[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How The Hell?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: Bullshit.png (149 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Bullshit.png
149 KB, 400x300
So little Yugi who barely dueled in the entire series can take on the king of game and beat him? Can I get an ass pull?
>>
>>135384516
Yugi spent years in the same head as Atem. He knew how his brain worked and how to counter his overall strategies. The Will of the Pharoah wasn't THAT great since in the game, it essentially just gave Atem the power to pull any card from his deck next and Yugi built his shit around fucking over Atem's deck. Atem underestimated Yugi as a duellist and didn't realise that he was still better than Joey despite Joey being 2nd and 3rd place in every WORLD class tournament and beat people like Bandit Keith and even legitimately beat Marik if he hadn't bitched out and fell on his face.

Kaiba won through money and resources,
Joey won through ballsy moves and unpredictability.
Marik and Pegasus won through mind fuckery.
Atem won through straight up reality manipulation.

Yugi was just THAT good at the game but couldnt hack it in Shadow Games. His lack of games just weighed in his favour since noone knew how good he was and what shit he did. He was literally the joker card of the group and the only implication of him being good at the game was that Joey never beat him which says pretty much everything.
>>
>>135384516
Yugi knew Atem better than anyone. Yugi was literally inside his head during (almost) every duel he was in, learning his strategies.

Now how Jounouchi beat him, beats me.
>>
>>135384773

Yea atem could pull any card he wanted and yugi captilized on this flaw. It made him too predictable and yugi already knew his strats.
>>
>>135384775
>Now how Jounouchi beat him, beats me.

What?
>>
>>135384875
After Duelist City, Joey beat Atem to get his Red Eyes back
>>
>>135384875
Since Jounouchi is in possession of the Red-Eyes down the road (although only in the anime-only arcs iirc) and said himself that he wants to win that card back, logic would demand that he either went back on that or had the edge against Yugi in one game.
>>
>>135384903

We don't know the results. Yugi might have just gave it back even if he won since he's a pussy
>>
>>135384775
>>135384773
Jonouchi just was lucky as fuck,beating Marik isn't much of a feat since Marik is a really shitty duelist that almost got beat by Mai too. Yugi either underestimated him or let him win because of friendship.
>>
Unrelated question but if Joe beat Marik, where would he rank? 3rd in the world?
>>
>>135385023

Prob always felt like he should have had ra
>>
>>135385023

He was 3rd. They said so in GX.

Yugi
Kaiba
Joey
Aster
Jesse Anderson.

Those are the world top 5.

Joey was a legit good duelist in the series. He was just in bad situations half the time and against better duelists the rest of the time. Joey pretty much had to force ballsy moves to make up for his lack of rare cards since he was pretty much relegated to using shitty monsters for the most part and his best shit was still worse than Summoned Skull.
>>
>>135385023
According to Pegasus in GX, he is third.
>>
>>135384929
joey didn't want the card back until he could beat atem and take it back.
>>
>>135385088
Jonouchi had fucking Jinzo
>>
>>135385119
so? that'll do a fat lot of good against any boss monster ever.
>>
>>135385088
Pegasus didn't rank himself?
>>
>>135384516
Atem already wanted to die at that point, he meant to lose on purpose from the beginning.
>>
File: Kek.png (335 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Kek.png
335 KB, 640x480
For a guy who can ass pull cards at the right time, he sure lost like a bitch to little Yugi. Remember the infamous Fiend Sanctuary draw that saved him or my favourite is when he picked up a card that has such strict specifications. I mean look at this shit.

"
[hide]
English
Pay 2000 Life Points and Tribute 1 Warrior-Type monster; banish up to 3 "Legendary Dragon" Spell Cards with different names from your hand and/or Graveyard, and if you do, Special Summon that many "Legendary Knight" monsters with different names from your hand, Deck, and/or Graveyard. You can only activate 1 "Legend of Heart" per turn."

FOH Atem losing to Yugi was is fucking stupid when he can literally create "miracles" as Kaiba said.
>>
>>135385198
He couldn't move on to the afterlife if he threw the game.
>>
>>135385110
Who said he beat Atem in a YGO card game? Atem could have just offered a jan-ken-pon until Joey win and gave him the card back.
>>
>>135385149
pegasus was kind of a shitty duelist without the millenium eye, only ever managing a win against crowler and bonaparte.

>>135385266
well, ignoring that the screen pans away to them beginning their duel, the entire reason joey didn't want to let yugi give the card back was because he wanted to prove to himself that he deserved to stand beside yugi as an equal.
>>
>>135385141
That anon said that Jonouchi was forced to use only shitty cards. He had Jinzo and Black dragon,which are only 100 points behind Yugi's aces Summoned skull and Magician.
>>
>>135385266
The Battle City arc literally ends with their duel that the entire arc has been building up too, then the next time we see Jonouchi he has Red-Eyes.
>>
>>135385331
ah, true enough.

just saying jinzo's still not that great a boss monster.
>>
>>135384988
>Marik is a really shitty duelist
With how he use his deck, I bet an average anon using an average deck can beat him too, just bait him to use Ra, stall for 1 turn and win the turn after.
>>
>>135385238
What do you expect from filler shit?
>>
>>135385333
>>135385299
>Anime only shitters
>>
>>135384773
whaddya expect? these guys shared a brain fa' years!
>>
>>135385238
he is still limted to what is in his deck
there are situations in a card game where no card can save you from losing, it might even be impossible to win from turn 1
>>
>>135385250
Atem could literally manipulate reality, no way he could lose to an beta amateur, so maybe he is being damned in hell now.
>>
>>135385410
>he is still limted to what is in his deck

Then he should get good.
>>
Yugi was a fucking game nerd his entire life, and had watched every single duel Atem ever had, he knew what he was doing. Atem had OP cards and reality warping draws, but cheating will only get you so far when your opponent knows all your strategies.
>>
File: ss (2015-02-01 at 06.22.12).jpg (124 KB, 722x473) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-02-01 at 06.22.12).jpg
124 KB, 722x473
>>135384516

>keith is the best in the USA
>USA is the best in the world
>people aren't ranking Keith number 1

???
>>
>>135385347

Right because you would survive the turn he summoned Ra. If we are playing with 8000 life points you would lose that turn and have no way of coming back.
>>
>Atem could manipulate reality

Is this ever said or are you retards just pulling shit out of your asses like always?
>>
File: recontract universe.webm (2 MB, 832x468) Image search: [Google]
recontract universe.webm
2 MB, 832x468
>>135385410
>thinking that applies in the yugioh world

joey's entire schtick is that he wins despite the overwhelming odds against him, and numerous characters have pulled off asspulls and created new cards specifically to get over a problem.

protagonists especially have had the powers to create new extra deck monsters, draw and create new cards, and manipulate their decks freely.
>>
>>135385299
>>135385333
Atem may have halted the duel for some bullshit reasons and offer another game.
>>
>>135384773
Eh pple also forget jonouchi got his shit pushed in by rishid and won in pretty much the same way he lost to Marik later, by default due to non-game bullshit. Has any duelist worth their salt actually fought him seriously to a conclusion? Maybe Kaiba, who goes for overkill. Marik was pretty much fucking with him for almost the whole time.
>>
>>135385474
keith also only ever won any of his duels through trickery and against off-screen nobodies.
>>
>>135385449
Literally instituationized cheating. How did people allow this in Zexal? He's not even topdecking, he's creating a new card out of thin air that did not exist before that has a convenient effect.

