[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
InuYasha
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: inuyasha03.png (315 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
inuyasha03.png
315 KB, 640x480
>tfw InuYasha is the greatest and most underrated fantasy and romance anime of all time
>tfw great scope, adventurous setting, groundbreaking characters, and emotional depth
>tfw InuYasha is the anime equivalent of Lord of the Rings
>>
File: 1437485893765.png (279 KB, 803x452) Image search: [Google]
1437485893765.png
279 KB, 803x452
>>135624423
Who was his lotr equivalent?
>>
Stop posting this shit. Inuyasha is definitely not underrated. Now go jump off a bridge please.
>>
>>135624423

The only thing I remember about Inuyasha is being pissed at how long it took them to find the fucking jewel shards.
>>
>>135624549

Tom Bombadil
>>
>>135624549

It's more like LOTR in its epic scope and amazing worldbuilding, plus its sense of grand adventure

It also starts softer and slower at first like LotR before getting more intense
>>
>tfw almost every character in inuyasha made you horny af when you first saw it at 14-15
>tfw wanted to sexup InuYasha, Miroku and Sango every time they were on screen
>tfw wanted to get jacked off while being tucked into bed by Kaede
>>
Yes because an anime that that goes on for longer than necessary is a bearable to watch.

It starts out slow and uninteresting and keeps this up for quite a while. Then the show decides to introduce some excitement, but bad delivery ruins any impact it might have so again, remains uninteresting. Then it proceeds to around 70 episodes of almost entirely episodic, repetitive adventures with no story arcs to be seen. The quality of the individual stories range from awful to average depending on the characters involved.

After a while something that’s as close to a monumental event as this series is going to get happens and things change. We have our first official story arc, an interesting group of villain and a decent story; yes, I’m talking about the Band of Seven Arc. So it took what? 100 episodes for the show to do something right. But the arc is not to last, so if you miss the blandness of the earlier episodes, plenty more is coming to end the series on a fitting note of quality that stays true to what it’s been shovelling thus far.

Other problems are:

The main enemy nearly always makes clean escapes and comes back stronger.

The heroes then receive an upgrade to fight the new empowered villain and this goes on for a while. While this is typical of a lot of anime, the pacing is what ultimately hurts it.

The inconsistency is the problem as well as I mentioned before. You have great episodes where Sango's brother is the main crutch of the episode but then you and episode that keeps coming back to my mind is the one where one of the main characters is walking through a sacred mountain and has to avoid thinking perverted thoughts and staring at the butt of a female character.

The show is not even a 7/10. It was disappointing.
>>
>>135625300

someone doesn't like old pulp adventure serials

I came to this show having read the old Edgar Rice Burroughs and Robert E Howard stories. The structure and even themes are similar, but more emotionally involved.

Actually if we're to think of a good fantasy series equivalent, maybe Moorcock's Elric of Melnibone books. I first watched InuYasha because it reminded me of a Japanese flavored v. of those.
>>
>>135624423
It was the first anime a religiously watched as a kid. I don't care if it's good or not, it will always be in my heart.
>>
>>135625528

literally first show I ever got a serious boner to
>>
>>135625300
I think it's biggest problem is how forgettable it was, despite it's length.

Say what you will about other long-running shonen, but at least their arcs are generally more memorable. The only things I really remember from Inuyasha's 500+ chapters were:
-Band of Seven arc
-Kagura's death (best part of the series)
-Kikyo's death
>>
>>135625482

Nostalgia is clouding up your judgement. By all means rewatch the series and see how painful it is to get through damn near 70 episodes of fucking filler.
>>
>And then Naraku got away: The series
>>
>tfw just watched the entire series for the first time as an adult, over a decade after it was popular, and loved it
>>
>>135624423
>it's a koga episode
I've never been so mad at watching this shit. Fuck that kagome slut.
>>
>>135625691

How is Kogome a slut when she was a virgin anon? By all means throw insults at her for being a nagging bitch the entire series but calling her a slut is ridiculous.
>>
>>135625752

how did Kagome not get dick from Koga and Miroku or "experiment" w/ Sango during a bath scene
>>
>>135624423
>most underrated
>emotional depth

How are those related to LOTR?
>>
>>135625839

It didn't happen and you can leave your hentai ideas out the window. The only dick she was fiending for was Inuyasha.
>>
I read the manga but I barely remember it.
>>
>>135626189

it's like lotr in terms of storytelling scope and its backstory as a fantasy yarn
>>
>>135624423
Rinne > Inuyasha

Accept it.
>>
>>135625482
Anon you speak to my fucking soul. I'm the only one I know of into sword and sorcerey pulp stories. Conan, fafhrd and the grey mouser, and Elric are my favorites, and find inuyasha to be great as well. I'm currently re watching it right now, on episode 82 and loving it. Its an excellent peice of japanese fantasy
>>
>>135627682

The similarities are undeniable and so is the appeal of both
>>
>>135624423
Inuyasha is overrated furry garbage
>>
>>135626850
I did't think someone could write 500+ chapters and make almost all of it forgettable, but they did.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (45 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
45 KB, 1280x720
Whats this? Inuyasha & co. making story progression and beating naraku in a fight? some BEES aught to put a stop to this!
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.