaya
>>
>>135779744
Worked for Katawa Shoujo.
>>
>>135780875
>not understanding Overlord
>>
>>135748144
We already did that. Anime idea is something about skateboarding lolis that take over the world or something and Keanu Reeves or something kicks their ass.
>>
>>135748144
We don't have OG as an artist. Sorry.
>>
MC is a loli princess of a fantasy kingdom. Her reliable brother, the prince, recently left on diplomatic leave after a neighboring country requested aid. After a few days, only one man comes back, saying that it was a trap in order to kill the prince. With the young princess left to rule the kingdom, the neighboring country invades. Taking shelter, the princess and her attendant, a knight she's had a crush on for as long as she can remember, stumble upon an ancient shrine said to belong to the kingdom's guardian diety, a mighty dragon. A wound the princess sustained from the attack bleeds upon the shrine, and she is taken by a bright light. The knight only finds the princess' empty dress when the light vanishes.

When she awakens, the princess is greeted by the dragon himself, stating that he has been awakened himself after centuries of lost worship. The princess pleads with the dragon to help her defend her kingdom. The dragon, sensing her pure and noble heart, agrees, and a covenant is formed.

On the frontlines, the kingdom's army is aided by what appears to be a white-steel dragon. When the battle is won, the dragon disappears, and in its place, lays the princess, unconsciousness and naked, wearing only a strange necklace with a white egg jewel.

Thus begins a journey to unite the kingdoms of the continent, and put an end to the terror of the dark empire.

Think fantasy/magical girl/mecha. Other guardians of the different kingdoms would get involved as well.
>>
>>135781382
I like it. What do we do now?
>>
>>135781382
Does the loli die in the end?
What does the dragon take in return?
>>
>>135781082
That was started as a bad joke.
We need another bad joke.
>>
>>135781559
The loli became a Mahou Shoujo that works off the power of the Dragon.
>>
>>135749407

isn't this like ben 10 and irregular at magic high school combined?
>>
>>135781590
LNs are bad jokes. Why haven't we made a LN yet then?
>>
>>135781590
What is Keit-Ai?
>>
>>135781463
Oh, wait 'til I get going!

The other kingdoms include a country that is divided intentionally and fight against each other in a grand tournament every ten years to determine who gets to run the country and make decisions (think Regna Ferox from Fire Emblem Awakening). Their guardian is a red lion, commanded by a young boy, a knight's page who had stumbled upon the shrine by accident when he was out training. At first, it was believed only "noble blood" was needed to activate the guardian. Turns out that was a much broader definition than first believed.

The next is a deeply religious kingdom that's centered in the middle of a huge lake. Their gaurdian is a blue water dragon, commanded by the country's prophet, a boy whose birth was predicted by the previous prophet before their passing. Despite his age, he is very skilled with magic and utilizes it when piloting.

>>135781559
The dieties get a chance to interact with the human world using their consigned humans as a proxy. Otherwise, they'd be stuck in their own plane.

I'll describe a couple of the other kingdoms next.
>>
>>135747644
Vanadis medieval warfare with Maouyuu economics.

Let's add a 'character from our world transported to medieval fantasy world and became king' mix as well.
>>
>>135781725
>>
>>135747644
Shota Benjamin Franklin is doing his kite experiment but instead of catching lightning, the goddess of thunder descends. To get her to reveal the secrets of electricity, Ben Franklin must gain her favor.
>>
>>135747644
MC-kun is a student at one of those crappy battle high schools for students with special snowflake powers. He's secretly the strongest student with OP powers. All the countries actually know about the fact that he's pretty much God and since (for once) they aren't all clinically retarded, they're busy kissing his ass so he doesn't obliterate their countries. He joined the school to stalk his waifu who's a student there. He feel in love with at first sight and has been trying to woo her ever since.
>>
Is there a light novel where they talk about the Yakuza in a slightly serious, dramatic tone? Like The Sopranos or something.
>>
>>135775560
good idea
>>
File: das auto.jpg (99 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
das auto.jpg
99 KB, 1280x720
>>135748144
Air Gear? Anybody?

Anyway here's another one.
>Ice Man In Hell
It's Jojo meets Moeblob meets HOTD, with 20% more MENACING, 60% less panty shots and 150% more survival situations.

