[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Japan Animator Expo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 21
File: mememe.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
mememe.gif
1 MB, 500x281
What did /a/ think of Japan Animator Expo? How did it come out overall? What were your favorite shorts? Are there any animators and directors that caught your eye and you'd want to see more work by them?

http://strawpoll.me/6437761
>>
>>135616292
Dragon Dentist
Nishi-Ogikubo
Kanon
Sex & Violence
I can Friday by Day!
Bubu & Bubulina
Robot on the Road

These were the good ones that made the project worth it overall, the rest were negligible.
>>
>>135616292
ME!ME!ME!, Tomorrow from There, I Can Friday by Day!, Endless Night, and GIRL are my favorites.

Hibiki Yoshizaki definitely caught my eye. I already knew about the people who directed everything else.
>>
>>135616292
who is this semen demon?
>>
>>135616415
Well shit, I forgot to vote for Nishi-Ogikubo. My favorties in order would probably go something like this:
Kanon
Nishi-Ogikubo
Bubu & Bubulina
Me!Me!Me!
I can Friday by Day

The only ones besides those and the ones you mentioned that were sort of interesting would be Obake-chan, Ochibi, Carnage, Power Plant, Girl and Endless NIght.

The worst ones were the trailer ones.
>>
>Created literally a Meme title
>>
It was pretty nice overall. I think people mentioed the best shorts already. A lot of the stories suffered from it being an animator expo, so they were little more than an excuse to animate something.
>>
>>135616292
Is Robot on the Road getting the most votes because of the boobies?
>>
I really really liked Obake chan
>>
>>135619890
It was genuinely well animated, with nice waterpainted backgrounds and pretty fun to boot.
Plus tits and voyeur fetish.

>>135619906
Me too. It was really really cute.

What was the one about recovering a vhs titled again?
>>
>>135620863
Cassette Girl.

For some reason it isn't in the strawpoll,
No biggie, even if I liked it, I doubt many people would have voted for it.
>>
>>135620933
Well damn, I would have added somehow I didn't have it on my personal list were I ranked each season. I had to limit myself to 30 titles since the poll only allows that many but I would have easily put it there instead of another impact or that trailer one with mechas and big tits.
>>135620863
Oh I know it was and liked it myself, but based on the votes I'm suspecting many people saw only it and mememe. I was thinking people might have checked it out after seeing some webms with the girl from it.
>>
Is there any place to watch them?
>>
>>135622962
Your computer via torrent.
>>
>>135616292
Gridman was the one I liked the most.
>>
>>135624139
same here.

i like Ultraman and the one about robot fighting too. I can Fryday by Day is pretty cool
>>
>>135624233
Seriously, Trigger should take that Gridman short of theirs nad turn it into a fullblown show.
>>
>>135622962
the animator expo site, duh
>>
So many of them came off rather westaboo.

Of them all, I thought Hill Climb Girl was the best, and the ice skating showed technical merit.

The Evangelion ones were just gratuitous (especially with the added homosexual pandering).
>>
>>135625002
>westaboo
Like which ones? Besides, anime should take as much inspiration from the west as it can, especially in terms of art design variety.
>>
>>135625098
Endless Night
Robot on the Road
Hammerhead
Carnage
Bubu & Bubulina (could have been any European country adapting the Red Shoes)

I didn't bother watching Sex and Violence, because I didn't care for Imaishi's overtly westaboo Panty & Stocking so can't say if that should be added to the pile.
>>
I love the idea behind it, that it gave animators free reign to express themselves and have their work featured was wonderful and we got some great content out of it. On top of all the gorgeous and interesting animation we also got a good bit of great music, between Girl, Mememe, and Sex and Violence.

>>135625255
I'll give you Imaishi but I wouldn't say most of that is "westaboo pandering" so much as it is just artstyle variation, which is something I am all in favor of.
>>
Bluray release when?
>>135625683
>a good bit of great music
I still listen to Friday by Day, and Tomorrow from There every now and then. Such good songs.
>>
>Okiura
>Make ecchi-themed short anime
I'm surprised and little bit disappointed, though
still fap to it anyway
>>
>>135626643
She had a tremendous rack.
>>
The two Maeda ones were amazing. Kanon is easily like a top 3 aoty for me. Also liked Bubu and Bubulina quite a bit, as well as Friday by Day and Me! Me! Me! and Girl. Sex and Violence is also like, the best thing Imaishi's done in a long time. Tomorrow from There was also nice.
Aniexpo singlehandedly saved 2015.
>>
>>135616292
the little ghost 1
>>
I think it was truly a great project, the variety of styles alone was really reinvigorating and I loved how you had access to most of the pre-production material on each page. Storyboards, bgs, mechanical designs, character designs, concepts all available to the public.