Also Yuuma a total shit. WAAYYY too dependent on Number 39
>>
>>135385346
>jinzo's still not that great a boss monster
I miss these old days when Jinzo was still limited.
>>
File: ss (2015-02-14 at 11.52.39).jpg (115 KB, 722x470) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-02-14 at 11.52.39).jpg
115 KB, 722x470
Godfaddah of games > Best duelist
>>
>>135385528
jinzo didn't win games because of his atk, he won because of how important traps were at the time.
>>
>>135385480
>didn't even watch the anime, much less the manga
>>
>>135385479
>If we are playing with 8000 life points you would lose that turn and have no way of coming back
How can I automatically lose the turn the opponent summons Ra?
>>
File: ss (2015-02-14 at 05.12.48).jpg (88 KB, 721x480) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-02-14 at 05.12.48).jpg
88 KB, 721x480
>>135385543

Joey is objectively the best character in the entire yugioh franchise
>>
>>135385557
I read the manga a couple years back and don't remember any mention of it, honestly.
>>
>>135385480
Remember all that shit where they talk about the heart of the cards right before his deck starts glowing and he draws the card he needs? That's the dub covering for the fact that he used the millennium puzzle to cheat.
>>
>>135384773
>>135384825
>>135385440
Reminder that Atem didn't awaken the ability to draw any card he wanted until his final duel with Yugi, not at any point in the series before that.

>>135385480
Watch Yugi vs. Atem again.
>>
>>135385481
This show has some serious bullshit but thats just too far.
Might as well scribble on the card 'I win"
>>
>>135385597
I like Joey when it's not meme Joey with his shitty dub accent.
>>
File: 1434107408837.jpg (429 KB, 728x1141) Image search: [Google]
1434107408837.jpg
429 KB, 728x1141
Why did the original manga have to be so dark?
>>
>>135385549
>Trap cards weren't important in Yugi's era
>>
>>135385637

>shitty accent

It's a fundamental part of his character
>>
>>135385593
That happens frequently in Yugioh though. Except in GX because it's always Pot of Greed/Bubbleman.
>>
>>135385644
That's why it was so entertaining. Some /tg/ nerd turned into an ancient psychopath who mindfucked people and set them on fire.
>>
>>135385593
How is it a .025% chance if he only has like 50 cards in his deck?
>>
>>135385612

W-Wait the heart of the cards isn't canon?
>>
>>135385644
Yu-Gi-Oh is just a shitty Vanguard without the edge.
>>
>>135385625
>yugi puts a blank card into his deck that lets him later win a duel by creating its effect
>judai frequently created new fusions
>every new form of stardust dragon ever, as well as quickdraw synchron

>>135385646
I don't think joey ever won a duel just because of jinzo's trap negation. he used it as a fancy beatstick. in yugi's era traps were important, sure, but not so much in the anime, since traps can't be as flashy and be sold as such.

>>135385644
takahashi wanted to write a horror manga with fucked up games....which turned into a manga about card games.
>>
>>135385701
dumbass probably meant 2,5%
>>
>>135385614
>Drew Black luster ritual when battling Mai
>Drew Black magic ritual when battling Pegasus
>All just right before losing
>Didn't possess hack draw ability
>>
File: FAITH.jpg (178 KB, 528x541) Image search: [Google]
FAITH.jpg
178 KB, 528x541
>>135385657
I haven't watched the anime since I was a kid, but he was still a pretty rad dude in the manga without it.
>>
>magic cylinder
>>
>>135385614
Atem had the reality warping shit from the first duel we saw. He literally used it in EVERY match where he managed to pull what he needed at that point and halt an ass whooping over the next 3 turns.

1. Did it to Kaiba with his Exodia.
2. Did it to Weevil with his rain card and Summoned Skull.
3. Did it to Panik with Swords of Revealing Light and Catapult turtle, then broke the entire fucking game by bullshitting an explanation why destroying a defense card would wipe out Panik's entire board and win.
4. Did it with Brothers Paradox by bullshitting a rule into the game with his Dark Magician.
5. Did it to Kaiba with merging his mammoth into the Ultimate Blue Eyes with polymerisation and Kuriboh and multiplication for INFINITE defense.
6. Don't recall the Mai duel so maybe not there.
7. Didn't do it to Joey.
8. Did it multiple times vs Pegasus. Including all the shit he did against Pegasus's boss monster with inexplainable shit despite Pegasus being the 'creator' of the card game.

That's just the bullshit in Duelist Kingdom.
>>
>>135385770

Without the accent he is just a generic good friend guy
>>
>>135385723
>takahashi wanted to write a horror manga with fucked up games....which turned into a manga about card games
Because his supposed horror games were shit compared to the card game.
>>
>>135385780
did it to joey with dark sage
did it to mai with black luster ritual
>>
>>135385723
In all honesty I don't think the manga ever really loses it's "dark" vibe, when you cut out the filler it flows from Duelist Kingdom (Fucked up shit all around, Yugi saying he'll tear of Haga's legs, Pegasus and Bakura in general, etc) > Dungeon Dice Monsters (I recall something about Ryuji's dad) > Battle City (Marik and Bakura, especially Marik and his torture stuff) > Egypt (Don't remember a lot here honestly)

The manga makes it all flow really well.
>>
>>135385791
In the original him and Tristan were thugs, which was kind of interesting.
>>
File: jounouchipls.png (80 KB, 428x501) Image search: [Google]
jounouchipls.png
80 KB, 428x501
>>135385791
And with it he's a generic good friend guy with a shitty accent.
>>
So out of all the Yugioh protagonists, who pulls the most shit out of their ass crack?

I go with Yusei. The amount of times I shaked my head when he had the most specific magic or trap card to play was insane. Let us not forget the infamous Shooting Quasar Dragon summon.