Upon hearing that God intends to judge the earth much sooner than expected, the devil launches a full-scale invasion upon the earth, determined to take as many souls as he can before last call. The invading demons take the form of loli succubi who swarm through towns and cities, causing chaos, wreaking havoc and seducing and/or killing everyone they encounter. The only one who can defeat them is a based-as-fuck delinquent named Ice who has no intention of going to hell until he's bored of life—and hell knows they just made it a lot more fun. With the help a qt weight lifting coach, a level 50 wizard and a robot loli conspiracy theorist with a rocket-powered baseball bat, Ice embarks on a quest for the one thing that can be used to blackmail the devil into ending the loli apocalypse.
>>
>>135781884

Another kingdom exists on a great mountain, obscured by clouds. A simple folk, they hang tightly to a tradition of isolationism. Their guardian is a giant yellow bird, commanded by a young girl who was deemed "the odd one", who tried to call attention to a great evil coming, but they fell on deaf ears.

The next is a tribal kingdom located in the deep forests. Their diety, a giant green stag, is commanded by the kingdom's priestess, a young girl who recieves the word of the guardian in her dance.

I can go on to the antagonist kingdom if anybody's interested.
>>
File: 1446805144823.jpg (361 KB, 605x858) Image search: [Google]
1446805144823.jpg
361 KB, 605x858
>No fucking Keit-Ai
>No Keit-Ai with fucking

A boy wants to have sex with a girl.

Unable to put it in, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the location of the girls vagina. Never minding the strange body area, he immediately puts it in, and is overjoyed to find out that it fits really well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's session with the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the vagina he fucked is not the girls real vagina. In fact, it doesn't exist in this universe at all. It is the girl's alternate universe vagina, who wants to have sex with the MC's own AU dick, who too is blissfully unaware of the location of her vagina.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the sexual organs of their other selves. While the two chase their respective sexual organs, HENTAI ACTS ensues as they begin to fuck with each other instead and question the NATURE of SEXUAL INTERCOURSE.

>Hent-Ai! Because, you know, they're horny and it's a love story. Get it, get it?
>>
>>135782838
Just do the whole thing.
>>
>>135748297
Threadly reminder that you should stop posting that because it's a thing.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
>>
File: Prep for postin.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Prep for postin.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>135780949
My favorite scene.
>>
File: 1451878276878.jpg (55 KB, 490x440) Image search: [Google]
1451878276878.jpg
55 KB, 490x440
>>135760307
>>
File: 8f3e9eeb0bec8a722797917a.jpg (172 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
8f3e9eeb0bec8a722797917a.jpg
172 KB, 1920x1080
>>135750310
>>135768352
>>135779055

picking concepts that is genuinely interesting.
...or this kind of threads is just meme?
>>
>>135778502
The length of the title just makes it.
>>
>>135783123
We do things.
Sometimes.
>>
File: 1432249122306.jpg (164 KB, 1256x1342) Image search: [Google]
1432249122306.jpg
164 KB, 1256x1342
Title: Kikimora

Out-of-shape NEET meets a girl online and somehow arranges a date. Turns out she's a former army drill sergeant from a Slavic country, and now she's upset at his sloppy life-style. She decides to use her amazing abilities to put him back on the right track. Sexy times ensue, but also lots of squats.
>>
>>135783172
This is a romcom right?
>>
File: 1483806803618.jpg (111 KB, 960x515) Image search: [Google]
1483806803618.jpg
111 KB, 960x515
>>135747644
>>135748297
>>135760307
>>135772784
>>135782848
>>135782877
>>
>>135783211
Yes, but there's no harem and the main couple have sex regularly.
>>
>>135783242
What's the conflict?
>>
File: 1442977511149.png (87 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1442977511149.png
87 KB, 500x500
>>135783253
In SoL, the conflict is cat.
>>
>>135783253
His inability to take charge of his own life. He's out of shape, he's a NEET. She doesn't approve, and wants to help him help himself.
>>
>>135783288
So first chapter when?
>>
A classroom of students get transported to another world that's like an rpg to save it from certain destuction from the demon kingdom. Only the story doesn't follow them at all. The MC is a shopkeeper looking to profit off of all the changes and happenings going on in the world, looking to scam both sides out of as much cash as possible.
>>
>>135780875
It really fucking annoyed me in Danmachi.

It was basically a classic fantasy world with no 'trapped in game bullshit' but then suddenly Hestia and Bell started talking about how his stats went up and maybe he'll get level 2 soon. I almost dropped it at that second.
>>
File: Shitpost-Ai.png (706 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Shitpost-Ai.png
706 KB, 1280x720
>>135772784

A shitposter hopes Keit-ai posters will die a horrible death.