Some stories were rather weak, but I think it's alright since the main drive was to showcase animation. I hope the screenings and BDs do well enough there to justify more of it and I would love to see a few of these concepts developed into a one cour series.
>>
>>135626643
I liked Okiura doing ecchi, top-tier realist animators drawing hot girls is great, but it's a shame he went with such a shitty script.
>>
>>135620933
I really liked that one too, it was a nice homage to their beginnings and the most natural looking among the 3D ones.
>>
>>135616292
It was great overall and did it's job of showcasing a lot of old and new talent.

I'm disgusted that they let CGshit into the one project that was supposed to show off animation talent though, especially in the Daicon IV short. That was a fucking slap to the face.
>>
>>135628086
3D animation is still animation. There was a stop motion one too, why are you not complaining about that?
>>
>>135625002

Wow it's almost like when you give animators free reign they want to do something original instead of more recycled moe trash
>>
File: 07.jpg (80 KB, 1500x1070) Image search: [Google]
07.jpg
80 KB, 1500x1070
>>135628055
Casette Girl was top-tier, it's just unfortunate about the 3DCG. All the little nods and even the more overt stuff like the Daicon IV references were neat as hell too. All the Eva stuff as well.
>>
I want a full series of Hammerhead.
>>
>>135628349
>3D animation is still animation.
So is me doodling stick figures on a notepad flipbook, what's your point?

>There was a stop motion one too, why are you not complaining about that?
Because it's one, and it wasn't the homage to the fucking Daicon IV opening video. Do you have no respect or appreciation for the medium? Or course you don't, you think CGshit is ok.
>>
>>135628475
>more recycled moe trash
>>
It was a great project, and it gives me hope for the future of the medium. I want to see what Khara does after Rebuild, genuinely hyped (I know Khara didn't make all shorts).

As for the best:
Hammerhead
Kanon
20min walk
Endless Night
>>
out of all the stuff with 3D I only liked Friday.
Hill Climb had gorgeous backgrounds though.
>>
File: 1430687868107.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1430687868107.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
>>135628823
Give me your address so I can come rape your face.
>>
I really liked that one about the twin brothers. Good, simple short.
>>
>>135628983
I want to see what Tsurumaki does after the Rebuilds most of all. If he hadn't been wasting his time with them all these years we could have had so much great anime from him. I look forward to him becoming one of the best directors in the business after he gets some freedom. Everything he directed so far was gold.
>>
>>135629494
Honestly, both Anno and Tsurumaki should have done something new and original instead of the rebuilds. It would also be nice if Sadamoto worked with someone a bit more interesting than Hosoda.
>>
Is there no love for Yamadeloid?
>>
>>135629916
>It would also be nice if Sadamoto worked with someone a bit more interesting than Hosoda

I'm not really sure I can name more than a couple of directors who can really be classified as more interesting than Hosoda and would fit someone like Sadamoto. Maybe Keiichi Hara? Anno is over anyway really, in all likelihood we have seen the best he has to offer. The chances of there being a big Anno return to directing anime that will be a success are slim at best.
>>
File: 534423424242.png (120 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
534423424242.png
120 KB, 500x281
90% of AE was pretty awesome. I hope new FLCL will make by Hajime Ueda
>>135630026
I like it.
>>
>>135630191
Ueda and Tsurumaki do see to work well together. It is too bad that Sushio will be busy at Trigger instead of being able to work with them though.
>>
>>135630039
I don't expect anything better than what he already did, neither do I do from Tsurumaki. But I still enjoyed Diebuster and so did I enjoy Kare Kano, hell his live-action works were pretty intruiging as well.

