[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is toukou using 3rd magic when she transports her soul to the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 17
File: touko.jpg (31 KB, 258x372) Image search: [Google]
touko.jpg
31 KB, 258x372
is toukou using 3rd magic when she transports her soul to the next doll?
i mean it's kinda similar right?
>>
I mean the magic is so iffy in the series you just kinda go along with it. Never really explained and just looks nice for when shit happens.
>>
>transports her soul
She didnt transport her soul anon. She copied/pasted there are multiple Toukos.
>>
File: oniisama.jpg (1 MB, 960x3240) Image search: [Google]
oniisama.jpg
1 MB, 960x3240
> trying to explain magic
>>
i thought her sister was the true magic one
>>
>>135705471
We arent talking about magic,anon. Magic and magecraft are completely different things in fate
>>
>>135705517
> Magic and magecraft are completely different things in fate
No, they aren't. Same inexplainable shit, just on a different scale.
>>
File: 24a0a128089f.jpg (40 KB, 511x511) Image search: [Google]
24a0a128089f.jpg
40 KB, 511x511
MAGIC IS ABOMINATION
>>
File: 2354352345.jpg (25 KB, 550x309) Image search: [Google]
2354352345.jpg
25 KB, 550x309
I love Touko. Too bad Fate a shit.
>>
File: 1448125046203.jpg (47 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1448125046203.jpg
47 KB, 500x375
>>135705585
Read the VN
>>
>>135706051
Touko and Aoko are collectively the best things about the Nasuverse.

Where's the team-up event which lets Aoko and Touko get together without wrecking eachother?
Make it happen, Nasu.
>>
>>135707487
They kinda worked together in fate/extra, were in the same room at least.
>>
Can Shiki beat this doll user?
>>
>>135707566
It was literally Touko saying "Aoko's a shit and I wouldn't trust her to do your alterations but since I'm busy, I'll leave it to her."

I'm more looking for some serious combination of batman runes and Starbow/Starmine team attacks.
>>
>>135707649
Shiki>Monk>>>Touko>>>>Fate maguses in general
>>
>>135705585
They are. Magecraft is something that can be done with modern science, Magic is more like a miracle that can't be achieved otherwise, like traveling between dimensions
>>
The 3rd magic is giving the soul a physical form, Touko just uses some clever magecraft to transfer her consciousness to the next doll.
>>
>>135708637
No. She explicitly states that there are multiple versions of her which are all perfect copies.
>>
>>135706051

Dirty sexy red
>>
>>135708854
In the box. Now.
>>
File: 34545345345.jpg (45 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
34545345345.jpg
45 KB, 640x640
>>135708854
>>
>>135708779
The dolls are perfect copies of her, but they aren't materializations of her soul
>>
>>135707805
>science can transport souls into dolls
>>
Its not magic, Its nothing special for a magus to put their soul in a familiar like Zouken with his worms. Touko's dolls are just so similar that when the one with her soul get destroyed Gaia doesn't realize that she should be dead so the soul moves over to the closest doll.
>>
>>135709451
This happens all the time in science fiction. Evangelion is a prime example.
>>
File: kimono.jpg (2 MB, 2617x4336) Image search: [Google]
kimono.jpg
2 MB, 2617x4336
>>135706051
Touko did nothing wrong, it's all Aoko's fault
>>
>>135707719
1. Sion
2. Touko
3. Rider/Riesbyfe
>>
File: guishen_0248ev0103b.jpg (286 KB, 1088x1344) Image search: [Google]
guishen_0248ev0103b.jpg
286 KB, 1088x1344
>>135710722
What did Aoko do wrong? All she did was to accept becoming the successor (a decision her grandfather had raised her into making, if you believe Eiri) and then defend herself when Touko threw an enormous hissy fit over it.
>>
File: 51639233_p0_resize.jpg (2 MB, 1500x2129) Image search: [Google]
51639233_p0_resize.jpg
2 MB, 1500x2129
Dirty Red is old and busted!

Miss Blue is the new hotness!
>>
>>135708854

How is she sexy?
>>
>>135709036
So where is the true/original Touko?
>>
>>135714048
Sleeping with beautiful women or ordering stuff online using Aoko's name
>>
>>135707487
>Touko and Aoko are collectively the best things about the Nasuverse.
Probably an overstatement, but not by much.

Touko and Aoko are basically superior Tohsakas if Tohsakas weren't such a shitty meme family.