Unable to act on his wishes, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with a Death Note. Never minding the strange book, he immediately writes "Keit-ai posters", and is overjoyed to find out that Keit-ai posters has died a horrible death.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to Hiroyuki, he only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the Keit-ai posters he killed is not the same Keit-ai posters he wanted to die horrible deaths. In fact, they doesn't exist in this universe at all. They are the Keit-ai posters alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the shtiposter's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of Keit-ai posters.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to make Keit-ai posters from shitposter's universe die horrible deaths. While the two chase their respective hated ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of SPAM.
>>
>>135783317
Only adventurers talk about it though.
>>
>>135783304
I had a chuuni fantasy like that, only that everyone becomes generals and lead armies against one another.
>>
>>135783302
I dunno. When pigs fly?
>>
>>135783304
What's his special power?
>>
>>135782838

The last is a dark empire, risen from the ashes of many internal wars, its history a series of coups and assassinations. The current emperor has gone on the longest unopposed, any attempts to overthrow him ending in abject failure. Rumors abound of the empire's court wizard utilizing dark magicks in order to maintain the emperor's position of power. Whether this empire has a guardian diety like the other kingdoms is unknown, but the power of their army make such intervention unnecessary. The state of their citizenry is either dismal or grand, depending on which side of the imperial city you ask. Drastically divided amongst its rich and poor, the rich revel in indulgences, while the poor suffer in squalor. Talks also abound of the empire looking to expand its borders, no matter who might already own the territory.

That's about it for setting. I might actually write this out.
>>
File: 1381588374737.png (120 KB, 336x287) Image search: [Google]
1381588374737.png
120 KB, 336x287
>>135747729
A sirrah falleth in loveth with a wench.

Unable to confess, that gent is gifted by a deus ex machina with the lass's carrier pigeon. Nev'r minding the strange bird, that gent immediately sent a message to that lady, and is overjoyed to findeth out that she hath an infatuation on that gent as well.

But, the next day, at which hour that the sir recounts the previous day's confessions to the wench, the damsel only looks at that gent with the most perplexed expression. After some investigation, that same gentleman findeth out that the wench that he hath messaged is not the same wench he hath fallen in love with. In fact, the fair maiden doesn't exist in this plain of reality at all. This woman is her alternate counterpart from another world, who hath fallen in love with the beguiled hero's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of that unrequited love.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to giveth each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons the couple needeth to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as these would-be lovers beginneth to falleth in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.
>>
>>135783354
Do share more chuuni fantasies. They're all LN material after all.
>>
>>135783367
The ability to convince anyone to purchase something at 300% of the standard market value.
>>
File: 1448005027434.jpg (3 MB, 5555x5555) Image search: [Google]
1448005027434.jpg
3 MB, 5555x5555
>>135783144
I knew it.
>>
>>135783356
O-oh... Back to nothing, I guess.
>>
>>135783400
What's he plan to do with all that money?
>>
>>135783304
>The MC is a shopkeeper looking to profit off of all the changes and happenings going on in the world, looking to scam both sides out of as much cash as possible.

Make the MC a loli and I'd buy the BDs.
>>
>>135783473
It's a light novel, anon.
>>
>>135766072
already seen this stuff somewhere but i don't remember where
>>
>>135783396
All my chuuni fantasies are like that, they involve large armies and politics/economics instead of superpowers or harems.
My main chuuni is the one where the whole class is transported to a fantasy world, for bullshit reasons the god assigns them as immortal kings and they proceed to play real-world Civilisation.
Obviously, the MC kicks everyone's asses with cannons and Tercio formations.
Eventually, he advances to current age technology level and fights against his former love interest who's the queen of the hidden magic kingdom in a technology vs magic finale.
It's really autistic, I know. There's tons of politics, geopolitics, economics and world building that I can't really describe here though.
>>
File: ku-xlarge.jpg (155 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
ku-xlarge.jpg
155 KB, 640x360
>>135783449
To do pic related.

>>135783473
Why not?
>>
>>135783497
Being autistic will rake you in money if you it down on paper.
>>
>>135783497
Turn it into a book dude. It sounds interesting and autistic fantasies that people make up in their heads tend to sell like hotcakes.
>>
>>135783386
Keep us posted in these threads.
>>
Face it, guise. Keit-Ai is inescapable. Like a black hole.
>>
>>135781659
Yeah it is
>>
>>135783509
I miss seeing shopkeepers like the one from the Ragnarok anime. She used all her money in the end to beat the boss.
>>
File: 1408431640406.jpg (78 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
1408431640406.jpg
78 KB, 500x357
Title: Pugilist League

Set in a pseudo-Victorian steampunk setting, our MC is living with just his servants at the stately manor while his parents have gone overseas on important business. He has an affair with two women; his old governess, who has an affinity for sadism and tends to force her pleasures on the young master, and his old nanny, who is still unmarried but lactating and gladly suckles him.
The MC experiences a small crisis when he realizes he is still living like a child, despite being 22, and heads out into districts of ill-repute, where he befriends a man who makes soaps out of whale-fat. They have a fight, and find it enjoyable.
They start the Gentlemen's Pugilist League.
>>
>>135747644
If I were to write a light novel I'd write an unpretentious love drama.
Unlike manga, Light Novels just don't perform with normalfags like our tankobon bound friends do.

