[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw i realise i haven't watched any anime since last year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 8
File: persona4-foxcru3.jpg (97 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
persona4-foxcru3.jpg
97 KB, 1280x720
>mfw i realise i haven't watched any anime since last year
>>
>This year I watched an average of 3 shows by season.
>Former year's average was 10.

Are my tastes getting better or is all anime getting worse with each passing year?
>>
>>135490807
Why did they all have 5 o'clock shadow?
>>
>>135490807
same here, I planned on watching One Punch Man but I never got around to it despite wasting all my time browsing /a/ . Compared to last year where I used to watch 10+ series a seasons.. maybe I have finally outgrown anime
>>
>>135490807
Work?

>>135491383
You're just not trying them out. I know I almost dropped Rakudai, Taimadou, and Asterisk because of anime fatigue, but I went back and thoroughly enjoyed all three. They're not even great shows. They're just fun.

If you can't relax and have fun watching anime, then if shows like Trigun were released today, you wouldn't watch it.

Also 3 anime? If you're the serious watcher than you should have at least watch 5.
>>
File: Ryner.gif (209 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
Ryner.gif
209 KB, 500x283
>>135491591
I know people in their 60s who watch anime. You don't really outgrow this stuff, you just find a passion for new stuff.

Look it's just anime fatigue, like superhero fatigue. If all you do is watch anime, you can't really enjoy anime all that much. Do other stuff and come back to it.
>>
>>135490807
This year was bad.
>>
>Watch less then 20 shows a season
>Complains about anime

Maybe you guys just don't like anime? Being picky about it means you only like popular shit everyone else likes and can't form your own opinion.

That or you are an immature 15 year old who thinks that cute girls are gay or something.
>>
>>135491787

But anon, trigun was shit. I hated it even back then.
>>
>>135493474

If you watch over 20 shows you are just autist son, nothing to do with enjoyment.
>>
>There are anons who don't get the shitty joke
>>
>>135493716
>Spending new years on a board for cartoons

Don't kid yourself, we are all autism.
>>
>>135493762
We're just pretending, bro. You were being tested. You failed.
>>
>>135493474
>I must watch all airing anime or I won't be a true connoisseur!

That's just not having taste at all.
>>
>>135493864

I'm only depressed socially inept piece of garbage thankfully. Not an autist.
>>
>>135494429
Sounds like an autist
>>
>>135493891
20 shows tends to be only about half the airing shows. If you only watch 10 shows a season, I can be certain those 10 will be nothing but safe and popular picks.

Some of the best shows are the ones that you almost never hear about and would almost never consider.
>>
You're just getting bored of anime. Lots of reasons it can happen, but given you only watched ~10 shows per season at most you're definitely not over-indulging. Seems more like a case of very limited taste and running out of shows that you find acceptable.
>>
Get on my level. I haven't followed any new show for 2 years.
>>
>>135493474
Bad post tbhonest
>>
>>135494765

I guess it's so then ;__;.
>>
>>135495501
>10 shows per season at most you're definitely not over-indulging

You wot.
>>
>>135495864
10 shows = 4 hours a week
That's not even close to over-indulgence.
>>
>>135495864
10 shows per season is barely enough to stay current with /a/'s flavor of the month picks. 20 per season is more typical of an /a/ enthusiast, that's about what I averaged every season in college (not counting older shows from my backlog, counting those it was well over 30).

Lots of /a/nons watch whatever is most popular or controversial here, then on top of those picks they watch whatever else interests them. So getting up to 20 shows per season is rather easy even without throwing backlogs into the mix. Watching only 10 shows per season means you probably only watch the most popular stuff if you post here regularly.
>>
Over 1000 series and watching ~30 series every season. You people just don't like the medium. And don't pull the reddit shit to actually tell me you have more refined taste or some retarded bullshit like that. I actually just understand that a show can be enjoyable without being some sort of pseudo-philosophical masterpiece. 5 and 6 from 10 is still a positive score, not the bottom of the scoring system.
You shouldn't even score your anime, you god damn fucking plebs.
>>
>>135491383
I didn't watch anything this season and for winter it's max 3 shows as well. It's a time
I just can't get into Highschool battle shounen with magic or mechs anymore.

Reading a shitton of mangas tho.
>>
>>135496398
>You shouldn't even score your anime,
This. Scoring is for fags.
>>
>>135496616
>I just can't get into Highschool battle shounen with magic or mechs anymore.
Well lucky for you 80% of the anime this season are neither of those things. But you'll still never watch them.
>>
>>135496616
>Mangas
>>
>>135496208
>>135496243

There's maybe 1 or 2 shows a season that are even remotely interesting. Others are always just some generic rehashes or manga adaptions that look horrible and I just rather keep the manga in mind.

