[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can CG look this awesome?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
How can CG look this awesome?
>>
It was fucking stupid, how much money did they spend on the CG and they made no attempt to blend it in with the 2D animation. Maybe you can justify it for Berserker and Caster's tentacle form since they're supposed to be "otherworldly", but all of the CG vehicles stuck out like a sore thumb.
>>
File: 1431711523263.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1431711523263.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>135593783
It really was something
>>
>>135594632
I was fine with BAZAKA's jet since it was mostly covered in smoke and fighter jets are cool. But Gil's floating gold block stood out way too much, plus I didn't like the gold and green color scheme.
>>
File: ubw archer.jpg (34 KB, 636x354) Image search: [Google]
ubw archer.jpg
34 KB, 636x354
>>135593783
>>135594632

They ruined Archer and Shirous UBW marble. CGI piece of crap in the anime. (at least the UBW marble looks nice in the ps vita op)
>>
>>135595765
What's with the explosion? Was this directed by Michael Bay or what?
>>
You make it hard to see by surrounding him with shadows
>>
Cover it in lightning effects to hide just how ugly the CG really is
>>
>>135594632
I thought Lancelot looked cool, but never understood the reason behind the CG effects. "To make him look unnatural/ out of place in this world", many say. Okay, why? He's an angry guy with a sword, he's not any more out of place than Lancer. Berserker class was never this bizarre exception; Heracles worked just fine as a grey giant. The CG sounds way more fitting for the Shadow in the HF movies. BTW, I just realized Lancelot's color scheme is taken directly from HF's Blackened characters.

tl;Dr his CG smoke/glowy bits is only there to look cool
>>
>>135596826
It was most likely due the same reason most studios use 3DCG mechas, they're cheaper, look a lot better and are easier to animate.
>>
>>135596826
Lancelot has an ability that disguises himself and his stats. He loses the CG when he fights Saber at the end.
>>
Until the moment he draws his sword, Lancelot's shape is blurred by some kind of black fog, preventing anyone from being able to perceive any of his abilities or stats. Waver clearly states that.

Admittedly, animating this in 2D is pretty difficult, so I'm not that surprised they used 3DCG
>>
>>135593783
The dark effect helps
>>
f/z is already looking dated
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.