Just watch his duel against Zone. At one point he activates a BS card that lets him refill his hand during his opponents turn, and then does the following with only 5 cards in his hand

Activates monster effect that lets him special summon when drawn

Activates tuner monster effect to special summon then synchro during his opponents turn for Ancient Fairy

Activates an effect from his hand to negate an attack on a synchro and special summon the monster from his hand

And when Zone is about to finish him off with effect damage he activates a monster effect in his hand to negate effect damage then special summon a synchro monster from his extra deck using monsters in GRAVEYARD as materials, but that monsters effects are negated. He gets Power Tool Dragon on the field and still has 1 card in his hand when Zone ends his turn. If I was Zone, I would be raging hardcore at Yusei right now, having prevented 5 of his Time Gods from finishing him off.

Yusei then proceeds to synchro Life Stream Dragon next turn, uses a BS Speed Spell to revive all the signer dragons, synchros into Quaeser, kills all 5 of the time gods and then gets Shooting Star Dragon on the field. He still has another Speed Counters to draw a card (which happens to be Converging Wishes).

Never have I been more disgusted in my life with how a duel concluded. Fuck Yusei and his goofy hair.
>>
>>135385839
Hey now, don't ruin the dubfags precious pretend world he lives in.
>>
>>135385827

Dark Sage wasn't a reality shift though. It was literally due to Joey trying to win and getting his luck with Thousand year dragon.

It's just that it was the only way Joey could deal with Dark Magician with his ghetto deck at that point and it back fired. It wasn't due to Yugi being a dick and cheating that he played his best monster at that point. It was just that joey's trump failed due it empowering Yugi's best.

Plus I did say I dont recall the Mai duel. it's literally been a decade and a half since it was on TV here, if not longer.
>>
>>135385872
I know people like to say it's Yuma, but I honestly think I can count the number of Re:contact Universe things he did on his hand and Shining Draws are really no different from any other kind of Destiny Draw.

I'd almost say Judai though given he almost always Pot of Greed's into Bubbleman
>>
>>135385848

He sounds more lower-class and a wannabe tough guy with the accent.

It adds character
>>
>>135385614
Its more like he finally used his ability to draw any card he wants at will during the final duel when all he did previously was unconsciously use it to pull the right card when he needed it.
>>
>>135385827
He didn't cheat vs Joey. Dark Sage was due to Joey trying to age Dark Magician, not due to Yugi top decking.

Against Mai, he was in deep shit and cheated like a boss. Atem was pretty fucking shitty at the game without his power.
>>
>>135385872
Yuma. All of the other guys you could at least sort of justify as having godly luck.

Yuma literally cheated in front of everybody by changing the card.
>>
>>135385872
yusei's maindeck cards were almost all shown multiple times at least once. won't argue against his stupid combos and creating extra deck stuff.

>yugi manipulated his deck to draw whatever
>judai somehow always drew the perfect card, and created extra deck monsters whenever
>yusei was a combo master, and created extra deck monsters
>yuma had the power of ZEXAL, which let him literally create new cards to draw, as well as freely manipulating his deck like yugi and judai. he also had recontract universe
>yuya....created pendulums and relies on action cards.

my vote's with yuma. ZEXAL was ludicrous.

>>135385894
he only used recontract universe like once, but he used ZEXAL to create ZWs to draw multiple times.
>>
>Megumi Ogata will never be Yugi again

Why even live?
>>
>>135385918
Not that anon, but he still sounds a bit more like a delinquent then the others in the Japanese version.
>>
File: Fuck off.png (299 KB, 300x440) Image search: [Google]
Fuck off.png
299 KB, 300x440
>>135385890

Why anyone would even summon this shit card is beyond me. The only thing is does is add one spell card to your hand.
>>
>>135385918
You can make a guy sound like that without an annoying as fuck Brooklyn accent.
>>
>>135385996
Because it's defense is high enough to block Blue Eyes.
>>
>>135385918
>Liking meme Jonouchi
>Liking the dub at all

Only sub voice that isn't good is Yugi's and that's because it's not his Season 0 voice. Kaiba is glorious and Jonouchi sounds good.
>>
File: Raigeki-LCJW-EN-ScR-1E.png (598 KB, 444x645) Image search: [Google]
Raigeki-LCJW-EN-ScR-1E.png
598 KB, 444x645
>>135385996
Searching spell cards is broken since theyre usually the most broken power cards out there. The only generic spell searcher besides dark sage is left arm offering, which requires you to banish your hand with 2 or more cards in it, or magical stone excavation, which requires 2 discards.
>>
File: Nuff Said.png (302 KB, 300x438) Image search: [Google]
Nuff Said.png
302 KB, 300x438
>>135386025

You want to block it? How about a monster with 3k defence, only needs one monster to tribute summon it and is a hell of a lot easier to summon then Dark Shit.
>>
>>135385872
I found Yusei to be a bit of a Gary Stu. While the other protagonists had some sort of flaw (physical weakness, overconfidence lack of common sense, naivete) Yusei was an excellent fighter and a genius who excelled at everything he tried his hand at (even fucking ice skating), while still being humble and calm.
>>
>>135385996
I thought they made that into a fusion summon like Thousand Dragon.
>>
>>135386070
That card would result in both getting destroyed. Dark Sage has enough to survive an attack.
>>
>>135386063
Or the pre-nerfed Dark Magician of Chaos, which really should've just came back at 1 as it is instead of being gutted.
>>
>>135386129
Well, it wouldn't actually though because it's in defense, now would it?
>>
File: Kek.png (38 KB, 239x178) Image search: [Google]
Kek.png
38 KB, 239x178
> 89 posts
> 25 unique posters
>>
>>135385996
Being able to add any spell card to your hand is completely broken, if you ever play YGO you will understand this.
>>
>>135386130
Konami overnerfed a lot of the banned cards, I agree, though Dmoc in his natural form is just asking to get abused by and for any future spell cards.
>>
>>135386129
Uh no, if an attack mode monster attacks a defense mode monster and their atk and defense values are equal, basically nothing happens and you just wast an attack. They only kill each other if they're both in attack mode and have the same atk values.
>>
>>135385918
Jounouchi isn't a wannabe tough guy, he's an actual tough guy. Have you seen how crazy good at beating people up he is?
>>
>>135385807
>Because his supposed horror games were shit compared to the card game.
Except they weren't and it was the best part of the damn manga
It was interesting what kind of game would Yami come up with every chapter...he just created a new game out of nowhere

It truly deserved the name "Yugioh"(AKA The King of Games) at that time
>>
I've been rewatching S1, is it worth it to continue the rest of the series?