It came wrong what I said with Hosoda. It's more that in his types of works there's usually not that much place for variety in terms of character designs compared to the stuff he worked on with Gainax.
>>
>>135630291
I expect much better from Tsurumaki. He has hardly started his career as a director or got to come into his own really. He had just started to direct with FLCL and Diebuster before he was sequestered back by Anno to slave away on Evangelion again.
>>
>>135630291
By which I mean give the guy a budget and let him get some creative talent around him and I bet he will produce fantastic work after fantastic work. I'm not saying it will be easy to make another FLCL for example. Getting that kind of talent together isn't something anyone can pull of any time.
>>
People who vote for MEMEME are people who only saw MEMEME
>>
>>135630469
What?
>>
>>135630469
I saw them all and I'd say Me!Me!Me! is easily top five, though my favorite was Kanón.
>>
The Objective AEX tier list

>God Tier
Kanon
20min from Nishi-ogikubo station
>Toppest Tier
Robot on the Road
Bubu & Bubulina
>Top Tier
The Bureau of Proto Society
Carnage
Dragon Dentist
Sex and Violence with Machspeed
Hammerhead
I can Friday by Day
>Upper Middle Tier
Comedy Skit 1989
Rapid Rouge
Ultraman
Tomorrow from There
Girl
>Middle Tier
Power Plant no.33
Three Fallen Witnesses
Yamadeloid
ME!ME!ME!
Obake-Chan
>Lower Middle Tier
Casette Girl
Endless Night
Gridman
Ibuseki Yoruni
>Lower Tier
Ragnarok
Iconic Field
The Diary of Ochibi
Hill Climb Girl
>Bottom Tier
Tokio of the Moon's Shadow
Evangelion another impact
Memoirs of Amorous gentlemen
>>
loved it
>>
>>135630469
I saw all of them and it was a close number 5 on my list.
>>
I watched MEMEME over a year ago. Is Japan Animator Expo a one time thing or do they do reruns?
>>
File: Beeam.gif (2 MB, 540x404) Image search: [Google]
Beeam.gif
2 MB, 540x404
>>135616292
>http://strawpoll.me/6437761

WHERE IS CASSETTE GIRL FAGGOT?!
>>
>>135630838
Good list but seems you went a bit contrarian with me!me!me! it had some amazing animation and choreography.
>>
>>135630987
This was a new thing that Anno/Khara did while putting off making the next Rebuild movie.
>>
>>135631032
Of course it did, but it's also an incoherent music video that fails to tell a story completely.
>>
>>135630838
>popular = bad
ugh
>>
>>135616292

CASSETTE GIRL
Dragon Dentist
Yameloid
Robot on the Road
The Bureau of Proto Society
Sex and Violence with Machspeed

are my fave most of the these shorts are great though
>>
>>135631274

Animator Expo wasn't popular at all The fuck are you implying?
>>
>>135631274
That makes no sense whatsoever.
>>
>>135631216
That's where you're being contrarian. I don't know anyone who isn't doesn't go on 4chan and would say something similar. It's just people being irrirated because it was popular. It was definitely better than something like Hammerhead or Bureau of Proto Society. Hell, the fact that you have Girl which was weaker in pretty much every aspect is just more proof of you just being anti-conformist.
>>
>>135631002
Watching it.

There was Evangelion again in there as a cameo (videos that is).
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-03+at+03.43.52).jpg (147 KB, 700x543) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-03+at+03.43.52).jpg
147 KB, 700x543
ME!ME!ME! it get but GIRL too?

Never change /a/ just kidding change right now!!!
>>
>>135631216
for a fairly abstract short film it had quite a bit of narrative clarity, so basically I think you're retarded
>>
>>135631505
To be quite honest I didn't even remotely understood the others.
>>
File: Japan+daicon+iv_5d7655_5511852.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Japan+daicon+iv_5d7655_5511852.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>>135631499

Oh okay, you can leave.
>>
>>135631368
>better than Hammerhead
Terrible taste. Me!Me!Me! Just wasn't remarkable in any sense in my opinion and I am not even him. It was competent sure and fit for purpose but nothing impressive enough about it to say it was more than OK.
>>
>>135616292
I both loved and hated it
I wanted SOMETHING to come out of these projects. They shouldn't just stay shorts
>>
It was pretty good, I just wish casuals hadn't spent a month latched onto one of the mediocre shorts.
>>
>>135631330
It was popular here. I mean seriously, puttting it on the same level as somerthing like Yamadeloid or Three Fallen Witnesses. No Idea why Endless Night is that low either.
>>
>>135631368
I formed my opinion on each of the short when they came out, which was always the moment that they were uploaded. The fact that ME ME ME got as popular as it did didn't surprise me, it has ass tits and "wtf Japan lolrandum" -factor to it. What surprised me was how highly people rate it.

Now, I'm not saying it's bad, it's pretty good. It's middle tier for a purpose, not bottom tier or even lower-middle. It's around 5/10 or 6/10, which translates to "fine" or "pretty good".

