[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
found ghost tears and ghost whispers on netflix. never heard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: GITSARISE.jpg (49 KB, 360x450) Image search: [Google]
GITSARISE.jpg
49 KB, 360x450
found ghost tears and ghost whispers on netflix. never heard of the series before. should i watch the two films or go torrent the tv show first?
>>
Don't watch this trash. Watch the original and SAC. Fuck Arise.
>>
>>135415136
name of the original and sac so i can find it, please?
>>
>>135415182
Kill yourself.
>>
>>135415182
Film:
Ghost in the Shell (1995)

TV Series:
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
>>
>>135415244
which should i watch first, the 95' or the series?
>>
>>135415244
Don't spoonfeed retards.
>>
>>135415263
The film then the series. Don't watch anything GitS related after that.
>>
>>135415263
Batou going apeshit over his missing dog
>>
>>135415287
many tanks anon.
>>
>>135415322
The Tachikomas were the best part of SAC imo. They wax philosophy while behaving like children, and the philosphy is really the underlying core of what makes GitS so good.
>>
Arise was great.

The only complaint I ever see is "not muh Major" It's a valid complaint, but only cosmetically

>>135415322
Disregard >>135415287 Do watch Arise, but in this order:
4-Ghost Stands Alone (OVA)
1-Ghost Pain (OVA)
2-Ghost Whispers (OVA)
3-Ghost Tears (OVA)
Then the 5th part which aired as part of Alternative Architecture, Pyrophoric Cult
Finally watch The New Movie

You really should watch the original film first though. Also as others have said, watch SAC and SAC 2nd Gig before going onto Innocence or Arise.

Under no circumstances should you watch Solid State Society

Furthermore, don't bring up GitS on /a/ anymore, try /m/
>>
File: o996798.jpg (316 KB, 3000x1670) Image search: [Google]
o996798.jpg
316 KB, 3000x1670
>>135415106

I really enjoyed the Arise OVA's. But yes, begin with the original film, and then the S.A.C. series.

Followed by the S.A.C. film Solid State Society.

And then Arise if you're really feeling it.
>>
>>135415106

There are four different continuities to Ghost in the Shell. They share similar characters and concepts but are different in terms of plot and storyline.

The movies: Ghost in the Shell, Ghost in the Shell: Innocence

The TV series: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, SAC: 2nd Gig, SAC: Solid State Society

The manga (the original comic on which everything else is based): Ghost in the Shell, Ghost in the Shell 1.5: Human-Error Processor, Ghost in the Shell 2: Man-Machine Interface.

The OVAs: Ghost in the Shell: Arise Borders 1-4, Arise: Pyrophoric Cult, Arise: The New Movie.
>>
SAC: Complex Episodes > Arise > GitS '95 > 2nd Gig > Innocence > SAC: Stand-Alone Episodes > dogshit > SSS
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.