[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One Piece
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 14
File: Broker_7_Portrait.png (69 KB, 286x286) Image search: [Google]
Broker_7_Portrait.png
69 KB, 286x286
Who is this man and do you think he will be important?
His age and design are intriguing.
>>
File: haki.jpg (219 KB, 1200x878) Image search: [Google]
haki.jpg
219 KB, 1200x878
Remember the shitstorm?
>>
>>135503544
i think that might be a revolutionary army guy, so i assume he'll be sort of important
>>
>>135505753
What if he was a giant? Does Oda's drawing invalidate the possibility?
>>
File: download (3).jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
8 KB, 300x168
>>135503544
Who can say...
You never know who'll become important in One Piece at an unexpected time.
Sanji-kun, I'm looking at you.
Who else hyped for Sanji's birth and history being revealed? Theories?
>>
>>135506339
>Who else hyped for Sanji's birth and history being revealed? Theories?
He's a Donquixote
Most likely.

That said it's Oda. Meaning the most likely theory is still bullshit and hes gonna surprise us and everyone on /a/ will be wrong, again.
>>
>>135506431
Donquixote Sanji? Are you actually serious?
Anon... somehow I doubt that.
I think he comes from Norland's country, Lvneen Kingdom. Look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6HqE1k1yZg
>>
File: tridentkun.png (51 KB, 202x233) Image search: [Google]
tridentkun.png
51 KB, 202x233
>>135506002
i don't think it does. We've seen huge screens at sabaody, so everything could just be huge.

Wonder if oda used these lamps sometime before..
>>
>>135506638
Does an Island of North Blue matter at this point? I said said world noble because that's the only kind of royalty that would matter in the current plot.

And Oda gave him feathery coats two times in color spread. Just assuming.
>>
File: 800px-Mont-blanc_P1020796.jpg (72 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
800px-Mont-blanc_P1020796.jpg
72 KB, 800x532
>>135506638
>Mont Blanc is a mountain range between France and Italy.
>Sanji is said to be French by Oda.
>France and Italy are both major culinary regions of Europe.
>Mont Blanc (pic related) is also a French dessert.
Montblanc Sanji confirmed
>>
>>135506891
Chinese lamps? What kind of lamp is that?
>>
I'm looking forward to see some more brokers. I still think the anime fucked up and that one broker was supposed to be Lucci.
>>
>>135506973
Considering Norland has been mentioned more than once, and just previously was mentioned in Dressrosa, I think that makes it relevant enough to have a potential place in Sanji's history. Who knows.
>>
>>135507074
i checked some shots of the revolutionary base, wasn't there, but i guess if oda used it, someone would have found it already, so it's probably not important.

would have been kinda cool though
>>
>>135507284
Speaking of which I always wondered if the Islands of the Grand line and New world were always connected like that.

They called Norland an explorer, implying no one from the civilized world really sailed these waters.
>>
>>135507364
Wano?
>>
>>135504934
I don't, care to enlight me
>>
>>135507509
that guy's clothes and his trident don't seem very samuraish to me
>>
>>135507689
well, the hat, the clothes are hard to recogize.
>>
>>135507689
I have an itch that Wano will be a huge arc with different towns and factions. That's just me but if it's gonna be the Kaidou war arc then it would be fitting to have all sort of foreigners barging in.
>>
>>135504934
stronger haki cutting through weaker haki was already demonstrated with Law vs Vergo though

I remember everyone being happy this fight was over, because it went on for way too long and was kind of exhausting
>>
>>135507436
What do you mean? You wonder if it's been fully explored or what?
I think the New World is largely unexplored due to how dangerous it is.
In regards to Norland, I believe he was the first of the civilized world to discover Jaya and make it known. Or maybe not?
>>
>>135508008
Did't Law use his fruit though? The whole Pica fight was still worth it just to see that glorious double page
>>
>>135508298
>I think the New World is largely unexplored due to how dangerous it is.
Most of the Grand Line Islands appear to be charted and connected to the WG. Considering Marijoa was always at the center its weird to imagine it was different 400 years ago.
They present Wano or Zou like it's exceptional that there are Islands outside the WG control. The Marines HQ is even in the New World.

That kind of ruined it for me.
>>
>>135508518
I totally get you. I too loved the idea of the world not being fully explored. I know this is the anime, but, in the opening, it says "the New World has only been fully explored by G. Rog. and his crew" or something to that effect. Is that not true? I always presumed the WG just had a charted outline of the Redline and a fair bit of the New World, not all of it? No?
>>
>>135508713
Apparently not. I was massively let down when Law revealed Emperors still tried to do their dealings underground to avoid intervention from the Marines. Thought the Emperors scared the Marines and ruled the seas like Sovereigns, not just some Mafia.

