[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your excuse for reading bleach/naruto/onepiece/current
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: 1.jpg (46 KB, 400x261) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
46 KB, 400x261
What's your excuse for reading bleach/naruto/onepiece/current shit and ignoring Tezuka and what a good manga is?
>>
>>135719200
Tezuka has shit art.
>>
i like blackjack
>>
>>135719200
I'm not a hipster pleb who correlates age with quality.
>>
>>135719273
Tezuka has the highest quality in the history of manga, there's a reason why he's so acclaimed. Try reading something, like The three Adolfs, the book of human insects, buddha, kirihito sanka.
>>
>>135719273
Tezuka has the highest quality in the history of manga, there's a reason why he's so acclaimed. Try reading something, like The three Adolfs, the book of human insects, buddha, kirihito sanka.
>>
>>135719514
I tried reading his shit once, fell asleep 20 pages in, the art is amateurish at best and the outdated slapstick humor is a fucking insult to anyone remotely intelligent
>>
>>135719514
>>135719515
hiro breaking the site again?
>>
>>135719586
What were you reading? He's one of the most prolific authors so hard to tell if you were reading something that now feels outdated. Take a look at those mentioned above.
>>
>>135719514
> there's a reason why he's so acclaimed
He's so acclaimed because he was the biggest guy around in the foundational period of anime. Not that he's not good, but OP needs to fuck off.
>>
>>135719586
*tips beret*
>>
>>135719200
I can't find good translations of his works.
And no, Viz's shit is not good.
>>
>>135719586
Personally I think his drawing never improved as much as his writing did over his early years. His art was plain functional and lacked the subtlety his intricate and multifaceted plots required.
>>
>>135719200
Because Tezuka has objectively speaking some of the worst art and storytelling in the medium,just because he was the first to do it doesn't mean he hasn't been surpasse dlong ago.
Nowadays even garbage like Bleach is still far better than anything by Tezuka.
>>
>>135719260
That was to compensate the time he researched from that amount of manga he wrote.
>>
I got cancer by the comments. You've probably never read anything serious in your life. If you're not 15 or younger, broaden your readings. I gave you some titles, now you decide. I won't stop you if you want to keep eating shit.
>>
>>135719200

I can barely find some incomplete works from him. I wanted to read Phoenix years ago and I got only 3 separated parts and nothing else.
>>
File: 1448336243897.png (8 KB, 471x397) Image search: [Google]
1448336243897.png
8 KB, 471x397
>ignoring
He's my most read author,
>>
>>135719260
Simple, not shit.
>>
>>135721166
Good for you anon, you have good taste. But it's sadly nothing like that for most people here
>>
>>135721166
Good for you anon, you have good taste. But it's sadly nothing like that for most people here
>>
>people going hurr hurr the art is shit while ignoring paneling, layouts and composition
>>
>>135721065
You can find a lot of stuff on sites like mangafox, including those i mentioned before.
Phoenix is an incomplete work.
>>
>>135721919
>mangafox
No you can't. They don't host scans licensed works, because no one bothers uploading them there.
>>
File: ayako.jpg (109 KB, 680x507) Image search: [Google]
ayako.jpg
109 KB, 680x507
>>135721243
No, it's shit. It's a fairly generic style that requires little skill, because he did not have the skill of any semi-impressive modern artist, it isn't particularly appealing visually, and he can't even get basic shit right sometimes.
>>
>>135719200
I'm reading some Mizuki currently, sorry. I'll read more Tezuka someday, I only read Adolf ni Tsugu (which was pretty good).
>>
>>135719200
Buddha is my favorite manga, but the rest I've read isn't that special.

-MW is a fun, but not great.
-For every great chapter of Black Jack, there's an equally stupid one.
-And I just didn't care about Kirihito.
>>
>>135719260
Does not.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.