Watching 10 shows would drive me crazy.
Then again I'm very picky and easily drop shows that I see that are similar to shows that I've watched before.
>>
>>135496398

I always score mine 10 or 1. The only way.
>>
>>135496749
> But you'll still never watch them.

Scrolling though the new season again and you got me there. Gromgar looks okay and Boku dake ga Inai Machi has a nice winter feeling.

I will check out Macross Delta as well
>>
>>135497180
Most manga/light novel adaptions are barely translated when the anime is announced unless its incredibly popular. Are you saying you wouldn't watch hibikek because you watched K-on? Are you saying you won't watch one punch man because you already watched Dragon ball? I mean tons of shows are similar but very few are rehashes, even SAO clones are vastly different from each other.
>>
>>135497180
>still watching anime for novelty
Damn no wonder you barely watch anything. Most people who watch anime for novelty burn out on it by their mid 20s. To have a sustained interest in anime you have to move past your dependency on novelty and learn to enjoy it aesthetically, which is a fancy way of saying you watch it for the girls, for the music, for the animation, for the atmosphere, or for the general enjoyment of watching it rather than consuming a novelty. If you appreciate those aspects of anime it doesn't matter if its a rehash or adaptation or a "plotless" SoL.
>>
File: 1443488142869.jpg (156 KB, 577x684) Image search: [Google]
1443488142869.jpg
156 KB, 577x684
>>135490807
>mfw I watch anime for a year, without breaks.
>>
>>135497732

Interestingly you said only names of anime I've not watched because of reasons I stated. I just can't stand shit that in my mind I've already experienced. Maybe I have some problems with dopamine or something.

Also just to clafiry DB didn't air where I live when I was kid so never knew about it until I was teen and started to watch shit like Yu Yu hakusho.

>>135498114

Shiit, I'm almost thirty and that kind of fits the bill. I don't think my tastes have significantly changed though. I do think it maybe has something to do with a rush of experiencing new things like first time enjoying a trap in a show was exhilarating. Dopamine as in.
>>
You haven't missed anything OP. Nothing from the last few years has been noteworthy. Just generic stuff with their own twists to keep people vaguely interested.
>>
>>135491383
Anime is getting worse and also you are losing interest in anime because you are learning that its just the same shit over and over again every season with a handful of exceptions. The gimmick is wearing off.

That's good anon, it means you don't have autism
>>
File: 13284762157364.jpg (191 KB, 699x720) Image search: [Google]
13284762157364.jpg
191 KB, 699x720
>>135496398

>complains about scoring anime
>keeps track of how many he has watched total
>>
>>135491383
It doesn't matter if a show is shit as long as you have fun with it.
>>
>watching anime
I don't think I've fully watched an anime episode in a long time. I'll just skip through most episodes I watch. If I find myself skipping a lot I drop the series.

It's a bad habit of mine but anime has gotten really stale for me lately
>>
Once Monogatari finishes watching anything airing will probably be a rarity.

I'm 26 and I realized I only even care about anime anymore for fapping.
>>
File: 1451189189052.gif (983 KB, 357x389) Image search: [Google]
1451189189052.gif
983 KB, 357x389
>Haven't watched anime religiously since I was 19
>Fell into depression and mental problems
>Started playing video games instead
>Start to go to /v/
>Get a lot fucking worse
>Spend there for a couple years
>Say fuck video games and start lurking /a/ again and try watching some anime

The difference between /a/ and /v/ is amazing, you guys actually enjoy things
>>
File: hibiki huh (2).jpg (83 KB, 480x648) Image search: [Google]
hibiki huh (2).jpg
83 KB, 480x648
>>135498114
I'm watching anime for around 15 years now. After hundreds of shows I really don't want to keep up with everything just for the sake of it. It would drive me nuts to watch 20 or even 10 shows.

TLR for example. It's fun stupid ecchi, I enjoy reading the manga and I watched most of the show back then but I just can't get myself to download and watch Darkness 2nd.

/blogshit
>>
>>135498694
You missed the point, those shows while similar in appearance are completely different from each other. By overlooking them by saying "Its probably the same as that other show because its in a school" you are disregarding every other aspect of the show.

Art, animation, sound and characters can take two stories with almost the same story and make them vastly different from each other.
>>
>Watching anime as it airs
>Not waiting for it to be finished and marathon it all in go

Some of y'all missing out
>>
>>135498694
The problem is you judge anime superficially based on novelty, and because your tastes have remained the same apparently it also means you never branched out and tried other genres. So considering that it's surprising you even lasted as long as you did.
>>
>>135499043
Yes, because I can't possible at any time think of the name of every single anime I have ever seen, so it is actually good to have a list of them when I am trying to remember the name of something. I am very sorry you have barely seen anything, so you can't experience this.
>>
>>135499442
I used to watch a lot of shows solely to participate in threads on /a/, but these days I drop those flavor of the month picks if they bore me. I still do like talking with /a/nons though so I make sure to keep up to date on a couple popular shows at least. I've just stopped trying to stay hip with EVERY flavor of the month show like I used to. This season I only watched 12 new series.
>>
>>135499488
>Art, animation, sound and characters can take two stories with almost the same story and make them vastly different from each other.

