[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've beeen reading Berserk for years and last week I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (627 KB, 1416x1416) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
627 KB, 1416x1416
So I've beeen reading Berserk for years and last week I decided to watch the Berserk anime from 1997. I've been thinking of seeing it for quite a while now but I just never got down to do it, I saw the movies when they came out and they sucked. I was actually surprised that the 1997 anime was so good, it's age obviously shows but I still enjoyed it alot, the music especially. What this all comes down to is this:
I still don't understand what Griffith did wrong, he did absolutley nothing wrong in my opinion, could any of you guys enlighten me? Thank you.
>>
You're at least a century too late with that bait.
>>
>>135428670
At least the movies explained how Guts escaped the eclipse. Worst thing the anime didn't do.

Also fuck you I can't believe I'm falling for this bait again.

"For what profit is it to a man if he gains the world and losses his own soul?"

He's not even Griffith anymore. He never attained his dream his sacrifices were nothing more than to allow Fento to be born if it wasn't him it would have been someone else. They were demons not gods there's no reason to believe that Griffith was the "chosen one" and that they simply choose him because they knew he would fall and end up performing the sacrifice. Griffith acted out of pure arrogance and desperation. Guts would have been a much more worthy candidate with his raw power and influence even without the egg of the king while Griffith had to rely on it and even then managed to fuck everything up because of how devastated he was from Guts departure and his utter defeat by him.

His role was to poses the egg of the king and birth Fento from the deaths of all his lost soldiers.

I guarantee you Guts will kill Fento proving my point even more that Griffith wasn't the true king.
>>
File: 1363125581672.jpg (2 MB, 2518x2647) Image search: [Google]
1363125581672.jpg
2 MB, 2518x2647
>>135430253
>At least the movies explained how Guts escaped the eclipse. Worst thing the anime didn't do.
It was manga commercial with budget on par Naruto fillers.

What they did with it was still great achievement considering it had some atmosphere from manga which that shitty movie trilogy didn't have.

Also pretty still frames > horrendous CGI shit in 14fps
>>
>>135430563
I'm not saying the movies were better but the show kinda missed some easy opportunities it could have at least tried a little harder WITH IMPORTANT PLOT DETAILS
>>
the anime artstyle is great.

better than the garbage we got in the movies
>>
>>135430563
this
i found that the anime had the atmosphere down perfectly, - and that the quality of it due the the time it was made and equipment used - added to the atmosphere even more
>>
The Golden Age Arc isn't even the best part about Berserk, but yes, the anime is great.
>>
>>135430666
It was suppose to get people into manga, they never aimed to make faithful adaptation giving answers.

Plus it was made as tv series so they need to censor lots of it, like most important thing where Guts was raped.
>>
>>135432315
It was kinda obvious none the less how he kept rambling about not wanting to be touched in the beginning of the show.
>>
File: 1451143367738.jpg (151 KB, 723x1100) Image search: [Google]
1451143367738.jpg
151 KB, 723x1100
When does guts become the berserk?
>>
>>135433213
now i am become the berserk TM
>>
>>135433213
I really should read the manga but I know it's not finished so I don't want cliffhangers all the time.

And now it seems the manga is back on hiatus so fuck man.... being a berserk fan is true suffering.
>>
>>135430253
His choice was between sacrificing his friends that were all willing to die for his dream already, they had willingly gone into dangerous battles for his dream. If he had rejected the God Hand all the people who had died for his dream(like the little boy) would have died for nothing. I do agree with you that he's probably not entirely the Griffith we all knew anymore, but parts of him still exist. Raping Casca, a girl that have been with you through thick or thin and loves you infront of her lover and best friend is a bit too much.
>>
>>135433681
*thick and thin obviously.
>>
>>135428670
This post is bait but I agree that the music by Susumu Hirasawa is amazing. I know most people love Forces but I think the song called Guts is the best one.
>>
It doesn't have Wyald so it's shit
>>
>>135432398
Did they at least imply rape? Like have a shot of the outside of his tent and we see a large black man enter kinda thing?
>>
>>135428670
One of the worst things the anime did was making Adon a reocurring character. He was shit to begin with, and yet you had to give him even more screen time?