Can't help but feel like it won't top Atem's story.
>>
>>135386249
Not as good as a motorcycle cop apparently.
>>
Reminder that cheating/bullshit was always a thing for Atem to win games
>Oshio lost by trying to kill him instead of playing the game properly
>The lighter was pure bullshit with how it fell
>Blue-eyes killing herself was bullshit to the max
>E X O D I A
>Kicking the table during the RPG with Bakura
>The monsters cam alive and held that filler dude down during the monster fight game
>Atem happened to be compatible with Anzu despite Yugi not being compatible during the searching game
Atem was always a cheater.
>>
>>135386295
That's why Kaiba fucked up the series, at least Bakura would vary what kind of generic tabletop shit he played, Kaiba just kept bringing back the cards.
>>
Yugi knew exactly how Atem duels, down to what cards Atem will place down to cover his ass if his current strategy failed.

Getting all 3 gods out effectively at the beginning of the match despite the cost and effort of even getting one out thanks to the 3-monster tribute needed per god makes it pretty clear that Atem was drawing whatever cards he needed to get the gods out.
>>
>>135386315
>Kicking the table
Cheating was the whole point of the Bakura fight, they were trying to see who could do it better.
>>
>>135386153
Go to any thread and you'll see the ratio is 3:1 in every one of them.
>>
>>135385949
>>yuya....created pendulums and relies on action cards.
He also freely generates extra deck cards out of his ass like every other protagonist.

Also given how much bullshit you need to go through to summon OERD the fact that he can do it with almost perfect consistency every time he activates his edge mode is just ridiculous. It's possibly the hardest protagonist ace to summon in the series.
>>
>>135386304
GX has its ups and downs, I personally love it, mostly for how based all the characters end up being, but it is kinda nonsensical and the bad parts are lengthy

5D's is worth watching for it's first 60 or so eps I think it is, some of my all time favorite Yugioh, Up to you after that, but I think there was a good year or so of nothing happening.

Zexal I is dogshit but II is okay, you can pretty much avoid it though.

Arc-V is pretty decent so far. I like it better then the DM anime, but not the manga.
>>
>>135385949
>yuya....created pendulums and relies on action cards.
He also makes new cards whenever he gets a new Odd Eyes form
>>
>>135386063

Gtfo with your stupid shit. Yugioh is a game about card control and setting yourself up for future plays in the future.

Let us see all that it takes to get that one magic card you are looking for.

-Time Wizard
-Two tributes for Dark Magician's normal summon
-Dark Magician
-Calling the coin flip right
-The Dark Sage itself.

So that is 5 cards right there and luck. No magic card is worth 5 cards with how Yugioh was back in the day. With trap cards that could simply destroy a monster special summoned like bottomless all that would be for not.

You cannot logically play this card competitively in any way.
>>
>>135386153
And?
>>
>>135385637
then it wouldn't be Joey

it'd be Jounouchi
>>
>>135386422
Cool, thanks.
>>
>>135386429
>-Two tributes for Dark Magician's normal summon
Can't you get Dark Magician out via magic cards?
>>
>>135386082
he also had no personality

Also...Kiryu best character in 5D's yet he only appears in one arc...dammit
>>
>>135385807
all the horror games were based off of pre-existing games

even the card one
>>
>>135386039
HA NASE
>>
>>135386426

Compared to the others Yuuya is still a saint. Sure he created the two pendulums but the mechanic was mass produced 30 episodes later and with the odd eyes cards they were stopped plenty of times by action cards or traps. It is not like he is pulling off combos that don't work in any way in reality.
>>
>Yugi's Kuribo asspulls
>>
>>135386082
>Yusei was an excellent fighter and a genius who excelled at everything he tried his hand at (even fucking ice skating)
That's understating it.

Yusei literally solved the hardest physics problem in the world which solved the world's biggest energy crisis WITHOUT A PROPER EDUCATION.

His physicist genes were just THAT strong.
>>
>>135386082
That's a common Yusei complaint, people do tend to think he was on the bland side personalitywise.
>>
>>135386429
Yugioh is a game about collecting the latest gamebreaking cards before konami has time to ban them.
>>
File: I am displeased, IN AMERICA.png (415 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
I am displeased, IN AMERICA.png
415 KB, 640x480
>>135386336
Screw Kaiba. I know that the manga would have died without card games but he literally had everybody sucking his dick for the story to move forward and caused several shit to be retconned so the plot would make sense.
>He was supposed to be a one shot villian and he was to never be seen again after he got banished to the duel monsters spirit world to be killed by monsters again and again
>He suddenly has a brother who threatened to cut Yugi's fingers off if he lost in a game
>He suddenly is a billionaire who hijacked a weapons company to a game company and he's rich enough to develop holograms for card games and to blow 10 billion yen on a death theme park
>He gets a sob story to make people sympathize with him
>Bakura was supposed to be Atem's rival but Kaz had to change it to Priest Seto so the rivalry would make sense which ended up into Bakura becoming irrelevant for the majority of the manga
>Yugi would have jobbed if BEWD didn't kill itself because he woke up
>Battle City arc was all because Isis told him about god cards and he wanted to gather all three to beat Yugi
>He changes the future in his duel with Isis by summoning BEWD which was bullshit to the max since what kind of soothsayer can't account for multiple futures
>He was the reason Atem didn't lose to Malik because of Devil Sanctuary
>He becomes Pharaoh after Atem dies and established the gravekeepers taking tattoos on their backs and that memory tablet
>He is the reason why this franchise is about card games instead of games
>His fanbase is why BEWD is printed in almost all rarities
>His fanbase is why all Yugioh series need a Kaiba clone else they won't watch it.
Kaiba is the biggest Gary Sue ever
>>
>>135386541
>It is not like he is pulling off combos that don't work in any way in reality.
Cold Waves that can be activated from both the field and the graveyard don't exist in reality.
>>
>>135386336
Yeah that's why I fucking loved Dungeon Dice Monsters in Duel Monsters...that shit was pretty damn fun and refreshing to watch after getting bored of the damn card game non-stop

Bakura's Monster World arc was definitely a memorable arc

It's all on Kazuki for making Kaiba such a major character though and then afterwards introducing Pegasus and forever fucking the series

Remember how fucking fun Capumon was? Fuck that too

Jeez what wasted potential...just so he can cash up on the TCG
I guess it's ultimately Konami's fault
>>
>>135386153
>what is conversation
Sorry this isn't a /v/ thread where everyone posts a single dank meme and leaves.
>>
File: magobakura.jpg (154 KB, 477x521) Image search: [Google]
magobakura.jpg
154 KB, 477x521
>>135386668
I like that Bakura hangs around for the entirety of the manga at least unlike the anime. I was honestly surprised when he was the final villain of the anime because he seemed so fucking irrelevant.
>>
>>135386082
Yusei had precisely two 'flaws'; he had the whole drama about Zero Reverse, despite the fact that not only was it not his fault, but he was a baby at the time, so he couldn't have done anything about it. He makes it sound as if everyone will hate him because his father was wrapped up in the whole thing.