>>135631506
How can you say that with a straight face, when there were continuous specula threads up about it for days straight? If people can't come to a conclusion about what the story is even about, then how exactly is that a sign of "narrative clarity"?
>>
>>135631637
A number of them work perfectly as they are and don't need to be anything but shorts.
>>
>>135631712
It is obviously because everyone is so stupid but him.
>>
>>135631603
No for real. When they were in that vhs store, there were Evangelion videos in the last shelf they accidentally toppled.

Look at it frame by frame.
>>
>>135631710
>It was popular here.
Are you kidding? The only thing that was popular here about Animator Expo was Me!Me!Me! the rest of the shorts got threads that died in under 50 posts had >15 unique IPs and were never mentioned again.
>>
>>135631621
It had a unique, abstract narrative, nice visual design and great animation (pretty much constantly). Hammerhead felt more like a trailer than a short, with typical edgy, superman story. It's in the middle just where it should be. It just didn't really do anything wrong that's why not lower.
>>
>>135631817
That isn't his problem. The whole fucking thing is a reference.
>>
>>135631817

>I could only see the EVA references
>>
File: 1442030183765.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1442030183765.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>135631753
Sure.
I mean, how about more anime with the same style/concept/art as some of them?
Also, it's pretty obvious stuff like Iconic Field would work better as a full anime
>>
>>135631833
Animation in Hammerhead was far superior to Me!Me!Me! probably couldn't even recognize a Shinji Hashimoto or Mahiro Maeda cut if you tried.
>>
>>135631712
I'm just saying, in terms of abstract animation this was clearly "about" something. Like, a bunch of shows you listed as higher also encourage speculation. Girl was no different, Friday by Day was largely founded on metaphor, and so on. Saying it's "incoherent" and calling it a failure at storytelling is just ignorant nonsense. Do you dismiss anything that demands interpretation?
>>
>>135631937
Not him, and I agree with you, but name dropping makes you sound like a fucking faggot especially when you probably just found it out on sakugabooru
>>
>>135632020
>found it out on sakugabooru
I found it out when I looked at the staff list on the fucking short then watched it. If you read the tags on that site and take them as being legitimate you might as well take any name on the staff list and put it to it.
>>
>>135616292
>Removes her clothes
>Doest keep the stockings

Dropped
>>
>>135631823
You're forgetting GIRL and Robot on the Road got bump limit threads, and quite a few of the general expo threads reached bump limit, but yeah overall not that popular. Not him by the way.
>>
>>135632020

>name dropping

you can just scroll down dude it's all listed there ...
>>
>>135631937
And yet it was boring and unoriginal as hell, on top of being super edgy in the most straightforward and stupid way.
Not him but seriously Hammerhead was a good animation showcase and nothing more.
>>
>>135632127
>edgy
>not him
Sure thing.
>>
>>135631823
Anon, what are you talking about. He wasn't referring to Expo as a whole being popular just to the fact that on that list the popular shorts that were also good were put lower just because they were more popular.
>>135631937
You probably wouldn't either. You just check them on booru and then feel smart about it. Maybe there's a chance you'd recognize an Ohira cut but that's it.
>>
>>135632012
I rank Girl higher because I think it does what MEMEME does, but better, especially when it comes to visual symbolism.

Friday by Day is metaphoric, but it's clear cut as fuck, which exactly makes it successful. A person watches it and goes "ah I get it that's cute". That's how you execute symbolism/metaphors. Don't make it completely incoherent in a way where everyone comes to a different conclusion after days of brainstorming, and don't make it ham-fisted where it's just obnoxious and in-your-face; it's a skill.
>>
>>135632207
If you read the context he was replying to a post that said Animator Expo wasn't popular here at all and said "It was popular here." Please try reading, or failing that expressing yourself more clearly and not then referring to yourself in the third person. With regards to the rest of your post please stop projecting your lack of knowledge with regards to animation onto myself.
>>
>>135632158
Kek, I only saw his post now. But if that makes you feel better.
>>
>>135632127
>edgy
Nice criticism.
If anything, Hammerhead argued against the girl's worldview. Then again, you probably take everything at face value.
>>
>>135632127

I can point you to 3 anime that are basically extended MEMEME

Welcome to NHK
Choas head
Otaku no Video

Give name anime 3 that are like hammerhead then call it unoriginal.
>>
>>135632099
Stockings without ZR is meaningless.
>>
>>135632122
I know it's there, but pointing out a cut by a major animator does not automatically make the animation better.