Either way - Griffith did just about everything wrong. Lost his composure because Guts decided to leave. Fucked the princess way too early, which only ended up getting him caught. Sacrificed hundreds of his loyal comrades. not that I wouldn't in exchange for godlike powers, but it doesn't change the fact that it was simply evil . Merged the worlds thus making mythical creatures roam the lands, making them inhospitable for people. Gathered people in this one safe place - his capital most likely to sacrifice them or something i don't know, I'm not Miura.
Also he is a raging faggot
>>
>>135434169
No. It was just the way he spoke, that's how I gathered it anyway.
>>
>>135430253
>He's not even Griffith anymore.
u fookin wot mate.
>>
File: 1342824557003.jpg (27 KB, 212x250) Image search: [Google]
1342824557003.jpg
27 KB, 212x250
>mfw the new anime looks like shit AGAIN
It's impossible to make a good Berserk anime, isn't it?
>>
>>135434253
He also raped Casca just to spite Guts, cursing their unborn child in the process, still waiting for Falconia to turn into an even worse case scenario than Albion
>>
>>135432057
>>135430563
The director of the TV series at least understood what Berserk's manga was and worked towards that end.
The movies treated the source as an excuse to string together a bunch of horribly CGI'd action sequences with as little story and character development in between as possible to get to more bad action.
>>
>>135436477
I think it's pretty much impossible to make movies out of Berserk since you have to skip so fucking much, it's kinda like Game of Thrones, you have to make a tv series or anime or it doesn't work. The original anime suffered from a low budget but it was pretty amazing what they did with it, everything from overall tone to music was excellent, I also enjoyed the japanese voice actors alot. One of the things that annoy me with the movies is that the characters look like shit. Guts was based on Rutger Hauer for fuck sake but he looks like some spic in the new movie, Casca looks like crap aswell. The CGI in the battle scenes is atrocious and makes it look like some early 00s video game. I would take the beautiful still images any day of the week instead of that fucking CGI.
>>
>>135433476
>being a berserk fan
>has not even read the manga
>>
File: BERSERK_186.jpg (146 KB, 752x1080) Image search: [Google]
BERSERK_186.jpg
146 KB, 752x1080
>>135437692
>I think it's pretty much impossible to make movies out of Berserk since you have to skip so fucking much,
It's not impossible, but it will never happen. Battles simply cost too much money which is why you see so many pussy fight scenes in Hollywood. Something like Berserk has fight scenes every fucking volume, there's just too much stuff going on. Imagine how much time it would take just to animate Guts versus Rosine fight.
>>
>>135438529
I'm not talking about the fucking fights, the movies had plenty of fights and it would still suck even if they were animated properly since they would still have to skip so much story content, you really don't get any reason to care about anyone in the band of the hawk except Griffith, Casca and Guts since they skip almost everything with them in favor of fights. The anime did this right. Even if an potential movie had amazing animations and a huge budget they would still have to skip most story stuff, an anime is the better format for a series like Berserk.
>>
>>135438873
Yeah, but that's what I meant. It costs too much money. It never happens anywhere.
>>
>>135439083
The 1997 anime did this pretty well with a really low budget, they did skip some important story event like how the hell Guts and Casca survived the eclipse, but they did really well with the band of the hawk and made you care about the characters.
>>
>>135438873
>muh original content
It's a movie faggot,it has to condense the plot like every fucking movie based on every other medium because of limited screentime.
>>
>>135439419
That's exactly what I'm saying and that's also why I'm saying that Berserk shouldn't be made into a movie(or several movies) since it's the wrong format. How about you atleast attempt to read the posts you are replying to in the future.
>>
>>135428670
Your buildup was superb, but the bait was weak. You'll have a complete bait game if you work on it, though
>>
>>135433476
If you want a good series read the manga or deal with it.
>>
>>135438529
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhh

I've never wanted something so badly.

Even if it is shitty CGI, I want Rosine to show up in the new adaption.
>>
File: 1293824208089.jpg (101 KB, 747x455) Image search: [Google]
1293824208089.jpg
101 KB, 747x455
>>135430253
>He's not even Griffith anymore.
>there's no reason to believe that Griffith was the "chosen one"
THOSE ARE FIGHTING WORDS ANON
>>
>>135430253
>He's not even Griffith anymore
He might have changed his name to Femto but he's still Griffith with the same desires and ambitions.
>>
I really loved the old berserk anime. Its one of my favourite anime out there!
>>
>>135439658
Anything but the manga or writing is the wrong format, it just doesn't do the manga justice.
>>
>>135430253
>He's not even Griffith anymore
Did you miss how the entire point of the Count, Rosine, and the Kushan emperor's backstory was that they were still who they were before making the deal, even with being apostles?

And shit, with the count he even rejected the deal in the end, and if you take what void says when it happens (The thread of fate has been severed), no matter how much horseshit has been set up or thrown their way, it's still ultimately their choice to become apostles/Godhand.
>>
File: 1436822195379.jpg (53 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1436822195379.jpg
53 KB, 604x604
>>135428670

berserk animes voice acting and music are 10/10 thats about it though

>my face when I want the box of war but don't want to spend over $300

lets hope the new blu ray of it all is badass
>>
File: Rosine Stitch.jpg (586 KB, 1426x2316) Image search: [Google]
Rosine Stitch.jpg
586 KB, 1426x2316
>>135444139
I bought the Box of War for 70 bucks literally a week before the remastered edition was announced at half the price.
No point in getting any of the DVDs now when you can download the BDs.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.