Original > Replica
Aozaki > Tohsaka
>>
File: 1450745941718.jpg (241 KB, 1000x684) Image search: [Google]
1450745941718.jpg
241 KB, 1000x684
>>135715771
Aoko >>> Rin.
>>
>>135715771
>>135715971

Aoko isn't into girls though. That makes Rin superior.
>>
>>135705459
I still can't accept this shit.

So the actual Touko is long dead while these are just other Toukos with her memories? That means it doesn't have her original soul. I doubt it if they even has soul at all. They are just automaton driven by memorie, and Touko just fine being dead as it is. I don't get it.
>>
>>135716654
Actual Touko is alive and takes vacations while the puppet does the work.
She literally said this in 5th the movie.
>>
File: 34523452345.gif (137 KB, 500x285) Image search: [Google]
34523452345.gif
137 KB, 500x285
>>135713787
Look at this faggot.
>>
>>135711802
I'm sure Aoko is a fine girl on her own. Only reason I give her shit is because it's way easier to find good Aoko art then Touko art due to the sheer volume in comparison.
>>
File: 1424205510444.png (352 KB, 600x634) Image search: [Google]
1424205510444.png
352 KB, 600x634
>>135717287
Jealousy is an ugly trait, aneki.
>>
>>135716772
Except she never said that, also in the novel she explicitly stated that she realized that now that she had a perfect replica of herself she didn't need her original body and transferred her consciousness (although it was never specified if her soul too) to the doll, then after a while she got bored and made yet another doll and transferred her consciousness to the new one and has been repeating the cycle for who knows how many years.
>>
>>135713787
Everything
>>
>>135717711
didn't touko implied that she transferred her soul too?
>>
File: Aoko_Aozaki_3_mbaa.jpg (84 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
Aoko_Aozaki_3_mbaa.jpg
84 KB, 900x675
>>135716063
Stop exposing yourself as a super virgin.
All women are into girls in someway.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/female-sexuality-straight-women-turned-attractive-women-are-either-bisexual-or-gay-360486

It's scientifically proven in real life.

Rin's just a slut lusting for saber and the D
>>
>>135717865
>tfw dirty red will never get mad at you
>>
>>135718190

Rin wants Rider and Luvia as well though.
>>
>>135718189
It's not clear specially considering that it has never been a proper explanation of how souls and consciousness work in the nasuverse.
>>
>>135717711
>>135718189
>>135718421
>“Listen, Cornelius. The me you’re seeing right now is something I kept in my sanctum. It activated itself once you killed Tōko Aozaki. Only been an hour since. I am a mage that traffics in pawns and puppets, so I experiment on them as well. In one of these experiments, I crafted my foremost creation: a perfect puppet imitation of me. No more, and no less than myself. I looked on it, and allowed my thoughts to wander. I thought that having created such a thing, maybe there is no longer any need for me.”

>As the puppeteer relates the story to her like a layperson to a priest, Alba gulps. He can’t believe his ears. Heresy to the laws of the Ordo Magi, pure and simple. Why would she not be happy that she achieved this, instead of throwing away her existence?

>“Ridiculous,” Alba spits out. “In the end, what you created couldn’t be anything more than an automaton. Assuming you could even make such a thing as you described in the first place. And if you have indeed performed it, then why does it not…why do you not seek ascension? Why do you not aim higher? Mages are never satisfied by the status quo. We seek, manipulate, create, and destroy only for the final step in that ladder.”

>“Hey, you’re looking at the state of the art of the Art here, and even when I was gone, it still went on doing the same thing I did. How does that give any puppeteer hope for ascension?”
>>
not even touko herself understand

"call it a difference of opinion and philosophy, Alba. Still, no need to
blame yourself. To tell you the truth, i'm sort of jealous of you,actually.
I don't know when i became the way i am. I don't even know which of me was real anymore. I just woke up when the previous me died.
The soul remembers everything, and it's all there in my head, everything i know.
Determinism and entropy kinda says that i take the same action as my predecessor would.
After all this, maybe i'll make another puppet to convince myself that i'm
the real thing.
But it's all the same thing isn't it? No way to distinguish
us.
It's quantum superposition like that cat in the box problem. No one's
ever gonna know."
>>
>“But it’s all just supposed to be theory! I wouldn’t allow myself to be cast aside for something new, yet similar to me. Even if it was an achievement that would make my name ring throughout the history of the Art, it is not enough. I must be there to observe it, or else there is no meaning!” Alba screams incoherently as he wraps his arms around himself as if it would protect him from something he didn’t quite yet know. Anyone can discern the difference now between the two mages; between the one who preoccupied himself on the matters of revenge, and the mage that threw herself away for the path of gnosis. But Alba refuses to acknowledge it.

