[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GINGA EIYUU DENSETSU
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 13
File: reinhardgif.gif (493 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
reinhardgif.gif
493 KB, 500x270
First LOTGH thread of 2016
>>
What happened to the new anime?
>>
And the last anime I finished in 2015. Does anyone else feel like the resolution to the terraist story was just thrown in at the last second for the sake of resolution? Why did the Arch-bishop help with the assassination himself if he didn't even care about the church? Did he not know the mission was a one-way trip?
>>
File: aryan saiyan.png (792 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
aryan saiyan.png
792 KB, 1600x900
>>135521471
I believe this was absolutely necessary to start off the gaiden.
>>
>>135522894
most legitimate criticism of LOTGH ive ever seen
>>
>>135522894
They were pretty much done for at that point. He figured he'd go out with a bang.
>>
>>135522894
Pretty much everything to do with the terraists was retarded and is best forgotten.
>>
>>135522894
The ending does feel a little bit rushed. What this anon said and Oberstein dying felt kinda cheap.
>>
File: JUST.png (801 KB, 955x715) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
801 KB, 955x715
Pure love! Pure!

Gaiden was actually ok, Dishonor sucked though and Kircheis is my favourite character
>>
>>135522894
They were power hungry villains of the old cycle. It's a subverted plot since Reinhard's era would replace the Goldenbaum remnants. The church was the last smudge to be erased from the universe.
>Did he not know the mission was a one-way trip?
It was over for them since all their sectors have been eradicated. He either put it in a all-or-nothing attack after taking Oberstein's bait or spend the rest of his life being a fugitive on every corner of the galaxy.
>>
>>135521471
2017 will be the year of LotgH.
>>
File: 243350840.jpg (63 KB, 659x519) Image search: [Google]
243350840.jpg
63 KB, 659x519
>>135523729
To be fair, this pissed me off more than anything and it is hard to forget. Yang taking sleeping pills that slowed him down and a unknown terraist sperging his way out after getting a lucky shot. What in the fuck man
>>
>>135522894
He had no choice, they were short on manpower and based Oberstein forced his hand. I like to think he himself leaked the details of the room the Kaiser was in, and occupied it himself.
>>
But all the Arch-bishop wanted was power, I think he would have given up on the church in search of a better way than risk his own life.
>>
Post your favourite bantz from the series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgjQmtWZwks
>>
>>135524385
then all of that time and effort would have been for nothing
>>
>>135524174
I think that was supposed to be part of the commentary on how shitty war is. Yang is this great famous admiral and revolutionary but he gets killed by some fucking radical in a terror attack and ends up bleeding out. It absolutely was not the sort of death he deserved and that is what made it so painful.

Kaiser Reinhardo on the other hand, was always portrayed as an Alexandrian figure, so it made sense for him to die in his youth from mysterious illness. Wasn't nearly as sad as Yang's death. I was spoiled going in knowing that Kircheis dies. What shocked me was how soon it happens. But when yang died I didn't fucking believe it. And when Yang dies it makes the ending sequence from that season with Julian watching the slideshow of happier times when Yang was alive make sense, and suddenly it hits you in your gut.
>>
File: LotGH (5).png (521 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
LotGH (5).png
521 KB, 640x480
Aren't they remaking LotGH this year? I long for a gender bent version.
>>
>>135524385
And do what? Look what happened to Rubinsky. Went into hiding and tried some rather pitiful power plays while dying of a tumor. There was no where for the Archbishop to go really. The times were changing and the new order had no place for people like him.
>>
>>135522894
I figured that DeVilliers participated in the last battle because his religious zealot underlings are, at the end of the day, still humans. The morale of their group was likely in the dumpster thanks to all of their other cells being destroyed, and getting them organized and motivated enough to give a good showing in their final battle required that he participate too.

A good real-life analog to this is found in some of the battles of the late middles ages, where you actually sometimes saw important nobles dismounting and fighting on foot with the rank and file. They did this as a way of showing their soldiers that that they would not be able to simply ride away if things went badly and that they were putting their own lives on the line together with everyone else for the sake of victory.
>>
>>135524983
Coming out in 2017 apparently.

I remember reading a fujo's twitter that had attended a LoGH screening in Japan right after that announcement was made (they happen from time to time, and some of the original actors... the ones who are alive, at least... often attend them and do freetalks afterwards). Apparently they've either chosen the new cast or are very close to completing the cast. Apparently Reinhard's original VA is having some input (either with the casting or direction/training). Either way, he's not relinquishing his role- he says he's aged to the point where it's not really appropriate anymore.

To be honest I'm more hype for the browser game, that actually looks pretty rad
>>
File: 1444522099304.jpg (61 KB, 524x479) Image search: [Google]
1444522099304.jpg
61 KB, 524x479
So what happened with the re-adaptation?
>>
File: sleep tight seiggers.png (246 KB, 453x404) Image search: [Google]
sleep tight seiggers.png
246 KB, 453x404
>>135525870
Read the thread buddy McPal
>>
>>135524385
The Archbishop was possibly the most wanted men in the setting by that point. The Osama Bin Laden of an entire galaxy. Can you think of any options he would have available to him other than the option he exercised (suicide by Reich) or trying to hide and eventually being discovered?
>>
File: Moe yang and julian.gif (26 KB, 180x403) Image search: [Google]
Moe yang and julian.gif
26 KB, 180x403
which Lotgh fags have already pre-ordered their novel already? or are you just hanging on until it come out?
>>
>>135525739
It's also worth mentioning that the cult followers were shown to be increasingly questioning and rebellious of his leadership, it wouldn't surprise me if he had no choice but to go with them.
>>
>>135525990
If only you were here, Kircheis
>>
>>135524174
Pyrrhus of Epirus, the man who behind Hannibal came closest to destroying the Roman Republic single-handedly, was killed by a roof-tile thrown at his head by an old woman.

