[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So we're the midst of a great time to catch up and eliminate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 12
File: utena.jpg (57 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
utena.jpg
57 KB, 960x720
So we're the midst of a great time to catch up and eliminate things from our backlog? What things have you finally gotten around to watching and/or reading while we wait for the new season to start?

I've been watching the Fate and related anime (i.e. Zero, Unlimited Blade Works, and I'm gonna be doing Carnival Phantasm soon), Utena, and Koi Kaze.
>>
I've been watching Lupin
>>
By backlog's huge but a friend showed me City Hunter so I'll probably overdose on that this season.
>>
File: UtenaHeadstand.jpg (49 KB, 540x412) Image search: [Google]
UtenaHeadstand.jpg
49 KB, 540x412
>>135604184
After you finish Utena, immediately watch Penguindrum and YuriKuma so you can fully appreciate how much worse they are than Utena.
>>
>>135606924
Ikuhara truly is a madman, what is so wrong/right with that guy.
>>
>>135604184
I am constantly watching like 5-10 shows from my backlog but only 1-3 of a currently airing season.
>>
File: Ano-Natsu-de-Matteru.jpg (597 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Ano-Natsu-de-Matteru.jpg
597 KB, 1280x720
>>
File: TougaGlasses.jpg (90 KB, 1227x917) Image search: [Google]
TougaGlasses.jpg
90 KB, 1227x917
>>135607094
I mean, I like all of his shows.

Utena is just better than the others by a truly massive margin.
>>
>>135607167
Well it is also better than pretty much every other anime by a truly massive margin.
>>
>>135606924
Penguindrum is way better than YuriKuma. Almost as good as Utena barring the movie
>>
Spice and Wolf, The Tatami Galaxy, Samurai Flamenco and K-On!
>>
>>135607226
Penguindrum felt like it overreached itself to me. It had all these really cool ideas and concepts that were sloppily executed and it really brought the whole thing down.

YuriKuma was much simpler conceptually, and I enjoyed it more because of that. It wasn't trying to be something more than it was.

I still really liked Penguindrum, I just wish it had either handled itself more elegantly or trimmed out some of the ideas that didn't work well.
>>
File: Steins+Gate+-+05+-+Large+23.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Steins+Gate+-+05+-+Large+23.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
ep 9 of pic related

like it when she cries, pretty cute.
>>
File: Naga Laugh.jpg (39 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Naga Laugh.jpg
39 KB, 640x480
Went back to pick up the specials/OVAs/Movies from a bunch of franchises I already watched the main shows in.

Tiger and Bunny Movies, 2nd one was really good
Yuru Yuri Nachuyachumi
Kenshin OVAs, Tsuiokuhen was really good, the rest weren't bad.
Eva Movies (1.11, 2.22, 3.33)
UBW Sunny Day Special
Slayers Movies/OVAs LINA INVERSE PLEASES OLD MEN FOR MONEY DOHOHOHOHOHO
>>
File: 280px-Cielo_azzurro_di_Romeo.jpg (15 KB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
280px-Cielo_azzurro_di_Romeo.jpg
15 KB, 280x210
Romeo no Aoi Sora

Enjoying so far.
>>
File: 1450345932404.jpg (52 KB, 742x720) Image search: [Google]
1450345932404.jpg
52 KB, 742x720
I've been marathoning monogatari, the plan is to finish up and read Kizu before the movies come out. Almost done with 2nd season and about to order Kizu.
>>
>>135604184
I've finally gotten around to Spice and Wolf. It's great.
>>
I've mainly been watching Lupin like this anon >>135604753 but kind of burned myself out, so I'm watching a few episodes of that per week while I play the new Trails games that just came out. Also got Cooking Master Boy and Utena on the backburner.
>>
>>135608221
you actually purchase that shit?
ahahahahahaha what a FAG
>>
>>135604184
I'm actually gonna rewatch Utena once I finish Gahkthun
>>
Been working my way through Galaxy Angel it's really fun and Mint is a QT
>>
>>135608724
Just the translated book.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.