The other was that drama with the Machine Emperor, even though he won against it in the first place. He tried not Synchro Summoning in one duel, promptly gave up and discovered that the secret to beating them was MORE SYNCHRO SUMMONING.

Now compare that to Yugi's lack of confidence, Judai's mindbreak, Yuma's naive trust and Yuya's daddy issues.
>>
>>135386703
In the manga though Duel Monsters was only concentrated on in two arcs.

Mind you, they were pretty long arcs but it's still only two out of what, 5 or 6?
>>
>>135386676

As I said before compared to Yusei or even Yuma....Yuuya does the least amount of cheating and rule breaking.
>>
File: 1450556496537.jpg (104 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1450556496537.jpg
104 KB, 1680x1050
>>135386668
ORE NO PRIDO
ORE NO TAMASHII
>>
>>135386703
YGO manga wasn't that popular. Without the card games propping it up, it would get early cancellation.
>>
File: 1448940963282.png (266 KB, 500x454) Image search: [Google]
1448940963282.png
266 KB, 500x454
>>135386429
So how does any of that disprove what I said?

Spell cards are ridiculously powerful, that's why any card that searches spell cards has either insane cost or is extremely hard to get out.

Dark Sage at the time could grab you raigeki, monster reborn, or any number of banned spell cards which in its time would have won you the match right then and there.
>>
>>135386857
Any proof of that senpai?

I keep hearing it yet there's no proof of it. All Kaz has said is that fans wanted more DM.
>>
>>135385490
What with this mental gimnastics? Considering Joey's playstyle is not to farfetched to think he got really lucky in his duel with Atem and won Red-Eyes. Remember he's a high risk-high reward player so probably he has a series of good shots that day.
>>
>>135386806
>Triple recontact universe in the first episode
>Wins against Yosenju perfect plays with action card faggotry, convenient change name trap, and lol +5
All of them suck but he's no better.
>>
>>135384516
Yugi is actually strong as fuck. His house is a game shop. His gramp's a game nerd and so is he.
>>
>>135386153
>people aren't allowed to hold an extended discussion about their interest
No anon, you are the retards
>>
>>135386880
Because you might as well gather exodia by the time you could actually pull the move off, and even then it's a 50% chance.
>>
>>135386857

What are you on about? It was still relatively popular enough to not get cancelled. You need to remember duel monsters was towards the end and there were at least a dozen games made up before hand. It wasn't getting cancelled at all. HELL, it even got an anime, an OVA and all sorts of shit based on the ORIGINAL series which was testament to its fanbase. It's just that the Duel Monsters stuff was more popular and easier to market so it ends up overshadowing the rest.
>>
>Jinzo

IT'S PSYCHO-SHOCKER FOR CHRIST'S SAKE !!!!
>>
>>135386926
Memory World features no card game and it got rushed to hell because editor told Kaz to hurry it up. because its falling in popularity.
>>
>>135386847
See this shit? The man is mentally insane with all the bullshit he spouts like "I HAVE JUST TRANSCENDED COMMON SENSE" "ORE NOT PRIDO ORE NO TAMASHII BURU AIZU HWAITO DORAGON" "HORIBIRU NO BURSTO STREAM" and yet people still suck his dick instead of calling him out as a mentally sick scalie and an asshole for all the crap he's pulled.
Remember what I said about all series needing a Kaiba clone?
Take a look at >>135386880 the person in that image is Reiji Akaba, the rival in Arc-V which is completely unrelated to DM yet he looks like the child Kaiba would have if he knocked up the BEWD or he looks like Kaiba dyed his hair silver for some reason and put in Violet contacts in his eyes.
It doesn't help that the new movie has him as the MC instead of rightfully focusing on Yugi.
Screw Kaiba, I hate this guy so much it burns
>>
>>135386770
Most of the Manga was spent on Duel Monsters(or Magic & Wizards as the manga calls it) so no you have no point

Early Yugioh didn't dedicate long arcs to a single game...the only one that did was the Monster World arc and even then it was like a volume or so(maybe less can't remember)
>>
>>135387105
Kaiba made Kaz rich. Its only fair he get a movie.
>>
GOIN FAST MAKES FEEL ALIVE
MY HEART BEATS IN HYPER DRIVE
>>
>>135387105
Reiji is like the opposite of Kaiba in personality anyway so your complaint is invalid.
>>
>>135387158
7 Volumes.
>>
>>135385474
Cause he got BTFO'd in Duelist Kingdom by being exposed to have little to no skill as an actual duelist and could only win by cheating.
Atem at least had some skill, Keith completely relied on cheating.
>>
>>135386857
that's bullshit right there
if it got a fucking anime based on it(by Toei no less) it was fucking popular

when shit like Air Gear(for example) manages to stay around for 10 years Yugioh could have stayed on however long it wanted with no sweat(of course it wouldn't reach the same popularity as it did with the TCG but it would have survived comfortably)
>>
>>135387158
I think it was 4 volumes.
>>
>>135387245

>magicking the deck
>skill
>>
>>135386930
>Using luck to win against a reality warper
>>
>>135387158
>School Arc
>Death-T Arc
>Monster World Arc
>Dungeon Dice Monster Arc
>Millennium World Arc

All didn't focus on Duel Monsters. I'm not saying Duel Monsters isn't a lot of the manga, but people who say "OMG AT A CERTAIN POINT IT JUST BECOMES ALL DUEL MONSTERS IT SUCKS DXX" are wrong because there is DDM inbetween the two then it ends with the final arc.

And yes apparently the "School Arc" is an actual thing, I looked it up to be sure.
>>
>>135387245

Nah. Keith was good but as shown vs Joey, he had a power deck with little to no magic. He literally damage raced opponents and didn't learn when Pegasus cucked him with the 5 year old.

He was literally Kaiba after Kaiba learned to play.
>>
>>135387309
At least Atem didn't put completely new cards into his deck while the duel was running, stashing them in his sleeve.
>>
>>135387247
When it get TOEI anime, the card game is already a thing. And wasn't Kaiba's role in that also expanded from the manga?
>>
>>135387345
Keith cheated in his match vs Joey. He hide his card in his bracelet.