Saying that the animation in hammerhead is better because animators x,y and z had a cut in it is retarded.
>>
>>135632315
>Kek
>edgy
>not him
Well I can stop responding now. Nothing better than your typical /a/ shitposter here.
>>
I forgot to watch this, so I did.
It's fantastic, someone give this guy a director chair for full cour anime already

>>135632361
You're a fucking idiot
>>
>>135632263
read a book on hermeneutics or something because I'm not sure you understand how interpretation works
that aside, I really enjoy things like that that reward rewatching and attacking from alternative perspectives. I don't see how that's a negative thing in the slightest
>>
>>135632348
>pointing out a cut by a major animator does not automatically make the animation better
Nobody said it did. You have inferred that yourself. I was just pointing out that you had no idea what you were talking about when it comes to animation.
>>
>>135632336
None of these are like MMM
Or else I can say Kill La Kill, Berserk and Garo are like HammerHead.
So yeah, you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>135632474
>It has fite so its the same
Only one retard here.
>>
I liked the premise of Hammerhead. A superhero who is immortal, but seeks his death, yet isn't allowed to die by the government. Could really do some shit with that.
>>
>>135631937
>Animation in Hammerhead was far superior to Me!Me!Me!
Yeah. I agree. But I like Hammerhead and Me!Me!Me! at same level. You know, precure has good animation sometimes, but that doesn't means you should watch anime for little girls
>>
>>135632336
Are you one of these dumbass that seriously believed those bullshit dumbass normalfag theories about Me!Me!Me! being an otaku critic?
Hahaha oh fuck,
>>
>>135632474

>None of these are like MMM
> I can say Kill La Kill, Berserk and Garo are like HammerHead.

HAHAHA kids aren't allowed to post here.
>>
>>135632505
>It has lonely MCs so it's the same
Yeah, that's what you said and I agree you're retarded.
>>
>>135632534
Precure is better made in terms of story and execution than the majority of anime the kind of people who post on /a/ watch.
>>
>>135632527
30 years ago, it was called Deathlok

>>135632534
You should watch anime for little girls anyway.
>>
>>135632158
Yeah, it's not like most people would watch Hammerhead and think it's edgy. I'm sure it comes off as subtle and slighly oscure to most.
>>135631886
>Iconic Field
Those shorts were a mistake. They just came off as chaotic trailers with pretty bland ideas. Typical mecha shit and typical class war shit.
>>135632012
Nah, I think it's more about having a contrarian attitude. It's along the lines of people making post about Nadia being better than Evangelion, Gosenzosama-banzai being better than Ghost in the Shell, critisizing Tatami Galaxy in favor of other Yuasa works or saying Miyazaki was an average director. I'm not saying you can't have reasons for those claims, but lots of people will post stuff like this to make themselves stand out.

This is especially evident when they claim the work is average or "just decent". If someone says it was shit or that they hate it then I can at least believe they were legitimately angry at it even if in an irrational manner.
>>
>>135632593
That's not true and you know it.
>>
>>135632590
>>135632546
Two people who still can't agree what it is about.
>>
File: 1448663024210.jpg (29 KB, 400x302) Image search: [Google]
1448663024210.jpg
29 KB, 400x302
>>135632546

>MEMEME is a special snowflake anime
>>
>>135632566
Yet some 12 year old edgelord liked HammerHead for something other than the animation.
>>
>>135632617
>Those shorts were a mistake. They just came off as chaotic trailers with pretty bland ideas. Typical mecha shit and typical class war shit.
That's why I think it could be way better as a full thing.
>>
>>135632447
>I really enjoy things like that that reward rewatching and attacking from alternative perspectives
I do too. But I also want the story to be enjoyable on my first watch, and I want the story to be an actual coherent story.

For example, when I watched Millennium Actress for the first time I went in completely blind without knowing a single thing about it and I enjoyed it immensely. Then I watched it again later and it was better because I noticed more things about it.
That's the kind of good depth that I look for.

