[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The TV series was more depressing than the movie.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Neon_Genesis_Evangelion.jpg (3 MB, 2614x1639) Image search: [Google]
Neon_Genesis_Evangelion.jpg
3 MB, 2614x1639
The TV series was more depressing than the movie.
>>
>>135585081
That's because the movie is the happy ending.
>>
>>135585163
They end up in a fucked up environment that may or may not be suitable for living, with the entire civilization destroyed.
I'm not sure if that's a happy ending. At least in the TV it all ended with Shinji believing that everything can be alright.
>>
>>135585297
The only difference is in how far forward you get to see.
>>
>>135585081
They are both top tier, and thankfully Anno didn't punk out at that time with a shitty fan pleasing ending.
I just hope that will not be the case with 3.0+1.0.
>>
>>135585361
This is not true, shinji accepts instrumentality in 25 and 26
>>
>>135585297
It ends with Shinji beginning to get over his mental issues, which was what the whole show was about anyway. The original ending just ends with him continuing to run away from reality. EoE is the good end.
>>
>>135586510
Oh, and basically killing the entire human race because they don't have the option to come back.
>>
>depressing
What was depressing about it? I feel like white millennials are the only ones to use this word so loosely.
>>
File: torino9bd.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
torino9bd.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
TV ending -- happy ever after in the Matrix
EoE -- Shinji shits the bed for everyone.
>>
>>135585081
That's because it was basically Anno's depression in animated form, at least the ending was happy.
>>
>>135586690
>not wanting to turn into human soup to have a giant ocean sex orgy

come on, do you even liquify
>>
>>135586460
If you actually paid attention to the dialogue and imagery, you'd realize you're wrong.
>>
>>135587646
Apply yourself for 2016, retard
>>
>>135589178
You're the only retard here.
>>
>>135589178
>>135589199

Take it back to reddit, girls.
>>
>>135585081
>read the manga
>homo dies
>best detective dies
>misato dies
>rei disappears
>asuka doesn't put out
>best friend is killed right in front of you
>father uses you like a toy
>labeled as nothing more than a soldier on the front line
It was a damn good mecha series, though the ending explanation was fucktarded. It at least ended in a way that implies that shinji might get with asuka.
>>
>>135589327
>shinji might get with kensuke
ftfy, manga shinji is gay.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.