[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the deal with Eva Unit 04? It shows up in the Manga
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: unit_04.gif (23 KB, 129x329) Image search: [Google]
unit_04.gif
23 KB, 129x329
What's the deal with Eva Unit 04? It shows up in the Manga and some of the games, but it's never been animated.
In the TV series and Rebuild, it always disappears in a flash of red along the surrounded area when it's activated with the S2 Engine/Organ. Are they going to finally show where Unit 04 goes in 4.0?
>>
No, it's a plot device to kill Toji
>>
>>135541229
What's the point? 3 and 4 are twin units. One black, one white. Seeing Toji's go berserk was enough.
>>
>>135541273
But Toji only died in the Manga
>>135541368
I don't think being controlled by Bardiel counts as going berserk.
>>
>>135541229
In NGE it explodes with a large blast radius, but in Rebuilds it seemed to have an impact-like aftereffect on the surrounding area. So it must have gone wherever the debris sucked up in 2.22's ending went, and chances are it is not coming back to be of any use in 3+1.
>>
>>135541458
He would have died on TV if the the networks weren't filled with pussies in the 90's
>>
>>135541581
desu I was more depressed when I saw him in bed
>Can you do me a favour
>camera cuts to view showing that he's missing a leg
>Can you tell my sister that nothings wrong with me
>>
>>135541900
ONE

(NOTHING WRONG WITH ME)

TWO

(NOTHING WRONG WITH ME)

THREE

(NOTHING WRONG WITH ME!)

FOUR

(NOTHING WRONG WITH ME!!)

ONE

(SOMETHING'S GOT TO GIVE)

TWO

(SOMETHING'S GOT TO GIVE!)

THREE

(SOMETHING'S GOT TO GIVE!!)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET THE ANGELS HIT THE FLOOR!

LET THE ANGELS HIT THE FLOOR!!

LET THE ANGELS HIT THE FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRR!!!

LET THE EVAS HIT THE FLOOR!

LET THE EVAS HIT THE FLOOR!!

LET THE EVAS HIT THE FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRR!!!
>>
>>135541468
It's been a while since I've seen 2.0, but I didn't notice that distinction. It would be cool if we get to see "beyond the gate" in 4.0 and it turns up, even just as wreckage. Although, I still just assume that it was just the S2 engine going out of control and detonating, nothing more magical than that.

If nothing else, I'd like Unit-04 to show up somewhere becauseI want to see the 'Murican pilot.

In the end, I think they just wanted to make 4 the unlucky number twice. Unit-04 explodes, and Unit-03, the fourth Eva (as there's a Unit-00) gets wrecked too.
>>
>>135541581
hell TV tokyo is why Evan was cut on ep 24, 25 and 26 were what we got and EoE was cut off till they made it a movie
>>
>>135541229
Isn't unit 04 Kaworu's unit? Maybe /m/ would have more on this but I think it would have been put in the show had it not been for time and budget constraints
>>
>>135545409
4 on anime was a white 03, Rebuild 04 was a green prototy marie uses at the start of 2.0
>>
>>135545409
It's 06
>>
>>135545409
Considering that Toji was the 4th Child and Kaworu the 5th, it's entirely possible someone else could've piloted it.
I think it was piloted by Kensuke in the manga and Kaworu in a single video game.
>>
>>135545512
The green Eva is Unit-05.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.