When I watched MEMEME for the first time I had no idea what I just watched. So I watched for the second time, and I talked about it with other anons, and I watched it again after I read some opinions from other people, and I still didn't know what kind of a story the creators had in mind. I have my interpretations, but I don't know what the director was thinking exactly, and that's bad.
>>
>>135632617
That isn't a contratian attitude its called having a fucking opinion. You see I think Evangelion is better than Nadia, those awful middle arcs kill it but if you ignored them and made it tighter it could have been great, Gosenzsosama is on the same level as GiTS just in a completely different way, Kemonozume is my favourite Yuasa TV show and Miyazaki is a great director just not quite as good as Takahata at his best.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 389x386) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 389x386
>people saying Hammerhead was edge-filled
Way to miss the point of the short. Stick to KyoAni shit, plebs.
>>
>>135632593
Sorry, I'm not interested.
>>
>>135632738
dumb sakuraposter
>>
>>135632461
Like I said, I'm not that guy. The animation is better in it, but name dropping two major animator names in no way improves your credentials as an animation expert.
>>
>>135632723
>and that's bad
why? why is the director's interpretation any better than your own?
basically I think you've misunderstood art at the ontological level but I don't wanna continue with an argument I don't think you're ready for so we'll call it a day
you've got some weird biases about how things "should" be
>>
>>135632838
It isn't meant to improve mine, it is meant to denigrate his. I am saying he doesn't know shit about animation because of his opinion and then as an aside stating that he knows so little about animation he probably couldn't recognize the work of two well known animators who worked on the short in question if he tried.
>>
>>135632723
>I don't know what the director was thinking
Asses
>>
>>135632738
I usually like edgy shit and HH was going overboard desu
>>
File: 1451064606188.jpg (868 KB, 1280x1364) Image search: [Google]
1451064606188.jpg
868 KB, 1280x1364
>>135632723

> I still didn't know what kind of a story the creators had in mind.

There are translated interviews with all the Expo creators explaining their works including MEMEME

http://animatorexpo.com/news/15

>the director Yoshizaki mentioned, “It was produced definitely from a viewpoint of men, and I put my favorite things into it.”

the articles aren't long read the full this or cling to your interpretation
>>
What was edgy about Hammerhead?
>>
>>135632885
because I want to appreciate good storytelling. It's a skill. It's the reason why I like technically impressive paintings over expressive symbolic ones.

Mysterious storytelling is not good storytelling in my opinion.

Now I must say that it's a music video, and music videos aren't necessarily supposed to tell a great story, so if I saw this at the youtube music section or god forbid on MTV some years back, I wouldn't criticize it much at all. But in the context of the Japan Animator Expo and animated shorts in general, I have some expectations that need fulfilling.
>>
>>135632336
Welcome to the NHK aims for realism, Chaos head has sci-fi elements and Otaku no Video goas towards the absurd. On top of that all of those are pretty straighforward in terms of exposition. MMM uses metaphor and in terms of visuals is surreal. Not to mention it's a music video.

>Give name anime 3 that are like hammerhead
As someone said it is kind od westaboo so if you want something similar then you've got a small portion of Marvel, half of DC and practically anything by Image Comics. You've got those kinds of anime and manga too. Basically all the edgy shounen and seinen (which are basically shounen) like Tokyo Ghoul, Darker than Black, Attack on Titan, Claymore, Parasyte, Deadman Wonderland, Hellsing.

Basically all the manga and comic books you read as a teenager to come off as more mature.
>>
>>135633089
>if its got fites its the same
Sure thing.
>>
>>135616292

Why is GIRL number 2?
>>
>>135633078
you're not big into arthouse I guess?
>>
>>135633170
Because it's as great as MeMeMe
Or maybe better
>>
Cassette Girl

and for whatever reason I really liked that one that was an homage to 80s comedy or whatever, the twins in the bar
>>
File: 02.jpg (160 KB, 1500x1070) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
160 KB, 1500x1070
>>135633235

Same also Hayashibara Megumi's DNA is all over Cassette Girl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fbL1yvyYNA
>>
>>135633040
>As for the “erotic” part, which caused significant repercussions, he said, “I recognize the erotic as ‘cool.’ I wanted to demonstrate that erotic parts or the entirety including them are cool.”
This niggah
>>
>>135633162
If those are all the similaries you percieve then you might have severe brain damage.
>>
>>135633409
That isn't all the similarities I perceive, there are however many differences you are ignoring.
>>
Hammerhead
Bureau of Proto Society
Me Me Me
The Dragon Dentist
20min from Nishi-Ogikubo Station

I liked more than that, and there were a few I found boring but definitely impressed on a technical level
>>
>>135633435
Not as many as you ignored with your compariosons. I never inplied those comparisons proved anything, you did.
>>135633508
What was technically impressive about Bureu of Proto Society. It's point was clealy to humor, it didn't even have much in terms of animation or creative art design.
>>
>>135633644
I haven't made any comparisons. These are my posts on the subject.
>>135633435
>>135632505
>>135633162
>>
>>135633644
I never said it was impressive on a technical level, but it was entertaining and enjoyable. I found the ice skating one pretty boring but it had some impressive animation
>>
>>135633699
None of these really put you in good light, I wouldn't brag too much considering the "quality" of your posts. Did you just learn to greentext last evening and now feel the need to try it out in every post?
>>
File: girl.png (156 KB, 457x319) Image search: [Google]
girl.png
156 KB, 457x319
>>135616292