I remember in the East Blue days, how Grand Line was presented as an untamed sea full of Weird and dangerous powers making surviving it for a year like Sanji's master a feat. Attainable only through a small pass that no one bothered to use anymore.
I was surprised when the Alabasta guards recognized the Marines, and disappointed when it was finally revealed how much control they had over the entire stretch and how casually they sailed in and out.

Fuck Oda for doing that. That's not something I'll ever let someone call me a hater for, but that just ruined a lot of the fantasy.
>>
>>135506339
I'm hyped I love Sanji. I think it's cool the next arc is about him and I like the theory that he's one of the higher ups son.
>>
>>135503544
Smokers father whose dark life in the underworld drove Smoker to strongly accept the marines into his life to fight that corruption.
>>
>>135509288
I liked when Sanji was the strawhats secret operative.
Mr. Prince, etc.
>>
File: doffy it's not fair.png (846 KB, 1281x691) Image search: [Google]
doffy it's not fair.png
846 KB, 1281x691
>>135509138
>but that just ruined a lot of the fantasy.
You're right, it happened again in the New World.
>Magnetic fields are so crazy you need 3 log poses
>Never see the log pose again because lol Vivre Cards
>>
>>135503544
kind of looks like the fourth revolutionary boss in chapter 801
>>
>>135509138
Well, it hasn't ruined it for me but I get you. Oda definitely gave us major misconceptions. I always had this epic vision of the grand line being this surreal, gigantic pathway of water, where the waves are constantly so high that they look like walls, in a way that makes navigation ridiculously hard (therefore more enjoyable to watch). Instead it's just... snow... sometimes... and the odd anomaly that actually IS like what I described. I actually hoped and imagined the SH's would get annihilated in the Grand Line early on and would have to come back later or something. Oh well, I still really like how it turned out. I like that the New World truly does seem more dangerous, it's something I'd been looking forward to for years. I don't know if it's just me but I love it when, in a long running series, the difficulty of the environment spikes and so you can compare a later part of it with an earlier part and see a big difference. I just makes it feel like an epic journey. I like to do this by comparing Alabasta and Dressrosa, where I feel the progression of difficulty and world building between the two is some of the greatest, despite the way the arcs mirror each other.
>>
>>135510023
Dunno about that. The New World is hardly the Grim Pirate graveyard we were told about.

Some of the guys sailing are powerful but so far it's surprisingly tamed. Heck, complete idiots like Bartolomeo sail it just fine and fleets made of fodder pirates also don't seem affected in the least bit.
>>
>>135510023
I was kinda hoping the Grand line was exactly that completely fucked up sea where all kind of fantastical beings sailed and interacted in a permanent state of chaos and turn of events. At first it seemed to be like that with the Baroque work agents outlandishly dressed and with weird weapons, the giant whale and a doctor who sculpted an Underground base inside it, an Island full of Dinosaurs and two giants fighting since 100 years, a kingdom of eternal winter with no name and no king. But then things slowly lost that initial magic. I blame the Marines a lot but just seeing how organized and civilian friendly everything turned out to be as well.
>>
File: mm5_pilotscarf.jpg (59 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
mm5_pilotscarf.jpg
59 KB, 800x600
>>135507804
He looks like a WW1 pilot.
>>
>>135510288
Well... Considering Fishman Island not technically New World, they only visited 2 Islands and a... elephant. one of those islands not exactly a habitable place.

The Doffy famiy definitely dangerously strong. especially likes of Doffy himself, Vergo, Pica, and some other execs like Gladius.

And Zou definitely has some top notch fighters, but for the msot part we only seen em as allies. Though the mance that is jack definitely puts New World Dangers Over with how he fooked the Minks.

point being though, they have come across two locations, two locations that are closer to the Red line. they hardly balls deep into it yet.
>>
>>135510599
I actually do like how there are civilizations living in there. Again, I actually do like how things turned out. I can't really explain why I like civilizations like Dressrosa existing in the New World, I just do. There's something I like about the way that a kingdom can exist in such a harsh sea, especially one like Dressrosa, and that the villain was so strong... this may sound weird but, in my head, it all just feels good. And no I don't smoke weed.
And I know we all keep saying it's super tame and, oh, it's something anyone could sail in, well, we have to remember that officially, Oda says it is still a very unstable sea. The fact that that IS the case, even though the way it's presented does not show this much, makes me like it a lot still.
Sorry for trying to explain myself in that butchered way but, it's how I view these things.
>>135510288
As goofy as Bart and his crew are, aren't we just underestimating them? He may look less impressive than most of Dressrosa's major villains and such, but isn't he a league higher than most people in the Grandline anyway? That's just what I assume. I like to think that East Blue Luffy could not have beaten Bart and such.
>>
>>135510839
We still need to see a strong character who doesn't give a fuck about 'eras' and 'waves'. Imagine a really old badass who survived countless eras, saw Roger rise and fall, went on a date with kurera in her youth...

