[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were we supposed to agree with him? Seems to me like a "smart"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Cute girls can't be smart.png (351 KB, 785x1150) Image search: [Google]
Cute girls can't be smart.png
351 KB, 785x1150
Were we supposed to agree with him? Seems to me like a "smart" person pretending to study and purposefully getting lower grades because she'd rather be seen as cute by boys than actually succeed is pretty fucking stupid. And him thinking that Iwase is "repulsive" for being proud of having the best grades is also pretty jarring.
>>
Guys won't often date a woman smarter than them, or someone seem as their social or intellectual superior. Japan is also a culture that values reserved, subservient women.
>>
>>135677740
The filthy mangaka is just cattering to his reader base composed of "under achievers".
>>
>>135677874
All the dumb jocks and dudebros I see with girls clearly much smarter than them says otherwise. Is it different in Japan?
I'm into smart women myself, I don't mind if they're smarter than me.
>>
The "men have dreams that women can't understand" is also incredibly stupid. At least the anime added a scene where she tells the father that "women have dreams too".

>>135677909
Kind of hard to do that when your main characters are prodigy overachievers
>>
>>135678290

If you're still in high school/college that isn't surprising. It's only when women get into the 30s then that happens, as they refuse to "settle" for a man that earns less than they do, while men with the similar social standing are going for more attractive younger women.
>>
>>135678290
>Is it different in Japan?
Yes, a lot. You're talking about the country where even today women are still pressured by their bosses to marry and quit when they're over 25.

Mind you, it's not as bad as it was ten years ago, but there's still a lot of pressure.
>>
bakuman was the stupidest manga I've ever read about manga
like G Senjou Heavens Door
>>
>>135679189
Mind elaborating on why you find it stupid? Casual sexism aside, I liked it
>>
>>135679267
I just didn't like all the deep analysis by the genius guy and all the conversations with the characters.
It made it out like manga was ridiculosly difficult and not just good artwork. Plus the focus on making a good 'story' seemed unrealistic.
Maybe the industry is really like that, but I didn't find it interesting at all.
>>
>>135678937
But in Japan, is a woman considered unattractive if she's smart?
>>
>>135677874
>>135678937
Ohba is sadly a product of Japan's culture, just like many other magaka that are sexist without even knowing it. Ohba just makes it more blatant by saying these things out loud.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.