Fundamentally I know I'm no great artist. I'm in it for money and all I can hope to attain is genre competency. The money's in the blue water.
>>
The MC is a fish. Fish that can eat a lot grow bigger and evolve into tougher, stronger, faster fish. The MC lives a large lake and is nothing more than one member in a school of tiny fish. The king of the lake one day devours everyone in the school except for the MC. All alone the MC now must survive and maybe grow big enough to take on The King.
>>
>>135783677
Is this for fujos?
>>
>>135783691
What kind of powers do fish have?
>>
>>135783708
MC is weak as shit so nothing. I'd imagine The King's main ability would to be able to create a vortex that sucks everything into his awaiting stomach.
>>
>>135783752
This story sounds pretty sad. Beat The King and then wallow in sadness that everyone is dead and he's alone.
>>
>>135783690
I think /a/ would praise even a shitty artist as long as they actually did something.
>>
File: 1418228060446.jpg (691 KB, 1763x2524) Image search: [Google]
1418228060446.jpg
691 KB, 1763x2524
The MC is on a plane-trip to go meet his parents, who have decided the whole family should move overseas, when a magic storm happens, and the plane ends up in an alternate reality!
Everyone dies except him, and he finds himself stranded in a jungle, where he tries to survive without eating dead bodies. Eventually he's discovered by a tribe of Amazons, who treat him as a sort of holy creature because he came from the sky.
The rest of the story is about various girls fighting a tournament for the right to marry him.
>>
> characters in their late 10's to early 20's in college
> MC is gay
> girls are in love with their boyfriends.
> don't worry, mc doesn't steal them, he rather prefers as clean and building relationships
> boyfriends cheat
> every girl sad.
> MC cheers them up
> makes every girl laugh.
> girls fall in love
> dude states he is gay but flattered
> they don't give a shit
> harem scenario
> rape him
> MC mindbroken and turned into a fuccboi for all the girls.
>>
>>135783690
Write the LN and someone will adapt it if its decent.
Or hell, just look at OPM, you don't need good art to be popular. And it's not like a romcom would have particularly complicated or detailed art pieces.
>>
>>135783526
>>135783559
>people actually find mu chuuni shit interesting
Well, this is a strange feeling. I've actually starting formatting it more like a book in my head lately, maybe I'll sit down and try my hand. I used to spend hours studying the evolution of gunpowder weapons and medieval/renaisance battle tactics to make my shit more believable in my head.
>>
>>135783897
That just makes it even better. Seriously dude write it down.
>>
I posted this once long ago, but I've been planning this story on my spare time. I want to make it a deconstruction of the battle academy genre.

>A far-future world where the most popular sport is a semi-digital medieval tournament game
>The players are official knights, they fight exclusively with melee weapons, no magic or guns
>The game consists of various modes like duels, small team deathmatches, and large, 30-man raids in varying battlegrounds
>For each game, players may set any one demand of their choosing and the loser must obey
>Everything, including wars between nations, are settled through the game, and every country has their representative team
>The MC becomes a student in a European academy that trains knights, with the overall goal of making a career as an outstanding, exemplary knight
>Each class makes up a knight team to battle the other classes in curricular matches, but individual students can freely challenge each other to duels at any time
>For each victorious match, the students are awarded points, which they may use to upgrade their gear
>The MC's class is a bunch of losers and delinquents, all the good knight candidates were recruited by other classes
>To meet his goal of becoming a model knight, the MC must somehow pull the class together and recruit decent combatants, despite being branded a misfit like the rest and getting into trouble all the time
>Rather than the MC fighting some new, OP asshole every volume and raising his powerlevel, the story is more about honing teamwork and managing human relations
>The girls don't magically fall in love with the MC after being caught in their underwear
>Battles with actual coreography and strategy instead of spamming supermoves or using THAT
>The big twist is that the game system was originally developed to fight monsters that have taken over most of the world, but the monsters were too strong, so the game became a form of escapism instead

Any ideas what else you'd like to see?
>>
>>135783876
>tfw ONE's art is better than yours
>>
>>135784011
>the story is more about honing teamwork and managing human relations
So like sports anime?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.