[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any anime character that use warglaives?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
Is there any anime character that use warglaives?
>>
File: Roman_gladius-transparent.png (19 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
Roman_gladius-transparent.png
19 KB, 180x180
non retarded one (pic related) ? yeah probably
>>
File: Glaives.jpg (167 KB, 770x551) Image search: [Google]
Glaives.jpg
167 KB, 770x551
>>135581144
>>135581227
Both of you are terrible.
>>
>>135581227
Thats a completely different weapon.
>>
>>135581298
>>135581304
The word "glaive" originated from French. Almost all etymologists derive it from either the Latin (gladius) or Celtic (*cladivos, cf. claymore) word for sword.
>>
>>135581298
Warglaives not those glaives. Learn to read
>>
File: 1387001689394.png (29 KB, 140x124) Image search: [Google]
1387001689394.png
29 KB, 140x124
Im not talking about real weapons people went to battle with, Im talking about anime fucking weapons. I know this isnt /k/
>>
>>135581554
>"Is there any anime character that uses a warhammer?"
>posts a picture of a spear
>"That's not remotely a hammer of any kind."
>"I said warhammer. Learn to read."
>>
>>135581144
It always bothered me when people use the word glaive to describe a weapon that doesn't look like one even a little.

A glaive is like a naginata, only the blade is much more massive and the pole is like that of a normal spear or longer.

And then we have stuff in media like 40Ks Glaive Encarmine (that looks like a sword) and WoW's Warglaives of Azzinoth used by Illidan (or the Glaives used by Night Elf women) that look like swords or tri-bladed boomerang blades.
>>
>>135581705
No, you're talking about WoW weapons.
>>
>>135581757
>"Is there any anime character that uses a magicial dragon swords?"
>wow what a idiot he must be talking about a realistic weapon like a claymore
>>
>>135582024
>"Is there any anime character that uses the specific Flamboyant StupidSickles of Overdesignlandia?"
>man this guy has shit taste, lets ridicule him for sport and point out why his question sucks.
>>
>>135581844
>Glaive Encarmine
And then there's the Nemesis Foce Halberd, which is actually a glaive.
>>
>>135581757
A warhammer was kind of spear-like though. It had a long shaft and a small hammer head at the end. If op had asked for a warhammer and anon posted that, op would be complaining it's not the short shafted giant iron cube shit his Warcraft dorfs use. That's the comparable analogy.
>>
>>135582206
>Is there anyone that can answer this question?
>My answer was completely irrelevant, but whatever this guy has shit taste HUEHUEHUE
>>
>>135582272
Yep. Talk about naming.

Seriously, it's like people doing weapons for various settings simply picked up names that are cool.
>>
File: THE_RAVAGES_OF_TIME_22_036.jpg (408 KB, 850x1300) Image search: [Google]
THE_RAVAGES_OF_TIME_22_036.jpg
408 KB, 850x1300
>>135581298
>implying your fancy shit is actually used in battle
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.