[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>she is the main love interest >she scores the highest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: smug lady.jpg (45 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
smug lady.jpg
45 KB, 500x281
>she is the main love interest
>she scores the highest in all subjects
>she is the most athletic person in the school, if not the city/country/planet
>she is so beautiful that literally every single person who has ever seen her has fallen in love with her, women included
>despite her seemingly superhuman background she is still selfless, humble and helpful

Why the fuck is this a thing? Who enjoys this? I've lost track of the number of female leads who are so ridiculously perfect that the character has lost all actual character and simply become a trophy that talks goddamn. Even tsunderes and kuuderes are better than that nonsense.
>>
>>135438513
Pic unrelated, I assume?
>>
Haruhi is more of a plot device.
>>
>>135438513
>she is still selfless, humble and helpful
>picture of haruhi
Did you pay attention at all?
>>
>>135438722

Not for endless 8. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>135438923
>>135438722
>>135438574
Okay I fucked up, I just picked the first ridiculously OP girl that came to my mind. My point still stands, this happens a lot and I don't understand who finds these perfect characters interesting at all. I guess Medaka would be a better example if she wasn't a complete overblown parody of the perfect main girl trope.
>>
>>135439138
Medic Box was awful, and I don't give a shit how parodic any of it was, it was just awful. Medaka herself's issue wasn't just that she was perfect, it was that she was perfect and also her entire personality was being boring and obnoxious as fuck.

Most of the "perfect girls" are either not main girl (they get pushed out by the transfer student), or the whole gimmick is that they aren't actually super selfless and humble and all and have a bit more of a personality than that, and they have some bizarre shit going on that MC has to deal with.
>>
File: 1314037515811.jpg (55 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1314037515811.jpg
55 KB, 640x480
>>135439032
Over a decade and that shit still pisses me off
>>
>muh anime lacks realism
>>
>MC is about to lose the battle against Evil Dude
>"No... I cannot fail... [insert character(s) here] need me/trust me!"
>Power up

Or basically everything that becomes a power up for it's own sake, especially when it's friendship related. Also, this:

>Villain has the MC on a silver platter
>One hit, and the MC would be off
>WHO CARES, I NEED TO GIVE A DISCOURSE RIGHT NOW BECAUSE WHAT COULD GO WRONG?
>Which usually leads to the start of the post

And finally, the fanservice when it gets obnoxious. Some fanservice is great, and I fapped many times to it, but in some animes it gets out of hand and becomes annoying. If you want to put so much, make it an ecchi anime, but don't keep it so borderline for god's sake. I want a story, if I want to get sick and tired of ero I just browse the Internet.
>>
>>135438513
Anon, I'm concerned that you might not have realized that anime is shit yet.
>>
>>135438574
pic sort of related since haruhi is 4 out of 5 >>135438513
>>
>>135438513
Shooting 4/5.
Admittedly she becomes almost uncomfortably near 5/5 later one when she isn't a massive cunt, but by then you've enjoyed seeing her character growth you forget about all the other points.
>>
>>135439335
Endless Eight was a masterpiece though.
>>
>selfless, humble and helpful
Only when it really matters. When the issue at hand seems even a little unimportant, she is selfish, loud, and disrespectful to the people bending over backwards to help her.

Also, she's a literal god, or at least major anomaly. The entire series is BUILT around the premise of her being kind of a mary sue.

Also, she's only the main love interest because knowing it or not, she's holding a gun to the head of the entire world, ready to pull the trigger if Kyon even indicates mild attraction to his actual love interests.
>>
>>135438513
I can't remember the last time I've seen a character like that. These days they always have some massive glaring flaw like "she's secretly an unlikeable cunt!" or "she's an otaku!"
>>
I'm far more amenable to main characters being stupidly overpowered than the alternative: Main characters being stupidly directionless and simple.
>>
I hate Mary Sues and I also hate spineless beta MCs.
This industry lacks middlle-grounders.
>>
>>135442617
Yeah, the "perfect girl" shit usually boils down to her being popular, and then all the rest is so in the background that it doesn't matter. Who honestly gets bored of a character because you're told they're good at sports twice over the course of the show? It's not significant.
>>
File: 1386890483396.jpg (125 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
1386890483396.jpg
125 KB, 533x800
You made this thread a month ago

She's almost a Mary Sue but she's socially retarded until Kyon comes along and "helps" her out with it.
>>
>>135443673
I don't know about that. 2 seasons in and she's stil socially retarded.
>>
>>135443856

Yeah it took quite a while in the books too. Also you gotta keep in mind that "season 2" actually fits in between season 1 episodes. This kinda fucked up the character development when S2 first got released.
>>
File: 1438564162217.png (111 KB, 333x325) Image search: [Google]
1438564162217.png
111 KB, 333x325
>>135438513
>Who enjoys this?
I do. Come at me fuckboi.
>>
>haruhi
>universally loved
>selfless, humble and helpful

oi i am laffin
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.