[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what would actualy made a shonen good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: Pack-Shonen-1.jpg-original.jpg (405 KB, 700x400) Image search: [Google]
Pack-Shonen-1.jpg-original.jpg
405 KB, 700x400
So what would actualy made a shonen good?
>>
File: gene.jpg (11 KB, 181x278) Image search: [Google]
gene.jpg
11 KB, 181x278
>>135694205
An alpha MC who wasn't edgy, but then it would more seinen than shounen so nevermind.
>>
>>135694205
not being shonen
>>
Nothing. Shonen is already good moefag
>>
>>135694205

YYH with more of the later chapters emphasis on the inescapable differences/similarities between demons and humans eating habits, while also downplaying the dumb demon world bureaucracy 'cause it was dumb.
>>
>>135694326
At least like manime if you're going to call people moefag. You're like the lowest rung of taste.
>>
>>135694268
why a shonen can not have some seinen stuff?
it would be still a shonen with fights and that.
>>
>>135694205
>So what would actualy made a shonen good?

Shitty typing and treating shonen like a genre. How about you leave and never come back.
>>
A protagonist that gains strength only through hard work, no hidden lineage, no elemental power, male characters that aren't sexually repressed, hotblooded female characters with no romance, antagonists that win as often as they lose, permanent death.
>>
File: 1447468266896.gif (200 KB, 500x457) Image search: [Google]
1447468266896.gif
200 KB, 500x457
>>135694205
Cut girls doing cute things like eating cake
>>
>>135694971
>male characters that aren't sexually repressed
Just because a MC isn't your self insert who wants to fuck everything like a dog in heat doesn't mean that that's a problem.
>>
>>135694355
Even though the dark tournament was great, they shoulda kept with the whole spirit detective thing and less of the getting stronger to beat tougher opponents
>>
Plot convenience.
>>
>>135694205
>So what would actualy made a shonen good?
No, anon. You're just getting older. Shonen is always been like that.
Just switch it with some Seinen or Hentai. I'm sure it will pleases you.
>>
>>135695134

I feel ya there, mang
>>
I think the perfect battle shounen could be created with a combination of Oda's long term planning and world building + Araki's creativity + Togashi's general writing skill. The way he deals with battle shounen elements in HxH is pretty ideal for me personally (eg low powerlevels, thorough mechanics, trope subversion, diverse settings/arcs, etc) but there are weak spots that could be fixed.
>>
Hirohiko Araki seems to know,try asking him.
>>
>>135695125
Oh shit I'm dealing with a master here. You got me, let's continue censoring non-hostile male heterosexuality with woman-on-man violence.
>>
File: tosh.png (391 KB, 884x616) Image search: [Google]
tosh.png
391 KB, 884x616
>>135694205
Romance, I'd say
>>
>>135694205
A gay MC.
>>
>>135694205
Not stretching it out just because it's popular. Have a set story and leave it at that.

Shonen always starts to get shitty the longer it goes on where the authors are writing just because of contractual obligations and the inspiration is long dead.
>>
>>135694205
The real answer is "ending before it overstays its welcome."
>>
>>135695469
Wow that's new.
>>
>>135695405
Getting rid of romance as a side plot would improve most series, nips can't write it for shit.
>>
>>135694205
A shonen where the MC dies and the rival character surpasses him and avenges his death
>>
>>135694205
Something like FMA.

>One series
>One arc
>Foreshadowing
>No plot holes
>No asspulls
>>
File: LOL.jpg (33 KB, 480x214) Image search: [Google]
LOL.jpg
33 KB, 480x214
>>135695527
>some can't write it for shit
Watsuki's an exception tho', just sayin'
>>
bushoun renkin was pretty decent,its been a while but i remember it having pretty hype fights and it was nice and compact with a good ending.
>>
>>135694971
Seems like History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi is the shounen for you.
>>
>>135694205
Actually trying to have some kind of artistic value in its writing. Not getting hung up on power levels. Not having unbelievably cheap animation despite raking in millions of dollars (looking at you, Naruto). Probably most importantly, not being formulaic as fuck.
>>
>>135695718
> FMA.
>One series
>One arc

What.

The rest of that shit is debatable, but that objectively isn't.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.