Too bad that rarely happens, 90% of the time it will just be generic slice of life. It's not worth the effort of watching in hopes of an interesting scene here and there.

>>135499684

If you can't remember the name either your moon is bad or the show wasn't interesting enough to remember, and probably not even wroth watching in the first place.
>>
>>135499488

I do watch couple of episodes of the most interesting shows though. I've found good ones by doing that like Minami-ke.

>>135499594

I like all genres pretty much. Anime just relying on fanservice gets pass more easily these days is pretty much the only change. I blame my old age on that, rather read some pure hentai.

But enough of this shit, not my blog and all that.
>>
>>135499800
You're still in the mindset of novelty = interesting. People don't watch SoL for novelty. Slamming a SoL show for not having "interesting" scenes is like criticizing a salad for not being a steak.
>>
How do you people even find 10+ shows per season interesting in the first place? At most I end up watching like 6 shows a season
>>
>>135499800
>If you have watched thousands of shows in the span of long years, you have to be able to think of the name of every single one at any time, because I the redditor with 100 shows said so!
>>
>>135499961
Because you only pick up popular flavor of the month shit and don't even bother watching most of the shows out there.
>>
>>135499952

There are lot of interesting SOLs mate.
>>
>>135499961
>original
Give a chance.
>Genre I like
Watch
>Shit that is popular on /a/
Give a chance
You get at least 10 anime with that.
>>
>>135499072
I kinda feel it does. I mean like, if I saw a baby having fun, playing with shit I'd want to give it an actual toy, y'know?
>>
>>135500133
That's not why people watch them though. Do you even read the things I'm saying? I'm trying to tell you that novelty is not the only way to be interested in anime. You watch anime to consume novelty, but people with a serious interest in it do not.
>>
>>135500024
I pick the shows I'm interested in
>>
>>135490807
didnt get to watch anime for about half-year until a couple of weeks ago. then suddenly i found myself back on /a/. felt good.
>>
>>135499952

Not really, I have nothing against Slice of Life, I enjoy me a good one every now and then, but as I said 90% of the time it's the same concept, with mostly the same events, and mostly the same character archetypes. It's mostly the same shit. I don't care if the love interested is a dere child hood friend, or some weird enigmatic alien, they end up doing all the same shit anyways.
>>
>>135500224
Then you wouldn't be on /a/, since /a/ mostly only talks about the most popular/controversial flavor of the month shows. If your picks aren't influenced by that then you'd find very little reason to be here unless you were one of those general thread cancer posters.
>>
>>135500222

>serious interest
>SoL

People watch SoL to turn off their brain, and to get into waifu wars on /a/.
>>
>>135490807
Cause anime sucks, you're not missing much not watching those nips cartoon.
>>
>>135500284
>but as I said 90% of the time it's the same concept, with mostly the same events, and mostly the same character archetypes
It's like everything I tell you goes in one ear and out the other. The fact you hold these things against SoL shows you're not understanding the point I've been talking about.
>>
>>135500222

What I'm saying is that there are enough to watch them for that. Otherwise it would be experience not akin to a watching paint dry.
>>
>>135500387
I'm talking about anime in general, not just SoL. The kind of people who can keep watching anime all their lives watch it for reasons besides simple novelty. SoL is a good example to use for this because people who crave novelty often can't get into it.
>>
>>135495685
Get on my level. I've never watched an anime.
>>
Is everyone just ignoring that OP's just making a joke because it's probably the new year in his timezone?
>>
>>135500325
You do know there are shows inbetween "no one is watching this" and "constant shitposting general on /a/" right? If you let an anonymous cambodian flip book board influence your tastes in anime besides seeing a thread and maybe going "hey that looks interesting" you've got issues.

And on top of that I'm sure we all have backlogs to get through too.
>>
>>135500387
People who watch Slice of life have likely broadened the scope of anime they like to include many different genres. Almost nobody gets into anime by watching slice of life. If someone gets to the point where there AOTS is slice of life, they likely have grown to love most anime, even the shit ones.
>>
>>135500698
I am actually legit too high to think of that. But I guess you are right.
>>
>>135500566

What do you mean by serious interest exactly? More interested in the finer points of animation, production, writing, voice acting, story, setting, and other such things? Because none of that makes good discussion on /a/. /a/ is mostly waifu shit, "board culture", making fun of bad shows, the occasional circle jerk of an actual good show with no real discussion in it, and pretty pictures.