Keith is a shitter.
>>
>>135387376

Except that Keith had those cards in the deck. Remember decks were checked before those duels so Keith DID have the Number 7 cards in his deck, he just had them in his wrist straps too so he could fudge the odds if they werent in his favour. Atem was literally a prolific cheater to the point that he couldnt beat ANYONE decent without cheating.

He just kept it a hidden thing so noone knew he could do it. The Will of the Pharoah was literally a cheating super power where as Keith just fudged the odds when he wanted.
>>
So we're getting a special Movie Booster Pack with 45 cards all in the Kaibacorp rarity,
This is probably where we'll get the rest of the Fruit Magician Girls and Aigami's Houkai deck. Man, they're using a lot of new cards in this movie.

>https://ygorganization.com/dsod-movie-pack/
>>
File: 385867-87521-seto-kaiba.jpg (61 KB, 455x640) Image search: [Google]
385867-87521-seto-kaiba.jpg
61 KB, 455x640
>>135387105
But Kaiba being a mentally sick scalie with an ego larger than the moon is the reason why people love him. He's a grade A asshole who gets by the power of Fuck You, makes destiny his bitch, loyal to his waifu, and pulls out the most insane crap just for his needs. Just look at him : he makes an entire city his property, puts out a tournament that ends up on a blimp, then on a tower where he creates a virtually generated Coliseum, and summons God and destroy the screens broadcasting the match around the world through sheer alpha.
Add to that Kenjiro Tsuda's excellent voicework and his general design, and it's no wonder he gets a lot of fans.
>>
>>135387232
What are you talking about?
The Monster World arc was about a volume long
The rest of the game usually got 1 chapter(or 2 at most)
>>
>>135387345
Yeah, let's not forget the 7 complete cards.
That's how he's "damage racing". Along with stealing Joey's card that he has to show in order to even compete.
Keith can't do shit as a duelist and got scared of fucking Joey, who was inexperienced and a complete underdog back then, trying to kick him out with illegal means.
Fuck Keith.
>>
But what about the pure heart of the cards?
>>
>>135387542
Will they actually use over 45 new cards in the new movie? Or will a bunch of these cards be reprints?
>>
>>135387319
Eh, it's not really a School arc. It's "Yugi killing his classmates and criminals" arc.
>>
>>135387283
>>135387319
you guys have to be taking the piss?
from chapter 61 to 278 most of it is Duel Monsters
That's like 75% of the manga right there
>>
>>135387635

Yes because when Pegasus cheats no one bats a n eye but when Keith gets a little advantage everyone freaks the fuck out.
>>
>>135387487
Stop protecting Keith. Pegasus doesn't give a shit about the decks, that was just for appearances. He just wanted to be entertained which is why he didn't say shit about Keith cheating until the duel was over.
>>
>>135387744
probably 45 new cards they made up for the movie.
>>
>>135387380
And that means what exactly? Jackshit
Kaiba's role was more or less the same as in the manga

The manga wasn't failing before it became an advertisement for the TCG like so many people believe
>>
>>135387816
Pegasus cheated against an ancient pharaoh nigga.

Keith cheated against a poorly educated teenager.
>>
>>135387565

The guy jerks off and finishes off on his Blue Eyes cards before he goes to sleep. He has issues. Very deep issues.

He also has clothing that defies the laws of physics.
>>
>>135387744
Mostly new cards. Maybe a reprint of DM and BEWD in their movie forms but everything should be exclusive to the movie. We already had the Millennium Pack and Millennium Box which had reprints from the DM era.
>>
>>135387542
That's a good thing. 45 new cards for a movie is unheard of which also makes me excited for the possibility of new Dark Magician support.
>>
>>135387565
>He's a grade A asshole who gets by the power of Fuck You, makes destiny his bitch, loyal to his waifu, and pulls out the most insane crap just for his needs. Just look at him : he makes an entire city his property, puts out a tournament that ends up on a blimp, then on a tower where he creates a virtually generated Coliseum, and summons God and destroy the screens broadcasting the match around the world through sheer alpha.
Seems legit. He seems badass to teen boys which are the target audience and being a 16 year old, /fit/, billionaire makes him appeal to teenage girls. He's basically the fusion of Donald Trump's ego, Walt Disney's charity to children, Justin Bieber's charm to women, Batman's backstory and wealth, Lex Luthor's evil and the autism of Chris Chan except directed to dragons instead of sonic.
>>
>>135387886
Can they really use 45 cards in less than 2 hours?

>>135387976
I expect a reprint of Kaz's new art for DM, but the new art for BEWD is already being used for Blue-Eyes Alternative White Dragon
>>
>>135387944
>Pegasus cheated against an ancient pharaoh
Pegasus cheated against everyone
>>
File: 1447791662803.png (542 KB, 436x622) Image search: [Google]
1447791662803.png
542 KB, 436x622
>>135388046
>Can they really use 45 cards in less than 2 hours?
You haven't seen real yugioh.
>>
File: Tell me more faggot.jpg (111 KB, 760x687) Image search: [Google]
Tell me more faggot.jpg
111 KB, 760x687
>>135386955

Yes because the same faggots arguing over piddly shit is a good discussion. The original concept of the thread is about how Yugi beat Yami yet now we have fruit fucks talking about Kaiba cheating.

Fuck /a/ and everything it stands for.

> 177 posts
> 44 unique posters
>>
>>135388046
>2 hours?

Do we know how long the movie will be? Also, they could slowly reveal new cards leading into the movie but wait to put them in the pack like the Magician Girls.
>>
>>135388046
>Can they really use 45 cards in less than 2 hours?
Yes, the Pyramid of Light movie was an hour and a half long and they used over 50 cards. Most of them weren't new cards, but still.
>>
File: Kaibafrustrated.jpg (6 KB, 273x185) Image search: [Google]
Kaibafrustrated.jpg
6 KB, 273x185
>There's people on /a/
>RIGHT NOW
>who don't like Kaiba

Not even the heart of the cards can make something about this colossal shit taste.
>>
>>135388117
So do you come here just to shitpost?
>>
>>135388266

Yes because a narcissistic rich kid with a dragon fetish is so likable. Throw in the fact that he has an obsession with another duelist, to the point of being a homoesexual and you have a guy that not even the average duelist could stomach.

Face it, your hero is a faggot.
>>
File: ss (2015-12-26 at 07.38.53).jpg (106 KB, 437x487) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-12-26 at 07.38.53).jpg
106 KB, 437x487
>>135388296
>replying to shitposting
>>
>>135387565
Fuck off Yugifag. Kaiba should have been the MC of the series. Yugi gets cucked by Atem and can't even get his fucking waifu. He should have lost against Atem and I hope Kaiba BTFO's him in the new movie. Yugi is an autistic fuck and if it weren't for Kaiba, the whole series would have just flopped.

