[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>FBI agent Raye Penber dies >Light spends hours deciphering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: f8w9ical.jpg (978 KB, 2421x1378) Image search: [Google]
f8w9ical.jpg
978 KB, 2421x1378
>FBI agent Raye Penber dies
>Light spends hours deciphering if there were any oversights in his actions when killing Raye Penber, fucking worries about the bus jacking incident because he was there along with Raye Penber and could be traced
>Light confident that he won't get caught

>Enter Naomi Misora, Raye Penber's wife
>Is confident that the bus jacking incident was of Kira's involvement, Light realizes that if the police gains knowledge of this, he will be made into a bigger prime suspect, so Naomi Misora gets killed

>Light completely disregards the fact that he is literally the last person who has been with Naomi prior to her suicide, and from L's perspective, her disappearance, since they are unable to locate her body.
>despite spending hours going over his actions in killing Raye Penber he does not have the slightest hint of worry for being the last person seen with Naomi Misora before her disappearance.
>convinced that the specifications of her death will do just fine

>L (remember, world's greatest detective), when informed of Naomi's death, focuses on Raye Penber instead of first investigating Naomi. Light and Naomi talked to fucking receptionists at the Police HQ before walking off. If the receptionists did their fucking job, L would have made a connection that Light could have been involved in Misora's disappearance, ensuring Light's suspicion of being Kira and ending the show right there.

????????????????????????????
>>
>>135658887

The movie handled the Naomi/Raye stuff better than the manga.

>bitch won't tell me her name
>wait she was going to marry Raye
>go look at the register at the church
>arrange it so she kills my girlfriend and takes her own life, giving me an ironclad reason to join the investigation team
>>
>>135658887
>Death Note
>giving a shit about females
Tsugumi Ohba is a hack.
>>
>>135658887
that is kind of a huge oversight by the writers, for Light to not worry about the whole thing with him arriving at reception when Naomi was there too before they both walked away together, and L not making this obvious connection
>>
>>135658980
I loved the ending to that movie, L was eating the fucking potato chips like he was saying
>Yes, I know
>>
Receptionists are really incompetent. That's a pretty good excuse for that.
>>
>>135659031

Yeah but Obata draws some of the best girls so whattayagonnado
>>
>>135659094
except they were
1. speaking with the chief's son, who had something to give to the chief

and 2. Fucking Naomi, Raye Penber's wife, who just got killed and had something to say to L/the chief

if it was just a random citizen it could have been ignored, but I doubt receptionists would ignore telling the chief his son arrived to give something and Raye Penber's wife had something to say

not only that, but one of the receptionists were on good terms with Light and knew him, so they weren't strangers to each other.
>>
>>135658887

How does the receptionist know that it was Naomi Misora? Light had to trick her to getting her real name, the receptionist should have no idea who the fuck it was, only Light had her real identity.

The only way L could have stumbled onto the information is that he heard there was a tip(likely getting hundreds every week) and randomly decided to check the lobby's security cams.
>>
>>135659178

this, OP forgot that she was using an alias during her investigation, had she actually told the receptionists that she was Naomi then the show would indeed have ended right there
>>
>>135659102
Send him a better writer. Team him up with Yumi Hotta again, Hikaru no go was great.
>>
Quite a few details in Death Note make little sense when you actually think about them.
Don't think about them.

Or stop watching the show.
>>
>L planned on broadcasting that Lind L Taylor video to each parts of the globe to pinpoint Kira
>took a gamble that Kira would be arrogant enough to just kill Lind L Taylor just for the heck of it
>Light fell for it

????????????????????????????????????????????
>>
rape n burn why did i never realize it before
>>
Did they even find her body? I thought she just went "missing" and couldn't confirm death
>>
>>135658887
>Enter Naomi Misora, Raye Penber's wife
>Is confident that the bus jacking incident was of Kira's involvement
Those sort of pushes were straining points for me, I don't want to say "written into a corner" but it really felt like Ohba was aware he made too careful a protagonist and so introduced people with near psychic capacity to just guess the significance of what should seem like random events in a normal world without foreknowledge something like the Death Note even exists to supernaturally influence events. Sure they had a certain degree of hints and clues to suggest they're right, but for the most part they stemmed from wild assumption and the author throwing more their way to help.

Their hunches and intuition proves inhumanly accurate just because they're ex-feds or whatever. That's not how it works. Watch any crime investigation show and it's usually a lot of rigorous routine before any guess work is indulged, and often by that point or even before it the case is so cold nothing can really be done about such speculation.

I know, I get it. It's fiction, it's thriller. It has to rely on certain suspense generating theatrics but at the same time it strains my suspension of disbelief. Because the one thing you have to consider about the contradicting premise of Death Note is that there ARE Death Gods, there are forces that are manipulating human lives well before and after Light and therefore it is not rational to assume this one guy in Japan is responsible for any or all of them. That the investigators can even fathom Ryuuk and Rem's existence is one thing, but to trust such a race of beings at face value is absurd.

Light Yagami is a murderer? There's an entire world of born murderers using the exact same murder weapon. How do you even begin to separate the yolk from the whites? The antagonists should have spent the rest of their lives on a goose chase or going insane from the truth. There is no rational conclusion to such a situation.
>>
>L asks Light to impersonate Kira to respond to second Kira with the intention of capturing second Kira
>L already suspects Light for being Kira
>if Light was really not Kira, the real Kira would have been made aware of these broadcasts of a Kira imposter and would have done some sort of reaction to it
>instead, nothing
>L doesn't take notice of this very fact at all

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
>>
>>135659522
Did you forget the Second Kira already was an imposter

Why would the original Kira make a reaction to a third but not a second
>>
>>135659480
She had to be on shinigami level or above to survive Death Not.
>>
>Light predetermined Near's plan to replace the death note, so instructed Mikami to use a fake death note to fool Near
>Light doesn't just instruct Mikami to tear off one whole page (or two, depending on the binding of the pages to the death note, to avoid the appearance of torn pages) from the death note immediately after retrieving it and keeping that page in a super secret fucking location instead of just using a fake death note.

