[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the hell, this show was awesome /a/, why don't people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
File: shirobako.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
shirobako.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
What the hell, this show was awesome /a/, why don't people talk about it more? Why some people find it boring?!

I was fascinated by the pacing, the details, and the writing. And there were about 100 characters, but only three of them were actually shit. The character desing was top-tier, and they actually gave tons of insight about making an anime.

It got silly sometimes, but it was so original and didn't have any retarded drama, romance or stupid plot device, it felt like a new genre of hard working slice of life with actual work replacing the jokes.

To think I avoided it for so long because it was 25 epis long and people said it was boring. Seriously, /a/, what the fuck.
>>
File: 1416803251049.png (1017 KB, 1200x880) Image search: [Google]
1416803251049.png
1017 KB, 1200x880
You missed the circlejerk threads while it was airing.
>>
/a/ talked about this basically nonstop when it was airing and it was one of the few times in many years where it seemed there was not a great controversy over a lot of people liking it. So no it's not like we intentionally hid it at fucking all. I have yet to see complaints about this show that I actually took seriously e.g "hurr it's boring" is a typical teen response to basically anything that isn't an action-packed. I have heard Japanese lament that it made a lot of people in Japan think they're suddenly experts in anime production from watching the show when they say it's a very simplified version of how it actually all works, but the show is still entertaining as fuck so I don't exactly care if it's documentary-level or not, as it doesn't come across like one anyway.

It did what I had always thought could be done - designs could still be adorable but they're actual adults doing adult things. Nothing wrong with that.

I hoped it had set a precedent for future anime to follow, but a year on we don't have clear Shirobako-wannabes yet. I guess the closest we got was Sore ga Seiyuu, which was pretty okay actually but nowhere near Shirobako.
>>
>>135693800
What the fuck?
>>
>>135693644

We talk about it all the fucking time newfag, fucking lurk moar. You could have easily started a 100+ reply thread about it without even trying, but instead you just told everyone you don't belong here.
>>
>>135693800
Paying animators like it's the 80s is the real reason hand animation is dying.
Enjoy cgishit with frames deliberately cut out of it to "feel" like it was drawn. Fucking psycho nip directors I swear to god.
>>
File: 1451322946349.jpg (6 KB, 250x218) Image search: [Google]
1451322946349.jpg
6 KB, 250x218
>>135693800

Damn... I do miss watching airing shows and coming here to check things up. Since I got behind and never managed to caught up, I had to avoid /a/ due inevitable spoilers. Having a life for some years destroyed my anime schedules.

But I'm back, damn it, no job, no income, no life. Now it's just anime till I die of starvation of some shit.
>>
Not everything needs constant generals full of stupid jokes and reposts
>>
>>135693800
How do they pay for things?
>>
Why do I have a feeling this bitch gives good blowjobs? I beleive she is the kind to use lots of saliva and tongue play that makes my penis feel like melting.
>>
Episode one was boring.
>>
File: hardworkingwaifu.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hardworkingwaifu.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>135693888
The dream is alive, Shirobako S2: the girls start a top tier anime, red gets praise for her acting and start becoming a well know VA, all the other do their best and finish it by the end of the first half.

Then the second half could start about them being confident enough to make a bold move and create their own studio, Blamp or Flamp would be a good name. They get work helping from bigger studios while getting their shit together to make their own first original OVA. Glorious.
>>
>>135694192
Don't forget boyfriends!
>>
>>135694056
That was the best picture you could find of her?!
>>
>>135694243
I took a screenshot of OPs pic, I don't remember her name and I won't bother looking for an image.
>>
>No more shizuka pleasing old men for roles
>No more Kurobako edits
>No more Based Tarou
>No more Mii-chan is a boy
>No more shirobako threads
>>
File: srsly.png (793 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
srsly.png
793 KB, 1280x720
>>135693940
>newfag

Broseph I've been browsing /a/ for almost a decade now. It just so happens I was forced to have a fucking life. Which was pretty much like the people on the Shirobako anime. Go you lurk moar you piece of shit, and good luck with the new school term coming up.
>>
Fine. I'll download it for whenever it might pique my interest.
>>
>>135694215
Rofl I doubt they'd have time for that, but a little romance here and there MAYBE could become interesting. They are Japanese, though, I'd give each of them at least 10 more years before actually thinking about relationships like that.
>>
>>135693644
>why don't people talk about it more?
please, no
>>
>>135693644
We have threads all the time my nig, pay attention.
/a/ loves Shirobako.
>>
>>135694897
This tbqh familia
>>
File: Sexy Oi-chan.webm (325 KB, 258x670) Image search: [Google]
Sexy Oi-chan.webm
325 KB, 258x670
>>
it is AOTY though
>>
Truly mediocre, watered down and moeficated view of the anime industry. A solid 5/10 anime.
>>
>>135694897
It was too self aggrandizing for my taste but for the most part /a/ seems to have liked it when it was airing.
>>
boring unfunny SoL moeshit redditcore absolute TRASH!
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.