[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how hard is it to draw vehicles?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 21197-NaVmXxO0zgor.jpg (73 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
21197-NaVmXxO0zgor.jpg
73 KB, 225x350
Next spring Bakuon!!(an anime with cute girls who ride bikes because, driving) comes out and it looks like the bikes are going to be CG. Initial D had CG. Wagon midnight did aswell. The only anime with cars that are not CG I can think of is EX,Driver. So why are cars so hard to draw?
>>
Usually, mecha shows have mecha-specific art directors. It requires special effort. I don't know why, but even Jojo SC had it.
>>
>>135414996
Cars, tanks, motorbikes are really fucking hard to draw
>>
>>135414996

drawing them isn't the hard part, it's animating them.
>>
File: bike1.jpg (215 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bike1.jpg
215 KB, 1280x720
>>135414996
This is not CG.
>>
>>135414996
>bikes are going to be CG
source faggot. All the big companies are financing the manga. Can't see them being satisfied with shitty anime adaptation.
>>
>>135416160
The water and smoke is, I would said the suspensors too.
>>
>>135416160
Cars in Initial D also tended to be drawn when parked.
>>
>>135414996
They typically do so the can have lots of details as well as have cars that don't morph as the move with horrid QUALITY issues.
>>
CG is just a cost and time saving measure most of the time. Hand drawn vehicles of animu of yore looked perfectly fine (provided they actually gave some effort).
>>
A lot of people aren't trained to draw vehicles well; it's a different talent than drawing animu people. Usually teams have to be specially assembled to work on vehicle scenes and so if whatever bumfuck studio making Bakuon doesn't have them or access to them (for example those people are all busy drawing shit for Sunrise or other studios) they phone in CG ones instead.

Given that there are a lot of pre-made models out there for all kinds of cars and shit up for grabs it's easy for them to just grab one of those and tweak it to make it unique to the show. Failing that the CG studios also have people who can model custom stuff.
>>
>>135417619
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpkHkQ2Q_Xo

Too bad we'll never see this kind of effort again.
>>
>>135414996
This is yurishit, isn't it?
>>
>>135414996
IGPX also had hand drawn vehicles, they were futuristic racing cars but still count. Back when Sunrise was good.
>>
>>135417924
No; just cute girls riding bikes.
>>
>>135417993
It's all girl though, right? Those shows are always swarming with yurifags.
>>
>>135417924
Yes, now fuck off.
>>
>>135418020
Well, there is an old butler, but otherwise, yes.
>>
>>135418020
Not really, it's just mugino shitting up everyone's day as usual.
>>
>>135414996
Post first stage CGI in initial D is actually looks good; miles above the shit that is Girls Und Panzer
Also, the new Initial D legend movies have hand drawn cars
>>
I suggest you check out the Bar Bari Densetsu OVAs, it's by the same guy behind Initial D and all the bike racing is hand drawn
Also, check out the new Initial D legend movies
>>
>>135414996
morons should not be allowed to post
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.