>“Call it a difference of opinion and philosophy, Alba. Still, no need to blame yourself. To tell you the truth, I’m sort of jealous of you, actually. I don’t know when I became the way I am. I don’t even know which of me was real anymore. I just woke up when the previous me died. The soul remembers everything, and it’s all there in my head, everything I know. Determinism and entropy kinda says that I take the same action as my predecessor would. After all this, maybe I’ll make another puppet to convince myself that I’m the real thing. The real thing might be the one you killed. It might already be dead. But it’s all the same thing, isn’t it? No way to distinguish us. It’s a quantum superposition like that cat in the box problem. No one’s ever gonna know. But I think what’s important right now for you and me is the fact that I’m here, and that for now, for all intents and purposes, I’m Tōko Aozaki, and if it brings you any measure of comfort, you can think of the one you killed as the fake. We clear? Good! Now we can get down to real business.”
>>
>>135705408
No. Touko is not a Magician. She can't use any of the five Magics.

It's similar to what happened to Ciel. Touko created a doll that was exactly like her in every way. An absolutely perfect replica of Aozaki Touko, to the point where even the world can't tell the difference.

It's impossible to tell whether the new Touko is actually the original Touko, or simply a replica that is exactly like the original in every way. There is absolutely no way to prove whether the soul that the next Touko possesses is the same soul as the original, or a different soul that's absolutely identical. Is it the same memories, or a perfect copy of the original memories? No one knows, not even Touko.

That's why Touko has a slightly melancholic outlook about her current status. Because there is no way to tell, because she can be copied infinitely, she effectively erased any real meaning to her existence. She stated that she was okay with Alba's hatred towards her, since it was proof that "Aozaki Touko" truly existed at some point. Because as long as there is no way to prove whether the current Touko is the original or not, there is also no way to prove whether the original ever existed at all.
>>
>She reaches down for the bag she’d placed on the floor. Alba stares at her opponent, more terrified of her revelation than if she had woven a dozen curses at him. “That’s right,” he says in a low voice.

>“That’s why Alaya kept you alive. As long as you remained alive, the next iteration of you wouldn’t trigger and come alive.”
>>
Can we assume that touko is immortal?
>>
>>135719184
Maybe until the soul starts rotting.
>>
File: 1445108823132.png (423 KB, 571x800) Image search: [Google]
1445108823132.png
423 KB, 571x800
>>135717287
>good Aoko art
>easy to find
I wish. I admit that I have it much easier than Toukofags, though.
>>
>>135707401
Fuck off and follow your own advice
>>
>>135716654
>So the actual Touko is long dead while these are just other Toukos with her memories?
No, but pretty much.

The way it works is Touko's original body is already long dead.

Touko had previously managed to make a doll that fits her EXACTLY, inside and out. And then she set up a system where her memories will transplant over to a new if her "current" dies. That along with some suggestion magecraft make it so the new Touko will believe they are the "original" makes it so that in theory she never "dies".

BUT it is unspecified whether her soul is destroyed and she gets a new one each, but it's definitely not transferred from the old body since she doesn't have the 3rd magic. So each Touko has the same body, memories, and mind, but isn't the same person.

Exactly why Touko is nothing but a fake. But Touko fanboys just seem to love dirty red fake shit like her.

>>135716772
>Actual Touko is alive and takes vacations while the puppet does the work.
>She literally said this in 5th the movie.
There is only one "real" Touko, she's the one you see.

Try paying attention, reading the original book, or at least watching some good subs.
>>
>>135719896
So the genuine article is already dead then?
Somehow it's kinda depressing
>>
>>135719896
>BUT it is unspecified whether her soul is destroyed and she gets a new one each, but it's definitely not transferred/REVIVED from the old body since she doesn't have the 3rd magic. So each Touko has the same body, memories, and mind, but isn't the same person.
To clarify this, Touko's body jumping doesn't prevent her soul from corroding, partial memory loss, and general aging that's why despite being a very powerful mage in WoTHN she has little to no magic of her own by the time of KNK and relies on summoning and other forms of magic than her own.

Thus not 3rd magic
>>
>>135720152
Depends what you mean by genuine.

You right now is not the you at 14 or you at 18 or you at 30.
Which article is real? You don't know. You only know the "current you" the one from 1 second ago no long exists anymore since you can only move forward in time.

3rd magic allows you to pull your soul out of the cycle of time and thus corrosion. That's why HF shirou's soul which was implanted to a small plant/creature thing put into touko's doll slowly began changing the doll/plant back to Shirou (age adjusted).

Touko's transfer of mind/memories doesn't provide that but her genius in doll making made up for a large part of the gap between jumps.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.