Barbarossa, the Holy Roman Emperor, drowned fording a river because he was too impatient to wait to use the bridge.

The assassination that started WW1 was initially a failure, the assassin escaped and stumbled into Franz Ferdinand later that day and just killed him on the spot with no preparation.

Crazy shit happens, it's awful but we can't call it contrived.
>>
>>135527025
Also consider Richard the Lionheart getting killed by a random kid with a crossbow.
>>
I swear to god I'm gonna firebomb whoever makes the new adaptation if they touch the ship designs even a little.
>>
>>135527676
His life ended in such an anti-climax, I was really disappointed when I first read that. He was a nuts warrior-king who wanted to do nothing but fight so he went to middle-east and kicked the shit out of everybody only to die from a crossbow bolt storming some relatively insignificant castle back in Europe.
>>
>>135527687
nobody cares you autist
>>
>decide to watch LoGH last week
>"i'll try to get 5 episodes done a day"
>a week later i have 5 episodes done
>>
>>135525870
I hope the style is just as good as the old OVA. But I don't think it will be.

It would look great with 2016 technology, but something tells me they're going with a Code Geass look, like the new LOGH manga.
>>
>>135529948
Don't try to rush through it. Just take your time.
>>
>>135529948
Watch it at whatever pace you want. It took me three months to watch the first half.
>>
>>135529948
The first time I watched it it took me 4 months to complete it, the second one 2 weeks. Take your time and don't rush it, man.
>>
>>135529948
I've watched the whole thing in a few days. I simply couldn't stop watching.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (112 KB, 948x512) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
112 KB, 948x512
according to Amazon the new manga first volume will be out in February the 19th
>>
i seek a translator for the manga
>>
>>135532122

I'll do it
>>
>>135532977
>>135532122
That thing is a disgrace I do not mant to acknowledge its existence. Leave it.
>>
>>135533098
Here's a scary thought:
When they remade Tanaka's other work Arslan, they used Arakawa's characters designs.
So when they remake LoGH, what is stopping them from using Fujisaki's characters designs? I mean the current manga runs in Jump which will definitely push for it & the studio in charge of the remake Production IG, LOVE & I mean LOVE fujos as proven by their past works such as KnB, Haikyuu & Ace of Diamond
>>
File: 1450939477938.jpg (212 KB, 640x1440) Image search: [Google]
1450939477938.jpg
212 KB, 640x1440
>>135523729
I thought that would become the most interesting part at first.
>a cult
>LOGH illuminati
>chemically brainwashed followers
>kill or rehabilitate?
It was set up to be awesome but it was such a let down. I was hoping Julian would become brainwashed or at least something for a moral dilemma but he remained a vagina.
>>
>>135533098
>>135533273
>they're not manly enough for me therefore it's shit

Fucking hell I thought we were all more grown than that
>>
File: 0x90.png (288 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
0x90.png
288 KB, 500x375
>>135525990
If only you were here, Kircheis.
>>
>>135529948
>tfw it took me 2 years to finish it

Take your time. It's too good to be consumed in one go.
>>
>>135533273
The Arslan TV series is an adaption of Arakawa's manga (which just happens to be an adaption of Tanaka's novels) rather than an adaption of the novels (which just happen to use the character designs from Arakawa's manga).
It's like how Senkaiden Houshin Engi (Soul Hunter) is an adaption of the Houshin Engi manga, rather than an adaption of the Fengshen Yanyi novel. Or something like that.
>>
>>135529948
It took me two weeks to get through just two ovas and the main series. Found it hard to binge watch for some reason.
>>
>>135534034
i bindge watched last eps and even though they were more emotional episodes they just lacked the soul when you binge watch
Never binge watch good anime
>>
>>135534034
I don't get this binge watching thing. Do kids these days live every day with the presumption that they're going to die next week?
>>
>>135529948
I've been stuck around episode 70ish for the last year or so. I don't know when the Earth Cult plot started to happen, and the nobles getting blown the fuck out I kinda lost interest. I've found the Earth Cult plot to be really boring.
>>
>>135534143
True, better to be paced and enjoy than watch a lot and go into standby mode and waste ones time. Pulled the same silly shit with Monster. At the end my brain couldn't decide between "I want more" and "be done already". Last impression was not enjoying it despite liking the show.
>>
>>135525990
f only you were here, Kircheis
>>
File: Legend.of.the.Galactic.Heroes.jpg (51 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Legend.of.the.Galactic.Heroes.jpg
51 KB, 960x720
>>135534370
The same happened to me on the first time I watched LoGH. I really implore you to finish the ova, in the end it's worth it.

Just watching one episode a day, for example just before going to sleep, gets you over some boring episodes or arcs.
>>
>>135534898
>Just watching one episode a day, for example just before going to sleep, gets you over some boring episodes or arcs.
I keep meaning to, but I always forget. I plan on finishing it eventually don't worry.
Honestly I really did love it until the nobles got destroyed like I said, but everything after that felt pretty underwhelming. Maybe if the Earth Cult main base didn't get completely demolished I would've found it engaging.
>>
File: 1390460603205.jpg (33 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1390460603205.jpg
33 KB, 500x375
>>135535053
I trust you anon.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.