[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the appeal of Berserk? Is it cause it's something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 4fqXn.jpg (152 KB, 590x644) Image search: [Google]
4fqXn.jpg
152 KB, 590x644
What's the appeal of Berserk? Is it cause it's something you can read till you're old men.
>>
It's FUN and INTERESTING
>>
its one of the original ultra violent mangas. that and blade of the immortal

i would argue blade of the immortal is much better personally but bezerk is good. both have people hacked up and some supernatural stuff. bezerk has more supernatural stuff
>>
No one can call it shit until it is done.
>>
>>135558146
>mangas
>>
>>135558146
>ultra
>mangas
>berzerk
>supernatural stuff
neo /a/ really is a thing
>>
>>135558584
Newfags and crossboarders are already a thing.
>>
File: guts.jpg (3 MB, 2225x1881) Image search: [Google]
guts.jpg
3 MB, 2225x1881
It has god tier art and is full of things dudebro normies like. Moe faggotry isn't something we like.
>>
>>135558043
Because it's an epic saga.
It has ups and downs.
The ups are some of the most amazing moments in entertainment i've ever had the pleasure of reading. The downs are not as bad as some mangas.
I've been reading it since I was 8, I am emotionally invested it.
>>
>>135558043
I also did not read it or had any intention to. But some weeks ago I read some random news about the Author starting to write some more chapters (I knew before that he was on hiatus because he was playing idolmaster or whatever).

So I just out of plain boredom thought why the fuck not give it a shot, lots of people talk about it.

Started reading and got really hooked after chapter 10 ended. The first 10 chapters are like years and years after what happens for the next ~100 chapters.

It started to appeal to me for its gritty (and very good) artstyle which grew better over time. I like the low-fantasy approach and the very realistic portrayal of warfare and the life of mercenaries around the time of what I guess is in very early 15th century.

There is also no holding back in any kind of emotional display. You will encounter lots of violence, rape, love, hate, dreams and expectations. I have not completed all chapters out until now but I feel it's just getting better. In my opinion there are parts in it, which are worth reading the entire thing for just these certain parts.

I'd suggest you just read the first 15 chapters and then either drop it or continue as you like. It's the best way to get into it I guess.
>>
>>135558584
He didn't say berzerk, he said BEZERK. Get it right retard
>>
>>135558043
epics memes such as the boat one
>>
>>135558043
>people born in the year 2000 are turning 16 this year

fuck
>>
File: 1349026650592.jpg (65 KB, 401x401) Image search: [Google]
1349026650592.jpg
65 KB, 401x401
>>135559641
>Not mentioning the epic bag memes
>>
>>135558043
Get cancer and die.

Thank you.
>>
When I was I think 17 and was recommended Berserk by an otherwise entry level Big 3 type fan, I didn't know much about anime/manga at the time besides what was on Toonami/AS but was always under the impression that what I had seen was a tiny cherrypicked crust of a deeper world. Berserk basically was proof positive to me that indeed there is extremely cool shit out there that you just have to go and look a little harder for.

I soon discovered moe after actually getting into anime, but that didn't detract at all from the fact that I fucking loved reading through Berserk. Maybe just my particular timing of exposures made it always seem silly and stupid to me to limit yourself to certain classifications of shows, but I always saw Berserk as something that transcends the typical boundaries people limit themselves to with this medium because it seems almost everyone likes it at least to some degree. It's an underdog story that only gets more and more fucking futile/impossible as it goes on despite Guts becoming incredibly badass with the elemental armor. For many years I've always thought Miura wrote himself into a corner in this aspect and that's why he's taking so long to finish it, because he still hasn't figured out how to end it without an unsatisfying cop-out.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.