I still remember watching the series as a kid and thinking 'Why the fuck is it revolved around shitty Yugi? Kaiba could easily BTFO him' but of course no, faggots like you who suck Yugi's dick would get offended if he lost.
>>
File: 1448669470399.png (146 KB, 458x358) Image search: [Google]
1448669470399.png
146 KB, 458x358
>>135388266
>liking a man who bankrupted 2 people and forced one into suicide for 3 trading cards
>liking a man who hospitalized an innocent old man and tore up his prized gift from a friend because his grandson beat him in a card game using that card
>liking a man who spent 10 billion yen on a death theme park purely out of revenge
>liking a man who shits on based Jou
>liking a man who shits on everybody else but himself and probably his brother
>liking a man who bought an entire city for a card game tournanment
>liking a man who almost killed the entire the cast by blowing up an island
>liking a man who is obsessed with getting fucked by a dragon
I seriously hope you don't do that.
>>
File: Edgy Kaiba.jpg (63 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
Edgy Kaiba.jpg
63 KB, 500x275
>>135388367
Only a faggot doesn't like glorious faggots
>>135388463
Besides shitting on Jonouchi all of those are all good points though.
And he just likes to banter with him, he does respect his skill.
>>
File: 31746780.jpg (18 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
31746780.jpg
18 KB, 512x384
>>135388463
What's your point?
>>
>>135388571

Kaiba does not and I will repeat this for you, does not respect Jonouchi or his skill.

Fuck Kaiba.
>>
>>135388415
>entire post is glorifying Kaiba
>"fuck off Yugifag"

??????
>>
>>135387211
And he runs a horror-themed strategic mindgames deck that Yugi would love.

Meanwhile Yuya just summons bigger dragon beatsticks one after another when the going gets tough.

Yuya is the Kaiba of Arc-V.
>>
>>135386668
>He gets a sob story to make people sympathize with him
>im-fucking-plying
He manipulated his father into suicide and stole his company
>>
File: 003.jpg (541 KB, 1456x1169) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
541 KB, 1456x1169
>>135388631
Stop basing yourself on the dub. Kaiba respects Jounouchi.
>>
File: 1448673546307.jpg (23 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
1448673546307.jpg
23 KB, 384x288
>>135388571
>And he just likes to banter with him, he does respect his skill.
See>>135388631
I was laughing till my sides hurt when he starting acting like a butthurt child when Jounochi stole his Blue-eyes. Fucking bastard deserves to have those cards taken away from him as an ante after Jou beats his ass with Red-eyes black dragon to put him in his place.
>>135388627
He's an asshole. nuff said
>>
>>135388015
We know for a fact that we're getting Magician Girl support, but I believe Dark Magician support might as well be a lost cause because of how they screwed up the names and stuff
>>
>>135388693

Probably a translation error or something.
>>
>>135387187
DO YOU THINK YOU CAN WIN?
ONLY IF I LOSE.
JUST LET DESTINY CHOOSE
>>
>>135387345
>Pegasus making a 5 year old the fucking USA champion just to shit on Bandit Keith
The best scene in the entirety of YGO
>>
>>135385347

We really shouldn't take seriously how viable the characters' strategies would have been in real life. For one thing, the show clearly wasn't interested in realistically representing how the metagame of a collectible cardgame would evolve, otherwise everybody in the show would have filled their decks with Pot of Greed, Raigeki, Mirror Force, Harpy's Feather Duster, etc. For another thing, the show by this point clearly did not even understand the basic mechanics of the game concretely, unless they assumed that it would be able to simulate Newtonian physics to such a degree that it would be a legitimate strategy to use one monster to throw another at a specific part of another monster, thus bringing it crashing out of the sky onto the rest of the monsters.
>>
>>135388837

Doesn't make any sense. A five year doesn't understand how to play the game or can read at a basic level.

Yet long name monsters and confusing spell names he can read it off a napkin. Hell he even did a tribute summon. There is no way a 5 year old could do this in real time that quickly or even pull it off.
>>
So I was wondering something. There's a metric ass-ton of Yu-Gi-Oh games, but most that I've seen are just representations of the card game with maybe a few basic animations thrown on top, Are there any that try to do what the show does, and have animated representations of the cards that are played display on the field? Even tiny sprites would be nice.
>>
>>135388939
He didn't need to know what he was doing, probably Pegasus instructions were "use this card,then when Keith uses the elephant use this,put this card here and then play this card,,etc.."
>>
>>135388939
He was probably asian.
>>
>>135388939
Who cares? It's still great.
>>
>>135388837
That was in the anime. In the manga Pegasus didn't give a shit about the tournament at all. He used the kid to promote the game since "even a child can play it and be good"
>>
>>135389036
GX:spirit caller
>>
>>135385238
The only way to defeat Atem is to trick him into using his cheating powers to draw the cards you want. That's what Raphael and Yugi did
>>
>>135384516
No, you can not get an asspull. Yugi was good all along all he missed was the confidence and personality of someone who could win. Yugi being a smart pussyass who hides his true self is literally the main purpose of him and Atem and characters...
>>
>>135388892
Wasn't this whole YGO game created by Takahashi? The official rules were only added by KONAMI later, so as the author, he can make whatever rule he wanted in his game.
>>
>>135389036
There's some GX game for like the wii that does that. Also I think those 5D self insert DS games have sprites.
>>
>>135389073

A five year old is at the age of writing and reading very simply words. You are telling me Pegasus was able to write down language so basic a 5 year old can understand? No. That isn't believable considering the level of interaction and card detail in the game.

Would a 5 year old even know what an elephant even is? How would he know what card to play if he can barely read? Tribute summoning requires you to put the monster in the grave yard and take spot with the new tribute monster. No way a 5 year old could do that.
>>
>>135388031
>Justin Bieber's charm to women
I think it has more to do with him just being famous at this point
>>
>>135389158

I know that Takahashi invented the game, my point was that he obviously did not put a great deal of thought into the logical limitations of a card game. That's why situations like the Catapult Turtle Toss happened.
>>
>>135389036
Nightmare Troubadour if you want classic Yu-Gi-Oh! I think most DS YGO games have sprites for monsters.
>>
>>135389181
The kid wasn't 5 year old. Anon just used a random number, don't take everything so literally. Tom was probably 9-10 years old.
>>
>>135389181
>Would a 5 year old even know what an elephant even is?
How illiterate were you
>>
>>135389181

Speaking as somebody who has interacted with five-year-olds, yes. Five-year-olds love elephants. They also love dinosaurs, sharks, constructions vehicles, and basically anything else that they can conceptualize as being both dangerous and bigger than their parents.
>>
>>135389181
I think you're severely underestimating to cognitive abilities of children.
My niece could tell you what an elephant was when she was two years old.
>>
>>135389036
>getting 5ds game
>end up playing only the motorcycle minigames
That game was the shit
>>
File: LabyrinthWall-LCJW-EN-C-1E.png (296 KB, 300x437) Image search: [Google]
LabyrinthWall-LCJW-EN-C-1E.png
296 KB, 300x437
What were your favorite absurdly outlandish duel scenarios, anons?