I don't even know where someone with a "Serious interest" in anime would even go to talk to other people about it.
>>
Where to talk about anime like /a/ but with less plebian tastes?
>>
>>135499717
>participate in threads on /a/
>Wanting to be part of those shitty threads full of shitposting
>>
>>135499961
People who watch anime obsessively treat it like completionists in video games. If one day there were achievements for watching anime everybody would be watching tons of shit shows they don't even want to watch just so they can add it to their virtual record. They have a subconscious need to be ahead of the next guy, especially when everyone here shouts "you've only watched 20 shows!" like it's the worst thing you could be.
>>
MAL.
>>
>>135498399
That room looks comfy as fuck.
>>
>>135500904
/a/, when the anime that you want to talk about airs.
>>
File: 84162011568.jpg (55 KB, 575x323) Image search: [Google]
84162011568.jpg
55 KB, 575x323
>>135500413
Yup, anime always sucked, only people who watch it are autist and NEETS, you won't ever find a Chad watching anime.
>>
>>135501313

So they're teenagers?
>>
>>135501313
>If one day there were achievements for watching anime

There are sites that do this. Malgraph and I think anidb has an achievement system.
>>
>>135500698
Too busy shitting on other anon's anime watching habits.
>>
i finally got back into watching a shit load

minimum 35 shows a season the last ~5 again
>>
>>135501408

It never ends then.
>>
I don't know how you can keep track of 35 shows concurrently.
>>
>>135501466

Jesus christ.
>>
>>135501442
You haven't realized that most of /a/ are teenagers 15-19?
>>
>>135501968
taiga/the anime tracker that anon wrote

counting backlog shows i probably watch 50+ a season
>>
I need to watch as many anime as I can since /a/ says you need to see 500 series or some bullshit in order to properly post here.
I've learned the quickest way to get the number up is make sure you watch all the shorts in a season on top of whatever else you're watching. OVAs help too, but so many are continuations of series now, so they don't really help.
>>
>>135500904
Sans and fufu.
>>
>>135502019
Not like it really means anything
I've never understood all the people obsessed with achievements in games, nevermind fucking anime
>>
>>135502103
Sama*
>>
I don't believe you. But I haven't seen any shows this season except a few episodes of OPM.
>>
>>135502120
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overjustification_effect
>>
>>135502120
In some games, when you get achievements, you also get points, and then unlock some bonus contents. Those are the only types of game I consider hunting after achievements worthwhile anyway.

But for watching anime, it really doesn't make sense. It's not like you suddenly unlock some hidden bonus scene if you watch enough anime of this and that type.
>>
>>135502103
Talking requires a reply though.
Or for there to be people there in the first place to talk to.
>>
File: haruka adventure.jpg (50 KB, 476x345) Image search: [Google]
haruka adventure.jpg
50 KB, 476x345
Who manga > anime here?

> That feeling when you found an interesting/funny mango and there are already plenty of chapters translated.
>>
>>135502251
You gain new knowledge and experience.
The best is when you watch an anime and recognize that another anime you watched before was referencing it.
>>
>>135502221

Is this the reason why I stopped enjoying anime since I stopped working? No longer do I get rewarded after work when I can just watch it anytime.
>>
>>135502251
>In some games, when you get achievements, you also get points, and then unlock some bonus contents.
Which is basically the same as doing X thing to unlock Y content back in the day so that's fine

But achievements for the sake of achievements? At best they're an idea for a challenge people might not have thought of doing themselves. At worst they're blatant spoilers if you look at the achievement list before beating a game.
>>
>>135502103

I don't get it.
>>
>>135491383
Tastes are changing due to having experienced a lot of what the medium has to offer.

For example I don't watch unfinished adaptations anymore. I can't be arsed buying into what is a time investment for an advertisement.

So I watch things that are an original or finished work.

It works better than just forcing it.
>>
>>135502402
Maybe. But it's definitely how achievements ruin video games.
>>
>>135502341

>catch up on chapters
>play the eternal waiting game

True suffering.
>>
>>135502588

How do they ruin video games?
>>
>>135493474
Let me guess, you only watch anime, even shit you don't like to put them into your completed list on MAL?
>>
I've been watching less and less anime ever since I became a NEET. You'd think it'd be the opposite but I don't know what happened.
>>
>>135502785
Decreases your intrinsic motivation to play video games for the sake of them being fun without an external motivator from achievements and virtual 'good jobs'.
>>
>>135503691

Fun is fun my friend. You can usually make them hidden anyway.
>>
>>135503272

You just enjoy everything less, and thus don't seek out as many activities that require significant attention.
>>
>>135503272

Everytime I got a job for a while I watched the best anime of my life basically. There must be some correlation.
Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.