[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Subete ga F
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
Just catching up with this show now that the season is finally over, and I must say it's better than I gave it credit for. At first I thought the obnoxiously dull and pretentious dialogue was just the writer being bigheaded, but it's getting more and more clear as I go that it's supposed to come off that way and the professor is just a putz.

Also I noticed these configurations from the Game of Life in the ED and I thought that was pretty clever.
>>
File: smug ni naru.jpg (21 KB, 370x307) Image search: [Google]
smug ni naru.jpg
21 KB, 370x307
Best show of the season for me, the show is way more clever than it appears but you need to really think about it and not take everything at face value to see it.
Plenty got fooled into thinking it was pretentious with Saikawa's pseudo philosophy in ep 1.
>>
I liked it because murder mystery anime are pretty much non-existent.
>>
Really fun anime. I enjoyed it.
>>
>>135432960
I'm just prone to not approach anime writing generously because it tends to warrant it. All that garbage in the first episode seems a lot better now that I know it's a character that's full of shit talking pompously about things he doesn't really understand and not an author doing much the same.

Something tells me that in a medium inundated with mediocre authors using characters as a mouthpiece to spout half-baked pseudo-philosophical bullshit, starting your story with an ironic espousal of half-baked pseudo-intellectual bullshit isn't the best idea.

Still, it's been a fun little mystery so far and I sincerely hope Velma puts the professor in his place before the end.
>>
File: smug shiki.png (154 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
smug shiki.png
154 KB, 400x400
>>135433162
>I'm just prone to not approach anime writing generously

Original material is a novel (not light novel), of course they could have dumbed it down instead of keeping it challenging/rewarding, the live action drama adaptation is kinda guilty of that.
>>
Yeah, the beginning was a bit dull but it picked up after episode 2 for me. This is the guy that made the ED. http://baku89.com/work/ffff . Cool shit.
>>
>>135433312
It's a shame I can't read japanese because, knowing that, I think this would have been a story I would've enjoyed more as a novel than as animation.
>>
File: subete character_bg.png (477 KB, 1500x707) Image search: [Google]
subete character_bg.png
477 KB, 1500x707
>>135433384
The anime offers plenty of benefits, Asano character designs, top tier OP/ED, nice OST, great visuals and direction.
Also it paints a more complete picture of Magata with flashbacks that are from the "Four seasons" novels about her.
>>
>>135433559
Oh the flashbacks are from a different book?
I definitely felt like they were adding a lot to the story, especially in the episode I just finished, where they revealed that the (evidently) deceased director of the lab was the uncle from the flashbacks. After that bit of dialogue about wanting to disappear to some remote island things just started clicking together.

I actually love the way the flashbacks are mixed in with the progressing story, watching everything slowly unfold is really quite exciting. I haven't enjoyed a good mystery like this in a while.
>>
File: Subete ga F ni Naru - 03 - 33.jpg (126 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Subete ga F ni Naru - 03 - 33.jpg
126 KB, 1280x720
>>135433666
The flashbacks are wonderful, each one is either disturbing, shocking or full of meaning. Almost always a highlight of the episode.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.