If the most popular show was MEMEME, then the other shows fall into obscurity and Animator Expo was a failure.

people dont watched that shows in A. Expo website or mobile apps, they know about MEMEME in Youtube
>>
>>135633796
I didn't mention the quality of the posts. I was pointing out that you were arguing with someone else. Please try to remain calm and not get so irritated. This is just a discussion on an internet message board about cartoons.
>>
>>135633829

This is the most upsetting thing about!
>>
>>135630469
Visually and musically it's top 5
Plot wise it's bottom 5
>>
>>135634033
Well it's an animation expo, not a story telling expo.
>>
>>135633829
It's pretty ironic because normalfags keep bitching about anime being too sexual (as the fuck if) yet only care about anime when it's erotic. MEMEME being by far the most sucessful proves it.
>>
File: MEMEME - Anno not fap.png (76 KB, 829x223) Image search: [Google]
MEMEME - Anno not fap.png
76 KB, 829x223
>>
>>135633891
Get a life.
>>
The one about the old dudes discussing what happened with humanity while treating videogames and Michael Bay movies as real footage was the best.

>Achievement Unlocked: Long Range Fake Shot

I kekked.
>>
>>135616415
>purposely omiting me!me!me! because you're a hipster faggot
stay classy anon
>>
>>135634135
Indeed, but usually they're tied together.
>>
>>135634033
The plot was simple, that doesn't mean it's bad. But in terms of exposition it was at least the top 10.
>>
>>135625098
Maybe the west can take inspiration from the East and actually have some more women in charge of making and creating shows as well as more female protagonists...
>>
>>135616292
this answers none of your questions but it seemed like a lot of the shorts were intended to help adapt lower budgets to better looking animation. Things like CG integration and the like
>>
>>135634410
I wonder where does that "japan doesn't take inspiration from the West!" bullshit even come from, it's utterly wrong. And you're right, if anything the opposite doesn't happens much.
>>
>>135634410
Fuck off back to tumblr with your ellipses, there are already plenty of prolific women in the industry.
>>
>>135634410
I agree, that would be nice. But female directors in the anime industry is something rather new, sure we had Matsumoto, Yamamoto and Yamada in the last couple of years, but before them they were pretty rare.
>>
File: qt Macross designer.jpg (287 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
qt Macross designer.jpg
287 KB, 1440x810
>>135634536
A lot of them just like to draw, and it's fine. Getting a main character designer role is already pretty good
>>
>>135634410
There are plenty both side of the pond, the main issue is perception and interest. Women don't particularly care for animating or making cartoons that aren't for little girls. You're confusion availability with accessibility.
>>
>>135633364
Really, I was thinking Satomi Arai or Shintani Mayumi.
>>
>>135634337
I omitted it because it isn't near the level of the others in the list. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.
>>
>>135634516
You don't need to be an SJW to want more female characters in cartoons. I like female characters in anime because I find them more attractive and sexy girls that can kick ass are just cool.
>>
>>135635037
>more female characters in cartoons
Fuck off, /co/. There have always been an abundance of female characters in anime.
>>
>>135635110
That's what I said... Do you usually shout at people that agree with you?
>>
>>135635180
>...
You can stop posting now, /co/mblr.
>>
>>135634410
>Maybe the west can take inspiration from the East and actually have some more women in charge of making and creating shows as well as more female protagonists...

That brings up a good question though. Female manga-ka and artists are quite common in the east, and they have created many popular works.

Even in hentai (no, ESPECIALLY in hentai), where some are especially appreciated -- not just for fetish value, but because they write and draw really good stuff. Fine attention to emotions, character motivations and interactions, intensely stimulating situations.