Mine was definitely the one with this motherfucker. One monster card and the game inexplicably turns into a tactical RPG
>>
File: Kek.gif (256 KB, 220x165) Image search: [Google]
Kek.gif
256 KB, 220x165
>>135389291

Of course focus on the small line about the elephant but ignore the rest. The game requires you to know about chaining effects, using magic cards at the right time, playing the right card in the right zone and understanding how to summon. Yes Pegasus totally explained everything basic enough to a 5 year old on a napkin.

>>135389329
>>
>>135389223
Ok, I see now.

Btw, Takahashi is the special case, but why didn'tdirectors in follow Yugi animes try to learn about the game? Their characters' combos were completely surreal and they didn't even use tech cards. I can hardly remember any main characters using cards like Pot of Greed, Raigeki or Harpie's Feather.
>>
>>135389181
What kind of illiterate ooga-booga village do you live? Of course they know, as long as their parents aren't a piece of shit who won't teach anything.
>>
>>135389411

I don't care about the rest of the argument, I just firmly believe in the education of small children on large dangerous creatures.
>>
>>135389415
Or he mind controlled him like he intent to do with Mokuba when battling Kaiba.
>>
>>135389223
And the manga/anime is better for it. It wouldn't be nearly as entertaining without insane stunts like that.
>>
>>135389452
Shit, >>135389452 is for >>135389411
>>
>>135386400
quasar is almost completely unsummonable in yusei's deck, he had to invent a card in order to summon it.
>>
>>135389415
>I can hardly remember any main characters using pot of greed
you serious?

they stopped using it in 5D's and on because it got permab&, but...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay_S8NjPEXk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJBqDXPngYs
>>
>>135389411
Along with Frozen, Ice Age was one of my niece's favorite movie. She was able to recognize that a Mammoth was just an elephant with fur, so she called the movie "elephant".
With that being said, what kind of people do you hang around that don't even teach shit to their kids? I'm not embarrassed to say that when I was in high school, my chemistry teacher's two year old son was able to recognize and name more dinosaurs than I could. He was shit at numbers though.
>>
>>135389396
>inexplicably
The whole duelist kingdom arc was RPG, author just pretended it was a card game to satisfy the reader
>>
>>135389631
In a world where PoG were unlimited like their, it wouldn't make sense if all players didn't fill their deck with 3 PoGs.
>>
>>135389722
the anime/manga tend to follow the banlist, so pot of greed was pretty much always at 1 until it was banned completely.
>>
File: No.gif (2 MB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
No.gif
2 MB, 280x210
>>135389649

I still don't believe you anon but whatever. The discussion isn't about that and no amount of fairy tail stories you type out will change my stance.
>>
>>135385333
It's anime only. In R, which are made from dropped ideas they had when the manga was still being made and takes place between Battle City and Memory World he doesn't have it.
>>
>>135389532
Formula Synchron + 2 Junk Warriors
Done.
>>
>>135389818
my niece is 3 and she loves curious george, and loves monkeys.
>>
>>135389818
At this point I'm just curious as to why you think kids can't learn shit in the first couple of years of their lives.
You gotta admit, it is stretching it for a kid NOT to know what an elephant is.
>>
>>135389181
I've seen 6 year olds that play yugioh. Not well, but they play it. A 5 year old following instructions isn't that hard to believe.
>>
>>135389843
>Formula Synchron + 2 Junk Warriors

Refer to my post about how he summoned Qaesar being the major issue.

>>135385872
>>
>>135389631
How about other cards, like Solemn judgement, Black horn of heaven or Divine wrath? It's like their deck had no trap to negate effects and summons.
>>
>>135386082
He's also the only protagonist that NEVER lost a duel. Authors sucked his dick so hard that the only duel he was losing got interrupted with an incident.
>>
>>135390039
solemn judgement had a few cameo appearances, but for the most part, especially in later seasons, they tended to avoid staple cards, preferring to use archetype-specific ones.

remember that the series has become an advertisement to sell NEW cards, not a reminder that these powerful older cards still exist. a few old staples still see some use, like monster reborn(since it's limited in the OCG, not forbidden), but for the most part they're trying to sell new packs, which means using new cards.
>>
>>135390039
They didn't use anything like bottomless either. Presumably because it isn't as cool seeing someone's boss monster taken out by generic traps.
>>
>>135390151
>it isn't as cool seeing someone's boss monster taken out by generic traps
It's hilarious too see it though. Like how Keith's Zoa was killed by Chasm of Spikes.
>>
>>135388750
>when he starting acting like a butthurt child when Jounochi stole his Blue-eyes
You would too if somebody stole your 3000 year old waifu anon
>>
>>135388750
>butthurt child when Jounochi stole his Blue-eyes
Well seeing the most valuable card ever that you literally killed for obtaining it fall in the hands of a literal retard must have been excruciating
>>
>>135386039
>implying Yugi's voice isn't glorious
MONSUTA KAADO
>>
>>135390716
(not that guy)
Megumi Ogata>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Shunsuke Kazama
>>
>>135390829
Her wimpy Yugi voice was a pain though.
>>
>>135389181
Hold the fuck up, so you're telling me a 5 year old child couldn't follow instructions as simple as "hit the elephant with the elephant"? And an American kid would have to live deep in the woods and to not know what an elephant is.
>>
>>135390829
Ogata was a good voice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDgmFe7rKwg
>>
File: 1448669253877.png (136 KB, 335x349) Image search: [Google]
1448669253877.png
136 KB, 335x349
>>135390487
>You would too if somebody stole your 3000 year old waifu anon
What?
>>135390687
>Well seeing the most valuable card ever that you literally killed for obtaining it fall in the hands of a literal retard must have been excruciating
Jou is not a retard. He's a bro who grew up rough as fuck with his parent's being divorced and his dad putting them into so much debt that he had to sell papers from he was 12.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.