[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I WAS MADE TO HIT AN AMERICAN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: Beck5.jpg (12 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Beck5.jpg
12 KB, 400x300
I WAS MADE TO HIT AN AMERICAN
>>
I'm not American though
>>
File: Konachan.com - 622 beck.jpg (908 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
Konachan.com - 622 beck.jpg
908 KB, 1280x768
>>
Never once has a japanese band charted in america as far as i know
>>
>>135449031
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukiyaki_%28song%29
>>
>>135449031
Has any nation charted at least in the top 25 in america? Other than English speaking nations.

No meme music
>Ganamm style
>>
>>135449505
I think the germans have with that 99 balloons song
>>
>>135449569
The 80s were weird
>>
YOU OPEN UP THE DOOR WITH NEGATIVE AUORA
>>
>>135449505
This happened countless of times.
>>
>>135450822
>just gonna say shit and not back it up.

Smhtbhfam
>>
>>135450874
http://listverse.com/2014/10/12/10-great-songs-that-topped-us-charts-but-werent-performed-in-english/
>>
>>135450959
>meme music

Really?
>>
>>135451065
There is a very classical japanese pop song in the list. This was also only a cut of songs performed in something other than english. There were tons of foreign bands that topped the charts that performed in english.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIqvqykPceA
>>
full moon sway
>>
I'VE GORT EH FEERING
>>
>>135451228
Gently in the night of one find day
>>
Beck got me into anime, but it was confusing as fuck why this show was about bands and every other one i tried to watch was about wizards and shit.
>>
>>135447925
where is Chiba's right hand?
>>
>>135445910
I heard this over the radio when I was in Syria
>>
File: 1409481577329.png (290 KB, 620x330) Image search: [Google]
1409481577329.png
290 KB, 620x330
>>135445910
I liked the engrish in this series. Fuck everyone. It was endearing.
>>
>>135450959
Most of those are German anyway,
German and English are side by side historically.
They are pretty much the same language, they have the exact same sentence structure.
That's why they sound catchier and are usually pop/cult hits.

Never been a Japanese song that hit U.S. or U.K. tops.
Even songs made famous by other aspects
"Beyond The Bounds" ZOTEII
Was done in three distinct parts.
The heavily chaotic tempo was done in Japanese since it wasn't nearly as important.
The steady base line, done by Maki Kimura (already famous for other anime/video game songs) and the transition with no words.

Japanese does not go well in music unless it's up beat or punk. Much like The Pillows.
Because it sounds so abstract.
>>
>>135455964
Engrish is never endearing, only insulting, or hilarious. No different than any one else butchering another foreign language.
>>
>>135449505
the macarena. Now go away, it's past your bed time
>>
>>135456051
>You can only perceive things as I tell you or its wrong
Go fuck yourself
>>
>>135455582
Beck sparked an interest in music in me. Before that it was just sports. I had an aptitude for them from a young age and so my parents just put me into those while my older sister had more variety with music and arts on top of sports.
>>
This show is in my top ten, maybe even top five. The characters feel fleshed out in a way you don't normally see in anime. I'd put this show up against anything they put on AMC or HBO.

GOAT dub too
>>
>>135456027
There's a wiki link in this thread about Kyu and his song sukiyaki hitting #1 on the billboards in '63.

Before the beetles blew everyone out of the water.
>>
>>135456228
>get proven wrong
>sperg out
Go fuck yourself faggot.
>>
i cant count how many times i have fapped to Maho
>>
>>135456926
My brother
>>
>>135456620
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukiyaki_%28song%29
Read The Wiki dude...
The song while originally performed in Japanese.
Was translated and sung in English.
Once again there has never been a fully Japanese song, both produced in sung in Japanese on a U.S. or U.K. top 100.

There have been German, French, Italian, Spanish though.
>>
>>135457010
>The song reached the top of theBillboardHot 100charts in the United States in 1963, and remains to date the only Japanese-language song ever to have done so. In addition, it was and still is one of the few non-Indo-European languages' songs to have reached the top of the US charts.
>remains to date the only Japanese-language
>only Japanese-language
>non-Indo-European languages' songs

Next time read the wiki.
>>
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 1049x834) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 1049x834
Pour one out for my nigga Keith
>>
>>135445910
just finished the manga recently.
it was a 7/10
the antagonistic force was too simple. it would've been better if they just showed their struggles as a band in general, but instead we've got these retarded super villains that hate the main group and hold them down in the most retarded ways.
>>
>>135459464
Glad you liked it.
>>
>>135456027
>Confirmed for not listening to Japanese music
Japanese works fine in music, and Beyond the Bounds wasn't sung in fucking Japanese you retard. It's also from a fucking video game so of course it wouldn't top in the charts not everyone's an autist.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.