[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With 30+ shows released every season, why do seemingly all of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1449357261141.jpg (131 KB, 960x944) Image search: [Google]
1449357261141.jpg
131 KB, 960x944
With 30+ shows released every season, why do seemingly all of them follow similar dated setup structures, premises and "plots"?
>>
Because I fucked you're mom last night.
>>
>>135550661
Because this thread is a shitpost that should be deleted.
>>
Because I just pretend to watch them. And secretly read all the good manga instead.
>>
>>135550661
They're not dated, they're highly refined formulas that represent the highest achievement of storytelling.

>oh but I've seen it before it's boring now
Great. Stop watching/reading things then.

I guarantee if you invent your own story structure it will either be exactly like something before it, or so retarded and pointlessly confusing that no one enjoys it.
>>
>>135550661
LN adaptions, keeping things familiar, not wanting to experiment etc.

Theres atleast a hundred manga/LN that´s doing well in japan but will never see the light of day, and a lot of them are either garbage or the stuff of dreams.

>>135550759
this
>>
>>135550778
My issue is specifically with

>bored high school student
>mysterious girl appears
>takes an interest in him
>>
Because the audiencie is 10k people that only likes that
>>
>>135550833
Well thats gay shit for fags, honestly. What do you want? Rewatch Gurren-Lagann.

>Even TTGL used the mysterious girl appears device
Guess you're fucked. Maybe watch something where every girl is established and not mysterious and the story doesnt center around meeting someone new.

Akagi?
>>
>>135550931
>story doesnt center around meeting someone new.
b-b-but my boring life that I fantasise about changing through no effort of my own!
>>
Because they need to be profitable and companies don't want to experiment for the sake of impressing people that will probably pirate it anyway
>>
>>135551224
A shows success is based on the quality of the waifus
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.