[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT animu that have not aged well.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: ad.jpg (460 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
ad.jpg
460 KB, 1024x768
ITT animu that have not aged well.
>>
File: f.sn_sluts.png (756 KB, 896x529) Image search: [Google]
f.sn_sluts.png
756 KB, 896x529
>>135706799
>>
>>135706799
What absolte twaddle
>>
>>135706799
Will you stop this shit already? I see nothing wrong with Azu Daioh, especially compared to most moeshit today.
>>
>>135707056
>>135707127
Your minds are clouded with nostalgia.
>>
>>135706799
I remember it being amazing, but it was one of my first anime, and since then there has been over 9000 clones, so yeah, it could perhaps have aged. But still, Osaka doesn't get old, she's as amazing as she always was, and didn't become a standard character archetype with clones in every series.
>>
(You)
you're mums snatch
>>
File: 活動写真.jpg (60 KB, 470x300) Image search: [Google]
活動写真.jpg
60 KB, 470x300
>>135706799
>>
>>135706799
ITT people who should kill themselves: OP
>>
>>135707238
What if I watched it for the first time last year?
>>
File: Put That Cat Down So Help Me.jpg (448 KB, 1919x1302) Image search: [Google]
Put That Cat Down So Help Me.jpg
448 KB, 1919x1302
>>135706799
You shouldn't throw "not aged well" around so carelessly. Yes, Azumanga Daioh has certainly aged, and you can see that in the visual style and animation, but that's really the only area in which it has become..."dated", let's call it. I say dated because Azumanga's style hasn’t aged poorly; it's just different and unused today. It has a more simplistic and cartoony feel to it, which I think is a modest choice since animating simplicity doesn't require a crazy-ass budget. The style also really compliments the shows idea: a laid-back comedy about everyday high school occurrences. You don’t need extravagant visuals or scores or anything like that for a simple concept like a Slice of Life.
It’s also hard to say Azumanga Daioh has aged poorly when it practically pioneered its entire genre, and that’s not to sound like a pretentious cunt but it really did. A lot of hijinks and scenarios that you’ll find in other SoLs probably came from Azumanga first (going to the beach, culture festivals, sports fests, school trips, etc.). Although this seems like a hipster “AD did it before it was popular” reason, it’s only the truth. If something that apparently aged so horribly inspired so many other animes, then aren’t those other ones just as bad?
>>
>>135706799
I watched it this year and was OK.
I've seen worse SoL.
>>
>>135709742
>A lot of hijinks and scenarios that you’ll find in other SoLs probably came from Azumanga first (going to the beach, culture festivals, sports fests, school trips, etc.)

These are things every Japanese student do. You do realize most animes are inspired by real life?
>>
>>135707127
>>135707378
>>135707848
Mad Status: SUPER DUPER MAD
>>
>>135709742
Inspiring other anime is one of the most important causes of anime aging poorly. When an anime gets enough clones it becomes less interesting, at least if the clones too are worthwhile. I don't know if that's the case for Azumanga, but if its main appeal was covering school life, and didn't have the great comedy and characters, then it would be a really shitty anime by today's standards. So aging may mostly come from anime originally being interesting due to its setting. If it has other qualities as well, it's less likely to age. But if all jokes in Azumanga Daioh were copied by other SoL anime, and Osaka became a character archetype like tsundere, then it would be hard to recommend it, other than for the sake of historical importance. Because then Azumanga would have been pure genericness, while more recent SoLs would have their own gimmicks and innovations to make them more interesting.
>>
>>135710281
Oh boy, look a new shitposting tripfag.
>>
File: slap pkmn.jpg (69 KB, 710x545) Image search: [Google]
slap pkmn.jpg
69 KB, 710x545
>>135706799
I read the manga last year and it's as fresh as new.
>>
>>135711826
The manga was always considerably better
>>
>>135706840
>implying DEEN/SN was ever good
>>
>>135706799
You start, OP
>>
>>135710224
It was the first SOL/comedy really.
>>
>>135713201
Yes, and it hasn't aged well.

The Kimura parts are especially grating.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.