[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished Fullmetal Alchemist, should I even bother running
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
Just finished Fullmetal Alchemist, should I even bother running through Brotherhood?
>>
>>135691644
It has more focus on the story and less focus on the characters. Arguably better and vastly different story with different characters. Art in better too in my opinion. I'd say it's worth watching.
>>
Brotherhood assumes you've seen the original and really glosses over the character development, leaving more room to storytelling. Worth.
>>
>>135691821
Why would a show assume youve seen its predecessor when its the same story, right? That sounds awful
>>
>>135691882
because FMA was a must watch and entry level faggotry back then so the manga was.
>>
>>135691934
I liked FMA... :(
>>
You should read the manga.
>>
>>135691644
I like it more. I won't incite shitflinging by saying it's better but it is OBJECTIVELY better for following the source. If that matters to you then try it.
>>
Read the manga
>>
>>135691644
Yes. Both are good, Brotherhood sorta assumes you've seen FMA '03, and is frankly better.

'03 had some great stuff, especially the "Brothers" song, but the plot/production quality of Brotherhood is much better.

The only stuff that repeats, frankly, is the Elric's origin story, Liore, and Scar's backstory. Most everything else is new. Even the nature of Hohenheim and the Homunculi.
>>
File: lurk more.png (689 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lurk more.png
689 KB, 1280x720
>>135691644
Glad I'll be seeing this thread another 400 times through 2016.
>>
Brotherhood is shit, don't watch it.
>>
>>135692016
Personally not a comic guy
>>
>>135692066
Then get the fuck out.
>>
>>135692066
"read the source" is a meme anyway.
>>
>>135691644
Brotherhood is, in my opinion, the most superior form of FMA, following the author's original intent. Only thing is that it's fast paced in the beginning because they assumed you watched 03' first. Won't be a problem for you.
>>
>>135691644
Original was much better at building atmosphere and developing the characters. Brotherhood has a vastly superior story and a lot of cool action scenes. The most accurate representation I've seen is that the original is a immensely well written essay on a bad subject while brotherhood is a competently written essay on a great subject.

>>135691882
Because why waste 20 episodes going over episodes people have seen already? It's not as though it requires you to have seen the original. They just assume that a lot of people saw it and probably don't feel like sitting through it again just to get to what they haven't seen.
>>
Alright Ill watch Brotherhood then guys, but the show assuming the viewer watched the original is something I gotta hold against it. Which means when/if I do recommendations I'll have to recommend the original to newcomers for that reason.
>>
>>135692227
>but the show assuming the viewer watched the original is something I gotta hold against it
It doesn't really do that. it's just all main plot where 03 has a bunch of pointless filler at the start so it seems like it skips a bunch of stuff.
>>
>>135692348
Pointless filler? Besides the first two episodes its a progressive origin story of the brothers. Not exactly pointless IMO, but it probably couldve been cut down a bit. Then again, it made the shock in the chimera episode all the more worth it ;)
>>
>>135692501
It's not like full filler episodes but there's a bunch of things that happen with no real relevance to the main story other than some plot point is revealed at the end. Like zombie guy, train jacking, thief alchemist etc.
>>
>>135692227
The beginning is well explained, just not as much as the original.

They didn't make Brotherhood with FMA as a prerequisite. New viewers will be able to follow it just fine.
>>
File: 1451876343123.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1451876343123.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
>>135692058
Don't be so harsh on him. You were the same once, all those years ago.
>>
I haven't watched either show in years.

If I were to start watching from the first show, on which episode should I transfer to Brotherhood?
>>
File: 1448400484838.jpg (9 KB, 262x263) Image search: [Google]
1448400484838.jpg
9 KB, 262x263
>>135693632
YOU WRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEAD THE MANGA
>>
>>135693632
Watch both series and read the manga, faggot.
>>
I did the same thing. Brotherhood was an improvement. Not that I dislike the original at all cause it was great.
>>
Its a completely different story and it is much better.
>>
>>135692091
It's not a meme. Majority of the source material will always be better than the adaptation. For example, a book that's been adapted into a movie.
>>
>>135691644
Yes. Both have strengths and weaknesses that compliment each other.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.