>The difference in this compared to Light's original plan, is that it would still fool Near because instead of a fake, Mikami would actually be using a real death note, so Near would be inclined to replace that one with fake pages, but Mikami would in truth have a page for himself to still use, and one page is literally all he needed to kill Near and everyone else Light planned to eliminate. Light's convoluted plan to make Mikami simply use an entirely fake second notebook seems fucking stupid at this point.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
>>
>>135659602
What i mean is L couldnt confirm she died but only knew she went missing.
>>
>>135659651
You are working on the wrong level.
Near originally thought that Light would just have the real Death Note be used in front of armed men without any subterfuge. The men would know about the Death Note but would permit Mikami to kill them.
Near is a fucking retard.
>>
>>135659727
>originally
yes, until they discovered that Mikami actually had a second death note, which was the real one. The only reason why the real note was discovered was because Mikami went there to use it.

My alternative plan for Light to just instruct Mikami to carefully remove a page for safekeeping and just use the real death note as intended would make the investigation on Mikami go in a similar fashion, except Mikami would not make any trips to the real death note because he actually is using the real death note. This makes the existence of a torn page completely go under the radar for Near's team because they will have all their attention on the actual notebook.

Light's ultimate goal in his plan was for Mikami to go ahead and use his real death note to kill Near and everyone else when the moment finally came, knowing that Near would attempt to secretly replace the death note with fake pages. Mikami's mistake to kill someone right before Light tried to kill the same person was what revealed that he was keeping the real death note a secret and thus Near outwitted Light.

Had Mikami simply been using the real death note and keep a torn page in secrecy, his little mistake in killing that one woman right before Light did would not have made as much a serious of an impact as Light's plan when Mikami was using a fake notebook, and went to the bank to use the real one.
>>
>>135659918
so in short, Light would have actually succeeded in killing Near and everyone else if Mikami went and used a torn page as his trump card instead of "lel he's using the REAL death note, I made him use a second one to fool you but that one was a fake xD"
>>
>>135659918
In short. Mikami fucked up. Yeah if light had done this all by himself instead of relying on others, this wouldn't have happened. But he shouldn't have made everyone aware of the existence of the deathnote in the first place.
>>
>>135659918
>yes, until they discovered that Mikami actually had a second death note, which was the real one.
The problem is, that Light was still expecting Near to believe in this retarded expectation.

All these convoluted plans are there only to distract you from the fact that this entire incident is based on retardation.
Near should never have invited L because the plan is very simply brain-dead. Light should never have accepted because assuming your opponent is brain-dead is not a clever move.
Forget all the extras. The very core of this entire incident is rotten stupid.
>>
>>135659983
No, because then they would have shot him.
>>
>>135660051
on what? Near would be convinced that no one would die because he replaced the pages, Near would not be able to deduce that Mikami is using a real page.
>>
>>135660090
The only reason they only exchanged a few pages in the original Death Note was that Mikami was such a meticulous guy who'd never draw outside the lines.
If he's got a singular page, you know he's drawing outside the lines.
>>
>>135659161
>Fucking Naomi
I wish this happened, all we have is the implication it happened as she was married, and he's dead. Best girl deserved someone after.
>tfw you will never comfort or be there for Naomi
Why even live
>>
>>135660120
then clearly the correct course of action would be for Mikami to not bring the single page, but to stick the page back into the notebook and bring the notebook with him.

If Light's plan's main purpose was to trick Near with foreknowledge he'd try to do something to the notebook, then he'd keep the act up by making Near believe he's simply just using the fake notebook when in actuality Mikami is using a torn page that is inside the notebook.
>>
>>135660219
>then clearly the correct course of action would be
to arrange for Mikami or another minion with shinigami eyes to somehow get close to Near without Near noticing.
Get his name, and just kill everybody without silly stand-offs.
>>
>>135660287
Or even better, just have a minion without shinigami eyes kill Near with a fucking GUN.
How hard would that be for a man who literally has a religious following.
>>
>>135660287
that's a more retarded plan with even more liabilities and risks than even Light's original plan.
>>
>>135660329
How so?
>>
>story implies Light's death would mean Kira dies with him
>implying Ryuk wouldn't just fucking give the death note to another person, and with the fact that Kira has already made a significant enough impact to the world to even gain a cult following, said person is likely to carry on the name
>>
>Light doesn't watch TV that day
>show is over
???
>>
>>135660577
>Light sees video on the internet
>timed telecasts mean nothing
?????????
>>
>>135660599
>using the internet
Nerd.
>>
>>135660207
>Fucking Naomi
If instead of the death note from a shinigami, Light got the mind control power from an angel like the MC in Ohba's new series, Naomi could have survive as his lovely pet slave.
>>
>>135660450

Wasnt that exacly what happened after light's dead?
>>
>Light spent like a decade unable to masturbate or get any form of sexual release because Ryuk

balls so blue he started getting a god complex
>>
>Mikami makes somebody who doesn't know Light write down his name on a new page in the Death Note while showing them a photograph of some Japanese idol.
>on the day of reckoning, he writes everybody else's names underneath that, minus Matsuda
>the page is fake, he is arrested
>everybody looks smugly at Light for having defeated him
>then Matsuda gets arrested as Kira
>before they part ways, Light asks Near for an autograph
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.