And on top of that he flies a plane. You can only dream.
>>
File: wouldyou.png (264 KB, 670x863) Image search: [Google]
wouldyou.png
264 KB, 670x863
Would you give her a ride?
>>
>>135510288
The key thing is that it's under Yonko control. The weather anomalies are also still very deadly and Bartolomeo surviving is used as a gag.

The beginning of the New World seems to be similar to Paradise but soon after islands fall under territories. It's said the only way to survive is to ally with a Yonko or actively rebel against them, since harassing one doesn't incur the wrath of all of them.

If you're sailing Paradise anything can happen, you can sail relatively smoothly or run into Mihawk or a Vice Admiral on your first stop. If you're sailing the New World, you're going to come up against the strongest crews in the world and you have a decision to make. It's likely that most fleets and seemingly independent crews have an allegiance, even though it can't be said for sure with Orlumbus though it would be silly if it's proven that his fleet didn't have a former affiliation especially with how much weaker he is himself. If a pirate crew like the Happo Navy serves a country, that country in turn is under a Yonko so by extension they have an allegiance even if they don't care about it.

I agree it doesn't seem as ominous, relatively, as it seemingly was but it still is the most dangerous if you actually want to go through it. On top of that, we don't even know what the waters near Raftel could be like.
>>
>>135511161
>Oda says it is still a very unstable sea.
The problem is that the Barto club surviving it completely contradict this. We saw what it offers and it's really not much. I was more intimidated by the depths of Fishman Island.

Bartos have absolutely no idea how to sail, they were phoning his mom back in East Blue for advice (why they can reach her, again their phone network is more advanced than ours).
Their boat is also terrifyingly mundane.
>>
>>135512426
I would ride Nami and then go into adventure hunting with that Fox.
>>
>>135512573
Well, like >>135512472 said, it's most liley a gag. His post seems to sum up the NW nicely.
>>
File: reflective.png (157 KB, 516x440) Image search: [Google]
reflective.png
157 KB, 516x440
>>135503544
How can people still read One Piece in 2016? I mean come ON.
>>
File: Nami 1.jpg (375 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
Nami 1.jpg
375 KB, 800x640
>>135512426

I'd giver her a ride on my dick.
>>
>>135513502
https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=%2Fm%2F01_f03
>>
>>135514108
This is problematic. In 2016 a trend like that is unacceptable. let's hope the current year changes this.
>>
>>135514108
>Peak in 2010

HAHAHAHAHA. THRILLER BARK BABIES BTFO.

Marineford rules. Deal with it manchilds.
>>
>>135503544
Smoker's dad
>>
>>135509352
>>135514929
Is this a meme?
>>
File: 54364669_p0.jpg (868 KB, 1911x1912) Image search: [Google]
54364669_p0.jpg
868 KB, 1911x1912
Happy New Year

Were all in this together, like it or not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU26yt2fU0c&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>135515261
see >>135509352

not a terrible thought. Smoker is a fairly involved character much like Law or Jinbe. he prolly due to get some depth in his backstory.
>>
File: mad fuckin dragon.png (32 KB, 157x380) Image search: [Google]
mad fuckin dragon.png
32 KB, 157x380
>eternally waiting for Dragon flashback

>>135506339
>can't message Queenzflip to let him know he'll see his nigga Sanji soon
>>
>>135515436
When are they coming out with new characters songs? They should make some for the Dressrosa characters
>>
File: 1450125905959.gif (304 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1450125905959.gif
304 KB, 500x281
Happy new years you cunts
>>
>>135517784
4 new character songs will be released on 24 February 2016. They will be included in the 4 albums of the old songs respectively.

-Luffy, Ace and Sabo in their childhood
-Sabo
-"ONE WORLD" by all Straw Hats
-Kyros and Rebecca
>>
>>135518241
That's cool. Hope they add on the Colosseum guys, at least the Strawhat fleet, and the rest of the Donquixote Family too.
>>
File: Gambia_Manga_Infobox.png (218 KB, 374x1379) Image search: [Google]
Gambia_Manga_Infobox.png
218 KB, 374x1379
Gambia has the same patterns on his arms as SMILE devil fruit users. What does this mean?
>>
>>135517904
You too. Also Brook was a mistake
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.