Why don't equivalents exist in the West? Is it because of the lack of a Doujin system through which artists of merit can rise up without being anointed?
>>
>>135635221
I literally said there the west should take inspirations from anime and have more female protagonists. You get mad telling me that anime always had lots of those. Can't you see how idiotic that sounds? Next time take breath and try to read the posts you're actually responding to.
>>
>>135635221
>>135635180
>>135635110
>>135635037
>Vote for Jack!
>Yes, I plan to vote for Jack.
>Fuck off!
This is how this looked like.
>>
>>135635448
I told you to stop posting because you're posts "literally" reek of tumblr. Fuck off.
>>
>>135635529
You should learn how to read before you learn how to write. Also how about some consistency. Tumblr is associated with being feminist not sexist.
>>
>>135635670
>Everyone who responds to me is one person!
Your vernacular and typing style reek of tumblr. I told you to fuck off because you clearly don't belong here, I don't give a shit what you were arguing about. Let me reiterate because you seem to be having trouble understanding: Fuck off back to tumblr.
>>
>>135635227

Replying to myself, the lack of a Doujin community is one problem. I think more fundamentally is the difference in mindsets between what Eastern and Western women aspire to be.

There is no longer any Western equivalent of the Yamato Nadesico. The closest paragon we have is the CEO Supermom MILF. A great deal of anime and manga revolves around wish fulfillment of the audience (both male and female audience members), and most western female audience writers simply do not do a good job of catering to that market, because their agendas tend to be "Push" driven, rather than "Pull".
>>
Think this thread may have just been set to autosage.

This kills the discussion.
>>
>>135635227
First, the comic industry is much smaller than the manga industry. There's immediately less opportunities for women there.
Second, back in the day, comics used to basically be soft core hentai showing off pulpy, hot chicks so little kids could rub one out. Nowadays, there's no reason to make porn like that. It's a lot faster just to get a tumblr and a patreon nowadays.
Third, Marvel and DC control the lion's share of the industry, and they aren't really interested in putting out porn, or hiring women (they're hiring more, but it's largely a token effort).
>>
>>135635742
Ok, so reading is to hard. Just admit it next time on the start. I can try using more simplistic vocaubalary and maybe you'll be able to comprehend it. Oh, sorry. "Get it"
>>
>>135636858
>HAHA! I'm so smart and clever
Your vernacular and prose is childish at best. Nothing you've said is remotely complex or thought provoking (being sarcastic and passive-aggressive like an angry woman doesn't make you sound smart). All you've done is out yourself as an outsider, and there's a reason outsiders are immediately spotted and told to fuck off here.
>>
>>135637028
Dude, text seems to hard for you. Try 9gag or something. I know there might be some text from time to time but you can easily scroll down to the "funny pictures", I'm sure someone like you will enjoy yourself there.
>>
>>135637297
*too hard
>>
>>135637297
>Uh oh! He hit the nail on the head. Better make some more "clever" posts to insult him and side-step the fact that he read me like a book
Keep going.
>>
>>135634516
>>135635529
>>135635670
>>135635742
>>135636075
>tumblr
>>>/v/
>>
>>135637360
Ok, I guess you don't know how to acces the page. There's this white bar thingy at the top of the screen (the shiny thing you're looking at). Type in the the keyboard these signs in order:
9 g a g . c o m
It should redirect you straight to the place you belong. Enjoy!
>>
>1989 only got 4 votes
what the fuck you guys
>>
>>135637785
Sorry, I just realized that you're actually a woman from tumblr given how you "argue". I'll stop bothering you now, as it's clear that thinking isn't your strong suit.
>>
>>135637861
I guess it was absurd giving you written instructions considering your incapabilities. Maybe you could ask a friend or a family member for help?
>>
Just stop, you're both retards.
>>
>>135616292
Rather then the shorts being expanded into series I'd rather see some new original series made by some of the directors that stood out in the expo. This medium needs variety more than anything else.
>>135637861
>I'm not mad
>>
>>135638429
This. I'm furious that we'll never get a Western-revenge continuation of Carnage.
>>
>>135638429
>IP counter doesn't go up
>Reply to OP to make it look like you just got into the thread
>Take another shot at an anon who stopped posting
Please stop embarrassing yourself, they were right about you being a filthy cross-boarder.
>>
>>135634641
>Women don't particularly care for animating or making cartoons that aren't for little girls. You're confusion availability with accessibility.

But female mangaka create comics for males. There are plenty of them that do. So why would female animators be any different?
>>
>>135638601
Here's your reply. Hope you enjoy it cause I assure you that you won't get more.
>>
>>135635110
Can you even read or are you just too triggered to even care that you sound like a dumbass?
>>
>>135638710
So we're going to pretend my post wasn't right? Ok.
>>
>>135638749
Damn, you broke me. Here's your second reply! I know I'm too generous.
Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.