[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's that animu backlog going, anon? When are you gonna
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: 1439185121165.png (344 KB, 340x523) Image search: [Google]
1439185121165.png
344 KB, 340x523
How's that animu backlog going, anon?

When are you gonna watch the several TB worth of past season animu you've downloaded?
>>
File: 8x.jpg (11 KB, 122x117) Image search: [Google]
8x.jpg
11 KB, 122x117
I'm watching Cardcaptor Sakura weekly because it's so good and I don't want to consume it too fast
>>
guilty crown or aldnoah zero
i know they're both shit
>>
>>135663735
I haven't even attempted to watch much of anything new in two or three months despite having more than 422gigs of stuff just sitting waiting to be watched. I've been streaming Shin-chan every night before bed lately, but that's about it. I feel exasperated.
>>
Half the anime on my backlog aren't even worth watching.
>>
I don't download my backlog, I keep a note of series I plan to watch on notepad.
>>
>>135663872
That's the depression talking anon
Just force yourself to watch it, that will fix it :^)
>>
I stream most of the anime I watch.
>>
>>135663735
I fell for the OPM is AOTY meme and all i got was shit

Maybe i'll download the idolmaster to see why the fuck is miura in love.
>>
>>135663952
I know. Really I need a new machine, my little laptop is too old and it's broken in several different ways now. My family will be moving soon, so with a new room and new internet service it'll be a good opportunity to start saving up for a new computer and a chance for a new beginning. I guess.
>>
>>135663735
Currently watching Hidamari Sketch. I can't see why they say it's good but I guess I need some more time. I've only watched episode 1 and 2 of the first season.
>>
>>135663735

Watch:
http://strawpoll.me/6448343

Rewatch:
http://strawpoll.me/6448346
>>
>>135664133

First season is setting the tone and getting you used to the characters, I think for many others and me it didn't get as good as everyone claimed until x365.
>>
>>135663999
>Maybe i'll download the idolmaster to see why the fuck is miura in love.

Download the show about 765 productions, not cinderella girls.
>>
>>135663735
I-I'm doing alright, I only have 165 shows left.
I'm currently watching Date a Live, which I should finish today, and GochiUsa. Gonna be a bit tough when this season properly starts though, since there are more animu than usual I want to watch weekly.
>>
>>135663735
I'm working on my backlog decently, in the last month 4 shows watched, and currently 2 almost finished and one at half that will be finished tomorrow probably. These days I'm watching stuff from the past season so I'm kinda busy.

The bad thing is that I add 2-3 more shows to the backlog per each show finished, the ride never ends.
>>
I think it's about time I changed my 10 years old external hard drive.

Got any recommendations on best external hard drive available?
>>
>>135663735
It's growing, as always. But I've decided to watch all of Gundam so that should clear out a small chunk.
>>
>>135665057

I just bought another Western Digital 2TB, quite nice drives, they barely make any sound when plugged in and I like that fingerprints aren't noticeable on it.
>>
I finished the Kara no Kyoukai movies (well, I still have Seventh Gate left to watch) and after watching this and comparing with the time I tried to read the F/S N VN, there are questions that spring to my mind:

How can a writer be so bad that the finished product (F/S N) is so heavy on uninteresting infodumping that it's much worse than what is the prototype (KnK) of said finished product?

How can a series that is so consistent and has an actually interesting fantasy writing that uses some good philosophy, character development, nice action and great visuals throughout its 7 movies fuck everything up with the ending of said 7th movie (why did it have to be so fucking heavy on romance right at the fucking end? Shiki facing her past and current self via Lio was good enough) and, most of all, with this FUCKING BORING EPILOGUE THAT BASICALLY FUCKS OVER SHIKI AS A CHARACTER?

I'm mad I just watched 33 of absolutely nothing that says "oh wait, this body isn't actually Shiki, this personae is nothing but what the original me has created".
>>
>>135665313
It's fine, you'll forget most of KnK in a couple of months anyway. The most memorable part is how pretty it was. Also the music.
>>
I'm close to seeing the light; I have only 66 animu left to watch.
>>
>>135665475
I enjoyed the characters as well, and the subtle world-building. I also enjoyed how the movies treated magic, always keeping the viewer in the dark regarding its nature. Writers who believe magic should be explained and made clear as water are idiots that shouldn't be given the right to hold a pen.
But yeah, the most remarkable part about the movies is the cinematography and the music.
>>
How do you go though your backlog? One series at a time?

I have a very autistic system that I find very efficient to watch several shows without forcing myself or getting bored.
>>
i realized reading manga is more fun
>>
>>135666150
I'm sure you enjoyed it, I had a great time watching them as well. I don't remember much from them apart from the looks and music though, some fights and one or two conversations.
>>
I'm trying to balance the "watch what I feel like watching" with "watch the must-sees," so as it stands right now, I'm taking care of K-On! and Rolling Girls. Goddamn that whole show is my aesthetic. I think after I'm done with those I'll finally get around to watching Cowboy Bebop, Trigun and Code Geass.
>>
>>135663735
honestly I've been rewatching old sports anime for some reason, Giant Killing, Taisho Yakyuu Musume and Bamboo Blade.
>>
>>135666230
I watch one Slice of Life animu, one action-oriented animu, and sometimes one 2-cour or longer animu.
What's your system?
>>
>>135663735
I have so many half-finished series that I'm about ready to just delete them all from my hard drive and pretend I never started them, because I'm going to forget most of them before I get around to them at this point.
>>
>>135668858

Not him but mine is basically similar, one SOL, one with action orientated elements, one modern series and one retro.
>>
>>135666230
I used to watch one at a time but when I gave Hidamari a second chance, and saw how comfy it was, I grabbed more shows so I finish the day with a Hidamari episode. Now I generally watch 2 or 3 episodes of 2 or 3 shows.
>>
It's going bad, for some reason when I am at my parent's house I watching nothing. I think in the pat 2 days I've watched a bit more than 2 hours of anime, the 1977 Yamato movie and Muybride no ito.

After I finish the Yamato movie and a couple of other small things, I'll move on to "Farewell to space battleship Yamato", I plan to watch all the movies and tv series of Yamato and rewatch the 2012 OVAs.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.